What do you guys think ?

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-10-09 12:44:20 Reply

At 10/9/12 02:50 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: What do you guys think ?

I agree with some of what he says, but I do think he is a little harsh on some of the early tracks. Muse are clearly tinkering with a lot of ideas in the album, and I fully agree that not all of them come off, but the first 9 tracks for me all work as stand alone songs (not so well as an album admittedly). Not to everyone's tastes, but I personally enjoy all of them.

The last four are another story. I have nothing against tracks 10 and 11, but they are about as far from what I would want on a Muse album as possible. Track 11 in particular I quite like, but it sounds very like Foo Fighters etc, not Muse, and as such is a little disappointing.

Track 12 is the first Muse track ever that I can't bring myself to listen to (a shame after a nice intro), while 13 is simply a bit dull.

It does leave me craving the highs of Origin of Symmetry/ Absolution, and certainly is far from their best work, but there is enough on there to enjoy for me.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
sayomgwtf
sayomgwtf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-11-18 18:28:49 Reply

Muse Crew! I wanna join :3

My favorite album is Absolution. My top 3 songs are: Time is running out, Undisclosed Desires and Map of the Problematique.

I've got all their albums but the last one, I shall fix that sometime soon. Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to go to one of their concerts yet, but that's in the bucket list for sure.

I remember watching them on Live from Abbey Road years ago, this is one of my favorite songs from it:
http://youtu.be/SxTSItFr6Ls

Also, the performances in Later with Jools Holland are amazing too.

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-11-19 11:26:08 Reply

At 11/18/12 06:28 PM, sayomgwtf wrote:
I've got all their albums but the last one, I shall fix that sometime soon. Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to go to one of their concerts yet, but that's in the bucket list for sure.

I'm not sure where you are from, but they are doing a massive UK stadium tour next Spring/Summer. I am looking at getting tickets for the Emirates, but they are going all over the place. Well worth checking out, tickets are on sale Friday morning 9:30AM GMT.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
sayomgwtf
sayomgwtf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-11-19 14:49:42 Reply

At 11/19/12 11:26 AM, Sentio wrote: I'm not sure where you are from, but they are doing a massive UK stadium tour next Spring/Summer. I am looking at getting tickets for the Emirates, but they are going all over the place. Well worth checking out, tickets are on sale Friday morning 9:30AM GMT.

I'll check them out, thanks! :D