00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art style problem!

792 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Art style problem! 2007-09-07 16:20:58

I've been trying to design my own art style for ages, but i still have nothing! I mean, every style that looks cool is already taken, fuck it!

Art style problem!

Yay a signature!

BBS Signature

Response to Art style problem! 2007-09-07 16:34:32

At 9/7/07 04:20 PM, katfleas wrote: I've been trying to design my own art style for ages, but i still have nothing! I mean, every style that looks cool is already taken, fuck it!

i wouldn't try to force it, i think it just comes naturally. Chances are you have your own style you just don't realize it.

Response to Art style problem! 2007-09-07 16:40:07

At 9/7/07 04:20 PM, katfleas wrote: I've been trying to design my own art style for ages, but i still have nothing! I mean, every style that looks cool is already taken, fuck it!

Don't TRY to make a style.
Just draw things that have your interest or in a similar style to you favorite artist. After a while, you might be able to base something off of that style you practiced at and the mood you're going for and you should be fine :D

Response to Art style problem! 2007-09-07 16:47:09

what narf said.

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to Art style problem! 2007-09-07 16:59:22

also don't draw one thing, think it sucks then try to draw something completely different. If you think it sucks or you get bad comments. Ask for what you could improve with it. Then when somebody tells you what you could improve, DO IT, and re-post the improved image and ask for more criticism.

Eventually you'll have so many different changes to the same image theres no way in hell it'll have any sort of similar style to someone else's.

I've reposted an improved image countless times when i first started doing my digital paintings. In fact my work didn't look like paintings at the start. They were more cartoony outlines, with like little to no shading. My styles changed drastically without me even wanting it to.

So don't give up, eventually it'll come to you.

Response to Art style problem! 2007-09-07 17:52:27

As long as you're doing art and you're not copycatting other peoples style your own style will develop. Draw what you love and always keep reaching for higher standards in your art. In a month, if you keep doing art, you'll look back on things you're doing right now and not believe how far you've come.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature