Respond to this Topic
Birthofagod
Birthofagod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-15 21:51:03 Reply

Wow...this is really a huge step for you guys! Congratulations on the success!

EarthCrisis
EarthCrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-15 22:13:17 Reply

At 7/15/03 08:59 AM, Ted_Easton wrote:
If anyone sees some user named "SmooveB" asking why his review privileges were revoked, tell him to read back through the pages of his old reviews. They're abusive, and he's admitted to not even watching the movies- simply voting based on the author's name.
(Not to mention that he acts like he's on a date with the author.)

I totally agree with you, it's probably just some geeky ass black boy wanting to have "pick up lines" and crappy ones at that to masterbate to. SmoovB get a damn life. Did you notice that only one of the authors responded and not really even that well, they said "what the fuck" to you. Them saying what the fuck to you probably turned you on too. huh? NG admins not only delete his/her account but block their address too!

Hydecka
Hydecka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-15 22:23:42 Reply

Wow... Awsome... Just awsome... I'll buy it...

Heh.. You can make money on Newgrounds.. who would a thunk? I'll defintly buy Alien Hominid...

Just make sure you make him do more attacks

I can do t3h voices. Lots of em.LOTS OF THEM!! ^^;;
OMFG GOOGLE HYDECKA!!

BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-15 22:50:16 Reply

Fuck dude...maybe the shit would go faster if there werent so many damned pop-ups! I mean realy! I love your site but lets get back to some roots! And ALien Hominid on Consules? Thats sweet assed! How did y'all cut a deal like that?

II II lI

BBS Signature
ScrunchMuppet
ScrunchMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-15 23:22:04 Reply

Does this mean that you can finally afford to remove all the annoying pop-ups from NG now?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

hyper-goat
hyper-goat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-15 23:40:55 Reply

holy shit! that sounds awesome! i'll definitely be looking out for that.

dandandan4
dandandan4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Art Lover
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 01:19:57 Reply

care to show us some screenshots?!

AvocadoClock
AvocadoClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 01:33:07 Reply

At 7/14/03 11:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: Synj and the gang from San Diego will be at Comic Con, booth number is 4028. I won't be able to make it out to the west coast this time around, but if you are there you can meet Synj and get some rad Alien Hominid stickers!

Holy crap, I'm going to that!

J-D-298
J-D-298
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 01:48:38 Reply

Somebody should make a website and have tha word out every where its gonna be tha shit! banner ads, not pop-ups, commertials

Alien Hominid!

bila
bila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 03:44:34 Reply

At 7/14/03 11:01 PM, TomFulp wrote:
In other news... Sorry for the continued sluggishness of the servers. It turned out our software upgrades didn't account for the SQL caching we needed, so we had to upgrade the software EVEN MORE, to all sorts of INSANE LEVELS OF ENTERPRISE EDITION SOFTWARE MAYHEM. James has been on the phone with the PHP guys in Israel on a regular basis, doing everything possible to pump the most power out of our back-end systems.

The new database server should be upon us shortly, and as mentioned previously, it's a beast. It's gonna take your queries and put them in a headlock and make them cry unkle(sic). Of course, the poor webserver farm is still struggling to keep up, but once the twins arrive and we get a new switch, that should be eased up a bit. Not to mention the old decomissioned database server still has some muscle left in him, and he'll be pulling webserving duties as well. We may try to get on a recurring schedule of buying new webservers EVERY MONTH, because once in a while just isn't cutting it. We need an army!

More updates as they become available!

Great to hear that you're working on it! As it is I'd pretty much given up on NG because no matter what time of day It is I've only gotten repeated "the server is too busy" instead on every other page for the last few days.

oddly enough, the server is NEVER to busy to send a POPUP UP ADD.... ;)

SmooveB
SmooveB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 03:52:49 Reply

At 7/15/03 10:13 PM, EarthCrisis wrote:
I totally agree with you, it's probably just some geeky ass black boy wanting to have "pick up lines" and crappy ones at that to masterbate to. SmoovB get a damn life. Did you notice that only one of the authors responded and not really even that well, they said "what the fuck" to you. Them saying what the fuck to you probably turned you on too. huh? NG admins not only delete his/her account but block their address too!

whoa.... chill out man. Havent you ever read the onion? Then youd know what my "pickup" lines are all about. Although I'm not allowed to post anymore reviews, dont you think deleting my account and banning my address is a bit too far? Theyres FAR more abusive shit going on in NG reviews, take alook at the reviews for the flash i made "Waxy NBA". If using lines from the onion for humor only deserves me an IP ban, than what would happen to "b0nker" for the shit he reviews?

Alien Hominid!

noak
noak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 03:57:49 Reply

i don't know if its so realated but i think that the web site now is amaizing...i'm from israel...:-)
keep on the good work

Alphadash
Alphadash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 05:04:12 Reply

good idea i think that game is super funny but when it comes i cant buy becaus i dont own one of these machines :-(.

Good luck with the making ;-).

Rubberhead
Rubberhead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 06:48:37 Reply

Offcourse Alien Hominid is going to be good!
(It can offcourse allso be a major dissapointment)

Butt the thing somewhere at the bottom of your post realy hit me new servers ervery month!

Get speedy NG yeah!

homedogknoker16
homedogknoker16
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 07:16:34 Reply

what about a PC version of Alien hominid?!?!?! Also considering that this website is accessed by people on a COMPUTER i don't see why you aren't in the making of an Alien Hominid for PC.

Please reply to my e-mail: homedogknoker16@msn.com

Iamthom
Iamthom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 07:45:28 Reply

why would he want to compete with Half Life 2 and other great games on the PC when right now through next year there wont be to many great games out for the console??

Also why are you guys complaining so much about stupid pop-ups, have you ever heard of AOL, Opera, or netscape, i know they all suck (operas ok) but they atleast have blockers, and if your still using slow IE just go download a free popup blocker from download.com

nitroxide
nitroxide
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 09:44:15 Reply

Sweet!!!Great news tom,i havent played with my PS2 in months(I think i havent touched it since i joined NG)But this a great way to get back into it.Ill definitely buy it when it comes out just to support NG.Tom will you be putting promotions for NG on it will the Tank show up at least once in the game?One more question,will you keep us informed not on the developing process but at least give us some screenshots....

Archile
Archile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 09:51:54 Reply

Sometime you(Tom) said it would be 2-d...but i have a question....willl it be a 2-D scroller with 3-D graphics(Like Contra Shattered Soldier),or full 2-D?

Agent-J
Agent-J
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 10:14:44 Reply

It has come to my attention that some of the people who stop crappy flash movies are letting there guard down.

This i mean those crappy flash movies with a score of 1 or 0 are going into the pick of the hour.

how the f**k has this continued it has to stop

Alien Hominid!

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 11:00:41 Reply

shit man what is it that you did smmoveB?

II II lI

BBS Signature
DHX
DHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 11:20:04 Reply

what company is going to publish it.

Alien Hominid!

Mazza
Mazza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 12:02:40 Reply

yes! gamecube! i was hoping for this! i own a gamecube, so that's a game i'm definitely gonna buy! and i can't believe you need so much server space for this site. i mean, every month new servers? i have trouble with asking my parents for a new pc every three years!

Alien Hominid!

fucking magnets man how do they work

JordanCastillo
JordanCastillo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 12:21:23 Reply

Nice work. Congrats.

How'id y'alls knew mine here unkle wuz sic?

8-Deadclaw0-8
8-Deadclaw0-8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 12:24:13 Reply

SWEET ASS!!! i was so0o0o0o0 worried i wouldn't be able to play the game because of it coming out on xbox, or ps2 because i only have a gamecube (Which kinda sux). Thank the lord...
Kikin ass and takin names
Deadclaw0

Alien Hominid!

nbh
nbh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 13:12:06 Reply

will it come out in the uk?

Blingo
Blingo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 14:17:38 Reply

At 7/15/03 01:56 PM, wilson_chung326 wrote: you can't just make a 5 megabyte game and then put it on the xbox ps2 or gamecube. you need to program it to work on the consoles and you need permission from the console creators. you can't just use flash ot make it either.

wow. you'd have to be a real fucking idiot to try that. maybe your mum would.... but not tom n' wade.

That said, I think it's really great what you've managed to do with the site... it started off as some really small site, and now it's got its own game, and needs a new server every month.

I think the game's gonna be great, it's a really good example of something truly "by gamers, for gamers". But I have to ask: will the game have any really unique features? The "riding on their heads then decapitating them" is a start, but is there gonna be anything revolutionary up your sleeves?

Devil-man-665
Devil-man-665
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 15:38:17 Reply

Does Tom or wade ever reply to front page posts I've never seen them do it.

ok one thing i've noticed is that newgrounds must be getting a lot of $$$ recently to buuy new servers so is newgrounds actualy making the game or did they just sell the licence to them because that would show how they got all that money so fast without any sales either that or Wade's been whoring himelf to his little perverted fans (you know who you are ;) )

i think AH should be cell shaded and side scrolling just to stay true to the original.

Z600
Z600
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 15:41:17 Reply

SmooveB, is that a glamour shot in your profile??????? *wincing in horror* ;P

The game is gonna rock, and I'll certainly buy it for the Xbox (Lord knows, they certainly need a game they didn't port from another system!). Hell, I'll buy it for a system I don't have, just to support the idea!

-->Z600

Steven-M
Steven-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 17:05:07 Reply

I'm not deliberately attempting to piss on your Hominid parade. But you surely remember AH2? With Tricky the ****ed-up clown? That was disguised as a new game but it was a complete hoax.

I don't intend to seem paranoid, but this could just be another hoax. The info may be made up - screenshots could just be edits. All I'm trying to say is be careful. Unless I can be given concrete evidence (I'll be the judge of that) then I'm not convinced.

Go ahead, flame me. Toast me like a marshmallow. All I'm saying is my opinion and if you don't like it, ignore it.

Steven-M
Steven-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid! 2003-07-16 17:09:43 Reply

I'm not deliberately attempting to piss on your Hominid parade. But you surely remember AH2? With Tricky the ****ed-up clown? That was disguised as a new game but it was a complete hoax.

I don't intend to seem paranoid, but this could just be another hoax. The info may be made up - screenshots could just be edits. All I'm trying to say is be careful. Unless I can be given concrete evidence (I'll be the judge of that) then I'm not convinced.

Go ahead, flame me. Toast me like a marshmallow. All I'm saying is my opinion and if you don't like it, ignore it.