00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AVKid4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My zombies

1,427 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My zombies 2007-07-23 23:21:58

ok i just want to say i never really tried drawing zombies b4 these r only zombie heads not full bodys but either way i worked hard on them. kinda. i just want to know what u guys think about them and any tips or critique u want to say. just if u think its bad tell me y. i got 2 to show. 1 with photoshop and 1 with flash they arent the same except the pose. the one for flash is bad quality n i dont know how to fix it also :/ (i dont normally use it this is my first and i saved it as a gif so that might b y?)

anyway i hope u like them n im ready to hear it u can rate it just give me y n what would make it work out better.
first the photoshop one

My zombies

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-23 23:28:29

my 2 done with flash

My zombies

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 00:15:40

nice

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 00:18:42

this is so weird, i actually turned into that look after i witnessed that pic

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 00:45:06

these arnt horrible but using thiner lines and taking the time add more and more detail can always help ur picture

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 02:37:13

At 7/23/07 11:21 PM, DarkEclipse50 wrote: I just want to know what u guys think about them and any tips or critique u want to say.
anyway i hope u like them n im ready to hear it u can rate it just give me y n what would make it work out better.
first the photoshop one

I think it's alright but it could use some work.

I don't know anything about photoshop but I'm pretty sure you should be able to smooth out the zombie's skin and make it one smooth line and not have those thicker areas like on his forhead.
The ear is a little too square (No big deal) and the head wound doesn't look right to me. I don't know what it should look like but yeah.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do with those red dots in his eyes but I think it needs changing. I don't see a good way to change it because If you'd do it my way it'd come out looking like the zombie just toaked up.
You should straighten the teeth and not have that canine so sharp. And I think the toungue looks silly but you can do what you want.
I won't say anything about the shading because I don't know jackshit.
Maybe you don't want an ultra realistic looking zombie but I'm just trying to help. It looks pretty good.
I think the teeth are the main problem. Good luck.

You will bow to me!

plzdntban

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 04:15:09

Needs:
Yellower teeth... ever saw a zombie using Colgate?
He needs to frown: He has eyebrows, but isn't using them.
Better Shading. The hole in his head must be WAAAAY darker. Now it looks like it's popping out.
The tongue is obviously not a tongue. Make it smoother. It's a straight line at the moment.

My zombies

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 05:56:41

tbh your first one looks like a retard with the toung nd stuff if, i havent seen a zombie with a toung befor really but there probaly have been befor the second one is better byfar but as some guy said here "have you ever seen a zombie use colgate" its true the teeth are to white

"what is love? baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more"

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 09:48:54

Thanks for all the tips ill keep trying n stuff too. remember these r my first zombie drawings too so yea... im not exactally good at drawing blood really. normally i keep to black n white but now i wanna open up more im tired of drawing in black n white all the time:P
u mention it these didnt really come out too good :/ but ill keep trying u guys help alot ill work on the photoshop first

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 09:52:42

At 7/24/07 05:56 AM, CyberStrike wrote: tbh your first one looks like a retard with the toung nd stuff if, i havent seen a zombie with a toung befor really but there probaly have been befor the second one is better byfar but as some guy said here "have you ever seen a zombie use colgate" its true the teeth are to white

Not trying to pic-spam, but I searched for a tongue that was somewhere similar to the position. Too bad this dog was first.

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 09:54:58

The first ones nice not sure on the second one as the first looks like you have a more realistic zombie (yes i no there not real, sort of :P) in terms of colour. The second one is green which just looks a bit weird to me but just my thoughts there still both good

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 10:57:09

ok i made him paler and made the wound darker got rid of the tounge and made his teth yellower and added some more details n stuff hope u guys like it :D

My zombies

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 10:59:18

At 7/24/07 09:54 AM, bluid wrote: The first ones nice not sure on the second one as the first looks like you have a more realistic zombie (yes i no there not real, sort of :P) in terms of colour. The second one is green which just looks a bit weird to me but just my thoughts there still both good

The green one i was going for more of a cartoonish look cause with flash u cant do the same stuff as with photoshop. and i havent used flash b4 really either :D

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 11:02:38

At 7/24/07 09:52 AM, test-object wrote:
At 7/24/07 05:56 AM, CyberStrike wrote: tbh your first one looks like a retard with the toung nd stuff if, i havent seen a zombie with a toung befor really but there probaly have been befor the second one is better byfar but as some guy said here "have you ever seen a zombie use colgate" its true the teeth are to white
Not trying to pic-spam, but I searched for a tongue that was somewhere similar to the position. Too bad this dog was first.

Honestly ive seen that tounge b4 at a record store Vintage Vynal (thats not how u spell it o.o) the drawing was made by a guy named Leeoch either thats his last name or his nickname. it was a really sick picture n i liked that style of drawing

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 13:58:48

At 7/24/07 04:15 AM, test-object wrote: Needs:
Yellower teeth... ever saw a zombie using Colgate?
He needs to frown: He has eyebrows, but isn't using them.
Better Shading. The hole in his head must be WAAAAY darker. Now it looks like it's popping out.
The tongue is obviously not a tongue. Make it smoother. It's a straight line at the moment.

lol no i never seen that exactally but i changed it. n i kinda wanted the zombie to look kinda slow. u no like not retarded but slow :P.

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 15:51:16

I think his teeth look gold now, should be a few shades whiter. And I still think you should remake all the teeth and straighten them out.

You will bow to me!

plzdntban

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 16:15:17

I guess zombies love newgrounds...

My zombies

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 18:42:35

At 7/24/07 04:15 PM, Superguitar wrote: I guess zombies love newgrounds...

that rocks of course they do, who doesn't?

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 22:52:37

ok i refined the lines and i made the teeth yellower and i also tried adding light spots on where the surface would b kinda slimey

My zombies

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 23:05:09

lol what would give u that idea?
interesting pic....

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 23:28:18

wow this looks actually pretty good i think thank you guys for the help. ne more stuff u think i should add just tell me this is comin out really good. i never thught that adding a few dots of white would make that big of a difference

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-24 23:53:10

ok guys im goin to sleep ill check back on this in the morning peace

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-25 00:12:50

That's fucking great, man. But I think you should have some blood/brains dripping down from his mouth, and take out the pupils from his eyes (they add too much "human-ness" to it).

Grafitti Crew, defacing the world since 2006

Tom Fulp is a sexy beast.

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-25 00:34:15

At 7/25/07 12:12 AM, AllAmericanPsycho wrote: That's fucking great, man. But I think you should have some blood/brains dripping down from his mouth, and take out the pupils from his eyes (they add too much "human-ness" to it).

ill try to add blood n brains tomorrow but im not to good at that tho but ill figure it out. n i wanna leace the eyes but ill make them grayer like a medium-light gray

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-25 00:49:15

Add some scratches, some guts, gore whatever that just represents hell :D
And where there are openings and cuts, add some blood dripping a bit everywhere; they're not that dry xD
And don't be scared of shading + color :D

WOO.

Response to My zombies 2007-07-25 00:57:51

At 7/24/07 10:57 AM, DarkEclipse50 wrote: ok i made him paler and made the wound darker got rid of the tounge and made his teth yellower and added some more details n stuff hope u guys like it :D

doest really look like " THE TERRIBLE UNDEAD WOOOOOOOOO" if seen that guy, ide tell him to get his head patched up and go to the dentist

thanks stonecoldsoul!!!! PS3 lounge FTW!! Pm me for my real user name. the most uber post of all TIME!

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-25 01:02:05

i understand. this is a work in progress ya no

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-25 10:16:36

ok i tried adding what u guys said im not done with this pic i am just today. i got alot of shit to do.

My zombies

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-25 12:29:15

ok heres an update to it i added more cuts blood n stuff like that

My zombies

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to My zombies 2007-07-25 16:01:10

anything else i should do?
not quite sure

Why do i try to be nice?