00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Work in Progress

876 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Work in Progress 2007-08-30 11:56:07

I wanted to do something sort of stylized and semi-realistic. I'm working on the hair. I'm not sure if I should make this a bust up or a full body.

The background should be 1900s. I don't know what setting it will be in though.

Clothing ideas? Background ideas?

Work in Progress

too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die

BBS Signature

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-30 12:02:23

Well, the face looks great, hair's perfect, but I think you should try to make a body from the waist up, then put it in an old house or something, little picture frame on the wall on either side, or a mirror and draw her from the back in it. Just some ideas, but it'd also turn out fine as a head.

Please post in My Art Thread!

| your- possesive | you're- you are | ur- not a word | their- belonging to them | there- referring to place | they're- they are |

GET IT RIGHT.

BBS Signature

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-30 12:12:43

id say bust and up. the face just seems to thin tho to me. but the eyes n hair are good

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-30 12:48:21

She looks like a misty ghost i think it may be the face, but it gives it an old feel its awsome.

BBS Signature

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-30 12:53:50

At 8/30/07 11:56 AM, All-Hallows wrote: I wanted to do something sort of stylized and semi-realistic. I'm working on the hair. I'm not sure if I should make this a bust up or a full body.

The background should be 1900s. I don't know what setting it will be in though.

Clothing ideas? Background ideas?

There's too much space around the eyeball, like her eyes are about to pop right out of her head. Other than that, it's awesome!

Grafitti Crew, defacing the world since 2006

Tom Fulp is a sexy beast.

BBS Signature

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-30 17:04:40

ok your working too hard on the face. if you want a whole body and background, ur gona have to tone things down, kuz you'll have to put as much effort on the rest of the pic, that u did on the face.
also, if you do decide to make the background as well, people wont see the effort you put into it, unless you make the picture bigger. (but scrolling around the pic to see all the details is kind of a hassle)
:anyway, looks good, but might need some more shadows.

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-30 17:06:00

How bout you don't put wip across the picture.

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-30 17:50:24

At 8/30/07 05:06 PM, StoneColdSoul wrote: How bout you don't put wip across the picture.

lol..makes it unninjaable..otherwise nice pic

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-30 20:59:20

At 8/30/07 05:50 PM, x-factor11 wrote: unninjaable..

new adjetive?

like the hair

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-30 22:34:57

At 8/30/07 05:06 PM, StoneColdSoul wrote: How bout you don't put wip across the picture.

It's called a watermark. It prevents thieves from stealing images.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to Work in Progress 2007-08-31 05:55:50

I love how you gave her realisitc features, but her face is kind of an odd shape.

dont change that! Because it looks unique and rather cool.