New Topic Respond to this Topic
Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 15th, 2008 @ 12:15 PM Reply

At 1/13/08 10:38 PM, ViperMask wrote: Fenerbahçe and CSKA is I learned from The Real Football Factories International.

What's that then?

Like I said, it's the most honourable things I've seen in hooliganism.

That's pretty disturbing.

So you're calling people who train to go and beat people up at football matches 'honourable'.

Stuck in the 70s, somewhat?

Give my thoughts form and make them look insightful.

Mr-Pope
Mr-Pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 11:28 AM Reply

Keegan appointed Toon manager.

Mental.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 1/16/08 11:28 AM, Mr-Pope wrote: Keegan appointed Toon manager.

Mental.

It could have been worse... They were chanting for Shearer at the Man United game.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Mr-Pope
Mr-Pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 11:39 AM Reply

At 1/16/08 11:28 AM, Mr-Pope wrote: Keegan appointed Toon manager.

Mental.

It could work, like, but I doubt it. Probably just sour his legend.

Would have preferred Hughes, or even Deschamps.

Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 05:36 PM Reply

Fucking Lucas Neill...greedy cunt.

The incredible £55,000 a week he already earns is apparently not good enough for him, despite him playing utter shite. It's just like in January where he proclaimed his childhood love of Liverpool, only to reject their offer for the sake of more money.

He's no Red to me.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 07:58 PM Reply

At 1/15/08 12:15 PM, TheRoyalEnglishman wrote:
At 1/13/08 10:38 PM, ViperMask wrote: Fenerbahçe and CSKA is I learned from The Real Football Factories International.
What's that then?

Like I said, it's the most honourable things I've seen in hooliganism.
That's pretty disturbing.

So you're calling people who train to go and beat people up at football matches 'honourable'.

Stuck in the 70s, somewhat?

No. I'm just saying if you're into the hooliganism thing then that's the way to do it. They use no weapons and equal numbers. It's weird if you see a video of youtube on it. They beat you up then help you up and pat you on the back and leave...It's like...sportsmanship or something.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 1/15/08 12:01 PM, cookie-monsta1 wrote:
At 1/15/08 11:47 AM, ViperMask wrote: Oh and I hate Glenn Hoddle
Why?

Because he nearly ruined Wolves. He's an asshole and way over his head when it comes to tactics, and he talks a lot of shit.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 16th, 2008 @ 08:08 PM Reply

Transfer Rumors Link are down below....They're updated in real time.
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=
Transfer+News+%26+Rumours

And Manchester City looking at Lukas Podolski. Will be a great signing for them if they do.

Podolski

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 17th, 2008 @ 08:47 PM Reply

Of course we get a ridiculous Chelsea rumor.

Drogba for Kaka or Messi

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 18th, 2008 @ 02:10 PM Reply

At 1/13/08 12:59 PM, ViperMask wrote: No pink wolf lol. I prefer the 18 shirt though if you can. Please. I like to play in the midfield but I have no problem in the back as well.

Alright Wolf Molesterer, its not a simple task changing the squad number when you gotta re-arrange all the reserve numbers.

¦

West bromach have a huge Goal difference, Bristol City's problem is that we don't score enough goals.
Our former main strikker 'Stevey Brooker' has been in injurys since last season ages ago.
He'll hopefully fill in the gaps, Bristol City at the momment arn't at there best & we're second, when our number 9 is in his place we can go no-where else but up.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 18th, 2008 @ 06:06 PM Reply

At 1/18/08 02:10 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Alright Wolf Molesterer, its not a simple task changing the squad number when you gotta re-arrange all the reserve numbers.

West bromach have a huge Goal difference, Bristol City's problem is that we don't score enough goals.
Our former main strikker 'Stevey Brooker' has been in injurys since last season ages ago.
He'll hopefully fill in the gaps, Bristol City at the momment arn't at there best & we're second, when our number 9 is in his place we can go no-where else but up.

Thanks mate. And just a question. How is Michael McIndoe working out for you? And for a good striker, I recommend Iain Hume if Bristol can afford him...Good old Canadian boy.

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 18th, 2008 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 1/18/08 06:06 PM, ViperMask wrote: Thanks mate. And just a question. How is Michael McIndoe working out for you? And for a good striker, I recommend Iain Hume if Bristol can afford him...Good old Canadian boy.

Oarr?
& whats Canadian soccer like then?

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 18th, 2008 @ 06:48 PM Reply

How to describe Canadian soccer.....uhhhhh European wannabes. :P lol.

Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 04:48 AM Reply

At 1/18/08 06:09 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: & whats Canadian soccer like then?

Football...and they got beaten into the World Cup by Trinidad & Tobago.

I think they're getting keener on it though, more so than in the US. I was in this desert town in B.C. in the summer, and there was a 'soccer competition' raffle thing to raise money for a Sunday League mini team. I think one of the prizes was a chance to see David Beckham play in Toronto for the Galaxy, which I think he was injured for haha.

redroy99
redroy99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 08:28 AM Reply

oh cool can i plz join? i would liked if i can i'm good with flash and music

Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc

the chosen one
>?<?::> Pwned?

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 10:40 AM Reply

At 1/19/08 04:48 AM, TheRoyalEnglishman wrote:
At 1/18/08 06:09 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
I think they're getting keener on it though, more so than in the US. I was in this desert town in B.C. in the summer, and there was a 'soccer competition' raffle thing to raise money for a Sunday League mini team. I think one of the prizes was a chance to see David Beckham play in Toronto for the Galaxy, which I think he was injured for haha.

That was the impression I got as well, although it should be said that football isn't unpopular in the USA, it is just seen a womens sport rather than a mens sport. I was actually amazed by how many football pitches there were in Denver- every park had at least a couple, and there is a massive hispanic population that are football crazy.

I guess the obvious problem with Canadian football is the popularity of other sports, mainly ice hockey, which would take a lot of their best potential stars. There is also the climate problem- it is just too cold for a lot of the year to play in most of Canada (I'd guess, what with never having been there).

At 1/19/08 08:28 AM, redroy99 wrote: oh cool can i plz join? i would liked if i can i'm good with flash and music

Not my place to give a definitive answer, but a few points:
1) Stop with the picture spamming- make a sig (in your account options) rather than putting a random picture at the bottom of every post. If you don't know how to make one visit The Newgrounds Sig Makers
2) Improve your grammar skills, it goes a long way around here
3) You have no flash or music...
4) Flash and music would be of absolutely no use in a thread about football...

I actually predicted a Derby win today, last night while chatting with my girlfriend- after predicting Man Utd beating Newcastle 6-0 last week I could be on a good run =D.

As I post this Pompey equalise...

Plymouth are losing... at home... against Southampton :S I can't say I am surprised, I predicted a 2-0 loss, and this season will be a struggle against relegation from now on :(. The days of being 4th (just a couple of months ago) seem a long way back now.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 12:30 PM Reply

At 1/19/08 10:40 AM, Sentio wrote:
I actually predicted a Derby win today, last night while chatting with my girlfriend- after predicting Man Utd beating Newcastle 6-0 last week I could be on a good run =D.

As I post this Pompey equalise...

So much for that, my days as a fortune teller end before they begin =(. Remind me in future when betting on a Derby win... Derby suck... Derby never win... never ever bet for them to win, even against half a Pompey side that were stuffed by Sunderland last week, and can't ever score at home (or not)

Plymouth are losing... at home... against Southampton :S I can't say I am surprised, I predicted a 2-0 loss, and this season will be a struggle against relegation from now on :(. The days of being 4th (just a couple of months ago) seem a long way back now.

Another fluffed prediction, but I'm not going to complain about that any time soon. 11 more draws and the Argyle might not get relegated... (oh the optimism!). Honestly, so long as Leicester are below us I'm happy though =D.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 1/19/08 08:28 AM, redroy99 wrote: oh cool can i plz join? i would liked if i can i'm good with flash and music

Well, I'll let just anybody join.
So I'll leave this for Sentio to decide.

¦

Dam, City lost 0-2 away at Crystal Palace.
I was with the rest of the fans pushing through into the block that was guarded by Police.
2 Coppers lost there hats, I got elbowed in the eye because there was sudden pulses of people being knocked together in this narrow concrete pass, the kid had his arm up because he was on the phone. My nan almost got knocked over & my grandad threatend the kids then where pushing, He threatend the people infornt of the Police too.

I think we dropped to 3rd for now.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 07:23 PM Reply

Canada is very multi-cultural. Hence why the huge interest in football over the years.

Canada has Brits, Scots, Welsh, Irish, Italians, Croatians, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Germans, French, Spanish, and a whole load of others.

The Canadians also enjoy whatever league they can usually get. At the moment in this area, the most watched league is the only two we can get. The Italian Serie A and the English Premiership. Oh and Champions League of course

They respect the beautiful game, they love the beautiful game. And it's why Toronto FC is so popular. Along with their club motto "All For One." Which can be a reflection on Toronto's multiculturalism.

Speaking of Toronto FC...First goal scored ever shown here...

He used to be shite! But now he's alright! Walking in a Dichio Wonderland!

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 1/19/08 04:42 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
Well, I'll let just anybody join.
So I'll leave this for Sentio to decide.

Ha, well taking a leaf out of your book then, as I don't really have any authority around here and it is your club, I'll go with a compromise. If redroy99 posts again, taking into account the points I mentioned above (ie no picture spam and at least some relevance to football) then he is fine to join by me.

In fact that would be a decent policy all round- membership approval when someone has posted a second time, and with relevance to the topic rather than just an 'I want to join' post. I believe the WWE crew operates a similar policy and it works quite well- gets rid of the damn C&C spammers that try and join everything and then never post again.

At 1/19/08 07:23 PM, ViperMask wrote:
The Canadians also enjoy whatever league they can usually get. At the moment in this area, the most watched league is the only two we can get. The Italian Serie A and the English Premiership. Oh and Champions League of course

It saddens me that a lot of other countries get more Premiership footage than we get (assuming you don't pay extortionate amounts for Sky)- there were matches shown in the USA on my crappy TV that could only pick up 5 channels!

Speaking of Toronto FC...First goal scored ever shown here...

He used to be shite! But now he's alright! Walking in a Dichio Wonderland!

Nice, how are Toronto doing now? I didn't follow the MLS while I was in the states, it could never compare to the Premiership so I became an ice hockey and NFL fan instead. Are there a lot of former Premiership players floating around, after all there must be plenty of money there. I know Juan Pablo Angel plays for one side, and obviously Beckham.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 19th, 2008 @ 09:02 PM Reply

Actually Sentata Sports, a specialty cable or satellite only station that expanded to Canada got most of the goddamned matches. So we have like special order and pay extra to get them, like Sky Sports.

Before that Rogers Sportsnet covered the Premiership. The preview show, then two matches on Saturday. Now they only do their own preview show and not the EPL one. :( And one match.

The Score picked up the rights two season ago to show some matches, they lost it then they got it back. They show the Sunday matches and their "Sportsworld" program became "The Footy Show". Shown on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday only. Both channels are speciality channels but I got them for free cause of a leaked cable signal (which the cable company can't fix. So they don't care.)

TLN (another Canadian specialty channel) shows Serie A matches on Sunday. But I can't get into Serie A. Too damn slow for my tastes. Although if Napoli plays I'll try to watch it.

And MLS is only like...April to the Fall. Toronto didn't do bad, out of a play off spot (MLS follows American style Best of 7 Play Offs.) Having trouble scoring goals and defending. Then again this was their first season. They still have a huge following and rowdy fans hehe.

Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM Reply

At 1/19/08 10:40 AM, Sentio wrote: That was the impression I got as well, although it should be said that football isn't unpopular in the USA, it is just seen a womens sport rather than a mens sport. I was actually amazed by how many football pitches there were in Denver- every park had at least a couple, and there is a massive hispanic population that are football crazy.

Oh yeah, I saw the Galaxy-Chivas game on TV, and Chivas are basically a Mexican club. Even though they're based in Los Angeles.

On a kind of related note, I was in Vancouver. In Canada, no one's even heard of cricket, but if you went to the green on Vancouver Island, there would be all these Indians and Pakistanis playing it.

There is also the climate problem- it is just too cold for a lot of the year to play in most of Canada (I'd guess, what with never having been there).

Well, 90% of the population does live pretty close to the US border, and they could play football all year round in the southern coastal areas. I suppose it would get very cold around the middle, due to being so far away from the sea.

At 1/19/08 07:23 PM, ViperMask wrote: He used to be shite! But now he's alright! Walking in a Dichio Wonderland!

Danny Dichio used to play in the Prem. I think he played for Sunderland.

At 1/19/08 08:47 PM, Sentio wrote: Nice, how are Toronto doing now? I didn't follow the MLS while I was in the states, it could never compare to the Premiership so I became an ice hockey and NFL fan instead. Are there a lot of former Premiership players floating around, after all there must be plenty of money there. I know Juan Pablo Angel plays for one side, and obviously Beckham.

Yeah, I think there's quite a few out there. There was an article about them in the paper a few months ago. I can't remember their names though.

At 1/19/08 09:02 PM, ViperMask wrote: The Score picked up the rights two season ago to show some matches, they lost it then they got it back. They show the Sunday matches and their "Sportsworld" program became "The Footy Show". Shown on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday only. Both channels are speciality channels but I got them for free cause of a leaked cable signal (which the cable company can't fix. So they don't care.)

I saw the Footie Show. Aren't all of their pundits English while the Canadian presenter just twitters on about the fixture list?

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 05:38 AM Reply

Yeah. Dichio played for Sunderland and Albion.

And the Canadian talks about fixtures. The presenters are mostly English. Paul Budd isin't I think.

Plus former Man U player Neil Webb does some correspondant stuff.

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 20th, 2008 @ 07:21 AM Reply

At 1/19/08 08:47 PM, Sentio wrote:

WellI asked him to post some more info on PM but he hasen't posted yet, Luckely everyone else that is added still talks.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 21st, 2008 @ 02:48 PM Reply

Well although Bristol City lost to Crystal Palace, I sure hope Fullham fucking pumle Rovers in the FA-Cup!

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 21st, 2008 @ 05:53 PM Reply

I think it's time that the Kop stopped only focusing on the disaster of the backroom and started looking at the tragedy on the pitch.

We're a cup team. We haven't challenged for the title in god knows how many years. We win trophies because Rafa is a motivator and the players are passionate about the big events. But they're lacklustre, and I hate to say it. We've got three or four players who could break into Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United. We keep on wasting our money on complete rubbish.

Now I was pretty happy with this season's haul. Babel has shown promise when he has played; Benayoun also. But the spine of the team has been dreadful. I'm not sure about Skrtel yet, but we really need some class in the centre of midfield and a skilful partner for Torres.

I don't want to be hypocritical, and I'm not saying that this should happen right away, but surely I'm not the only Liverpool fan who's getting exasperated about Rafa? I'll be delighted if we win the Champions' League and pleased if we get the FA Cup, but one day, people will ask, 'how have we progressed?'. I and other Liverpool fans really want the Premier League, that's the big one. By the end of the next season, I think we'll know if Rafa is capable of delivering it.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 21st, 2008 @ 06:07 PM Reply

RoyalEnglishMan: If Rafa leaves, who would you have as manager? And seriously, you guys want the Premier League over the Champions League??

AjL020
AjL020
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 21st, 2008 @ 09:29 PM Reply

BARCELONA FC OWNS THE WORLD

AjL020
AjL020
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 21st, 2008 @ 09:36 PM Reply

Players: Victor Valdes Arribas , Gabriel Alejandro Milito Rafael Márquez Álvarez Carles Puyol Saforcada Xavier Hernandez Creus Eidur Smari Gudjohnsen Andrés Iniesta Lujan Samuel Eto´o Fils Ronaldo de Assis Moreira Gianluca Zambrotta José Manuel Pinto Colorado Thierry Henry José Gomes Edmílson Moraes Silvio Mendes Campos, Sylvinho Giovani Dos Santos Ramírez Santiago Ezquerro Marín Lionel Andrés Messi Anderson Luis de Souza, Deco Lilian Thuram Éric Abidal Oleguer Presas Renom Touré Yaya Albert Jorquera Fortia Bojan Krkic Pérez....One awesome team...Personal Faves: Ronaldinho, Valdes, and Henry( bolded, i think)

Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Football Club - Ngfc Jan. 22nd, 2008 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 1/21/08 06:07 PM, ViperMask wrote: RoyalEnglishMan: If Rafa leaves, who would you have as manager? And seriously, you guys want the Premier League over the Champions League??

If Rafa was to go...I'm not sure. Mourinho is still out there somewhere, but there is always someone good on the market.

And yes...we won the Champions' League in 2005, got to the final in 2007. We haven't won the League since before I was born. It's an embarrassment. Even Blackburn have won it more recently than us.