New Topic Respond to this Topic
Slightly-Crazy-Dude
Slightly-Crazy-Dude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc May. 25th, 2013 @ 09:03 AM Reply

Please excuse my ignorance for jumping into a club without asking for membership beforehand. Also, I read the last few pages and this seems to be more a English Premiership set-up more than anything, but I hope this isn't too out of place.

So, the Germans finally get to invade London tonight.

I've been looking forward to this game for a while now and I'm hoping it'll be one of the classics. It has the potential to be a spectacle if Bayern play the way they did against Barcelona and Dortmund play the way they did against Madrid. I just hope it won't be as boring as it was last year.

I truly want to see a Dortmund 5 v 4 Bayern result or something in a similar vein. The Germans don't really do shit football.

Your thoughts?

Also, the Ultimate Legends match just finished a while ago and it was fun to watch. Some of those old farts still have the touch. Kind of scary to watch people in their mid forties pulling off turns and skillful dribbles.

Will Smith was there with his son, to sign autographs and whatnot. A bit of a what the fuck moment for me. Must be spearheading a European tour of publicity for their new movie.

Anyway, come on Dortmund, win me some fucking money!

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc May. 25th, 2013 @ 10:49 AM Reply

At 5/20/13 01:22 PM, Sentio wrote: The mighty Yeovil Town, a team with quite a bit of connection with my family (my cousin plays for their under 12s), overcoming the odds yet again.

Feel-good story indeed, but I highly doubt that they will stay up next season.

Brilliant.

No disrespect to Yeovil, but the fact that my Mighty Whites are in the same divison with them indicates how low we have dropped since Bates took over.

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc May. 25th, 2013 @ 05:07 PM Reply

Champions League Winners 2013:FC BAYERN MUENCHEN!

Fuck yeah!

Really intense match, and a deserved victory. I'm really glad for Robben that he scored the winning goal. I'm also happy for Schweinsteiger and Lahm, this is their first international title!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc May. 27th, 2013 @ 08:28 AM Reply

At 5/25/13 09:03 AM, Slightly-Crazy-Dude wrote: Please excuse my ignorance for jumping into a club without asking for membership beforehand. Also, I read the last few pages and this seems to be more a English Premiership set-up more than anything, but I hope this isn't too out of place.

Only because we are predominantly English users. No need to request to join, just post and get involved! I can't speak for everyone, but while my main footballing interests are obviously here in England (though not the Premier League!), I do have a passing interest in other European leagues and do try and keep up with who is top/looking to qualify for Europe next season.

At 5/25/13 05:07 PM, Haggard wrote: Champions League Winners 2013:FC BAYERN MUENCHEN!

Fuck yeah!

Really intense match, and a deserved victory. I'm really glad for Robben that he scored the winning goal. I'm also happy for Schweinsteiger and Lahm, this is their first international title!

I missed the game as I was in London watching Muse at the Emirates. While I can't share your delight at Robben scoring the winner, a player I just can't stand, I can admit that Bayern deserved to win, if not for this game then for their performance throughout the season in Europe. Anyone that destroys Barcelona deserves the title in my eyes, and they were robbed last year by Chelsea.

Saying that I was hoping Dortmund would win, as they will do well to be as good next season and have been fantastic in Europe as well this year. Bayern will be there or thereabouts for some time now.

At 5/25/13 10:49 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 5/20/13 01:22 PM, Sentio wrote: The mighty Yeovil Town, a team with quite a bit of connection with my family (my cousin plays for their under 12s), overcoming the odds yet again.
Feel-good story indeed, but I highly doubt that they will stay up next season.

Is that important though? They will give it a go, get a good boost in revenue, play some decent sides, and are at least in with a chance of surviving. Either way so long as they budget sensibly they will become a strong League 1 side for the following season should they go down, and that is a definite improvement on the usual relegation struggle.

No disrespect to Yeovil, but the fact that my Mighty Whites are in the same divison with them indicates how low we have dropped since Bates took over.

Leeds were midtable in the Championship when he took over (14th). They are now mid-table in the Championship. By my reckoning that means they haven't become any worse, despite a period in administration in the middle. That was incidentally a division with top sides including Rotherham, Gillingham and Crewe. Seems to me that Leeds have found their level. It just happens to be the same level as Yeovil Town!

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc May. 27th, 2013 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 5/27/13 08:28 AM, Sentio wrote: Saying that I was hoping Dortmund would win, as they will do well to be as good next season and have been fantastic in Europe as well this year. Bayern will be there or thereabouts for some time now.

Unfortunately their team probably will be dissolved next season, a lot of players are already being negotiated and Dortmund will have a hard time maintaining this level of quality, but I hope they do.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Ejit
Ejit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc May. 31st, 2013 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 5/27/13 06:11 PM, MiroDK wrote: Unfortunately their team probably will be dissolved next season, a lot of players are already being negotiated and Dortmund will have a hard time maintaining this level of quality, but I hope they do.

Seems like Dortmund get an easy ride with some people. Definitely underdogs in a competition like the Champion's League, but hardly a small club. On the contrary, one of the richest in the world, with highest attendances and extremely profitable transfers - even if their hand is forced on occasion.

This Monaco business is funny. In Football Manager 2012 I signed both Falcao and James Rodriguez for them. I'm not claiming to be a sage or anything but...keep an eye out for a trio of Jovetic, Isco and Capoue coming to Spurs this Summer.

Reckon Monaco will be more than just the next Zenit, too. Must be quite exciting for followers of the French league to have two massive spending clubs and such a big pool of talent. And if they don't work out, Pardew'll play 'em on the wing in a few years' time. Bantz.

BBS Signature
Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 1st, 2013 @ 05:46 AM Reply

Seems like Dortmund get an easy ride with some people. Definitely underdogs in a competition like the Champion's League, but hardly a small club. On the contrary, one of the richest in the world, with highest attendances and extremely profitable transfers - even if their hand is forced on occasion.

Yeah, I think they're like up to 8th in revenue or something like that. They'll get on alright, especially with Klopp at the helm. Will lose a few players but they've made a bit of money and will undoubtedly spend. Won't compete with Bayern Munich for a while though.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 1st, 2013 @ 06:54 AM Reply

At 5/31/13 03:11 PM, Ejit wrote:
Reckon Monaco will be more than just the next Zenit, too. Must be quite exciting for followers of the French league to have two massive spending clubs and such a big pool of talent. And if they don't work out, Pardew'll play 'em on the wing in a few years' time. Bantz.

When so many clubs have huge sums of money at their disposal then location plays an increasingly massive role. Monaco has a huge advantage over any other club in Europe thanks to being a tax haven, combined with being 'the playground of the rich and famous', in a beautiful setting on the South coast of France, and finally in a league that they should be guarenteed Champions League football in every season.

So long as their billionaire sticks with them then they will be a major force in Europe in a few years (as indeed they used to be for the same reasons)- other clubs will have to offer wages three times bigger than Monaco to get the same players, and even the moneybags at City etc. will struggle with that. Scary that players as good as Falcao are already going there despite not being in Europe. Yet.

As for Dortmund, they have exploded in the last 15 years or so in terms of revenue, but if they keep selling their best players to their biggest domestic rival then they are never going to win anything.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 1st, 2013 @ 08:01 AM Reply

Looking forward to the next season of EPL...quite a few interesting coaching changes and new faces in the playing squads. Here's to Chelsea and let's win something !

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 1st, 2013 @ 09:40 AM Reply

Why cannot my Leeds United get a mega rich owner? I am pretty sure that it is down to Bates, nobody wants to deal with the cunning low-life. Bates out!!!

BBS Signature
Ejit
Ejit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 1st, 2013 @ 10:53 AM Reply

At 6/1/13 06:54 AM, Sentio wrote: When so many clubs have huge sums of money at their disposal then location plays an increasingly massive role. Monaco has a huge advantage over any other club in Europe thanks to being a tax haven, combined with being 'the playground of the rich and famous', in a beautiful setting on the South coast of France, and finally in a league that they should be guarenteed Champions League football in every season.

I doubt location plays as big a part in a player's decision as league to be honest. Money is of course important but other than that I get the impression that players want to be remembered and for that club/league stature is surely one of the main determiners.

Unless I'm mistaken, high profile players from the Portugese league often have third party ownership particularly when coming from South America as is the case with Falcao, and I gather this is a big influence on the move to Monaco. Don't know that you'd see the same flux in players without it. It was underwhelming even when he moved to Atletico.

So long as their billionaire sticks with them then they will be a major force in Europe in a few years (as indeed they used to be for the same reasons)- other clubs will have to offer wages three times bigger than Monaco to get the same players, and even the moneybags at City etc. will struggle with that. Scary that players as good as Falcao are already going there despite not being in Europe. Yet.

I imagine if they manage to work their way up the league too quickly their tax agreement will face increasing scrutiny with Ligue 1 clubs/authorities and/or with UEFA.

As for Dortmund, they have exploded in the last 15 years or so in terms of revenue, but if they keep selling their best players to their biggest domestic rival then they are never going to win anything.

Don't mean to be pedantic but they did win the domestic double last year. And they didn't sell Gotze to Bayern exactly.

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 1st, 2013 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Today was the german cup final in Berlin. And guess who grabbed the title? That's right! FC BAYERN! Now, that's a historical victory. Never before has a german team managed to win the league, the cup and the champions league in one season. AWESOME!

Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:54 AM Reply

At 6/1/13 07:31 PM, Haggard wrote: Never before has a german team managed to win the league, the cup and the champions league in one season

Actually, this sentence is only partially right. The womens team of the VfL Wolfsburg managed to do this in this year as well, and a few days earlier than the FC Bayern.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:23 AM Reply

At 6/1/13 07:31 PM, Haggard wrote: Today was the german cup final in Berlin. And guess who grabbed the title? That's right! FC BAYERN! Now, that's a historical victory. Never before has a german team managed to win the league, the cup and the champions league in one season. AWESOME!

Bet that people will turn on Pep Guadiola is he is off a poor start...

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:40 PM Reply

Another dismal England display being given a rosy tint due to 10 minutes of decent play.

I don't understand how we can be positive about last night- for the first 60 minutes we looked worse than terrible, and only Joe Hart kept us in the game. Johnson was utterly hopeless in defence, almost gifting Brazil a goal on a couple of occassions. Carrick keeps being made out like he is Mr consistency, but kept passing the ball away or getting bullied off it. Milner looked like a CM trying to play winger. Badly. Walcott was his old head down and run into trouble self, unable to beat any of the Brazil defenders or find a team mate on the rare forays England had forward.

And why does Hart KEEP shelling the ball either upfield to our midgets up front, or worse, straight out of play? Goal kick after goal kick went back to Brazil, with at least 5 straight out for a throw in. He did the same the last time I saw England play as well. That is no way to beat anyone.

And then, for ten minutes, we looked like world beaters. The difference? Johnson was off (65 minutes too late). Jones was actually playing in defence. We played a system which gave our midfield space. We passed the ball rather than smashing it forward. We looked like a team that had actually played football before, when before the team were doing a might fine impression of a poor Sunday league side.

Take note Mr Hodgson. We CAN play football with the right players and tactics. It would be nice to play like that from the start of every game. Please.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 01:40 PM, Sentio wrote: Take note Mr Hodgson. We CAN play football with the right players and tactics. It would be nice to play like that from the start of every game. Please.

Unfortunately I see the Brazilian team weak and still trying to get it's shit together, in a so not good time to be like that, considering the fact that we're hosting the next WC.

Considering how bad England played in the first half, we could've opened a decent margin, but like most recent games, we start well, controlling the game but not making much goals and then we lose control and end up tying or losing. Brasil has some exceptional players but Scolari still has to put together a decent team.

Also, Mourinho signs with Chelsea, not a big surprise there.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:15 PM Reply

At 6/1/13 09:40 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Why cannot my Leeds United get a mega rich owner? I am pretty sure that it is down to Bates, nobody wants to deal with the cunning low-life. Bates out!!!

I never know if you're serious or not. You know Ken Bates sold Chelsea to Roman Abramovich, effectively streamrolling the mega rich owner movement right?

Also Mourinho woop woop. Don't even care where Chelsea finish next season, its like mummys come home. Thats all that matters right now.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 4th, 2013 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 6/3/13 10:15 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/1/13 09:40 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Why cannot my Leeds United get a mega rich owner? I am pretty sure that it is down to Bates, nobody wants to deal with the cunning low-life. Bates out!!!
I never know if you're serious or not. You know Ken Bates sold Chelsea to Roman Abramovich, effectively streamrolling the mega rich owner movement right?

Not to mention he sold Leeds United to GFH last November, so doesn't even own the club anymore!

Also Mourinho woop woop. Don't even care where Chelsea finish next season, its like mummys come home. Thats all that matters right now.

I must admit, it is exciting to think he will be back in the Prem next season. I hated him when he was here last time, but I have to admit that he brings entertainment to the league, not to mention could thrust Chelsea right into a crowded title chase. Without him I'd have put CIty and United as favourites, but it is certainly a three horse race with the Special One back.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 4th, 2013 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 6/2/13 05:23 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 6/1/13 07:31 PM, Haggard wrote: Today was the german cup final in Berlin. And guess who grabbed the title? That's right! FC BAYERN! Now, that's a historical victory. Never before has a german team managed to win the league, the cup and the champions league in one season. AWESOME!
Bet that people will turn on Pep Guadiola is he is off a poor start...

I don't know. Guardiola has won a lot of titles, so I guess he has some credits with the media and with the fans as well. I sure as hell am very interested in seeing how Guardiola works at FC Bayern and I sure will give him time to adopt to the new country and the new league.

But what I know about Guardiola is, that he is very accurate. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gives interviews in german right from the beginning... (Ribéry needed about 3 years to finally give interviews in german, haha).

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 11:13 PM Reply

Is anyone following the confederations cup?

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Ejit
Ejit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 06:34 AM Reply

At 6/16/13 11:13 PM, MiroDK wrote: Is anyone following the confederations cup?

Yeah. I can totally understand why people scorn it but it's keeping me entertained. Some great teams playing and less dross - I'm not the biggest fan of big 'upsets' in latter stages of competitions.

Mexico - Italy in particular I thought was a great game.

Spain vs Italy U21 Euro final tonight should be good. And soon afterward we should find out where Isco is going, I hope he goes to City to be honest.

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 12:03 PM Reply

Well, a lot of shit has happened, Brazil winning the confederations cup over Spain by 3 goals which, honestly, was a surprise to me. I'm glad Brazil is back to being that team of respect once again.

Paulinho left Corinthians to join Tottenham, the spurs really are putting a good team together, they have enough quality to get far in most competitions in my opinion.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 7/6/13 12:03 PM, MiroDK wrote: Well, a lot of shit has happened, Brazil winning the confederations cup over Spain by 3 goals which, honestly, was a surprise to me. I'm glad Brazil is back to being that team of respect once again.

Surprising, but we all know the big one is next year. Nobody really cares that much about the Confederations Cup. Plus you can argue that the best team in Europe wasn't there on recent form (Germany).

Paulinho left Corinthians to join Tottenham, the spurs really are putting a good team together, they have enough quality to get far in most competitions in my opinion.

I worry that signings like this are because Bale is already as good as gone. Spurs are putting together a good side, but it will only be a real contender if Bale stays. Which most people are assuming he won't. Still a lot of time in the transfer market.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 7/6/13 12:45 PM, Sentio wrote: Surprising, but we all know the big one is next year. Nobody really cares that much about the Confederations Cup. Plus you can argue that the best team in Europe wasn't there on recent form (Germany).

Confederations isn't really that important, but at least I saw Spain getting it's ass kicked, I hate their style of playing. Germany lately have been always considered favorites, but they did end up losing to Italy in the last Euro when they were considered favorites. But they do have a team to win every title they dispute.

I worry that signings like this are because Bale is already as good as gone. Spurs are putting together a good side, but it will only be a real contender if Bale stays. Which most people are assuming he won't. Still a lot of time in the transfer market.

Seems to be that way, at least they signed a good player, though if they are planning their signings to replace Bale, they should focus more on offence.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Ejit
Ejit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 7/6/13 12:03 PM, MiroDK wrote: Well, a lot of shit has happened, Brazil winning the confederations cup over Spain by 3 goals which, honestly, was a surprise to me. I'm glad Brazil is back to being that team of respect once again.

Brazil were great in that game but I think Spain's style of playing is particularly prone to fatigue. Don't think there's any doubt that it would have been a better game had Spain not played 120 mins a couple of days beforehand in very tough conditions. Del Bosque could potentially take some of the blame for that in terms of rotation but the Italy win was no guarantee.

Paulinho was fantastic over the course of the tournament and I really look forward to centre 3 of Dembele, Sandro and him.

At 7/6/13 12:45 PM, Sentio wrote:

I'm under the impression that, on the contrary, most have accepted Bale will stay for at least another season - that AVB has been assured as much to stop him fleeing to PSG. And if Spurs were in the next season to qualify for the Champions League then his stay could be prolonged, though that might be dependant on him not particularly excelling.

On the other hand, the failure to sign a striker is becoming more and more frustrating. It's been what, 4 years now?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jul. 17th, 2013 @ 12:31 PM Reply

The new season is merely week away now, so now is a good time to remind everyone of the Fantasy League that a few of us took part in last year (and that yours truly won, despite not really paying much attention to it).

As I no longer take part in my regular annual fantasy league with my old university friends I intend to take this one a bit more seriously, so it would be great to see a few more of you taking up the challenge and sticking with it this year.

FREE ENTRY!

I'm sure a league will be set up sooner or later, but for now just worry about getting that team ready!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Aug. 14th, 2013 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 7/17/13 12:31 PM, Sentio wrote: The new season is merely week away now, so now is a good time to remind everyone of the Fantasy League that a few of us took part in last year (and that yours truly won, despite not really paying much attention to it).

As I no longer take part in my regular annual fantasy league with my old university friends I intend to take this one a bit more seriously, so it would be great to see a few more of you taking up the challenge and sticking with it this year.

FREE ENTRY!

I'm sure a league will be set up sooner or later, but for now just worry about getting that team ready!

Wow, I go away for two weeks, the football season starts, and I come back to.... *tumble weed*

I've gone ahead and created a league at the above site:

League name: NGFC
League code: 96994-388294

Would be great to get a few teams joined ASAP!

Otherwise I've returned to tree consecutive defeats for my beloved Plymouth. Same old same old this season then...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Aug. 14th, 2013 @ 04:56 PM Reply

hey guys, i went to some bundesliga games last weekend and saw that düsseldorf have a bukkake crew

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 8/14/13 04:56 PM, jonthomson wrote: hey guys, i went to some bundesliga games last weekend and saw that düsseldorf have a bukkake crew

Düsseldorf is playing in 2nd league, not the Bundesliga. :P
Also, I like the slogan of the bukkake crew: "When we come, we come together".

Watching Thistle vs Hearts on BBC Alba right now (ok, a live stream of the BBC Alba coverage). Come on, Gaelic isn't a real language, is it? It sounds as if they where talking english and I try to understand it... and then I am surprised that I can't make out a single word. And then I realize that it isn't english at all! >_>

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 03:55 PM Reply

Watching Thistle vs Hearts on BBC Alba right now (ok, a live stream of the BBC Alba coverage). Come on, Gaelic isn't a real language, is it? It sounds as if they where talking english and I try to understand it... and then I am surprised that I can't make out a single word. And then I realize that it isn't english at all! >_>

A true Scot would eat you alive for that statement. Gaelic is spoken in Ireland, Scots have a separate language called Gallic. Parts of the highlands are still signposted in Gallic, especially around Inverness, and some of the islands still virtually exclusively speak it.

I am assuming that we are bringing back the prediction league for a third season, with the Prem back tomorrow?

So, without further ado (how I have missed this!), it is time for predictions for the opening weeked of the 2013/14 season!

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke
Arsenal 2-1 Villa
Norwich 1-1 Everton
Sunderland 2-1 Fulham
West Brom 3-2 Southampton
West Ham 3-1 Cardiff
Swansea 2-2 Man Utd
Palace 1-3 Spurs
Chelsea 4-0 Hull
Man City 3-0 Newcastle

And extra special midweek game (already!)

Chelsea 3-1 Villa (what a nightmare start for Villa, and a cakewalk for Chelsea!)

All in all I'm the most excited about this Premier League season that I've been in years. The top is genuinely wide open between 3-5 sides, there are a load of potential midtable sides (Norwich, Fulham, Stoke, Southampton, Villa, Newcastle, West Ham, Swansea all look better, Everton will probably be worse), and all three promoted sides have a hell of a battle on their hands to survive.

Sunderland have virtually a new first XI, so I have literally no idea what they will do this year!

And that is before some likely major signings before the end of August!

Plus while I am usually strictly neutral in the Prem (although always favouring an upset), I've got a real soft spot for Palace, so will be hoping they do well this year.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature