cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:37:35 Reply

I have a prediction:

Since everyone has been getting so worked up about the redesign, since it is getting so much hype and everyone is going crazy with anticipation, people are going to be horribly disappointed when it actually comes. It might be fine and dandy at first, but people are going to have all sorts of things to complain about within a day or two, worse than the current complaints that people have about the delay of redesign.

I predict that numerous threads will be made over the course of the first few months, with various things people will gripe about, many people saying things that amount to "I wish they never made a redesign, I want the old one back" or "They should have done this, why the hell did they do that?" etc...

I already know people will complain about the sig size, which according to a thread a while back is going to be longer, but skinnier, making picture-themed sigs even harder to create than they are now. Expect all kinds of things like that. There may even be glitches or problems that will make the new redesign no where near as glorious as people believe it will be, and they will bitch and moan accordingly.

So mark my words, the redesign is going to be a flop, and people are going to cry about it and I will laugh.

Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:38:40 Reply

Yeah, I agree.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
UberBarista
UberBarista
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:39:24 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:37 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: So mark my words, the redesign is going to be a flop, and people are going to cry about it and I will laugh.

Awful sure of yourself for someone who hasn't a clue about it.

life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:39:42 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:38 AM, life wrote: Yeah, I agree.

I changed my mind.

I disagree.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
liljimmy2
liljimmy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:41:26 Reply

never underestimate tom...

Smoke bongs, sing songs. Lost at sea.

Terminator
Terminator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:41:29 Reply

A horrible vision of things to come.

Is what I would say if you had any idea about what we're expecting.

But you don't.

BBS Signature
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:42:19 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:39 AM, life wrote:
I changed my mind.

I disagree.

Now I don't know how I feel. I need to think about this one.

BBS Signature
SardonicSamurai
SardonicSamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:42:26 Reply

I changed my mind.

I disagree.

You're pretty good at persuading yourself

BBS Signature
Kaputnik
Kaputnik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:44:13 Reply

I don't care either way because NG is not my fucking life.

cough cough

BBS Signature
UberBarista
UberBarista
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:45:04 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:42 AM, life wrote: Now I don't know how I feel. I need to think about this one.

Try this:

Believe what you want to believe.

works for cellerdoor6...
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:45:29 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:42 AM, life wrote:
I changed my mind.

I disagree.
Now I don't know how I feel. I need to think about this one.

Yeah, I have decided to stick with disagree. Well played cellar door six.

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:45:49 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:39 AM, UberBarista wrote:
At 7/16/07 04:37 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: So mark my words, the redesign is going to be a flop, and people are going to cry about it and I will laugh.
Awful sure of yourself for someone who hasn't a clue about it.

You're misunderstanding me.

I myself am excited about it. But by "flop" I mean that it's not going to live up to the expectations in the minds of a lot of NGers, and this will cause inevitable complaints.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:47:33 Reply

...Does it really matter? Honestly?

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
UberBarista
UberBarista
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:48:17 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:45 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: You're misunderstanding me.

Nope. Crystal clear.

I myself am excited about it. But by "flop" I mean that it's not going to live up to the expectations in the minds of a lot of NGers, and this will cause inevitable complaints.

Do I need to repeat my first post?

thedude27
thedude27
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:49:01 Reply

wha??? theres gonna be a redesing of newgrounds?
whend this happen?

"your bed is a car" <- line from one of the greatest comedys of all time.

omfgItsZoidy
omfgItsZoidy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:50:06 Reply

Well, as long as it has taken it better make me cry with joy or I will be pissed.

<3

BBS Signature
liljimmy2
liljimmy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:50:40 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:49 AM, thedude27 wrote: wha??? theres gonna be a redesing of newgrounds?
whend this happen?

*Gazes blankly* where were you? (unless that be sarcasm)

Smoke bongs, sing songs. Lost at sea.

Spanish-Castle-Magic
Spanish-Castle-Magic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:51:35 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:49 AM, thedude27 wrote: wha??? theres gonna be a redesing of newgrounds?
whend this happen?

Where have you been buddy?

I feel like typing today...

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:55:36 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:48 AM, UberBarista wrote:
At 7/16/07 04:45 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: You're misunderstanding me.
Nope. Crystal clear.

Nope, obviously it's not. Because you're assuming that I have my own pessimistic predictions of what MY opinion will be of the redesign. I am personally excited for it, and I think it will be great.

Do I need to repeat my first post?

No, because saying something that is wrong twice doesn't give it any more credibility.

You were looking for me to say something I didn't, and you interpreted it that way which is to say, incorrectly. You wanted to believe that I was bashing the redesign itself, I wasn't though. I was simply predicting that individual NGers (not me) are going to complain about, due to what will be perceived as its shortcomings or problems, shortcomings and problems that will not affect me at all, other than causing me to laugh at the people who were creaming their pants in anticipation before, but are going to be complaining when it actually comes.

I believe people would complain about it no matter how good it would be. That's the point.

BBS Signature
DingoTheDog
DingoTheDog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:57:21 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:55 AM, cellardoor6 wrote:
I believe people would complain about it no matter how good it would be. That's the point.

Like the Matrix Sequels?

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 04:59:04 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:57 AM, DingoTheDog wrote:
At 7/16/07 04:55 AM, cellardoor6 wrote:
Like the Matrix Sequels?

Well no, because the Matrix Sequels did fucking suck.

BBS Signature
DingoTheDog
DingoTheDog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 05:02:18 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:59 AM, cellardoor6 wrote:
Like the Matrix Sequels?
Well no, because the Matrix Sequels did fucking suck.

oh yeah.... you got me there.

Kill Bill?

BBS Signature
JohnnyUtah
JohnnyUtah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Artist
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 05:03:39 Reply

At 7/16/07 04:37 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: I have a prediction:

Since everyone has been getting so worked up about the redesign, since it is getting so much hype and everyone is going crazy with anticipation, people are going to be horribly disappointed when it actually comes. It might be fine and dandy at first, but people are going to have all sorts of things to complain about within a day or two, worse than the current complaints that people have about the delay of redesign.

I predict that numerous threads will be made over the course of the first few months, with various things people will gripe about, many people saying things that amount to "I wish they never made a redesign, I want the old one back" or "They should have done this, why the hell did they do that?" etc...

I already know people will complain about the sig size, which according to a thread a while back is going to be longer, but skinnier, making picture-themed sigs even harder to create than they are now. Expect all kinds of things like that. There may even be glitches or problems that will make the new redesign no where near as glorious as people believe it will be, and they will bitch and moan accordingly.

So mark my words, the redesign is going to be a flop, and people are going to cry about it and I will laugh.

you know, you are the biggest negative nancy Ive ever seen on this site.

ive seen so many site redesigns that were just more cluttered, ad filled nonsense, but thats not us. when it launches, you should all spend atleast half an hour going through everything before making judgement...there's no way you'd want the old site back.

and thanks to jim and ross, adding new features is easier than ever before - many of which are planned out, but everything takes time.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature
SardonicSamurai
SardonicSamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 05:06:40 Reply

I really don't care.

I'm happy with how the site is now. Sure, there are some things that could be improved, and quite a few new things that would make the site even cooler, but I really don't mind the wait.

The site is just a place I go to when I'm bored, want to watch some flash, and basically relax after work if I'm not goin out. It's as simple as that.

I'm not saying that I don't want the redesign; actually, I'd love to see some of the stuff they've cooked up, but I know hyping things up IS a bad thing, so I'll just be patient and wait.

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 05:10:53 Reply

At 7/16/07 05:03 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote: you know, you are the biggest negative nancy Ive ever seen on this site.

Realism is sometimes negative. But I'm lighthearted about it, as I said, I'm going to laugh because it entertains me. It will make me laugh because complaints are inevitable, and the complaints are going to be incredibly ridiculous.

ive seen so many site redesigns that were just more cluttered, ad filled nonsense, but thats not us. when it launches, you should all spend atleast half an hour going through everything before making judgement...there's no way you'd want the old site back.

Well that's just swell, but you're not grasping the concept of my what I'm saying which is that people are going to complain no matter what. There will be complaints about what will be inevitable, ridiculously irrelevant little mistakes or shortcomings in the eyes of individual users, especially users who have given the redesign so much hype.

Or maybe not, maybe I'm wrong. I can only hope that the redesign will be so incredibly mindblowing that everyone will have a mental orgasm and nobody will complain and everyone will be 100% satisfied about it. But knowing human nature, that's not going to happen. People will find anything to complain about, and when they do, I'm there to laugh about their nonsense, because I do that, I take joy in the ridiculous behavior of other people, it gives me glee.

BBS Signature
JohnnyUtah
JohnnyUtah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Artist
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 05:16:58 Reply

At 7/16/07 05:10 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: Well that's just swell, but you're not grasping the concept of my what I'm saying which is that people are going to complain no matter what. There will be complaints about what will be inevitable, ridiculously irrelevant little mistakes or shortcomings in the eyes of individual users, especially users who have given the redesign so much hype.
Or maybe not, maybe I'm wrong. I can only hope that the redesign will be so incredibly mindblowing that everyone will have a mental orgasm and nobody will complain and everyone will be 100% satisfied about it. But knowing human nature, that's not going to happen. People will find anything to complain about, and when they do, I'm there to laugh about their nonsense, because I do that, I take joy in the ridiculous behavior of other people, it gives me glee.

I was following you champ. I mean this is newgrounds people bitch about EVERYTHING here. I was trying to reason with the would-be complainers before that happened.

anyways cellar, I hope you like it.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature
SardonicSamurai
SardonicSamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 05:20:20 Reply

If it makes you feel any better, most of the people that will complain are little children (and sometimes the average retard) that haven't a clue about any form of designing or programming skills.

I'm not a genius when it comes to programming, but if I dislike something, I'll probably shrug it off and just remember they built it all from scratch again.

BBS Signature
SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 05:24:04 Reply

I've been kinda bored ever since I hit EGSC (since B/P'ing is what the majority of my Newgrounds time has been occupied with), so really anything new is going to please me. Hell, even if the levels were the only change, it'd make me happy.

Might even take away the blam fatigue... :-D

slash shall return

Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 05:26:23 Reply

At 7/16/07 05:16 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote: anyways cellar, I hope you like it.

There better be an improved, integrated chat, God help me if their isn't a better chat, with emoticons and sounds and variable fonts. </complain>

BBS Signature
Rague
Rague
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Mark my words... 2007-07-16 05:27:45 Reply

So this is what LostChances parodied.