• 378 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 17th, 2009 @ 04:06 PM Reply

That's weird, I'd never seen this club before. Also pretty ironic that I have Nottingham Lace playing right now and I just found out about this club.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature
Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 17th, 2009 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 7/17/09 04:06 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: That's weird, I'd never seen this club before. Also pretty ironic that I have Nottingham Lace playing right now and I just found out about this club.

Have you guys heard Big B's Michael Jackson tribute? It's amazing! It's on YouTube

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 17th, 2009 @ 09:33 PM Reply

At 7/17/09 08:09 PM, Frenzy wrote:
At 7/17/09 04:06 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: That's weird, I'd never seen this club before. Also pretty ironic that I have Nottingham Lace playing right now and I just found out about this club.
Have you guys heard Big B's Michael Jackson tribute? It's amazing! It's on YouTube

I've heard about it, haven't actually given it a listen yet. I will right now, though.

BBS Signature
Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 17th, 2009 @ 10:04 PM Reply

At 7/17/09 09:33 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: I've heard about it, haven't actually given it a listen yet. I will right now, though.

I'm listening to it right now. :D

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 17th, 2009 @ 10:12 PM Reply

At 7/17/09 10:04 PM, Frenzy wrote:
At 7/17/09 09:33 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: I've heard about it, haven't actually given it a listen yet. I will right now, though.
I'm listening to it right now. :D

I listened to it like four times in a row haha. The ending is amazing.

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 18th, 2009 @ 08:17 AM Reply

At 7/17/09 08:09 PM, Frenzy wrote:

It comes on if you go to buckets website too.

Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 18th, 2009 @ 08:20 AM Reply

I love the ending too, I wish it went on for longer.

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 18th, 2009 @ 12:07 PM Reply

Someone left this comment on youtube, and I think it sums up the video perfectly:

"I got this description from someone else, but I think it sums up the video pretty well.%uFEFF The beginning of the song is slow, which represents Michael's childhood. It then becomes faster and more complex to show how rapidly his fame was increasing. It slows down again to illustrate recent years when Michael's fame essentially slowed down again amidst the trials and fewer album releases. The last of the song represents the present, when he announced his comeback, and stops abrubtly at his death."

BBS Signature
Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 18th, 2009 @ 09:16 PM Reply

At 7/18/09 12:07 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Someone left this comment on youtube, and I think it sums up the video perfectly:

Wow, that's great. I read on Buckethead Dot TK that the last note holding sounding sounded like his heart stopping.

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 19th, 2009 @ 03:57 AM Reply

At 7/18/09 09:16 PM, Frenzy wrote:
At 7/18/09 12:07 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Someone left this comment on youtube, and I think it sums up the video perfectly:
Wow, that's great. I read on Buckethead Dot TK that the last note holding sounding sounded like his heart stopping.

I didn't know the Bucket was a fan of Micheal Jackson. Surprising. I will look that up sometime.

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 19th, 2009 @ 11:14 AM Reply

Yeah, he was. There's videos of him dancing around to MJ's songs with his mask on and such, pretty funny.

And did you guys know that there's actual a very political message behind his KFC bucket with the FUNERAL bumper sticker on it? He's trying to speak out against the brutality against chickens in fast food restaurants around the world. Listen to the voiceovers in this song, it explains it a little bit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6abCxESbZ nQ

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 19th, 2009 @ 08:28 PM Reply

At 7/19/09 11:14 AM, ToastedCupcake wrote: And did you guys know that there's actual a very political message behind his KFC bucket with the FUNERAL bumper sticker on it? He's trying to speak out against the brutality against chickens in fast food restaurants around the world.

This is true. Most people are bewildered and appaled at the sight of the bucket on his head, but it's not like he randomly decided to put it on one day for show. He was born in a coop and raised in a cage, he knows what it's like for chickens everywhere that are slaughtered mercilessly. But damn, do they taste good.

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 19th, 2009 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 7/19/09 08:28 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Most people are bewildered and appaled at the sight of the bucket on his head, but it's not like he randomly decided to put it on one day for show.

I think the bucket/mask combinations looks pretty awesome honestly, but maybe that's just me.

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 19th, 2009 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 7/19/09 09:14 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote:
At 7/19/09 08:28 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Most people are bewildered and appaled at the sight of the bucket on his head, but it's not like he randomly decided to put it on one day for show.
I think the bucket/mask combinations looks pretty awesome honestly, but maybe that's just me.

I never said I didn't like it, I couldn't imagine him any other way. The mask and bucket go together perfectly. I'm just saying that his wardrobe has a silent but deep meaning

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 19th, 2009 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 7/19/09 09:20 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: I never said I didn't like it, I couldn't imagine him any other way. The mask and bucket go together perfectly. I'm just saying that his wardrobe has a silent but deep meaning.

Oh I know, I wasn't disagreeing or anything. Just tossing in my two cents is all. He's honestly a pretty inspirational person, he dedicates nearly all of his music to his parents or some other family member. Like 'Soothsayer' and 'Aunt Suzie' are both dedicated to his Aunt Suzie, who passed away. She gave him his first guitar.

Then there's songs like 'For Mom' and 'Watching The Boats With My Dad,' he truly is a deep person.

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 19th, 2009 @ 11:44 PM Reply

At 7/19/09 11:01 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Oh I know, I wasn't disagreeing or anything. Just tossing in my two cents is all. He's honestly a pretty inspirational person, he dedicates nearly all of his music to his parents or some other family member. Like 'Soothsayer' and 'Aunt Suzie' are both dedicated to his Aunt Suzie, who passed away. She gave him his first guitar.

Then there's songs like 'For Mom' and 'Watching The Boats With My Dad,' he truly is a deep person.

I agree. Even though some of his playing is mechanical and shred worthy (which is not bad at all), I love his mellow, emotional albums like Electric Tears and Colma when he pours his soul into every note. If you listened to say Nun Chun Kata and then Witches on the Heath the difference is astounding, but he still has his signature style of playing and sound.

JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 21st, 2009 @ 09:41 AM Reply

Just bought Peppers Ghost and Inbred Mountain mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh

JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 08:01 AM Reply

Have any of you heard the INSANE bass drumming in some of his songs? Go to 2:26 in this video, how is that even possible?!

scarneck
scarneck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 08:20 AM Reply

Wow im suprised to find this on newgrounds. Dont suppose anyone here saw him at High Sierra music festival in 2008? It was a great show, even though he was 30 mins late

Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 11:27 AM Reply

At 7/25/09 08:01 AM, JaY11 wrote: Have any of you heard the INSANE bass drumming in some of his songs? Go to 2:26 in this video, how is that even possible?!

It's programmed, I think.

JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 02:08 PM Reply

At 7/25/09 11:27 AM, Frenzy wrote:
At 7/25/09 08:01 AM, JaY11 wrote: Have any of you heard the INSANE bass drumming in some of his songs? Go to 2:26 in this video, how is that even possible?!
It's programmed, I think.

Yeah I looked inside the case of Real diamond in the rough and it said something abut programmed drumming and a few songs had drumming by brain (awesome drummer btw).

Funny cause sometimes I would listen to a bucket song and be like, man, that drummer must have cyborg feet.

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 7/25/09 02:08 PM, JaY11 wrote: Yeah I looked inside the case of Real diamond in the rough and it said something abut programmed drumming and a few songs had drumming by brain (awesome drummer btw).

Yeah Bucket always has a good drummer to play for him for some reason.

Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 09:36 AM Reply

Brain drummed on CCOH album, I know that.

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Aug. 14th, 2009 @ 02:25 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnWdG58W1 J8

When the riff starts in that song at around 12 seconds, it sounds like something STRAIGHT out of a Megaman game, I swear.

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Aug. 15th, 2009 @ 03:26 AM Reply

At 8/14/09 02:25 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnWdG58W1 J8

When the riff starts in that song at around 12 seconds, it sounds like something STRAIGHT out of a Megaman game, I swear.

Haha good song, although I never thought that myself. Buckethead does have some frantic and mechanical shredding that sounds like something out of a retro video game. He could do a game soundtrack, I swear.

Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Aug. 16th, 2009 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 8/14/09 02:25 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnWdG58W1 J8

That song is great. :D

JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Aug. 25th, 2009 @ 09:27 AM Reply

At 8/25/09 06:39 AM, JaY11 wrote: Last 20 seconds = epic

It's a cool song.

The drums in it are really good. Kind of simple yet so perfect and catchy. I know the boners should come from Buckethead's guitar playing but I was enjoy his drum beats too. Especially on Colma. They definately deserve more of a mention.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Aug. 25th, 2009 @ 10:55 AM Reply

Ordered a Buckethead shirt from eBay, should be here any day now.

JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club Aug. 25th, 2009 @ 08:48 PM Reply

Nice, what does it look like?