New Topic Respond to this Topic
I-Kicked-Your-Dog
I-Kicked-Your-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Help With Background Colors.... Jun. 14th, 2001 @ 08:38 PM Reply

Hey, I already made a movie w/ 912 frames, and I left the background color white. I want to make the background flash different colors every frame. I only want it to use a certain amount of colors though.

Is there any easier way I can do this without going through all 912 seperate frames and using the fill tool to change the background color?

thanks...

TFX
TFX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Help With Background Colors.... Jun. 15th, 2001 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 6/14/01 08:38 PM, I_Kicked_Your_Dog wrote: Hey, I already made a movie w/ 912 frames, and I left the background color white. I want to make the background flash different colors every frame. I only want it to use a certain amount of colors though.

Is there any easier way I can do this without going through all 912 seperate frames and using the fill tool to change the background color?

thanks...

The best way to do this is to have multiple 'Blank' symbols for the backgrounds. What do I mean? Take your square tool and stretch it beyond the boundaries so it acts as a background (in the bottom layer, presumably Layer 1). Save this giant square as a symbol (I usually call it Blank(insert color). So, a big white square I would call 'Blankwhite') Create these big squares of the different colors you want, keeping in mind to save them as symbols, or they'll get disorganized.

Now that you have all your 'Blankcolor' squares, here's what you do: you should already have one square in place in the background. The best way to do something like this is to have it go in a pattern, or it'll take forever to put in background. (in the end, every frame in Layer 1 (or your background) will be a keyframe). Let's suppose you have 12 different Blankcolors; put one of these blocks in a different frame all lined up and everything. When you're done with this, highlight the 12 frames and right-click 'Copy Frames'. In the next empty frame (there should only be 12 keyframes at the moment, so, frame 13) right-click 'Paste frames'. Continue to do so until satisfied. This is redundant, but that's the major disadvantage of having many backgrounds in a quick amount of time.

Help With Background Colors....

Pants01
Pants01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Help With Background Colors.... Jun. 17th, 2001 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 6/14/01 08:38 PM, I_Kicked_Your_Dog wrote: Hey, I already made a movie w/ 912 frames, and I left the background color white. I want to make the background flash different colors every frame. I only want it to use a certain amount of colors though.

What are you trying to do, give people epileptic seizers?