New Topic Respond to this Topic
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Th Futurama club. Jun. 6th, 2011 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 5/31/11 07:42 AM, Bahamut wrote: Not much has gone on recently. Then again, we've been without new Futurama episodes since Christmas but not to worry, new episodes will arrive next month! Sure, that might not apply to the UK but there are ways around it. ;)

Hey, they're asking for it!

I'll get around to these soon. I just need some time off work.

Oh wait, I've got the day off tomorrow!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Jun. 24th, 2011 @ 12:41 PM Reply

And they're back! The first episode had some funny ideas but the second episode was a true highlight.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

FirstBaby
FirstBaby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Th Futurama club. Jun. 26th, 2011 @ 07:36 PM Reply

Zoidberg with breasts? Anyone have a gun?

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
pico3me
pico3me
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Th Futurama club. Jun. 27th, 2011 @ 07:58 AM Reply

At 6/22/03 09:27 PM, The-Mercenary wrote: Sorry if I spelled it wrong, but anyone wanna join?

count me in

awsome

BBS Signature
The-Mercenary
The-Mercenary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Th Futurama club. Aug. 25th, 2011 @ 09:47 PM Reply

I'm going to revive this since they have more new episodes. God its been FOREVER since I posted here. Everyone that asked to join is in.

here is a question for everyone,

What is your favorite episode of Futurama? (all of them is not an answer)

shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Th Futurama club. Aug. 25th, 2011 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 8/25/11 09:47 PM, The-Mercenary wrote: I'm going to revive this since they have more new episodes. God its been FOREVER since I posted here. Everyone that asked to join is in.

I would have to say it's a five way tie between Luck of the Fryish, Jurassic Bark, or The Late Phillip J. Fry(I'll mention the other 2 in a moment). They're all so story heavy and have sad and happy moments. The other 2 are The Farnsworth Parabox and Time Keeps on Slippin'. I just love those two for so many reasons. Sorry I wrote so many, I just couldn't choose one.

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Th Futurama club. Aug. 26th, 2011 @ 03:28 AM Reply

At 8/25/11 09:47 PM, The-Mercenary wrote: What is your favorite episode of Futurama? (all of them is not an answer)

Lethal Inspection, no doubt. I actually teared up a little in the ending of it. That damn fucking song, mang.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Th Futurama club. Aug. 26th, 2011 @ 06:24 AM Reply

At 8/25/11 09:47 PM, The-Mercenary wrote: I'm going to revive this since they have more new episodes. God its been FOREVER since I posted here. Everyone that asked to join is in.

I like all of the sad-ish ones. Luck of the Fryish, The Late Phillip J. Fry, Jurassic Bark, Lethal Inspection The sting, Cold Warriors.. And the less sad ones I like are Rosewell that ends well, both Anthology of Interest, and Obsoletely Fabulous.

I don't really like the newer episodes much, but the episode that came on tonight (Cold Warriors) was really good.

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Aug. 26th, 2011 @ 09:04 AM Reply

Best five episodes for me are Space Pilot 3000, The Farnsworth Parabox, The Sting, The Late Philip J. Fry and Why Must I Be a Crustacean in Love.

At 8/26/11 06:24 AM, Jolly wrote: I don't really like the newer episodes much, but the episode that came on tonight (Cold Warriors) was really good.

The weakest episodes from the second half of season 6 are Neutopia and Law and Oracle but that's a good sign considering the rest have been a lot better and prove the justification of the revival from the show. Well, The Late Philip J. Fry did that already but this is further building on. Hell, I just love the characters they've created for some episodes such as Yo Leela Leela and Möbius Dick. It's amazing the show still has many great ideas for new characters, even if they're only making a single appearance in the show.

Formerly Bahamut

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Th Futurama club. Aug. 26th, 2011 @ 09:40 AM Reply

List of my five favorites: Luck of the Fryish, Jurassic Bark, Roswell that Ends Well, Godfellas, and The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Aug. 27th, 2011 @ 12:26 AM Reply

Oh god a favourites list? I have to join!

The Luck of the Fryrish
A Flight to Remember
The Farnsworth Parabox
Fry and the Slurm Factory
Parasites Lost

It's hard to make a list up really. Season 1 to 4 I could watch all episodes repeatedly and have done many many times. I guess I just felt more with these episodes for personal reasons. Like A Flight To Remember I mainly consider a favourite as it seemed everytime I saw Futurama being played on Sky1 then it would be that episode so my family had a joke about it. The bottom 3 I just consider really quite fun. I'm likely missing some Zapp related episodes which I can't think of right now. Totally my favourite character. Luck of the Fryish is just like the greatest episode ever imo. It's perfect, and thankfully doesn't reduce me to MUCH a weeping mess unlike Jurassic Bark which I just cannot watch unless I feel like crying for 22 minutes.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Sep. 10th, 2011 @ 06:26 AM Reply

Well that's it for Futurama until next Summer. The last episode was definitely a fun one for putting the show in different animation styles. The first two segments had some really plain plots while the last had the most thought into a decent plot. For the next season of Futurama, I'll just have to see what they have to offer but they will need their thinking caps to keep it on par with the quality of the better episodes of season 6.

Formerly Bahamut

Vidaria
Vidaria
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Th Futurama club. Sep. 10th, 2011 @ 11:41 PM Reply

I have to say i hated the last episode. I didn't find the storylines to be funny or heartwarming or anything. I never thought I would say this about futurama, but i was actually BORED while watching this episode.

I liked the idea of different animation styles...i just wished they hadn't made such crappy stories to go along with a good idea.

Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Save Lives.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 12:35 AM Reply

I totally loved the last episode personally. It was nice to have a bit of fun in there really in the finale. Also the episode before with Clocked Bender was awesome too. Great end to the series imo.

What I liked most about the last episode was how each segment had a joke in it about the viewers not being able to see what the characters could see. In the black and white one they got a new shade of colour - we could only see it as another tone of grey. The 8-bit animation had the professor finding the smallest possible unit of matter and to us that is just one single pixel, which is the smallest unit in terms of that kind of animation. And of course the Anime bit with its hilarious Zoidberg dancing which we cannot see due to the whole following Amine protocol of panning faces and words while the exchange happens.

Really I thought it was a clever and enjoyable different kind of episode. Plus the beginning just cracked me up enough that I loved everything afterwards regardless. When Fry and Leela in the black and white world, where they were just holding hands on the balcony of the Planet Express building watching the city and all it's typical Steambot Willie style with the bouncing background buildings and them too silently bobbing constantly and Leela just says "It's the stillness I love" or something. Its just brilliant.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the new series a lot more than I was a month ago.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 04:12 AM Reply

At 9/11/11 04:01 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote: So wait, what? I was watching them on sky 1

Oh I don't quite watch most television shows legally these days. Sky and Virgin and all that lot cost too much and I am but a poorly paid worker with more important bills. Like electricity and the internet that come first ;(

I'd be happy to send you a link to a decent site for streaming shows and films - over PM of course. We shouldn't discuss such things here.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 08:33 AM Reply

At 9/10/11 11:41 PM, Vidaria wrote: I liked the idea of different animation styles...i just wished they hadn't made such crappy stories to go along with a good idea.

It's funny, because although they were basic storylines, they've had basic ideas before such as reintroducing common cold in the future but there was a lot of depth to that. For that reason, they could have put more thought into the storylines for the first and second segments but at least there was something for the last one.

At 9/11/11 04:12 AM, Gagsy wrote: I'd be happy to send you a link to a decent site for streaming shows and films - over PM of course. We shouldn't discuss such things here.

Yeah. as a mod, I say we shouldn't have the links here but PM is OK. And besides, fuck them for making British viewers wait. I'd actually watch them on TV if they didn't take forever to come out over here.

Formerly Bahamut

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Th Futurama club. Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 08:46 AM Reply

It's terrible because I love Futurama but cannot name episodes, seen every episode up to season 4, Benders Big Score and parts of the other 3 films, and up to about episode 18 of Season 6.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 08:57 AM Reply

At 9/11/11 08:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah. as a mod, I say we shouldn't have the links here but PM is OK.

Duh, I know that Bahamut. No need to get all commanding. We're not in the bedroom now.

And besides, fuck them for making British viewers wait. I'd actually watch them on TV if they didn't take forever to come out over here.

I guess we should be grateful that it's a lot sooner these days then it used to be like 5 or 10 years ago for American shows to be broadcast. The problem to me is that I use the internet, a lot. Avoiding spoilers can be be trying to play Minesweeper on hard if you can't count. You're going to hit a mine while trying very hard not to.

As long as we continue to pledge our undying love to good tv with the buying of dvd boxsets then does it really matter?

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 09:03 AM Reply

At 9/11/11 08:57 AM, Gagsy wrote: As long as we continue to pledge our undying love to good tv with the buying of dvd boxsets then does it really matter?

True that. The DVDs were what got Futurama popular and I'd be willing to buy the DVD/Blu-ray on day one. Maybe I can buy the Nibbler plush for additional support to the franchise.

Formerly Bahamut

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 10:34 AM Reply

After a long wait for this miserable year, Futurama is back and I enjoyed the first two episodes to kick off season 7, even if they've made some continuity errors with the first one.

Also, don't ever force Futurama memes in your episodes ever again.

Formerly Bahamut

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Th Futurama club. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 6/21/12 06:28 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: And as for the "not sure if" meme in the first episode, I thought it was pretty funny. It's not like it was shoved in our faces, or anything, it was just an interesting shout-out to the fans.

Internet memes are the scum of humour. It didn't help when they had to throw in the line "Shut up and give me my loco." When Fry said that line, you could tell Billy West wasn't that enthusiastic to say that line.

I suppose this can be forgiven as long as they don't force the "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." line anywhere. Now that would be a new low for the show.

Formerly Bahamut

cwh326341h7
cwh326341h7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Th Futurama club. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 12:26 PM Reply

At 6/22/03 09:27 PM, The-Mercenary wrote: Sorry if I spelled it wrong, but anyone wanna join?

of course i'll join your club i love the show!

DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Th Futurama club. Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 09:32 PM Reply

I know I am a little late to the party, but I would like to join up.
I've been checking out the new episodes, and to be honest I didn't like them as much.
But to be fair, that is how I felt in the first episodes of the last season, and eventually they seemed a lot better the second time watching.
I did like the 3012 doomsday one, but the ending was kind of weird to me.

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature