TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:02 PM Reply

A lot of little odds and ends came together this week.

1) The user review pages are finally back! For an example, you can read the reviews Krinkels wrote in response to some of the Madness Day submissions. Alternatively, you can choose to only read reviews with responses.

2) The rankings section is finally fixed, so all those links in the dropdown menu work! This fixed some bad links in the FAQ, as well.

3) Audio artists can now edit their submissions -OR- remove them completely! This only applies to submissions that have not been used in a Flash and have less than 3,000 listens.

One by one, the leftovers from the redesign launch are falling into place!

If you only watch two movies this weekend, they should be Tankmen 2 and Cuboy 2. You should watch a lot more than two movies, though. We have a new collection of Songs to Wear Pants To music videos! You may have already seen The Touchtone Genius, now check out the rest!

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:03 PM Reply

Awesome ;D

Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:04 PM Reply

At 9/28/07 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote: A lot of little odds and ends came together this week.

1) The user review pages are finally back! For an example, you can read the reviews Krinkels wrote in response to some of the Madness Day submissions. Alternatively, you can choose to only read reviews with responses.

I was most pleased to see this out of everything. Thanks Tom ^_______^

ok

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 9/28/07 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1) The user review pages are finally back! For an example, you can read the reviews Krinkels wrote in response to some of the Madness Day submissions. Alternatively, you can choose to only read reviews with responses.

Awesome! I'm really happy that the user review pages are back! :D

2) The rankings section is finally fixed, so all those links in the dropdown menu work! This fixed some bad links in the FAQ, as well.

Ah, that's also great, although for the B/P rankings, I preferred it when it was the two combined rather than blams and saves separate. Hmm, I wonder what will be the next thing to be fixed?

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 9/28/07 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote: 3) Audio artists can now edit their submissions -OR- remove them completely! This only applies to submissions that have not been used in a Flash and have less than 3,000 listens.

Hell to the yeah

I'd really really really like to be able to delete an older, intensely crappy song from back in then that was unfortunately used in a flash---

oh and if you noticed a hughe dump of used space, that might have been me deleting over half of my old crapz
heh
Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:07 PM Reply

Awesome, Tom, thanks for the delete function, at long last.
So when's the voting system getting fixed, ehehe.

3000 listens..someone could just hit F5 over and over on ParagonX9's work if he wanted to delete it, but he couldn't. Or any other artist.

Koeberto190
Koeberto190
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 9/28/07 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote:
3) Audio artists can now edit their submissions -OR- remove them completely! This only applies to submissions that have not been used in a Flash and have less than 3,000 listens.

Ohhh! That's why I couldn't edit one of my songs, it's used in a submission!

Also, cocks.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician

At 9/28/07 04:02 PM, TomFulp wrote: 2) The rankings section is finally fixed, so all those links in the dropdown menu work! This fixed some bad links in the FAQ, as well.

Oh and one more thing- audio artist bookmarks top 50 would be the shite

killa-noyz
killa-noyz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate

Hoooraay!I was always curious about the rankings. ;)

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:08 PM Reply

Ace, I've been wanting to delete my embarrassingly poor audio for a while now. Fuck knows what I was thinking when I submitted it.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
absent
absent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:08 PM Reply

I notice an error on the rankings page for latest signups: it says "NG Home > Top Sticker Orders" instead of "Latest Deposits" or whatever. It says that for the bookmarks and ratings pages too.

And are you planning on bringing back the combined b/p rank list by any chance? Or will it stay separate? Nice work on getting the reviews fixed though, that's a well awaited addition.

BBS Signature
KillerCRS
KillerCRS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:09 PM Reply

I CAN FINALLY READ MY REVIEWS :D

"Spurdo Spärde Sprololo"
—Pope Benedict XVI

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:10 PM Reply

Good job tying up them "loose ends". Pat on the back to the NG staff!!!

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Db9
Db9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:13 PM Reply

Nice, keep up the good work, Tom, Wade,Tim ect...

Ovenman
Ovenman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:14 PM Reply

Thats brilliant!
YAY! It's gonna be so easy to gat me a new whistle!

=============Spam thread=============
===============NG police=============
============Some house rules==========

BBS Signature
SimMa-T
SimMa-T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:14 PM Reply

finally i was wondering what was up!

TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:16 PM Reply

I'm starting to like the new redesign.

Wonchop
Wonchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:17 PM Reply

Saw the STWPT collection the other day. Pretty neat.

ZeroGravity
ZeroGravity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:21 PM Reply

YES!!! Thanks, Tom.

leroyboy
leroyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:22 PM Reply

yeeah cool

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
KyleDaFox
KyleDaFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Thank god, I've been dying to read my reviews, awesome job finishnng it, thanks.

Check out my newest News Post!
Anyone need an artist or coder for a game? Drop me a PM!

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:27 PM Reply

Good stuff Tom. Like the Rankings section.

Sonucais
Sonucais
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Programmer
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:28 PM Reply

Hooray! Improving Newgrounds!

fuzz
fuzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:29 PM Reply

First post?!

Paradox
Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:29 PM Reply

Ah, thanks, now I can check for responses to the reviews I've made the past few months. Awesome work. Hopefully the userpage block list will be up soon, there are a few users who I pretty much added without thinking, and could do with unblocking them.

But seriously, awesome. The redesign is a few steps from absolute completion.

iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:30 PM Reply

Oh, well i just look like a cunt then.. >=(

BBS Signature
pHuXxXB0xX
pHuXxXB0xX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:35 PM Reply

what about flagged reviews?

(\__/)
(o .o)
(")_(") start a trend - list what song you're listening to when you post. Ha Ha Ha! Attention whoring.

BBS Signature
UberKuri
UberKuri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:36 PM Reply

Sounds good.

BBS Signature
antsman
antsman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to User Reviews, Audio Tools, Rankings Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Thanks Tom!