00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This any good?

2,406 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This any good? 2007-08-12 19:17:15

What do you guys think of this picture, is it any good?

This any good?

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 19:19:23

At 8/12/07 07:17 PM, PatientFlame wrote: What do you guys think of this picture, is it any good?

pretty good, what program did u use?

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 19:19:44

stolen?....if not yes it looks good ....if you did do that

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 19:21:37

o offense or anything, but... I doubt you really did that...

"If you brought your partici-pants, put 'em on!"

|Go Here|and Here|and Here|

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 19:28:50

well he never really said he drew it.
he just said "what do u think of this"

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 19:30:38

Why is that? It isn't hard =/

I used photoshop to ink the outlines and then I colored it with each colored area on a different layer. If you are interested I might post a tutorial on how to do it if I ever find enough time to do flash ~_~ (btw, you can tell I did it because there are some jagged lines and some coloring is messed up on the right side ^^;;;)

Here is another one I did, this one is just an arm though ~_~

This any good?

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 20:56:00

You guys still have trouble accepting that the art forum can have good art in it. If all you do is say "OMGZ STOLEN" without any evidence you're an asshole and should be banned.

If you read through his post history and look at the Flash that's he's done, your questions should be answered.

Next person to say anything about this being stolen without any convincing evidence will be banned.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 21:20:10

wow...thanks BlackmarketKraig ^^;;;;

You must have seen my work for the anime collab huh? I don't actually have flash submitted yet but I am working on it ><

BTW I hope you all don't think I claim this as my own character. Yes, I did draw it, but it is from an existing anime. I will make that more clear next time. anime is Moetan btw

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 22:58:49

why are you posting only tiny parts of your images?
The hell.

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 23:17:55

Can't we see the whole thing?

Response to This any good? 2007-08-12 23:22:19

At 8/12/07 08:56 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: You guys still have trouble accepting that the art forum can have good art in it. If all you do is say "OMGZ STOLEN" without any evidence you're an asshole and should be banned.

If you read through his post history and look at the Flash that's he's done, your questions should be answered.

Next person to say anything about this being stolen without any convincing evidence will be banned.

heh, what i always have said. But i'm no mod, so people don't respect me or listen.

Thanks for standing up and saying something. And for presenting the consequences .

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 00:10:54

At 8/12/07 10:58 PM, poxpower wrote: why are you posting only tiny parts of your images?
The hell.

those are going to be panels in a comic strip I am making my friend for her birthday. I only drew those parts because that is all I want to be showing.

Any more questions?

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 00:40:36

Looks good, but kind of weird you only want to show one part. But hey, it's your drawings.

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 06:46:14

At 8/12/07 07:17 PM, PatientFlame wrote: What do you guys think of this picture, is it any good?

yeh!!! that rules! keep up the good work 10/10

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 06:58:09

Honestly, you could get commisioned(?) easy doing that stuff.

Show us a full pic?

At 8/12/07 08:56 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Next person to say anything about this being stolen without any convincing evidence will be banned.

Make thread with all 'okay, now if you ___ ur banned'?

People could like, bookmark it.

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 08:18:06

I am currently working on a full body shot. I'll post updates if you want?

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 10:46:20

At 8/12/07 09:20 PM, PatientFlame wrote: wow...thanks BlackmarketKraig ^^;;;;

You must have seen my work for the anime collab huh? I don't actually have flash submitted yet but I am working on it ><

Yup, I saw the .swf's that you worked on when checking out your post history, good stuff. Interesting that you do the extreme closeup thing, but I guess that's your style..?

It's kind of becoming my pet peeve that people keep accusing others of stealing art without anything to back it up, at the very least they should check post history, the persons profile, website and any sites like deviantArt or Sheezy, and of course, if they're still suspicious Google images for the pics.

At 8/12/07 11:22 PM, Dile wrote:
heh, what i always have said. But i'm no mod, so people don't respect me or listen.

Thanks for standing up and saying something. And for presenting the consequences .

Thanks, I'm sure you must have gotten plenty of that when you first starting posting your stuff. People around here have really been jumping the gun about that, it's really not that hard to check around a bit. I dislike art thieves as much as anyone but I'm willing to do a little research before jumping to conclusions.

At 8/13/07 08:18 AM, PatientFlame wrote: I am currently working on a full body shot. I'll post updates if you want?

That would be awesome. Your stuff, that I've seen, is really nice. If you're doing a full picture with the same resolution as the pics that you've posted, you must be working with a very large canvas. I'd love to see more.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 12:30:54

At 8/12/07 08:56 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: You guys still have trouble accepting that the art forum can have good art in it. If all you do is say "OMGZ STOLEN" without any evidence you're an asshole and should be banned.

Possibly the scariest and yet the most awesome post I've ever seen by Blackmarketkraig.

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 12:32:36

At 8/13/07 10:46 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Yup, I saw the .swf's that you worked on when checking out your post history, good stuff. Interesting that you do the extreme closeup thing, but I guess that's your style..?

Feh, style, my ass. It's called zooming. Style is HOW you draw something, in this case, an originality overload called anime...

Here's a challenge for our anime-master/mistress/whateveryouare... draw a rabbit.
No offense, but I just wanna know if you are able of drawing anything else.

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 15:36:12

At 8/13/07 12:32 PM, test-object wrote:
Feh, style, my ass. It's called zooming. Style is HOW you draw something, in this case, an originality overload called anime...

Here's a challenge for our anime-master/mistress/whateveryouare... draw a rabbit.

"Style - The way in which something is said, done, expressed, or performed: a style of speech and writing."

One of the elements of style used in these pictures is the use of extreme close up. You're just being a troll trying to pick fights about the overall manga/anime style that many people use. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to look at it or comment on it. Don't be an asshole just because an artist chooses to draw a certain way.

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 16:37:52

people probably think its stolen because its anime, the most copied and played out style in existence.

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 18:43:20

Thank you for defending me ^^

You are right, I can't draw a rabbit. I could spend a bunch of time trying to get it right, but what would that prove? Why should I have to prove to you that I don't draw other things?

To all the people who are being as they said above "trolls" I am sorry you don't like the way I draw, but please just keep it to yourself.

To BlackmarketKraig- Thank you for defending me and stuff ^^

Response to This any good? 2007-08-13 22:39:19

heh, why aren't you banned yet ?
Opps, and you don't know what "style" is btw.

Response to This any good? 2007-08-14 06:34:32

i like everything but the eye.... it doesn't go with the rest of the picture.. a more defined pupil would fit better seeing as the figure is so defined

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-14 06:43:05

They're fantastic, you should make a deviantart account; there are a lot of animé artists there :)

Response to This any good? 2007-08-14 14:51:27

At 8/14/07 06:34 AM, RiotDemon wrote:
i like everything but the eye.... it doesn't go with the rest of the picture.. a more defined pupil would fit better seeing as the figure is so defined

Yes, unfortunately eyes are the bane of my existence >< I never have been able to make a really good eye.

Response to This any good? 2007-08-14 15:02:22

thats good i u made that

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-14 16:42:48

here's what i mean.. i apologize for the quality of my crummy eyeball..

This any good?

BBS Signature

Response to This any good? 2007-08-14 21:48:26

hmm, I will have try something else later, I seriously hate eyes =/

Response to This any good? 2007-08-15 01:49:50

I guess.... POP ?