• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-25 10:09:27 Reply

At 8/24/08 10:38 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 8/24/08 09:01 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: Goal of the season :P
That was pretty much the highlight for your entire team in that year. :P

That year we finished 8th in the table :)

And i dont support cov for trophys or champions league, if i wanted to support that id be supporting man u or chelsea :D
You really think anyone in the championship below cares about that?
Well...if you happen to win the league cup or the FA cup, then you qualify for the UEFA cup. Every match is important, of course they care. By the way, the championship league does have its own trophy for the winning team.

We arnt talking about the championship though, you mentioned champions league or the prem, not the FA or Carling, keep on track :)

they care about getting promoted and the fun of the league games and the odd big team in the cup (Newcastle anyone?)
Coventry is not going to beat Newcastle, keep on dreaming.

Why so sure? We did over Man U and BlackBurn.

Say all you want about cov now
Coventry suck and you know it.

But i love them and no dick from up north is gunna make me think different :)

But who is in the higher league?
Leeds are still the better team.

Cov would be Oldham at least

Exacly
Oh, really?

Ya Really

Donny at the weekend
They could very well beat you. :P

Hey they could, this is the championship, anything could happen, just saying, its not likely ;)

When we beat them
We will see about that...

O we will

its for you dukey babey :p
If you are lucky enough to stay up.

See that makes no sence, i said when we beat Donny, It's for you and all your friends from leeds. then you say if we're lucky enough to stay up? what? are we going down within this week?

Please make some sence at least

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-25 11:27:29 Reply

At 8/25/08 10:09 AM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: That year we finished 8th in the table :)

Finishing 8th does not get you anywhere in the championship. :P

Why so sure? We did over Man U and BlackBurn.

We will find out if Coventry can beat Newcastle or not tomorrow. Do not count on it though, Newcastle is in form.

But i love them and no dick from up north is gunna make me think different :)

At least you are a true fan unlike some glory hunters.

Cov would be Oldham at least

I am not so sure of that. Oldham is off a good start. Anything can happen in a soccer game.

Hey they could, this is the championship, anything could happen, just saying, its not likely ;)

The odds indicate that Donny are the favorite in the game, so it is more likely that they will beat you than you beating them. :P

When we beat them
We will see about that...
O we will

I will rub it in whenever Coventry lose because I am eeeeeeeevilllllll. :P

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-25 12:05:12 Reply

I will rub it in whenever Coventry lose because I am eeeeeeeevilllllll. :P

lol i gathered

O well, whatever happens tomorow, i just hope its a good game for camera, and i hope we thrash donny now just to spite you :P

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-25 15:40:56 Reply

At 8/25/08 12:05 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: O well, whatever happens tomorow, i just hope its a good game for camera, and i hope we thrash donny now just to spite you :P

Newcastle will beat you 2-0 tomorrow, that is my prediction. As for my Leeds boys, I can see them winning 2-1 against Palace. Too bad the game is not going to be televised in the U.S, but I will be scoreboard watching for sure.

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-25 18:40:39 Reply

You're a yank?

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-25 18:41:46 Reply

At 8/25/08 06:40 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: You're a yank?

Nope. I am just studying in the U.S. I am not a yankee.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-26 16:32:33 Reply

OMG, LEEDS ARE UP 3-0!!!!! :D:D:D ALL HAIL TO THE MIGHTY WHITES, WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO THE THIRD ROUND OF THE LEAGUE CUP! LEEDS ALL THE WAY!!! :D :D WE ARE LEEDS AND WE SHOWED CRYSTAL PALACE WHO WE ARE! NEVER EVER COUNT OUT THE MIGHTY WHITES! WE ARE GOING TO THE THIRD ROUND AND WE FUCKING RULE IN THE PITCH!!!! jERMAINE BECKFORD IS A GOD, LEEDS FOR WINNING THE LEAGUE CUP. MARCH ON TO THE UEFA CUP. LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, WE ARE THE MIGHTY LEEDS UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB AND WE ARE GOING TO THE NEXT ROUND, BABY!!!!! :D :D :D ALSO, COVENTRY ARE LOSING JUST LIKE I EXPECTED. WHERE ARE YOU NOW, MY LITTLE COOKIE-MUSTA FRIEND?

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-26 16:35:57 Reply

Make it 4-0!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D Can we play you every week?

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-26 16:48:02 Reply

ZOMG, 90+ Goal to Coventry! Could it be a major upset? >:(

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-26 18:00:38 Reply

Jesus Christ what a fucking good game

We lost 3-2 but Fuck it was spectacular

Fuck relegation if we play like that everyweek we are goin up

What an effort

Duke if you seen that game my god would have witnessed a cracking game of football mate

Wow

Bring on the F.A Cup and Revenge on the Toon :P

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-26 18:18:43 Reply

Hey, I am telling you, my friend. If Leeds play like they just did against Palace regularly, they would be back to the premier league by the end of the next season. I have not seen my boys playing so well in a long time. What a game! Too bad that 70% of the seats were empty which was really disppointing. I hope that we draw Man U for the next round so that we will fill the stadium up. :P

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-26 18:21:07 Reply

Lets hope so

Maybe Cov and Leeds will become the Man U and Chelski :P

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-28 11:09:52 Reply

At 8/26/08 06:21 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: Maybe Cov and Leeds will become the Man U and Chelski :P

Definately not Coventry, lol! They are staying where they belong forever, man! :P

BBS Signature
cookie-monsta1
cookie-monsta1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-28 14:35:52 Reply

We certainly have a better opertunity than you at this moment in time :P

Who Leeds got at weekend? and when you got Leicester

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-28 16:45:08 Reply

At 8/28/08 02:35 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote: We certainly have a better opertunity than you at this moment in time :P

Really? As long as we play like we did against Crystal Palace, Cov have no chance in hell when the two teams meet up. Yes, we are in League One, but we are still Leeds. The name itself is enough to lure many good players. ;) Plus, we have more money than you, there is little that you can do about it. I guarantee you that we will be back to the PL within three years, watch out. :P

Who Leeds got at weekend? and when you got Leicester

We are going to host Bristol Rovers this weekend, it is a game that we ave to win. We get Leicester at home on Boxing Day. (26th, December) It should be a great game.

BBS Signature
ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-29 01:43:05 Reply

Yeah well this is coming from a guy who broke an agreement to not talk about a certain issue and he decides to bring it back up and make accusations.

So if he gets offended by a simple term of calling him a faggot, then lol.

Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-29 08:12:54 Reply

This guy is actually trolling, seriously.

I'm just going to ignore him from now on.

Give my thoughts form and make them look insightful.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-29 09:38:54 Reply

Awwww can't take the type of abuse he gives out to others? Bye then you hypocritical chav scouser cunt.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-29 23:10:18 Reply

Who will be our next victim in the League Cup? I hope that we draw a big name team for the next round so that we can remind them who we are. >:)

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-30 18:05:07 Reply

>:O!
Another draw? It was not a draw against Leichester, not against Carisle, it was a draw against fucking Bristol Rovers AT HOME. We are playing like we want to stay in the swamp of League One for another season! >:O What is the matter with our once proud defense? 7 goals conceded already after 4 games against average League One teams? What the fuck was that? >:O It really confuses me, we could hammer Palace 4-0, yet could not beat average League One teams? If we do not play UP, we are going to trail Leicester and Carisle by 20 plus points half way through the season. It makes me mad like hell that we are playing like shit. >:O >:O The bottom line is that if we do not wake up RIGHT NOW, we can kiss and say goodbye to promotion,. Oh, by the way, I do not give a fuck about the League Cup, Even if we win it, it does not get us out of this league. Honestly, I would rather seeing us win a damn league game than seeing us advancing in the cup. Oh, for the love of God, stop starting Andy "I cannot play soccer" Hughes and Frazer Richardson, they STINK. >:O>:O>:O
Yep, I am mad like hell. >:O>:O

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-31 06:33:06 Reply

At 8/30/08 06:05 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: >:O!
Another draw? It was not a draw against Leichester, not against Carisle, it was a draw against fucking Bristol Rovers AT HOME. We are playing like we want to stay in the swamp of League One for another season! >:O What is the matter with our once proud defense? 7 goals conceded already after 4 games against average League One teams? What the fuck was that? >:O It really confuses me, we could hammer Palace 4-0, yet could not beat average League One teams? If we do not play UP, we are going to trail Leicester and Carisle by 20 plus points half way through the season. It makes me mad like hell that we are playing like shit. >:O >:O The bottom line is that if we do not wake up RIGHT NOW, we can kiss and say goodbye to promotion,. Oh, by the way, I do not give a fuck about the League Cup, Even if we win it, it does not get us out of this league. Honestly, I would rather seeing us win a damn league game than seeing us advancing in the cup. Oh, for the love of God, stop starting Andy "I cannot play soccer" Hughes and Frazer Richardson, they STINK. >:O>:O>:O
Yep, I am mad like hell. >:O>:O

Welcome back to reality... I'm not sure why you think Leeds have some God given right to be better than everyone else in League One, but quite clearly they aren't. That isn't to say they won't get promoted come the end of the season, but by no means are they a long way ahead of the competition, and they will have to work for it. Certainly I don't see them back in the Premiership for a few years, given their current squad and finances they will not be one of the top sides in the Championship.

As for the Bristol Rovers result, that is a classic example of a 'smaller' side playing up against Leeds- after all a trip to Elland Road is probably the biggest match of the season for a team like that. Nottingham Forest found the same problem in League One, it doesn't matter how much history a side has, that means nothing down in the depths of the league. Man City were down there not long ago, as were Forest, Leeds and Leicester are still there, and MK Dons (formerly Wimbledon) slipped even further down for a while.

Meanwhile Plymouth are predictably awful this year, after a Summer of selling almost all of their quality players... survival is all that matters this season, and I'm far from confident as things stand- 2 points after 4 games (including a couple of winnable fixtures in Swansea and Burnley) is ominous form :(

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-08-31 17:04:34 Reply

Leeds did win seven in a row to start last season. I think that the difference is that without the points deduction, some players think that they can take a walk in the park every Saturday and still get the team promoted. Elland Road is by far the biggest stadium in League One and other teams play up against Leeds. We need to respect every team and treat every match like the playoff final. I watched our game against Bristol Rovers. Some players apparently did not try as hard as Beckford who was the reason why we got a point. To get the job (of getting promoted) done, all our players have to take every match seriously and play their full potential.
P.S: Why did Plymouth sell all the quality players? Do you guys have some financial problems or what?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-09-01 10:17:10 Reply

At 8/31/08 05:04 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
P.S: Why did Plymouth sell all the quality players? Do you guys have some financial problems or what?

They are a side with no pedigree and no history, so as soon as a good player develops there a bigger club puts in an offer and lures them away. Although Plymouth aren't in financial trouble, they don't have the money to keep good players, or to bring new ones in, hence the considerably weaker side this year than last season. It also doesn't help when your first choice keeper is arrested for killing two people in a DUI incident, and your main striker leaves for 'personal' reasons.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-09-01 17:38:03 Reply

At 9/1/08 10:17 AM, Sentio wrote: They are a side with no pedigree and no history, so as soon as a good player develops there a bigger club puts in an offer and lures them away.

Oh, I see. Look like that there are plenty of moneygrabbers who put money in front of loyalty. Good luck on surviving this year. League One is not a fun place, I can guarantee you that.

BBS Signature
danwolves
danwolves
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-09-01 19:10:35 Reply

I'm a pretty die hard Football fan, it's pretty much my life and I've only just found this crew, so I'll be a definate regular here. I'm a Wolves fan as you can probably tell by the name and We! Are! Top of the league! I think this is the season for us. Getting a bit ahead of myself though as we started off well last season and screwed it up. Oh well, I've got faith this season.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-09-02 18:24:19 Reply

The way Leicester City have been playing, it is fucking scary. They look like championship league playoff contenders. I hate to admit it, but Leicester appear to be THE CLASS of League One and they have proven themselves by destroying opponents. I will not be shocked at all if they run away in the league and win the title in dominant fashion. On the nice side, my Leeds boys are not playing upon their level for whatever reason. Unless things take a sudden turn in the next a few weeks, we are going to get RAPED by Leicester in the standings. Forget about Leicester City, they are just a championship side who happen to play League One soccer, we MUST HOLD OFF the likes of Carisle by the end of the season if we do not want to roll the dice again in the playoffs. Come on, Leeds, it is time to PLAY UP.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-09-02 20:30:08 Reply

We did beat Bradford City this afternoon 2-1, but our defense still looked shaky and gave up a goal which made the final stage of the game much more intensive than it should be. Nevertheless, we managed to advance to the next round. Hopefully, we will find a way to win IN THE LEAGUE this Saturday.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-09-02 21:56:36 Reply

I do not care about cup competitions as much as I care about league plays, but I still want Leeds to fare well and win the LDV Vans Trophy. I found out that Carisle was not in the competition. Oldham also got flamed out at home this afternoon. In my opinion, Brighton and Leicester are now the biggest hurdles on the way of my Leeds lads. Hopefully, the two rivals will be forced to play each other in the next round with Brighton hosting the match. (so that they will have a better chance do the dirty work for Leeds) >:)

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-09-03 14:04:56 Reply

At 8/31/08 06:33 AM, Sentio wrote: Meanwhile Plymouth are predictably awful this year, after a Summer of selling almost all of their quality players... survival is all that matters this season, and I'm far from confident as things stand- 2 points after 4 games (including a couple of winnable fixtures in Swansea and Burnley) is ominous form :(

Maybe Mpenza will save your season? I know that he is not nearly as good as he used to be. But he still has some juice left which should be enough for him to fare well in the championship league.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc 2008-09-04 04:06:48 Reply

At 9/3/08 02:04 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 8/31/08 06:33 AM, Sentio wrote:
Maybe Mpenza will save your season? I know that he is not nearly as good as he used to be. But he still has some juice left which should be enough for him to fare well in the championship league.

I'm actually a little stunned we landed him over other sides in the Championship- after all a quality free agent is usually snapped up straight away! Granted he was pretty mediocre at Man City last season, but there are numerous strikers that are average in the Prem and world beaters in the Championship (just look at Kevin Phillips!). I'm not getting excited just yet, but it might be the best signing of anyone in the Championship and could quite easily save us this year.

Speaking of Man City... did anyone see that coming? It brings back memories of West Ham swooping for Tevez and Mascherano on the last day of the transfer window, though that obviously didn't help them a great deal ultimately.

But Man City now look like they may well be serious, and could be throwing crazy offers around all over the place in January... and with that kind of money I don't think there is anyone they couldn't buy! It is depressing that financial support like this is the only way to win anything anymore for sides outside the big 4 (and those inside it as well in most cases), but you can hardly blame City for that, and it is great to have another side pushing for the title at last! After all a big 5 is much better than a big 4, as one will start missing out on the Champions League each season now...

Of course there may be some dodgy dealings or something and this is all a false dawn, but at the moment that doesn't seem like it will happen, and we'll have to get used to Manchester City being the biggest side in the world... it seems weird even typing it!

This may also be the last straw for UEFA/FIFA/the top sides in Europe etc of course... I wouldn't be surprised if there was talk of wage capping etc in the coming months as they won't like some upstart breaking up their European elite. Something needs to be done about the huge gulf extra finance can produce in football- there are many who miss the days when a well drilled and coached side of average players could win the league and even European title without huge amounts of money.

BBS Signature