New Topic Respond to this Topic
Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:25 PM Reply

The would-be publisher of violent stealth-action game Manhunt 2 has vowed to release the controversial title following its outright banning in the UK and its de facto banning in the US. Take-Two Interactive executives said the company stood by the title, which it called "art," and promised it would eventually see a release.

Take-Two chairman Strauss Zelman stressed that he believed the company took its social responsibility very seriously. "We also have hundreds of extraordinarily talented people who have worked on this title for three years, and supporting their creative vision and bringing it to consumers as unvarnished and unchanged as possible is crucial to us," he said during the call.

The chairman added that Take-Two subsidiary Rockstar Games, which publishes Manhunt and the Grand Theft Auto series, sees itself as a producer of games rated M for Mature. However, Zelman did say Take-Two would stand by its game, even if it bore the dreaded AO for Adults Only rating. "We don't see ourselves in the Adults Only business," he told analysts listening to the call. "Having said that, if we find ourselves in the Adults Only business, it would be because we have a title that we consider art and entertainment, that we consider if appropriately labelled AO, and that we would like to bring to market."

Zelman also was critical of the American rating system, where the game received an Adults Only rating from the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, a certificate intended to ensure that products don't make it into the hands of those under 18. However, the majority of major retailers refuse to stock adult only rated products, and Sony and Nintendo also refuse to allow AO rated games on to their consoles.

The chairman pondered, "What is the purpose of a rating if it means effectively that a title cannot be released?...Having a rating that we don't think is appropriate is one issue, obviously, and a separate issue would be if we feel the rating is appropriate and we can't bring it to market…that seems somewhat nonsensical."

This kicks ass I can't wait to play it so glad it's not getting censored

Jesus-Owns-X
Jesus-Owns-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:28 PM Reply

sweet im definetly buying it

Serious business in here.
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not religious. My friend picked my name.

BBS Signature
devilchrono
devilchrono
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:29 PM Reply

Uhm where in that does it say that it's being released it only says that they aren't changing the content. >.<

superstatguy
superstatguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate

No one is going to sell it, and those who do are going to have many protests from the man with the smallest penis on Earth, known to you as Jack Thompson

Far away, across the field, the tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells.......

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy

Thank god..

I was obsessed with the first for the longest time, and when I heard they might plan on censoring it, I broke down in tears.

Yay for no censors.

ok

BBS Signature
<deleted>

Score one for the good guys I can't wait for that game to come out.

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:30 PM Reply

All this bullshit will play directly into the hands of Rockstar, including here in the UK, where I bet it will be phenomenally popular.

Rockstar are the masters at heating up the censors to earn themselves more money. Everything that is controversial is even more tempting to analyse and understand. Censors didn't stop the Sex Pistols, or Me So Horny, or Bodycount - in fact, I'm sure you can all think of thousands of examples.

Bladezguy
Bladezguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:30 PM Reply

Yeah I am going to get it. I think it is banned in most of the U.K for some reason.

PSN: BLADEZGUY
Xbox live: FatlessPuddle0
Army Rangers

BBS Signature
jjrmet
jjrmet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:35 PM Reply

im gonna get it off ebay
also since sony and nintendo arnt doing it lokks like its coming for the 360

BBS Signature
devilchrono
devilchrono
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:37 PM Reply

Ok once again I would like to point out that not once did they mention releasing the game. He only stated that it was a work of art that the entire company stands by. This game has been shelved.

Dark-Phire
Dark-Phire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:38 PM Reply

I get to kill people now.

BBS Signature
Magic-Waffle
Magic-Waffle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:43 PM Reply

Why would it get an AO rating? I know it's very violent, but is that all it's getting an AO rating threat for?

Cocks.

alphamosh
alphamosh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:44 PM Reply

God dammit, I wanted it on the wii. The interactivity would make things funner.

FUCK YOU NINTENDO, FUCK YOU RIGHT IN THE ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!

</caps>

Zelda Club
Nintendo Wii Club
Click sig to send message

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:45 PM Reply

You'll be able to get it off the internet no matter what country you live in or what it has been rated.

The-Noobanator
The-Noobanator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 02:54 PM Reply

At 7/10/07 02:43 PM, Magic-Waffle wrote: Why would it get an AO rating? I know it's very violent, but is that all it's getting an AO rating threat for?

I think the fact that on the wii version it atchually makes you do a cutting/sawing motion up the guys groing ups the rating a bit too.

baker013
baker013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 03:29 PM Reply

getting the wii is gonna pay off i heard it is going to be on the wii

Bicthes

BBS Signature
BoogieWookie
BoogieWookie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 04:00 PM Reply

It's not going to be banned if people want to play it. The public is retarded in the point that they think once you play a game like this you quit your day job and start Chris Benoit'ing people. A game is a game and people who play it are mature enough to understand this.

I wanted this on the Wii for the stress relieving and the sheer fun it was going to be to stab people by making the motion.

crushy
crushy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 04:08 PM Reply

Jesus christ, why could'nt we just stick with Pong :(

BBS Signature
sktslime
sktslime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 7/10/07 02:37 PM, devilchrono wrote: Ok once again I would like to point out that not once did they mention releasing the game. He only stated that it was a work of art that the entire company stands by. This game has been shelved.

not tru..
"Take-Two Interactive executives said the company stood by the title, which it called "art," and promised it would eventually see a release ."

I cant wait for this game. It is complete bullshit that an adult only rating stops it being sold in certain stores. Might as well call it a noone rating. Adults cant even play adult only, wtf is with that.
I am very disappointed nintendo and sony would proclaim no adult only rated game would come to their consoles.. gaming for adults was just getting so promising

firemario1
firemario1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 05:28 PM Reply

Can't wait to get it for the Wii.

there's a little thing called "begging your parents because you are underage".

BBS Signature
HandsomePete
HandsomePete
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Filmmaker
Response to manhunt 2 coming out uncut Jul. 10th, 2007 @ 06:16 PM Reply

They should sell it completely via internet, and every store that wouldn't have sold it can suck their own ass. Seriously, I thought Manhunt 1 was just a shitty game, but it was pretty violent. I AM intrigued how they could make it so offensive. The game probably still sucks, though.

BBS Signature