The sequel to "Outpost:Haven"4.06 / 5.00 40,685 Views
Hunt The Candy!!!3.83 / 5.00 12,233 Views
A thrilling rush through cyberspace!3.80 / 5.00 39,217 Views
DO NOT POST ANYTHING BUT FINISHED PIECES IN THIS THREAD. KEEP COMMENTS, CRITIQUES, WIPS, AND EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS THREAD HERE THANKS A TON.
I'm sure a few of you have heard about the soon-to-be-released Street Fighter HD, and if not, lemme bring you up to speed. Basically, these guys are overhauling the original game with all new high-def artwork! We're really digging on what they're doing, being huge Street Fighter fans and all, so we thought it was a cool idea to hold a new art contest along the same lines. So...pick a game sprite (any game sprite, from any game) - and make it HD! Very simple idea.
1. There are approximately 157 billion sprite-based video games to choose from. In other words, don't settle on Mario or Sonic unless you have something amazing planned. We're half tempted to ban them from this entire run, considering the NEVER ENDING LIST of other potential games. Just think back for a second.
2. YOUR FINAL HD ART SHOULD CLOSELY RESEMBLE THE ORIGINAL SPRITE. This means pose, colors, and so forth. DO NOT DO THIS. You are allowed to take some minor liberties, though - like how they did here, and here.
3. Only post YOUR artwork, and only post shit you've done for THIS contest, not some shit you've drawn beforehand that applies.
4. DON'T LINK TO YOUR ART. POST your art in this thread - you get 595px(W) x 700px(H) and 200 KB...so try and work within those bounds. If you DO wish to link to a huge version, post a smaller one here so we can get the gist and blow it up if we feel like it.
5. Please only remake ONE SPRITE at a time. Don't do entire animation sequences like a total asshole as if it'll somehow guarantee a win. Follow the examples already posted, and submit your piece in the same manner. However, feel free to submit as many as you want, there's tons of games to cover.
6. Don't half ass your submission. Mindchamber won't hesitate to rampage this thread and tear down anything that took zero effort. At least TRY.
A Nintendo Wii + Alien Hominid + Shirt + Stickers
~ OR ~
$200.00 + Shirt + Stickers
Your choice! Keep in mind, depending on your country, you may have no choice but to take the $200.
2nd Place: $100 + Shirt + Stickers
3rd Place: $75 + Shirt + Stickers
4th Place: $50 + Shirt + Stickers
5th Place: $25 + Shirt + Stickers
And as always, shirts and stickers to a bunch of other people.
THE DEADLINE IS THE 25TH OF JULY 2007, 12 NOON EASTERN TIME.
We'll be voting on all sorts of criteria, so just do your best BUT DON'T FORGET TO HAVE FUNNNN X3!!! hehehehe
Everyone is welcome to join up, even you new guys. I'll go ahead and kick it off with mine.
btw suck my dick also cocks additionally balls
YO MAMA GOT SAGGY TITTIES LMAO
I combined elements of Alpha 3 Akuma and Third Strike Akuma, since I like the body proportions of one and the arms on the other...
I decided to go for something beloved but obscure... Overhauled Man 3! Also known as Shububinman 3 and Shockman 3 in Japan, OHM3 was a totally hot PC Engine CD game that I imported for my Turbo Grafx back in the day. Until Gunstar Heroes came along, this was probably my favorite action platformer.
I don't usually participate in NG contests but this one I couldn't resist.
I haven't seen any MK entiries yet so I figured I'd pick one of the ol'school MK sprite.
I picked Sub-Zero. Why? 'cause he's cool... (lol lame joke)
www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3
I chose the dude from Pitfall. The game's cover tries to make him look normal, but if you look at the in-game graphics, you can tell that the poor fellow is deformed. He doesn't even have a face! :(
I drew him by hand since im not very good doing digital stuff yet.
I tried some new pens out tonight, hence the face being a tad dodgey. Excuse that please :)
Yay!! CORMANO, the mexican cowboy from Sunset Riders!!
Definately one of the coolest characters noone knows!
Whenever he is caught by the enemy, he reports the expletive "@!#?@!". This is an early example of a video game character showing emotion, allowing players to identify with it.
At work...Newgrounds. At Home...Newgrounds. Dreaming...a white rabbit killing grey rabbits.
Something was lost in the translation from concept to game form. Thanks to HD, they've been able to restore him to the way they intended.
I am not used to coloring in digital imagery progrums, so the blur tool kept making see through when I only wanted to blur the shading D:<
This signature is not true
I'll hopefully be posting again with another one.
I was reluctant to touch Chrono Trigger because of it's popularity, but I figured choosing a less popular character would be better. I'll leave Chrono and company to a pro.