00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is this foreign game?

835 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What is this foreign game? 2007-08-11 20:33:47

Okay, let's see, I want to do 2 things at once, and that's how this topic is born. I really have no idea where to ask this at so here's the starting pic. If you've ever been to some place outside you're country, and you see this game you're interested in, but have no idea how to play, then go draw from memory and put it here. Then hopefully, some wise person from the forum knows something about it and tells you what it is.

Unfortunately, I'm drawing this particular japanese game from memory, and it's a very sloppy sketch. So here's a totally different pic. Guess which Snes game is this character from? (She's supposed to be blonde, but it's still a work in progress)

Response to What is this foreign game? 2007-08-11 20:39:38

okay here's the sloppy sketch. I have no freak'n clue what this japanese game is called so google.com is utterly useless for me. I asked my mom to buy me this over a decade ago when I still lived in japan. (I dont speak japanese). I think it's a very common game in japan. the one she bought me is the Super Mario version of it.

See, it's like some kind of a wobbly tower that can balance itself but is really unstable. There's a dice included with 6 different colors. Shoot, I now remember that's it's 4 stories tall (not 3 stories tall from the picture I drew).

I think it's similar to that jenga game, where you add one pawn at a time and pary that your opponents' pawns all fall off and lose.

I think up to 2-4 players can play, but I'm not totally sure.

Anyone have any idea what game this is?

Response to What is this foreign game? 2007-08-12 05:24:51

I think up to 2-4 players can play, but I'm not totally sure.

Anyone have any idea what game this is?

Ive played the mexican version of this!!! the game has a 4 layered plastic sombrero! and marbles i dont know the name but i know how to play. each player takes turns placing marbles on the structure. The dice determines how many marbles you put on whoever topples the structure loses

Response to What is this foreign game? 2007-08-19 19:05:58

Oh my God, thank you!!!! But, I got a few more questions. You can put the pawns anywhere? (I always thought the four floors were differently colored for a purpose, but now, I'm starting to think it's just to look "pretty")

And how do you know how many pawns to put? (The dice doesn't have dots but a different colored circle on each side: red, green, yellow, blue, black and white). I'm thinking the color cordination is just for looks so they must not matter after reading your post.

I guess this game is more like a terrorist version of genga(spelling?) =P

Oh and since this topic has a second purpose, please critisize my Paula pic =]

Response to What is this foreign game? 2007-08-19 19:31:05

no idea what game that is
the drawing is ok but needs some more shadow, the dress color doesnt look good to me, the left side of her face needs to be changed (maybe change the eye and nose) and her shoes need some more work

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to What is this foreign game? 2007-08-19 20:43:28

I think I know this one!

Purple-ninja attack on green-haired asian blonde-brunette with detailed shading on skin.

Am I right?

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

/-/-/

BBS Signature