New Topic Respond to this Topic
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:46 PM Reply

And most people on here aren't going to like hearing this, but, stop whining about it, it's just a fad. I mean, all the time a lot of you metal heads try to down rap, and you tell the truth most of the time, and I agree with you and all, but really, there's nothing to whine about. In about 3-5 years, it's going to be a dying genre. Rappers that are big now are going to start to go broke, their record sales are going to plummit, and they won't control the airwaves. If you don't believe me, look through history, like disco and hair metal, all died and no one thought they would, and that they would last forever, and that it was the coolest thing at the time, but now people are looking back and saying crap like, "I can't believe we wore that glittery stuff," and, "I can't believe we thought mullets were awesome." Rappers and the hip hop community are going to do the same in about 5 years, talking about how rediculous their baggy clothes were, and all those stupid slang words will be poked fun of more then than now. You're going to see Eminem in about 10 years on VH1's Where are they Now?fat and balding, crying about how he lost everything, and how he found Christ, and we're going to see images of him hugging his mom and telling her he loves her, and all that crap. Granted, just like hair metal, a few of them will survive and some people will still like them, but it won't be anything really. So, just look at the brightside guys, with how bhig of a joke rap is lately, it's almost gone.It's death is right around the corner. =)

Flame me all you want, but you know it's true.

Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

PantyWipe
PantyWipe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:47 PM Reply

Mullets were never cool. EVER.

kitty-and-meander
kitty-and-meander
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:48 PM Reply

Rap sucks, but only becaused its an ABUSED form of music.

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 8/18/07 03:47 PM, PantyWipe wrote: Mullets were never cool. EVER.

lol
Didn't say they were, I said a lot of people at the time thought they were. I agree with you totally, but it also proves about how all that was really just one big joke.

Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

SlashBox
SlashBox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:49 PM Reply

I used to have one. XD

I thought this would be a "RAP R CUL!"-esque thread. If it was, I would have to beat you like a red-headed bastard step-child. Who's adopted.

Bob: If you spell my name backwards I will kill you.
The Base, The Rock, The Mic, The Treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal!

Dark-Phire
Dark-Phire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:50 PM Reply

I think some people extrude their outright vague dwelling opinions as an arrogant way to express ones view of topic as facts.

Maybe one day once a collaboration is made among the lyrically peotic "Hip-Hop" rappers and the Energetic egstaticy atmospheric sounding Rock musicians - Humanity would be eradicated from any opposing socialized thoughts one would call an, "Opinion."

BBS Signature
PantyWipe
PantyWipe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:50 PM Reply

Don't get me wrong. Im not saying I wouldnt rock a mullet (cus I TOTALLY WOULD), Im just saying they were never cool.

flamedance58
flamedance58
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:51 PM Reply

True enough.
I think alot of people complain about something but don't understand that alot of stuff is temporary, for example a certain US President (*takes cover*).
It's just like the whole thing with NSYNC and Christine Aguilera =p

Though I for one will still complain about how much Rap isn't my type of music and how annoying it is when someone parks their car across of your home with their rap making miniature earthquakes ^^/

*takes a bow and makes a run for it before the Pro-Bush people come lookin'*

THIS IS MADNESS!

BBS Signature
PantyWipe
PantyWipe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:52 PM Reply

That was a pretty good first post.

Welcome to the BBS, by the way.

vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 8/18/07 03:48 PM, kitty-and-meander wrote: Rap sucks, but only becaused its an ABUSED form of music.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I was listening to rap for the first time in a wile yesterday,and heard a few songs that kept repeating lines from other songs, lines like "To the left"(Which I know is a s0ong itself sung by females, but I've never heard it),and "Walk it out" in several songs, and "I got money in the bank" and several other lines in one song by T-Pain. I'm not dissing on rap, I'm telling the truth. I'm not saying all careers will fade away, but they won't be as big. There will still be underground rappers, and some of the big ones will make it(but only a handful). It will become less of a joke around then, but it won't be as big.

munchies
munchies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate

At 8/18/07 03:48 PM, kitty-and-meander wrote: Rap sucks, but only becaused its an ABUSED form of music.

If it were more like the older days of rap, where money in the banks and lip gloss didn't matter, and a good time was the only requirement.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician

At 8/18/07 03:51 PM, flamedance58 wrote: *takes a bow and makes a run for it before the Pro-Bush people come lookin'*

It's too bad those people don't exist anymore.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
ragingfred
ragingfred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:55 PM Reply

that is why ROCK AND ROLL FOREVER

SlashBox
SlashBox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 03:57 PM Reply

It's too bad those people don't exist anymore.

They never existed. It was a CONSPIRACY! George Bush = Trannie though.
I kid the Government! Hehe...

FBI Agents, don't kill me for saying the dark secret! =O

Bob: If you spell my name backwards I will kill you.
The Base, The Rock, The Mic, The Treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal!

FinalPizzaHut
FinalPizzaHut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:00 PM Reply

Yeah, a fad that's been going on since the mid-eighties?

Just like pretty much every genre right now, the stuff getting the most attention is crap. Dig a little deeper than Eminem and 50 Cent, and you'll realize that there is good rap music out there.

BBS Signature
flamedance58
flamedance58
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:05 PM Reply

Thanks Panty.

I think Rap did have it's time.
But that was probably when it first was created.
Now a days it's just people talking while music plays in the background, actually correction not talking more like complaining or talking about how fat their mommas are or how badly they knifed some innocent guy on the street.

Kinda reminds me what happened to that one rock band which their main singer broke out and started doing rap. I'm sorry but a Caucasian man, rapping next to a bunch of african-americans who actually now how to rap just looks bad.

Almost as bad, as Vanilla Ice!

THIS IS MADNESS!

BBS Signature
TheBlueNeck
TheBlueNeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate

At 8/18/07 04:00 PM, FinalPizzaHut wrote: Yeah, a fad that's been going on since the mid-eighties?

Actully rap can be dated as far back as the 1960's however it is rather hard to find rap from that period becaue then it was just being formed and was ezxtremly undergroun. The first commercial sucesfull rap song was Rappers Delight wich came out in 1979.

This is Newgrounds. Everything is a joke.

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist

At 8/18/07 04:00 PM, FinalPizzaHut wrote: Yeah, a fad that's been going on since the mid-eighties?

Uhmm.,...
I'm actually refering to the commercialization of it, not how long it's been aroud really. Uhm, yeah, I said IDK how many times I'm not downing rap, just the stupid stuff that gets the attention, so...yeah..you're a little jumpy there buddy.

Sanity-of-Insanity
Sanity-of-Insanity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:06 PM Reply

Ther was no genera called hair metal it was just the style back in the 70's and 80's to grow your hair out, and wear womens clothing, while rocking out. the truth is, Rap is not bad, its theses faggot ass bitch <insert racist word here>'s who think they are gangsters. That are popular rap artist, there is some good rappers out there I will say that but they stopped making music at the tun of the century.

Plus you can not make people not complain, its human nature to bitch about things we do not like nor have control over.

The only thing I can we as Newgrounders can do on September 11th is buy Kanye Wests New CD Even if you won't listen to it.

BBS Signature
TheUsed713
TheUsed713
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:06 PM Reply

Rap is overplayed. As is everything else that is pop music. There are so many genres now
it is rediculously hard for anyone to make it. So I agree, rap is a dying breed. There will always
be underground rappers or metal heads and so on. I just see the death of POP music to the
undergound scene. 90% of anything the people i know listen to is underground and not all over MTV and so on. Its time for us to take control again, not be force fead by the media. Alot of Pop videos
have mass amounts off product placement(especialy rap ones) They're running out of ways to
make money.

:P.s. I like rap music too :)

Go.Burn.Stuff.
Dropkick to the teeth. Solves any problem.
l=(_)(l< 1337

BBS Signature
TheBlueNeck
TheBlueNeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:08 PM Reply

At 8/18/07 04:05 PM, flamedance58 wrote: I'm sorry but a Caucasian man, rapping next to a bunch of african-americans who actually now how to rap just looks bad.

I know it's almost as bad as a black man trying to play rock well. Oh wait that's Jimmy Hendrix. Now why would a blac man be able to play rock? That's right because race doesn't have to do with you playing music. I hope this isn't a double post.

This is Newgrounds. Everything is a joke.

BBS Signature
loggers
loggers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:09 PM Reply

I would'nt say that succesfull rappers will go broke It's not costing them any money if their records will stop selling + they can get a little something called a job >.>

H00N
H00N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:10 PM Reply

WU-TANG CLAN AINT NUTTIN' TA FUCK WIT'!!!!!!!!!!!!

My signature is better.

mike-enterprises
mike-enterprises
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate

rap used to b good music if you ever heard a good old rap song and there still can b found good songs but mostly it's just ryming(sometimes not even that) a bunch of profanities and talking bout how they are gansta and have lots of hoes all that crap. it's like rap is in decadence and it will, as you've pointed out, soon reach it's ultimate demise.

But rock shall live on forever
:hopefully
ROCK ON!!!

Monkeymannnnx
Monkeymannnnx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate

unless you count rednecks they think its awsome =D

Xbox Live GamerTag-KNY King Tek

BBS Signature
FinalPizzaHut
FinalPizzaHut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 8/18/07 04:05 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Uhmm.,...
I'm actually refering to the commercialization of it, not how long it's been aroud really. Uhm, yeah, I said IDK how many times I'm not downing rap, just the stupid stuff that gets the attention, so...yeah..you're a little jumpy there buddy.

There's been commercial rap since the mid-eights. And you might not have bashed rap directly, but the entire premise of this thread is that rap is a joke that's gone on for too long.

BBS Signature
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:12 PM Reply

I don't like Metal music or Rap regardless of genres or categorizations.

but I think rap is the worse, and I hate it the most.

FinalPizzaHut
FinalPizzaHut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 8/18/07 04:11 PM, FinalPizzaHut wrote: There's been commercial rap since the mid-EIGHTIES. And you might not have bashed rap directly, but the entire premise of this thread is that rap is a joke that's gone on for too long.

Typo...

BBS Signature
headcrab
headcrab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:14 PM Reply

one question.... WTF IS HAIR METAL?

omgwtfbbqjizzstaindairyqueenroflolc opterskatespwnfacedinthefacewdalaza rfaceggnubcakesftw@4chan.

BBS Signature
flamedance58
flamedance58
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to See, the thing about rap is Aug. 18th, 2007 @ 04:15 PM Reply

Well considering how the music industry is going, we're more likely to see Japanese/German karaoke then the revival of "good" rap.

Though some bands have managed to pull off some good rap/rock mixtures...oh wait...those bands only play in my dreams.

Anyways up for Techno-Rap-Polka?

THIS IS MADNESS!

BBS Signature