• 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:06 PM, mariobro42 wrote:
At 9/24/07 02:05 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/24/07 02:03 PM, mariobro42 wrote: From what I can gather, a good BBS thread is identical to a blog/thread (whatever it's called) on Myspace.
Howay then, what would you class a good thread as?
Something that doesn't belong on Myspace.

Come on, that's a cop out response.

What would you class as a good thread?

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
TheD-LucksEdition
TheD-LucksEdition
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:07 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/24/07 02:06 PM, mariobro42 wrote: Something that doesn't belong on Myspace.
Come on, that's a cop out response.

Something involving mass Yoshi pictures no doubt.

Duffi
Duffi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:10 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:06 PM, mariobro42 wrote: Something that doesn't belong on Myspace.

Now that's just avoiding his question.

mariobro42
mariobro42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:11 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:07 PM, TheMaster wrote: Come on, that's a cop out response.

Firstly, if you have to talk about something that happened to you in real life on the BBS, you have nothing interesting to say.
Secondly, if you have to talk about how you lost your virginity or set a new record for longest continuous fap, you have nothing interesting to say.
Thirdly, console threads have been done oh-so-many times and they're just annoying now. I commonly post in them 'I'm sick and tired of these motherfucking console threads on this motherfucking forum!' The same goes with video game threads.
Finally, unless the thread is meant to be funny, it needs to have a serious tone.

Mario doesn't murder koopas!
When it's an accident, it's called koopaslaughter.
I can not be a faggot.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:14 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:11 PM, mariobro42 wrote: Finally, unless the thread is meant to be funny, it needs to have a serious tone.

Nope, still avoiding the question. You're listing bad threads, not what would make a good one.

Answer the question: What would you want to see in a thread which would make you consider it good?

BBS Signature
mariobro42
mariobro42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:17 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:14 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/24/07 02:11 PM, mariobro42 wrote: Finally, unless the thread is meant to be funny, it needs to have a serious tone.
Nope, still avoiding the question. You're listing bad threads, not what would make a good one.

In short, nothing about sex, no real life shit, no consoles or video games mentioned (unless they're classics like Mario, Sonic or Final Fantasy) and the topic itself has to be something that engages NGers.

I can not be a faggot.

BBS Signature
iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:18 PM Reply

Nothing.

Yay for immaturingety!

BBS Signature
DeadBolt
DeadBolt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:18 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:03 PM, mariobro42 wrote: From what I can gather, a good BBS thread is identical to a blog/thread (whatever it's called) on Myspace.

No, it really isn't.

Duffi
Duffi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate

At 9/24/07 02:11 PM, mariobro42 wrote:
At 9/24/07 02:11 PM, mariobro42 wrote: Firstly, if you have to talk about something that happened to you in real life on the BBS, you have nothing interesting to say.

Well.. Heard.

Secondly, if you have to talk about how you lost your virginity or set a new record for longest continuous fap, you have nothing interesting to say.

Heard.

Thirdly, console threads have been done oh-so-many times and they're just annoying now. I commonly post in them 'I'm sick and tired of these motherfucking console threads on this motherfucking forum!' The same goes with video game threads.

Don't post in them, dipshit.

Finally, unless the thread is meant to be funny, it needs to have a serious tone.

Not neccesarily.

Oh, and as said;

Answer the question: What would you want to see in a thread which would make you consider it good?

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:17 PM, mariobro42 wrote: In short, nothing about sex, no real life shit, no consoles or video games mentioned (unless they're classics like Mario, Sonic or Final Fantasy) and the topic itself has to be something that engages NGers.

Again, you're listing things you don't want, not things you want.

Maybe the concept of listing what you'd want to see is too complex for you to wrap your head around, perhaps you could provide some examples of what you consider a good thread?

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:17 PM, mariobro42 wrote: In short, nothing about sex, no real life shit, no consoles or video games mentioned (unless they're classics like Mario, Sonic or Final Fantasy) and the topic itself has to be something that engages NGers.

You're still listing bad threads and not what would make a good one...

G-Banger
G-Banger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:17 PM, mariobro42 wrote:
At 9/24/07 02:14 PM, TheMaster wrote:
In short, nothing about sex, no real life shit, no consoles or video games mentioned (unless they're classics like Mario, Sonic or Final Fantasy) and the topic itself has to be something that engages NGers.

So we can pretty much only talk about old video games? As long as we don't mention our real life experiences with those games of course. I sense you want to rule out real life shit so then everyone else will have as little to talk about as you. Seriously, you have two settings, complain about the BBS and quote the BBS rules. Try to engage the NGers a little.

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

BBS Signature
mariobro42
mariobro42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:42 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:21 PM, G-Banger wrote: Seriously, you have two settings, complain about the BBS and quote the BBS rules. Try to engage the NGers a little.

And how am I supposed to engage with other NGers when I don't like half the things they do like?

I can not be a faggot.

BBS Signature
IPoopedInYourMailbox
IPoopedInYourMailbox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:43 PM Reply

A thread about school or a rant.

Please disregard the above post.

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:47 PM Reply

Hey mariobro42, suck my dick.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
<deleted>
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:47 PM, Sekhem wrote: Hey mariobro42, suck my dick.

Can you feel the love tonight?

mariobro42
mariobro42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:49 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:47 PM, Sekhem wrote: Hey mariobro42, suck my dick.

Cannot do that, since my mouth is still full of rage.

I can not be a faggot.

BBS Signature
G-Banger
G-Banger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:42 PM, mariobro42 wrote:
At 9/24/07 02:21 PM, G-Banger wrote: Seriously, you have two settings, complain about the BBS and quote the BBS rules. Try to engage the NGers a little.
And how am I supposed to engage with other NGers when I don't like half the things they do like?

Not my problem, solve it yourself, maybe take some time from posting to reflect on who you are and how you interact with others. You can't do that of course because you will lose your posts per day average that you hold so dear. One would think if you hated this place as much as you say you wouldn't return so often, or at all. NG has plenty to offer apart from the BBS and the internet isn't short of forums more catered to your tastes. You enjoy the negative attention you receive here a little too much though, so I don't expect you to leave too soon. Hopefully when you do though, you will PM whose alt you are.

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

BBS Signature
mariobro42
mariobro42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 02:52 PM Reply

I'm still confused about something. NG is NG, real life is real life and I don't see why the twain should meet.

I can not be a faggot.

BBS Signature
Tremour
Tremour
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 02:52 PM, mariobro42 wrote: I'm still confused about something. NG is NG, real life is real life and I don't see why the twain should meet.

Because if they didn't then we would have utterly no basis for any sort of discussion whatsoever. If we discussed matters pertaining entirely to Newgrounds, then the topic list would be about nothing other than "How to get Xp pointz" and a plethora of topics on what Hentai flash it's best knocking one off to. In fact, we could practically wipe 90% of forums off the list if we only discussed Newgrounds or internet related matters - the only relevant ones would be "Where is/How to" and to a lesser extent, "General".

A forum is a basis for discussion, a place to talk about things. Now, I agree that we don't have to hear about what someone had for breakfast, or how many times they took a shit, because there's really nothing to be talked about there - but if someone wants to come here and discuss something that might actually stimulate conversation (Whether aforementioned conversation is banal or not is subjective, mostly) then why stop them, that's what a forum is for.

Also, keep in mind that "Real life" also includes matters such as philosophy, science and a whole host of other things most people would consider "Intellectual debate".

FUCK

BBS Signature
Sp00kyy
Sp00kyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 03:09 PM Reply

Mmmmmmm. You all are so good at BBSing... Don't stop.

The Doctor: I've been alone ever since, but not anymore. Don't you see, all we've got is each other.
The Master: Are you asking me out on a date?

BBS Signature
alicetheDroog
alicetheDroog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Since you're all so great at BBSing Sep. 24th, 2007 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 9/24/07 01:37 PM, mariobro42 wrote: What makes a thread good if it doesn't include sex/masturbation or video games/consoles?

Team spirit?
Love?
You?
Sex?

I miss my old sig )=