Be a Supporter!

Who won the ww2?

  • 6,290 Views
  • 155 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
viper-xeon
viper-xeon
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 07:08 PM Reply

well for one the nazis gave up on the 8 of may 1945, by then majority of the war was over in europe, for that the war was all ready comming to a close so there isin't much point in saying what you said due to majority of the war was over.


hey there, like mah sig?
this is the most pwnage site EVER.

BBS Signature
viper-xeon
viper-xeon
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 07:18 PM Reply

and another thing, a majority of the asian front in world war 2 was over thanks to the untited front of american and australia and england. NOT JUST AMERICA, stupid people go read a history book


hey there, like mah sig?
this is the most pwnage site EVER.

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 9/28/07 07:18 PM, viper-xeon wrote: and another thing, a majority of the asian front in world war 2 was over thanks to the untited front of american and australia and england. NOT JUST AMERICA, stupid people go read a history book

Both the Australians and the British did approximately jackshit comapred to the US. Australia was PROTECTED by the US, while the Australians had almost ZERO offensive operations. Only British colonial conscripts did any real direct fighting against the Japanese as well.

Just because Australian and British forces EXISTED in the Pacific war, doesn't mean they can be credited for its victory, especially considering how little they really did in comparison to the US in bringing about victory against the Japanese.


Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
Cuppa-LettuceNog
Cuppa-LettuceNog
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 28th, 2007 @ 10:49 PM Reply

The Allies, ok people? The fucking allies won. End of thread.

Jesus R. Christ.

Hahahahahaha, LiveCorpse is dead. Good Riddance.

Luxury-Yacht
Luxury-Yacht
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Movie Buff
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 12:01 AM Reply

No one country wins in a WORLD WAR, jackass. It's a collaborative effort.


i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i
oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature
C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Writer
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 02:00 PM Reply

Hammer & Sickle at the Reichstag (Berlin). Owned.

Who won the ww2?


Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 9/25/07 08:51 PM, SolInvictus wrote:
#1; never, under any circumstances, enter a conflict against Russia.
#2; never attack Russia during the winter.
#3; never attack Russia if there is the possibility you will be fighting until winter comes.

#4; never, under any circumstances, try to invade Russia with a summer uniform in the same date Napoleon picked to invade.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 10:33 PM, LordJaric wrote: Dude the russians were not the only fucken country fighting in the war. Each country contributed to the war, so with that said it was the Allies that won the war. Besides the war ended with the droping of atomic bombs (from the USA) on Japan (I would of perfered to end it in some other means).

I agree with this guy, you can't just one country won and just one country lost, lots of countries won, lots lost and lots had a bitter sweet end.


Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Slick-Rob
Slick-Rob
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 9/25/07 10:26 AM, 2wiceBorn wrote:
At 9/24/07 10:39 PM, altanese-mistress wrote:
That's because Russia's troops were poorly trained, ill equipped and had every decision they made watched over by a Communist party member who had no knowledge of military matters. Just because more people died, doesn't mean it was more significant than the Western front. Hitler could have easily taken Russia if the U.S hadn't given it loads of gear.

Now that's NOT true... I'm a proud American who says America contributed to the war, but Hitler lost (just like Napolen) the second his troops stepped foot in Russia. NEVER INVADE RUSSIA, COMRADE! YOU WILL FREEZE YOUR ASS OFF ON THE WAY BACK!


BBS Signature
Slick-Rob
Slick-Rob
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 9/28/07 08:47 PM, cellardoor6 wrote:
At 9/28/07 07:18 PM, viper-xeon wrote:
Just because Australian and British forces EXISTED in the Pacific war, doesn't mean they can be credited for its victory, especially considering how little they really did in comparison to the US in bringing about victory against the Japanese.

Yeah, I mean come on people! Who dropped the fuckin' bomb anyways?! THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, BITCHES!


BBS Signature
TheSovereign
TheSovereign
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 10:54 PM, cellardoor6 wrote:
At 9/24/07 10:28 PM, Snicp wrote: but the stupidest thing is that canadians saying that they did it
Yeah that's pretty stupid.

Well Canada doesn't have as much over patriotic morons who get a hard-on over their own flag. So were not going to say;"We won WW2" or "We sent more troops, therefor our country is better.". Sure, I'll admit the US with their powerful economic machine were able to supply their seemingly infinite number of troops but they were also able to help their allies. Of coarse US assistance was a major factor, with-out it, things could have turned out a lot worse. But no, you have so say;"canerduh sux, dey didnt d0 anything, lol!!111".

Give this a read, though chances are you'll dismiss it as the work of evil leftists or something stupid like that, I may as well give it a shot. However, in the end, it doesn't really matter? Do the Italians boast the fact that their ancient ancestors ruled most of their known world? No. We are free, and that is all that matters.


BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 9/29/07 08:56 PM, Slick-Rob wrote:
At 9/28/07 08:47 PM, cellardoor6 wrote:
At 9/28/07 07:18 PM, viper-xeon wrote:
Just because Australian and British forces EXISTED in the Pacific war, doesn't mean they can be credited for its victory, especially considering how little they really did in comparison to the US in bringing about victory against the Japanese.
Yeah, I mean come on people! Who dropped the fuckin' bomb anyways?! THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, BITCHES!

Who also almost single-handedly destroyed Japan's Army, Air Force, and Navy before the bombs were even dropped? Who almost single-handedly dislodged Japan's grip on the Pacific before the nuclear bomb was even done being developed?

The US.

What the bombs did was allow the US to avoid invading the Japanese mainland, which would have resulted in FAR more civilian casualties than occurred in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Before then, the Japanese were already defeated both tactically and strategically, they just hadn't surrendered yet due to the control of their generals who were psychotic, delusional fanatics who would have armed all their women and children with swords to defend Japan if they could.


Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 9/29/07 09:05 PM, TheSovereign wrote:
At 9/24/07 10:54 PM, cellardoor6 wrote:
At 9/24/07 10:28 PM, Snicp wrote: but the stupidest thing is that canadians saying that they did it
Yeah that's pretty stupid.
Well Canada doesn't have as much over patriotic morons who get a hard-on over their own flag.

Um actually Canada does, that's a fucking LAUGH that you'd suggest otherwise. The difference is, Canadian pride consists entirely of making up lies in comparisons with the US, US pride is based on upon facts about the US in context of the entire world.

So were not going to say;"We won WW2" or "We sent more troops, therefor our country is better.".

Actually Canadians ALWAYS say that they entered the war first, and that they saved the day. Which is entirely ridiculous. Canada entered earlier because they were and still are part of the British commonwealth and were forced to by obligation. Even then the Canadians and British got their asses kicked left and right before the US entered. The British and Canadians had absolutely no hope of reclaiming Europe, they couldn't even ENTER mainland Europe and their attempts to were total, pathetic failures.

Sure, I'll admit the US with their powerful economic machine were able to supply their seemingly infinite number of troops but they were also able to help their allies. Of coarse US assistance was a major factor, with-out it, things could have turned out a lot worse. But no, you have so say;"canerduh sux, dey didnt d0 anything, lol!!111".

Canada didn't do much. All Canada really did was augment the British forces and provide a tiny fraction of war material.

Give this a read, though chances are you'll dismiss it as the work of evil leftists or something stupid like that, I may as well give it a shot.

That's hilarious, you link to a single article that doesn't even really give numbers or specifics, just gives an over-glorified account for the sake of Canadian pride.

However, in the end, it doesn't really matter? Do the Italians boast the fact that their ancient ancestors ruled most of their known world? No. We are free, and that is all that matters.

And yet delusional Canadians try to pretend that Canada did more in WWII all the time as yet another example of how Canadians lie to themselves to feel better about their country. In the context of WWII, it is entirely applicable to the outcome of the war to emphasize the fact that the US did the most in the full spectrum, tactically, strategically, and economically.

Even in the Western Front of Europe, starting from D-day on, where Canadians had their most successes, their participation was infinitesimal compared to the US.


Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
SmilezRoyale
SmilezRoyale
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 09:21 PM Reply

Here's something else to consider...

Lets talk about history... Zhen he's Treasure Fleet in the 13th century was the most massive indian ocean reconaisance in history at the time, and the chinese ships were larger and more advanced than any in history up untill then, as well as having no larger predecesors untill the late 1800's; the sheer ammount of wealth it required was beyond anything ever seen before.

Christopher columbus took 3 small carracks to the carribean and becomes a more talked about figure in history than zhen he; it's outrageous!

Actually it isn't... History isn't about BIG things are, or how different they are, it's about the things in time which influenced future generations of culture, religon, politics, economies, and so forth.

Like i said... i can sympathize with people who think that the russian efforts of ww2 are being underminded, but in terms of american history, for WW2, it would make sense to learn about the part that AMERICA took in the war; for world history, it would make sense to talk about what each general region did to influence the war; and how it effected the war itself, or the future of the world.

If your arguing about the actual events that occured in history... There's really no problem with that, but anyone on this forum who's trying to advance the idea that we need to re-write history because russians weren't talk about enough... Really needs to cool they're jets.

There are much worse things a country can do to they're history, like the chinese and the germans removing distinct time periods in the 20th century.


On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 29th, 2007 @ 11:33 PM Reply

Its was the GREEKS, man, the fuckin' GREEKS.


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Ipunishthewicked
Ipunishthewicked
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 12:59 AM Reply

Eh Are you that stupid?Orlike drunk off vodka my russian Freind?As people have pointed out it was a World war.Not a war vs germany.The bottom line is.Russia won the war with germany I may give you that.But America won the war.How?Well russia beat germany by sheer numbers as said before.But If a mass amount of japanese soliders Got into Europe then russia wold lose.Of course this didn't happen because America Dropped a bunch of nukes on them.And by the way If Russia did win world war two.Then dosen't that mean America's super-super powerfull.Or do you Not know who won the cold war?Yeah


From: M-Bot
Sent: 06/17/09 05:26
This message is to inform you that the following review, which you left for The Jersey Devil on 10/30/07 at 5:16:57 AM, has been deleted:

BBS Signature
tony4moroney
tony4moroney
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 9/29/07 09:07 PM, cellardoor6 wrote:
Who also almost single-handedly destroyed Japan's Army, Air Force, and Navy before the bombs were even dropped? Who almost single-handedly dislodged Japan's grip on the Pacific before the nuclear bomb was even done being developed?

The US.

What the bombs did was allow the US to avoid invading the Japanese mainland, which would have resulted in FAR more civilian casualties than occurred in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

It's all true, but Gen. Eisenhower testified that nuking japan was unnecessary, their morale was low, they were defeated completely militarily on all levels and were becoming increasingly harmless to a dominating U.S force and even so Truman still decided to nuke Hiroshima, claiming it was a military base. They were in preparations for signing a surrender, they just had difficulty in signing to some conditions. In an extreme right-wing nationalistic aristocracy it'd be difficult for the Emperor to you know, sign himself over to U.S authorities.

kahncccp
kahncccp
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 04:37 PM Reply

Soviets fought decisive battles, allies took care of stragglers.


Join the EMY forum! Join the World Republic!World Republic Epoch of Marxist Youth

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 9/30/07 04:37 PM, kahncccp wrote: Soviets fought decisive battles, allies took care of stragglers.

The Soviets are part of the Allies.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Luxury-Yacht
Luxury-Yacht
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Movie Buff
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 05:25 PM Reply

How the fuck are people still arguing about this? NO ONE COUNTRY WON THE WAR. It was a collaborative effort on both sides. It's pointless to argue over who "won" the war for their side. All we could do is make empty speculations that can't be proven.


i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i
oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature
LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Member since: Apr. 11, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 9/30/07 10:04 AM, tony4moroney wrote: They were in preparations for signing a surrender, they just had difficulty in signing to some conditions.

Yeah those parts being our government being stubborn and demanding an unconditional surrender.


Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 9/30/07 08:06 AM, TimTheGreat wrote: Canada, wasn't obliged to enter the war. Canada, Australia and New Zealand amoung others, entered the war for the good of Mankind. They were probably the most selfless countries of the war.

HAHAHA. First of all, all Commonwealth nations were obliged to enter the war. They had a mutual defense pact.

And selfless? For the good of "Mankind"? That's a fucking joke, New Zealand and Australia both were threatened by Japan, and all of them, including Canada, were legally obligated to enter the war due to their commonwealth status.

Unlike Russia who was invaded, unlike Britain who was in danger

And therefore causing Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to enter the war, in addition to the fact that Australia and New Zealand were in danger.

and unlike America who was attacked.

And who provided aide long before then, which was far more important to Britain's defense than the augmentation of their forces with common wealth troops, especially considering how little ground troops were even used in defensive operations.

Canada unlike in WW1 did not have to enter the war. But they did, Partly due to their loyality to Britain. But mostly due to the fact that they thought it was the right thing to do.

Pfft.

You have to remember that at the time, Canada, Australia were getting sick of Britain, and wanted more independence, But they still joined the war anyways.

Because they had to...

The Statute of Westminster didn't erase everything, all commonwealth nations were still obligated to come to defense of each other.

Personaly I owe my countries existance to The people from countries who fought to protect Britain! Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa.

Actually you owe your existence to the US because Britain would NEVER, EVER have been able to hold off the Germans for long had the US not first supplied them with almost all of their war material, and second, had the US not intervened with troops.

America may of done alot more than Canada in the war. But I don't like to see someone bad mouthing the Canadian war effort. They unlike America were actually in the war when Britain was in Danger and stood by and fought.

Because they had too...

And even then, your logic is hilariously flawed. You're giving them more credit to the Canadians because of your emotional response to their participation, rather than how their participation actually effected the war in the whole scheme of things. The fact that you feel they came due to their loyalty, causes you to ignore the fact that their participation achieved relatively little tactically, strategically, and logistically.. both to the defense of Britain and the outcome of the war as a whole.

I'm shunting Americas involvement in the war. In places like France, blatently they owe their existance, more to the Americans than they do to the british and Canadians.

The British owe their existence to the US more so than they do to Canada. Just because Canada entered the war earlier, doesn't mean they contributed more to Britain's defense, especially considering how little Canadians actually did, and how misused they were by the British themselves.

The Dieppe Raid is a perfect example. The British used Canadian troops as cannon fodder. And the defeat in that operation was an example of how feckless the British were.


Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 10:21 PM Reply

In all reality, it was the Greeks who won the war. They delayed the German advance in Russia by 3 months. Guess what month the Germans invaded the USSR? August, guess how long they were there for? Until winter, utterly ruining every hope the Germans had for a successful defeat of Stalin. If the Greeks had given in to the Germans earlier, Stalin would have been sucking major Nazi cock, and the Allies would have fallen without the Eastern front to occupy the Germans from countering the D-Day invasion. And who do we have to thank for all of this?

THE GREEKS.


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 10:32 PM Reply

At 9/30/07 10:21 PM, Gwarfan wrote: THE GREEKS.

all right, since everyone just wants to be a douchebag then i have to support the Greek conclusion. end thread.


VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Sep. 30th, 2007 @ 10:43 PM Reply

Success!


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Oct. 1st, 2007 @ 08:20 PM Reply

At 10/1/07 01:30 PM, TimTheGreat wrote:
At 9/30/07 08:55 PM, cellardoor6 wrote: Actually you owe your existence to the US because Britain would NEVER, EVER have been able to hold off the Germans for long had the US not first supplied them with almost all of their war material, and second, had the US not intervened with troops.
You make me laugh. You do know that the Battle of Britain was won before America entered the war.

You make me laugh. You overemphasize the Battle of Britain, which was a small-scale air war.

Hitler had stopped any invasion plans on Britain... Before America even started giving aide to Britain.

Nope. The US started giving aide to Britain before Lend-Lease was even created.

My Country doesn't at all owe it's existance to the US. Your incredibly sad if you think it does.

Actually it does, and you're incredibly brainwashed if you think it doesn't. See, you HAVE to lie to yourself otherwise your country couldn't have pride. Think about it subjectively: The country that defeated your Empire, and gained independence from it... later came to be your country's savior. If you Brits actually accepted this fact, you wouldn't have much room for national pride. In fact, you probably would have almost no pride.

Not to mention the fact that the German forces couldn't of attacked Britain anyway. Air Superiority or not. Their Navy couldn't of operated a succesfull invasion on Britain. (unless maybe if they secured Ireland)

If the US never provided aide, and never intervened in the war, the Germans would not only have defeated the Russians, but their power over western Europe (which the British could NEVER have liberated) would have been economic benefit. The Germans would have had time to develope the newer technologies they had, they would have lost less lives on the Eastern Front, and they would have EASILY regained composure and easily have invaded and destroyed Britain.

The Aide the US gave to Britain, helped Britain fight in nearly every Theater of the war

If only Britain actually fought in every theater of war.

To a large extent. It didn't help Britain defend, it helped Britain attack.

Actually it helped it defend as well, because Britain is an Island, it doesn't have the resources to maintain a war, not even a defensive war. If the US didn't enter the war, the Germans would have only go stronger, and gained more and more land. The British and the Russians both would have eventually lost, especially considering how fucking advanced the stuff was the Germans were developing. Without the US providing aide and then fighting simultaneously, the Germans would have had plenty of time to keep growing their forces, and building up their weapons, especially their early jet fighters and ballistic missiles.

I find it incredibly amusing, sad little shytes like yourself who when it comes to WW2 can't say anything but, WE SUPPLIED THE WAR, THEREFORE WE WON IT.

Actually we supplied the war, and we were the only country to fight in every theater of war. The US was the single largest factor to allied victory. Not only because without the aide the US provided, both Britain and the USSR would have been raped by the Germans. But also because when the US did enter with troops, the US single handedly defeated the Japanese while simultaneously taking a more important role in Europe than the British. The US supplied and led the operation against the Germans, as the Supreme Allied Commander was an American general, and US troops did by far the most on the Western Front, and their supplies were essential on both fronts in Europe.

anywho, The Canadians and Australians could of said no.

No they couldn't have. Not only because it was their legal obligation as commonwealth nations to come to the defense of Britain, but also because not participating would have destroyed their economies that depended on Britain.

But they didn't. Just like America found ways of not helping Britain in the Falklands

Yeah, the US didn't support Britain's imperialistic war to control a colony.

And your little quip about the Australians joining because of the threat of japanese is pathetic. If it was because of that why did they take their navy to the Med and their troops to Africa, rather than stay in the Pacific.

No it's not, because the Australians only provided token forces to the British operations, they still had the majority of their forces in their home country.


I don't Deny that American and Britain did do alot of good in Ww2, but their involvement wasn't as selfless as countrys like Canada.

Lol, I love it when you say Canada, a country that was part of the British commonwealth and part of a mutual defense pact, was "selfless" by entering the war. When Germany declared war on the British Empire, they declared war on Canada and Australia because they WERE and still technically are part of the British Empire.

America was forced into the war.

Not really. Pearl Harbor came after the US already made a decision to aide the British. The US was isolationist, it had no reason to enter the war with troops in Europe because Germany and Italy had not declared war on the US.

Canada did alot more to protect Britain in WW2 than America. It's a Fact.

And by "fact" you mean it's the British myth. In addition to a whole host of other myths, designed to maintain pride, and ignore the reality of a situation that when acknowledged, would force British people to accept the fact that the US was their savior. This is something that would be way too damaging to British pride, this explains the incredibly high level of delusion and ignorance of WWII that British (and Canadian) people have.

At 10/1/07 01:35 PM, TimTheGreat wrote: I would also like to add, that Lend-Lease was fairly cowardly in my eyes, yes it helped a huge deal. But what america should of done was join the war strait away.

No, it would have been unconstitutional and against the nature of the US at the time if the US joined a war with troops against people who had not declared war on the US or attacked us directly.

Lend-Lease was actually the most benevolent thing the US could have done. Without the aide the US provided to all the allies (free of charge I might add), they would have been fucked, it's as simple as that. The MAJORITY of war material the British used, and a large chunk of what the Soviets used, was provided by the US.

You don't throw a wad of cash at a women getting raped do you.

You don't come to the rescue of an Empire, that the majority of your nation considers to be no better than Germany, when the official policy of your country is isolationist at that point in time.

So stop boasting about it.

Stop denying it's gigantic importance just because accepting the fact that America is your savior compromises your otherwise nonexistent British pride.


Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
SmilezRoyale
SmilezRoyale
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Oct. 1st, 2007 @ 10:08 PM Reply

if you can't sleep at night because you can't figure out mathamatical ratio's of how much a country contributed to WW2, why not just send a request to make one to the UN, they'll jump on that in no time.


On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Oct. 1st, 2007 @ 10:29 PM Reply

You make me laugh. You do know that the Battle of Britain was won before America entered the war.
You make me laugh. You overemphasize the Battle of Britain, which was a small-scale air war.

Oh the Battle of Britain was an important battle alright. He never said it was a large scale fight, but it did provide a major propaganda victory for Britain, not to mention setting back Hitler's definatly possible invasion plans for the future. It also lead to the blitz, which involved the bombing of factories (affecting British military production).

My Country doesn't at all owe it's existance to the US. Your incredibly sad if you think it does.
Actually it does, and you're incredibly brainwashed if you think it doesn't. See, you HAVE to lie to yourself otherwise your country couldn't have pride. Think about it subjectively: The country that defeated your Empire, and gained independence from it... later came to be your country's savior. If you Brits actually accepted this fact, you wouldn't have much room for national pride. In fact, you probably would have almost no pride.

Although the US did help us alot, you even said before that the war in Europe was a united effort. We owe part of our existence to the US because of the supplies. But we also owe part of our existence due to our governments ability to keep moral high and the defense strong. And technically, the Lend-Lease act didn't just benefit the British, it highly benefitted the US too. If Britain fell then America would never have gotten a foothold in Europe. FDR also said that the best way for the US to guarantee a safe defence would be to help Britain defend.

If the US never provided aide, and never intervened in the war, the Germans would not only have defeated the Russians, but their power over western Europe (which the British could NEVER have liberated) would have been economic benefit. The Germans would have had time to develope the newer technologies they had, they would have lost less lives on the Eastern Front, and they would have EASILY regained composure and easily have invaded and destroyed Britain.

If the US never provided aid, it would have left America open to attack and democracy in Europe would have been dead.


The Aide the US gave to Britain, helped Britain fight in nearly every Theater of the war
If only Britain actually fought in every theater of war.

If only America actually fought in every theater of war. They didn't fight any large scale battles on the Eastern front. Nor have I heard of the US fighting in the Middle Eastern Theater.

To a large extent. It didn't help Britain defend, it helped Britain attack.
Actually it helped it defend as well, because Britain is an Island, it doesn't have the resources to maintain a war, not even a defensive war. If the US didn't enter the war, the Germans would have only go stronger, and gained more and more land. The British and the Russians both would have eventually lost, especially considering how fucking advanced the stuff was the Germans were developing. Without the US providing aide and then fighting simultaneously, the Germans would have had plenty of time to keep growing their forces, and building up their weapons, especially their early jet fighters and ballistic missiles.

I find it incredibly amusing, sad little shytes like yourself who when it comes to WW2 can't say anything but, WE SUPPLIED THE WAR, THEREFORE WE WON IT.
Actually we supplied the war, and we were the only country to fight in every theater of war. The US was the single largest factor to allied victory. Not only because without the aide the US provided, both Britain and the USSR would have been raped by the Germans. But also because when the US did enter with troops, the US single handedly defeated the Japanese while simultaneously taking a more important role in Europe than the British. The US supplied and led the operation against the Germans, as the Supreme Allied Commander was an American general, and US troops did by far the most on the Western Front, and their supplies were essential on both fronts in Europe.

Althought the single largest factor, you did not fight a major battle (apart maybe from few volunteers). And I guess the reason why the US led the operation was because of more expendable troops and their home front wasn't directly affected.

Stop denying it's gigantic importance just because accepting the fact that America is your savior compromises your otherwise nonexistent British pride.

lol.


GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Oct. 1st, 2007 @ 10:55 PM Reply

At 10/1/07 10:29 PM, Ledgey wrote: Oh the Battle of Britain was an important battle alright. He never said it was a large scale fight, but it did provide a major propaganda victory for Britain, not to mention setting back Hitler's definatly possible invasion plans for the future. It also lead to the blitz, which involved the bombing of factories (affecting British military production).

The Battle of Britain isn't what caused the ultimate defense of Britain. It was a single successful air campaign, that wouldn't have permanently deterred the Germans had the US not provided aide and eventually entered the war.

Although the US did help us alot, you even said before that the war in Europe was a united effort.

Yes, but the war in Europe wasn't the entire war. Those who fought in the European theater were united mostly by the US, who was the logistical foundation of the allies, and at the same time played the most prominent role on the Western Front.

We owe part of our existence to the US because of the supplies.

Also by supplying the Soviets, and intervening with troops which led to the demise of the Germans. Something that wouldn't have happened if the US didn't do those things.

But we also owe part of our existence due to our governments ability to keep moral high and the defense strong. And technically, the Lend-Lease act didn't just benefit the British, it highly benefitted the US too.

Yes, but considering that aide was essential to Britains survival, and the fact that the US forgave the debt from Lend-Lease, and only a tiny fraction of that debt was ever paid back... it was far more beneficial to the British than it was to the US.

If Britain fell then America would never have gotten a foothold in Europe.

That's highly debatable. Considering how much the invasion of Europe by the allies was funded, planned, and executed by the US in comparison to the other allies, it's pretty reasonable to suggest that the US could have done it by itself. It would have been a lot more difficult and complicated, but it still could have happened.

FDR also said that the best way for the US to guarantee a safe defence would be to help Britain defend.

Yes, and how does that act as a detriment to the US in the argument? The US both defended Britain, and played the most prominent role in the entire war at the same time, as part of a larger strategy.

If the US never provided aid, it would have left America open to attack and democracy in Europe would have been dead.

Actually, if the US never provided aide, chances are Europe would have been doomed and it wouldn't have effected the US for quite some time. Had the US never supported the British, the axis, especially Japan, wouldn't have had reason at that time to attack the US.

Hell I remember reading that at one point in time, Hitler had a favorable view of the US due to his believe that it was made up mostly of Aryans, and would have eventually become a valuable ally to Germany. Henry Ford and Hitler were peas in a pod, by the way, lol.

The Aide the US gave to Britain, helped Britain fight in nearly every Theater of the war
If only Britain actually fought in every theater of war.
If only America actually fought in every theater of war. They didn't fight any large scale battles on the Eastern front.

The Eastern front wasn't a theatre of war, it was a front in the European theater.

Nor have I heard of the US fighting in the Middle Eastern Theater.

The operations in the Middle East were incredibly small in scale and insignificant in comparison to other theatres. It was considered a theatre only because of the region being large and far from other areas, but the operations that took place were miniscule and incredibly insignificant.

Putting down a few revolts, and simply enforcing a policing action against tribal groups in the Middle East doesn't really compare to other theatres.

The Middle Eastern Theater is more logically placed in the same conflict as the Africa/Mediterranean theatre, which in turn was also less significant than the Pacific and European theater.

Althought the single largest factor, you did not fight a major battle (apart maybe from few volunteers).

Haha the US didn't fight a major battle? Actually the US fought several, including being almost entirely responsible for Operation Overlord, The battle of Normandy, and the entire Western front. Not to mention the entire operation in the Pacific that was fought almost entirely by the US against the Japanese.

And I guess the reason why the US led the operation was because of more expendable troops and their home front wasn't directly affected.

No, the US led the operation because the US was the most competent, and most capable, especially considering the previous attempts by the British to land forces in western Europe that had failed miserably.

The British proved they were basically feckless at that point in the war. That is why the US took control. The reasoning was validated when, after US-led Operation Overlord until the end of the war, the first and last operation the British were allowed command over was Operation Market Garden, a complete and utter disaster due to British incompetence.


Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
Dash-Underscore-Dash
Dash-Underscore-Dash
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Who won the ww2? Oct. 1st, 2007 @ 11:15 PM Reply

I think you guys forgot the vital role of poland.