00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

EASY guitar song

1,862 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

EASY guitar song 2007-10-02 14:46:05

i just got an electric guitar today and i also got a Line 6 Gear box that i am using with my computer insted of an amp.

dose any one have a web site that teaches realy easy / gimicy songs that can be played on 1 string like smoke on hte water and iron maden? ( i learnd those already :D)
i donno i just wanna learn a easy song with out paying 300 bucks a month for lessons....

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to EASY guitar song 2007-10-02 16:05:31

Just play around with the sounds and make something original.
I tried messing around with my guitar and ended up playing the james bond theme song by ear.
Who would have known?
It was a bass liner though, nothing fancy.
Still try finding notes that sound good together, then turn it into a riff or something.
This goes for almost any instrument.

Sincerely,

Bandwith

Response to EASY guitar song 2007-10-02 17:16:02

Learn how to gallop, then learn spirit crusher, Best electirc guitaring.
Enjoy.

There is a fine line between hobby and obsession.

BBS Signature

Response to EASY guitar song 2007-10-02 18:03:02

wth is a gallop? p.s if any one is interested ben edwerds.com has free email guitar lessons, but you have to wait a week to start :(

I Stopped A Rape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to EASY guitar song 2007-10-02 21:05:34

A gallop is just two 16th notes followed by an 8th note, or you could also do an 8th note with two 16th notes after. It'll give you a sound somewhat similar to a horse galloping.

As for websites, I remember liking WholeNote quite a bit. I'd also recommend checking out Chord House for your scale and chord needs. Oh, and Cyberfret will teach you various techniques, and I believe they still have video demonstrations for them.

Response to EASY guitar song 2007-10-02 21:10:37

When I bought my first guitar, I played Children of Bodom, I say that, actually, I played all of their albums without messing up on the first try. Thats what I would do if I were you. I contribute to discussions in helpfull ways.

Yeah, you should just mess around with it, learn a couple of chords, come up with 4 that you like, learn to play them and then find the key and learn the scale they're in, and then just stick with that forever. (joke about forever) Then, anytime you need to get somthing out of your head, you can switch it into your key and figure it out a lot easier than knowing a shit ton of scales and transpositions.

Response to EASY guitar song 2007-10-02 21:26:05

awsom stuff guys! thanks

I Stopped A Rape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to EASY guitar song 2007-10-06 18:13:15

try seven nation army and if you know chords, anything by acdc

BBS Signature

Response to EASY guitar song 2007-10-06 23:13:08

First, make sure you can play those songs in perfect time and without mistakes. Make sure you're not rushing them. After that, try little dreamer by Van Halen, back in black or tnt by acdc, and finally, learn anything paul mccartney. Those songs will please any crowd. Especially blackbird (finger picking).

BBS Signature

Response to EASY guitar song 2007-10-07 01:46:05

Learn anything from Blink 182

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature