00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Muse Crew

73,133 Views | 1,303 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-02-15 17:33:12

At 2/15/10 07:37 AM, Life-Stream wrote: New song ´Prague´, to be on the resistance single.
Fixed

Good song, although it wont trump my personal favourite New Born. That song is amazing and hopefully I shall get to witness it live...

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-02-15 22:11:07

In other news Muse are headlining Glastonbury.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-02-16 02:22:16

At 2/15/10 07:37 AM, Life-Stream wrote: New song ´Prague´, to be one the resistance single.

Nice cover of the song and it is rock n' roll, Muse style.

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-02-16 04:49:38

Muse's new music video released although it is copyrighted so, it is blocked on my country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2IuJPh6h _A&feature=sub

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-02-16 04:53:09

At 2/16/10 04:49 AM, TheYoungblood wrote: Muse's new music video released although it is copyrighted so, it is blocked on my country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2IuJPh6h _A&feature=sub

My bad. Wrong link, anyway... it is already old... sorry about that. Just loving the song it is my first time to hear it. Probably new to my ears so I must have known new.

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-02-20 05:14:21

So I actually think Muse got kicked out of my "Absolute Favorite Band" spot a long time ago but those things happen. I still love them though.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-02-20 22:31:29

Also, Glenn Beck plays Muse songs on his radio show regularly because of their "revolutionary lyrics." Icky.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-02-21 06:21:47

At 2/20/10 05:14 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: So I actually think Muse got kicked out of my "Absolute Favorite Band" spot a long time ago but those things happen. I still love them though.

And I think that I have that title in my perspective. Coldplay had that positions, stolen by The Killers, now, Muse and Vertical Horizon tied at that spot currently.

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-02-22 00:09:06

Songs by Muse I have overlooked and have just realized their beauty,

- Hate This and I'll Love You
- Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses Edit)
- Dead Star
- Megalomania
- Take a Bow
- Eternally Missed

Muse has too many good songs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-03 00:51:17

AAAAAHHH, just came back from the gig, it was so awesome. They played the first part of Exogenesis and during Plug in Baby they set loose a bunch of eyeball balloons that rained out confetti when popped. AND KOC AT THE END, I WANTED TO CRY. SO EARGASMIC. I don't even remember half the set at the moment because I'm still elated.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-04 00:18:33

At 3/3/10 12:51 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: AAAAAHHH, just came back from the gig, it was so awesome. They played the first part of Exogenesis and during Plug in Baby they set loose a bunch of eyeball balloons that rained out confetti when popped. AND KOC AT THE END, I WANTED TO CRY. SO EARGASMIC. I don't even remember half the set at the moment because I'm still elated.

I envy you dude so hard. Even though it goes with the same routine, same music playing and same props with those balloons and confettis inside as what I saw from the Resistance music video, it's still different when your eyes saw the whole concert. I wish they will visit the Philippines one time, although their hits are not as popular as the other Asian countries used to have Muse in their charts. They skipped the Philippines to visit Hon Kong then Singapore last month. :(

Any photos?

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-04 06:15:30

At 3/4/10 12:18 AM, TheYoungblood wrote: Any photos?

Check my FB.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-04 07:04:51

At 3/4/10 06:15 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: Check my FB.

Saw that. A bit blurry but awesome. Thanks for sharing, dude. Anyway, what's with that passport picture thingy?

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-04 13:27:40

At 3/4/10 07:04 AM, TheYoungblood wrote: Saw that. A bit blurry but awesome. Thanks for sharing, dude. Anyway, what's with that passport picture thingy?

http://muse.mu/news/article/514/be-a-par t-of-the-resistance-tour/

I sent in one but I'm quite sure they didn't use it. My mug was probably too ugly.

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-04 14:42:23

At 2/22/10 12:09 AM, Smileyfaceman wrote: Songs by Muse I have overlooked and have just realized their beauty,

- Hate This and I'll Love You

Finally, someone understands!

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-09 13:21:36

At 3/3/10 12:51 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: AAAAAHHH, just came back from the gig, it was so awesome. They played the first part of Exogenesis and during Plug in Baby they set loose a bunch of eyeball balloons that rained out confetti when popped. AND KOC AT THE END, I WANTED TO CRY. SO EARGASMIC. I don't even remember half the set at the moment because I'm still elated.

I KNOW!!!! I saw the exact same show last night but in Toronto. It was truly unbelievable!!!! I was shocked to even be there to see them perform :D Was an amazing night, and without a doubt an awesome band!!

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-16 04:00:57

At 3/9/10 01:21 PM, UnknownFear wrote:
I KNOW!!!! I saw the exact same show last night but in Toronto. It was truly unbelievable!!!! I was shocked to even be there to see them perform :D Was an amazing night, and without a doubt an awesome band!!

Ditto! I just saw them in Nashville. Eargasmic Indeed! And Eyegasmic!

I took some clips of the show and posted them on Youtube Here

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-17 01:08:43

Well i would like to join the ranks of this club. Cause I have really liked muse for some time now they are awesome. some of my favorite songs are "Plug In Baby", "Knights Of Cydonia", and "Uprising".

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-17 17:21:08

i saw them last saturday too. I was in the pit, pretty close. One of my friends was in the front row. The set was so cool, but i wasn't feeling too good, so i didnt enjoy the show as much as i should have.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-17 17:54:01

At 3/16/10 04:00 AM, alextheDJ wrote: Ditto! I just saw them in Nashville. Eargasmic Indeed! And Eyegasmic!

I took some clips of the show and posted them on Youtube Here

OMG YES!!! Just watching it brings back memories.... God was it ever GOOD!!!

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-26 09:40:38

Did anyone get to go to the Wembley show in 07 or planning on going to the next one in September? I'm from the states, but I'm willing to throw down money for a plane ticket and tickets for the show to see them there. The videos look absolutely ridiculous. I'm thinking about going for a week and hitting up the September 11th concert.

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-26 20:24:20

I went to their gig in 07, and assuming I get a job over summer, I plan on going to one of their september gigs.

They were absolutely incredible in 07. Phenomenal.

However, last time I saw them (in november), they played a reasonable amount of their stuff from The Resistance, which was a bit of a let down I must admit.

I'd go to see them, but pay hundreds of quid for flights and accommodation? I don't know man. Especially since they're half-way through a US tour at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-26 21:10:56

At 3/26/10 08:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I went to their gig in 07, and assuming I get a job over summer, I plan on going to one of their september gigs.

They were absolutely incredible in 07. Phenomenal.

However, last time I saw them (in november), they played a reasonable amount of their stuff from The Resistance, which was a bit of a let down I must admit.

I'd go to see them, but pay hundreds of quid for flights and accommodation? I don't know man. Especially since they're half-way through a US tour at the moment.

I like 2 or 3 songs from The Resistance, but I do prefer their older stuff. I would be pretty upset if I didn't get to hear Micro Cuts, and I would be LIVID if I didn't get to hear Stockholm Syndrome. I don't know yet though. The U.S. just doesn't do concerts like you guys do. Plain and simple. Rock on the Range is one of the biggest concerts in the states that have bands I like, and after being there, I was still blown away by just the youtube video of the 07 show.

I've never been to the UK either, so I would probably do a lot more than just go to the Muse show, although it would definitely be the highlight. I just got interviewed by the factory that makes NFL footballs, including the super bowl ones, and if I can get that job there, then I'm gonna say fuck it and go, because the money won't be a huge deal, and being part of a sold out crowd at Wembley Fucking Stadium is something you can tell your grandkids about. All I want to ask you is will you remember that concert for the rest of your life?

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-26 21:15:38

Everyone knows the big gigs are shit compared to the cosy little ones :).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-03-27 09:11:54

Hahha I'll remember 07 for ages yet, it was amazing. And they played microcuts! :P

In all seriousness I doubt they'll play microcuts at wembley this year. Their maximum set size is probably around ~22 songs, and there's only so many non-hits that they can fit in. I mean they're pretty much guaranteed to play Sunburn, Plug in Baby, New Born, Feeling Good, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Hysteria, Map of the Problematique, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Knights of Cydonia, Resistance, Uprising, Unnatural Selection, United States of Eurasia, and Undisclosed Desires, those being their biggest hits.

That's 17 already, then the other five have to be appropriated around their other tracks, things like Exogenesis, MK Ultra, Bliss, etc, etc... so the chance of a specific song that's not one of their biggest hits being played is quite low.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 16:48:04

Just heard Muse's new single prior to "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse". It's "Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)" and it released today. Not the same Muse musicality but still it is a good song for me.

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 17:52:04

I can't wait to listen to people bitch about it solely because Stephanie Meyer has a good taste in music.

but it's not bad, fairly tedious but then i find most muse a bit devoid these days :x

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 17:54:52

At 5/17/10 05:52 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I can't wait to listen to people bitch about it solely because Stephanie Meyer has a good taste in music.
but it's not bad, fairly tedious but then i find most muse a bit devoid these days :x

It's cause Absolution is way better than anything they've ever done or will ever do again :P.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 18:12:59

Agreed. Revolution has got tired very quickly for me.

In fact I take back what I said about the new song... it's really really crap. Generic stadium rock with uninspired piano outro.

But what must be said is that I don't like it because of the actual music, rather than Stephanie Meyer. She actually has an amazing taste in music, in fact, Muse is one of the weak links (though not as weak as The Bravery) in the new film's soundtrack.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2010-05-17 19:39:12

I thought I should post in here again, after almost 2 years (aka before I went to the Muse concert in here :P );

Anyway, this new song isn't what I'd call ''good'' in Muse's standards. I agree with Nev - we will always compare their new material with Absolution / Black Holes songs. And yeah, The Resistance (not revolution :P ) isn't that great, although I really like some songs in there (Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, Exogenesis, Uprising...). But the rest is pretty tedious indeed. I got tired from Resistance (song) in a week, I think.

But yeah, we can't deny that Stephanie Meyer has a good taste in music. But, when it comes to make a thematic song for the movie... eh... :(

And, unfortunately, they didn't play Microcuts in the concert I attended. :(

One last thing: why didn't they come to South America in their current tour yet? >:(