alextheDJ
alextheDJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-16 04:00:57 Reply

At 3/9/10 01:21 PM, UnknownFear wrote:
At 3/3/10 12:51 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: AAAAAHHH, just came back from the gig, it was so awesome. They played the first part of Exogenesis and during Plug in Baby they set loose a bunch of eyeball balloons that rained out confetti when popped. AND KOC AT THE END, I WANTED TO CRY. SO EARGASMIC. I don't even remember half the set at the moment because I'm still elated.
I KNOW!!!! I saw the exact same show last night but in Toronto. It was truly unbelievable!!!! I was shocked to even be there to see them perform :D Was an amazing night, and without a doubt an awesome band!!

Ditto! I just saw them in Nashville. Eargasmic Indeed! And Eyegasmic!

I took some clips of the show and posted them on Youtube Here

Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-17 01:08:43 Reply

Well i would like to join the ranks of this club. Cause I have really liked muse for some time now they are awesome. some of my favorite songs are "Plug In Baby", "Knights Of Cydonia", and "Uprising".

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-17 17:21:08 Reply

i saw them last saturday too. I was in the pit, pretty close. One of my friends was in the front row. The set was so cool, but i wasn't feeling too good, so i didnt enjoy the show as much as i should have.

eh.

BBS Signature
UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-17 17:54:01 Reply

At 3/16/10 04:00 AM, alextheDJ wrote: Ditto! I just saw them in Nashville. Eargasmic Indeed! And Eyegasmic!

I took some clips of the show and posted them on Youtube Here

OMG YES!!! Just watching it brings back memories.... God was it ever GOOD!!!

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-26 09:40:38 Reply

Did anyone get to go to the Wembley show in 07 or planning on going to the next one in September? I'm from the states, but I'm willing to throw down money for a plane ticket and tickets for the show to see them there. The videos look absolutely ridiculous. I'm thinking about going for a week and hitting up the September 11th concert.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-26 20:24:20 Reply

I went to their gig in 07, and assuming I get a job over summer, I plan on going to one of their september gigs.

They were absolutely incredible in 07. Phenomenal.

However, last time I saw them (in november), they played a reasonable amount of their stuff from The Resistance, which was a bit of a let down I must admit.

I'd go to see them, but pay hundreds of quid for flights and accommodation? I don't know man. Especially since they're half-way through a US tour at the moment.

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-26 21:10:56 Reply

At 3/26/10 08:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I went to their gig in 07, and assuming I get a job over summer, I plan on going to one of their september gigs.

They were absolutely incredible in 07. Phenomenal.

However, last time I saw them (in november), they played a reasonable amount of their stuff from The Resistance, which was a bit of a let down I must admit.

I'd go to see them, but pay hundreds of quid for flights and accommodation? I don't know man. Especially since they're half-way through a US tour at the moment.

I like 2 or 3 songs from The Resistance, but I do prefer their older stuff. I would be pretty upset if I didn't get to hear Micro Cuts, and I would be LIVID if I didn't get to hear Stockholm Syndrome. I don't know yet though. The U.S. just doesn't do concerts like you guys do. Plain and simple. Rock on the Range is one of the biggest concerts in the states that have bands I like, and after being there, I was still blown away by just the youtube video of the 07 show.

I've never been to the UK either, so I would probably do a lot more than just go to the Muse show, although it would definitely be the highlight. I just got interviewed by the factory that makes NFL footballs, including the super bowl ones, and if I can get that job there, then I'm gonna say fuck it and go, because the money won't be a huge deal, and being part of a sold out crowd at Wembley Fucking Stadium is something you can tell your grandkids about. All I want to ask you is will you remember that concert for the rest of your life?

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-26 21:15:38 Reply

Everyone knows the big gigs are shit compared to the cosy little ones :).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-27 09:11:54 Reply

Hahha I'll remember 07 for ages yet, it was amazing. And they played microcuts! :P

In all seriousness I doubt they'll play microcuts at wembley this year. Their maximum set size is probably around ~22 songs, and there's only so many non-hits that they can fit in. I mean they're pretty much guaranteed to play Sunburn, Plug in Baby, New Born, Feeling Good, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Hysteria, Map of the Problematique, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Knights of Cydonia, Resistance, Uprising, Unnatural Selection, United States of Eurasia, and Undisclosed Desires, those being their biggest hits.

That's 17 already, then the other five have to be appropriated around their other tracks, things like Exogenesis, MK Ultra, Bliss, etc, etc... so the chance of a specific song that's not one of their biggest hits being played is quite low.

BBS Signature
TheYoungblood
TheYoungblood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 16:48:04 Reply

Just heard Muse's new single prior to "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse". It's "Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)" and it released today. Not the same Muse musicality but still it is a good song for me.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 17:52:04 Reply

I can't wait to listen to people bitch about it solely because Stephanie Meyer has a good taste in music.

but it's not bad, fairly tedious but then i find most muse a bit devoid these days :x

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 17:54:52 Reply

At 5/17/10 05:52 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I can't wait to listen to people bitch about it solely because Stephanie Meyer has a good taste in music.
but it's not bad, fairly tedious but then i find most muse a bit devoid these days :x

It's cause Absolution is way better than anything they've ever done or will ever do again :P.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 18:12:59 Reply

Agreed. Revolution has got tired very quickly for me.

In fact I take back what I said about the new song... it's really really crap. Generic stadium rock with uninspired piano outro.

But what must be said is that I don't like it because of the actual music, rather than Stephanie Meyer. She actually has an amazing taste in music, in fact, Muse is one of the weak links (though not as weak as The Bravery) in the new film's soundtrack.

BBS Signature
Sir-Nuts
Sir-Nuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 19:39:12 Reply

I thought I should post in here again, after almost 2 years (aka before I went to the Muse concert in here :P );

Anyway, this new song isn't what I'd call ''good'' in Muse's standards. I agree with Nev - we will always compare their new material with Absolution / Black Holes songs. And yeah, The Resistance (not revolution :P ) isn't that great, although I really like some songs in there (Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, Exogenesis, Uprising...). But the rest is pretty tedious indeed. I got tired from Resistance (song) in a week, I think.

But yeah, we can't deny that Stephanie Meyer has a good taste in music. But, when it comes to make a thematic song for the movie... eh... :(

And, unfortunately, they didn't play Microcuts in the concert I attended. :(

One last thing: why didn't they come to South America in their current tour yet? >:(

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-18 03:09:49 Reply

At 5/17/10 06:12 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Agreed. Revolution has got tired very quickly for me.

asghdjkajkfskdags hgdsjhgsdjhjghsdjhgsd

wow i need more sleep

BBS Signature
gamerpeepinpa
gamerpeepinpa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-18 23:25:18 Reply

I haven't listened to it yet. I've actually been rather disinterested in Muse for a while. It took me about two days before the concert to actually start being excited about it, whereas I would've been freaking out the two weeks or so before the concert if I went to it, like, two years ago or something. But yeah. Hate to say it, but I think I might be moving on.

hi

UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-20 19:12:35 Reply

At 5/17/10 04:48 PM, TheYoungblood wrote: Just heard Muse's new single prior to "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse". It's "Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)" and it released today. Not the same Muse musicality but still it is a good song for me.

I also agree. Not a huge fan of it, but hey, it's decent. Wouldn't say it's a really awesome song by Muse, but it's pretty good.

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Muse Crew 2010-12-09 09:24:02 Reply

Just dropping by to say that Muse was absolutely awesome tonight :D great show they put on, great set, will post in the morning!

hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Muse Crew 2011-01-04 19:11:50 Reply

Imagine...Space Dementia...in...this...oh the shivers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan /04/muse-plan-gig-space

eh.

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-10-03 11:39:29 Reply

Anyone a fan of their new album? I can understand that a few Muse fans have gotten really sick of this band since The Resistance but I still love their music after all these years, even The 2nd Law (minus the dubstep influences of course).

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[ 3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Playstation ID: SCParry ]

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-10-03 16:28:01 Reply

At 10/3/12 11:39 AM, simon wrote: Anyone a fan of their new album? I can understand that a few Muse fans have gotten really sick of this band since The Resistance but I still love their music after all these years, even The 2nd Law (minus the dubstep influences of course).

I bought it on Monday, and barring one or two tracks I am really enjoying it. I absolutely love Supremacy, but like so many others have said the dubstep influence is lame, especially in the first 2nd law track. More piano/classical influence would have been nice like their early albums.

Still, I'm seeing them at the O2 in a few weeks and can't wait!

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-10-03 21:49:08 Reply

At 10/3/12 04:28 PM, Sentio wrote: Still, I'm seeing them at the O2 in a few weeks and can't wait!

Amazing live band, hope you have a great time because they're the bomb!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[ 3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Playstation ID: SCParry ]

BBS Signature
Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-10-06 19:21:55 Reply

Hmmm Listened to the album, is it sad that I only like Survival? I don't know seems like they whole idea of exploring new elements and genres is back firing.

Lunaful Is Awkwardly Honest. MSPA Crew

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-10-07 06:53:21 Reply

Didn't think I would but I actually love The 2nd Law. Not keen on Madness though, I like Supremacy, Panic Station and Animals the best.

god

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-10-09 02:50:44 Reply

What do you guys think ?

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-10-09 12:44:20 Reply

At 10/9/12 02:50 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: What do you guys think ?

I agree with some of what he says, but I do think he is a little harsh on some of the early tracks. Muse are clearly tinkering with a lot of ideas in the album, and I fully agree that not all of them come off, but the first 9 tracks for me all work as stand alone songs (not so well as an album admittedly). Not to everyone's tastes, but I personally enjoy all of them.

The last four are another story. I have nothing against tracks 10 and 11, but they are about as far from what I would want on a Muse album as possible. Track 11 in particular I quite like, but it sounds very like Foo Fighters etc, not Muse, and as such is a little disappointing.

Track 12 is the first Muse track ever that I can't bring myself to listen to (a shame after a nice intro), while 13 is simply a bit dull.

It does leave me craving the highs of Origin of Symmetry/ Absolution, and certainly is far from their best work, but there is enough on there to enjoy for me.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
sayomgwtf
sayomgwtf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-11-18 18:28:49 Reply

Muse Crew! I wanna join :3

My favorite album is Absolution. My top 3 songs are: Time is running out, Undisclosed Desires and Map of the Problematique.

I've got all their albums but the last one, I shall fix that sometime soon. Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to go to one of their concerts yet, but that's in the bucket list for sure.

I remember watching them on Live from Abbey Road years ago, this is one of my favorite songs from it:
http://youtu.be/SxTSItFr6Ls

Also, the performances in Later with Jools Holland are amazing too.

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-11-19 11:26:08 Reply

At 11/18/12 06:28 PM, sayomgwtf wrote:
I've got all their albums but the last one, I shall fix that sometime soon. Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to go to one of their concerts yet, but that's in the bucket list for sure.

I'm not sure where you are from, but they are doing a massive UK stadium tour next Spring/Summer. I am looking at getting tickets for the Emirates, but they are going all over the place. Well worth checking out, tickets are on sale Friday morning 9:30AM GMT.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
sayomgwtf
sayomgwtf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to The Muse Crew 2012-11-19 14:49:42 Reply

At 11/19/12 11:26 AM, Sentio wrote: I'm not sure where you are from, but they are doing a massive UK stadium tour next Spring/Summer. I am looking at getting tickets for the Emirates, but they are going all over the place. Well worth checking out, tickets are on sale Friday morning 9:30AM GMT.

I'll check them out, thanks! :D