SupraZerg
SupraZerg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 10:44 AM Reply

How many years have you been writing: about 1-2
How many flash story's you have written: None (what are those anyway??)
How many real life story's you have written: well... novels (working on one) but short ones (more than 30)
And your name (optional): Jose

Love Playing both Comp and Piano. D2 ROX!! Newgrounds ROX!! GG GL HF Keep up good work every1!!
Windows = image ; Mac = ROX!

gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 10:59 AM Reply

At 7/22/07 10:44 AM, SupraZerg wrote: How many years have you been writing: about 1-2
How many flash story's you have written: None (what are those anyway??)
How many real life story's you have written: well... novels (working on one) but short ones (more than 30)
And your name (optional): Jose

Welcome to the club. From your credentials, i see your an experianced writer, ill place you under average rank for red group. Every day i give out some daily news on whats going down on the club "no pun intended". Right now im a bit busy but if you need any help or need something, just pm me

1Housefan
1Housefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 11:06 AM Reply

Okay guys and gals, I've hit that most dreaded thing for authors. Writer's block. And I've had it for ages. Seeing as how you guys are experienced, any tips on how to break this curse? I would be much obliged and I will give cookies. PM me or just post them here. Much thanks. :)

1Housefan
1Housefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 11:10 AM Reply

At 7/22/07 10:33 AM, gunground wrote: average red means that your rank is ether 3 or 4 (expert novelist or novelist). This means your a very important writer in the group, yet your still not high enough rank to make any real big decisions four your group (2 and 1 are the ranks you need). Right now i've got ALOT of applicants and alot of work, and i need all the help i can get. I've put up a reward to volunteers, that every volunteer that helps shall be given AT LEAST one rank up. And so far monkey is the only person who wrote a story for the contest, so by default he wins (seroisly people lol, at least try!) so that means he will be given a average rank in black group (he volunteered alot,is an active member, did a favor for me, AND he is currently the only person helping me with these projects). So if you volunteer, ill temporarily give your red leader positon (rank #1 in red group). So...how bout it?

Ah, well I could offer my services. Not sure what all needs to be done, but I'm always willing to help. (Which is rather odd for a misanthrope...) Though pretty soon I start that dreaded year...freshman year of college! O.O So I dunno how much help I'll be.

Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 11:51 AM Reply

At 7/22/07 10:02 AM, 1Housefan wrote: I have a bit of a House fanfic

Than I can understand, I love that show myself, shows on t.v twice a week, I love watching it, once I have proper funding I might be the first season on CD's to keep. I knoy you'll love this. And I once found a House Quiz online but I can't seem to find it now so oh well.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC
NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.
I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature
Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 11:53 AM Reply

At 7/22/07 11:06 AM, 1Housefan wrote: Okay guys and gals, I've hit that most dreaded thing for authors. Writer's block. And I've had it for ages. Seeing as how you guys are experienced, any tips on how to break this curse? I would be much obliged and I will give cookies. PM me or just post them here. Much thanks. :)

I know how it's like, the one thing that helps me is to listen to some music I love, some quiet Iron Maiden songs do the trick for me, that or getting depressed, which brings the best out of me. Sorry for doube post, missed this page...

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 04:28 PM Reply

so i won the contest? wow. feels kinda hollow. lol! oh well, thanks anyways.

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 04:33 PM Reply

sorry for double post, but i thought this was kind of weird. i clicked on that link you posted for that forum, phantom, and it said i was logged in as you.

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 04:34 PM Reply

Sorry for my long absence, I'm trying to conquer writer's block.

Hope I didn't get kicked out or anything.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 7/22/07 04:34 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Sorry for my long absence, I'm trying to conquer writer's block.

Hope I didn't get kicked out or anything.

as far as i remember, we didnt kick anybody.

also, here is a picture from the forums.

Writers Club

BBS Signature
Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 7/22/07 04:33 PM, MonkeyV wrote: sorry for double post, but i thought this was kind of weird. i clicked on that link you posted for that forum, phantom, and it said i was logged in as you.

How strange, well try now, does the problem stay, and if so check if you can post that way or acess the admin panel.

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 05:22 PM Reply

alright im back from my long travel to lewiston (a city where my mother lives in) so that means ill be on less often, but now i can send messanger messages now. Also i will have various times in which im on so im not gonna be on 24/7 like usual. Anyways a good way to kill off writers block is read some other storys. I don't know many places on the internet to find good storys but you could always read some of the contest storys on this forum or go to last survivor 1.0 game and read the story there *thats what i usually do*

Dr-Roxo
Dr-Roxo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 06:06 PM Reply

I write songs...Does that count?

Jylmu Raouls

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 7/22/07 06:06 PM, Dr-Roxo wrote: I write songs...Does that count?

hmmm, thats a good question. We do all forms of art but i doubt that songs count. What do you think group, should we accept him?

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 09:19 PM Reply

well this is the "writers club" not the "story writers club" so i say we should let him in.

and also, in phantoms account i can post but i cant access the admin or mod control panel.

BBS Signature
CHIKUNHED
CHIKUNHED
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 09:44 PM Reply

There's a new writers club active for a whole month and nobody told me?

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Michael Danton, I'm 26 and I've been writing in a serious way since I was 15. I have a number of screenplays, teleplays, poems and I'm currently halfway through my epic novel. Currently I'm collaborating with an artist from NG to make a commercially viable comic book series.

I love the idea of this thread, posting your works so that everyone can read and review them, and awarding acclaim is especially attractive to me. So much so that I created a website of my own on exactly that same theme over two months ago. I called it Fourth Perspective at www.fourthperspective.com

It's not my intention to disrupt or railroad this thread, but perhaps my website is everything you ever wanted, I know it is for me.

Thanks,
M.

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 10:28 PM Reply

i click a few of sigs and it leads me to that website. ive know about it for a while.

BBS Signature
Ass-Crumb
Ass-Crumb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Writers Club Jul. 22nd, 2007 @ 11:27 PM Reply

I kind of posted a sign up on page 2, but I think it might have gotten ignored... I haven't been active much, but I will try to be. Anyways, I have a user page full of stories about random kind of stuff (Such as a Battle Royale fanfic and a story about me pooping in atupperware bowl) Which I will add to.

Good Threads: 1 2 3 4 5
I can't see shit

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 03:57 AM Reply

umm, sure your in.

As for crumb, you can still be in club, however im not too impressed with the story you writ in the writers guild. That storys you wrote about a turd failed to amuse me the way it amused you. So try to make civilized storys. Please refrain from making any other "turd" subject storys (no pun intended)

Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 04:02 AM Reply

At 7/22/07 09:19 PM, MonkeyV wrote: well this is the "writers club" not the "story writers club" so i say we should let him in.

Seconded.

and also, in phantoms account i can post but i cant access the admin or mod control panel.

That is simply annoying, well now I changed the password and logged out, try again, if not I have no idea what to do next.

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 04:23 AM Reply

At 7/23/07 04:02 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 7/22/07 09:19 PM, MonkeyV wrote: well this is the "writers club" not the "story writers club" so i say we should let him in.
Seconded.

That is simply annoying, well now I changed the password and logged out, try again, if not I have no idea what to do next.

Alright, ill acept him in. But i might wanna warn you ahead of time, there are very few song writes in the club. Most of us ether make poems or make storys.

1Housefan
1Housefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 07:03 AM Reply

What is this about a website/forum? o_O
And I looked at one of my other stories I have on my computer, wrote a sentence, then just went 'bleh... saved it, then closed it. -.-; I dunno what's wrong with me. I can roleplay just fine but when I try to write a story my brain snaps shut. 'Nope, nope don't wanna come up with any ideas today' it seems to say.

gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 07:08 AM Reply

At 7/23/07 07:03 AM, 1Housefan wrote: What is this about a website/forum? o_O

Yeah, were talking about the black groups forum (each group color has a forum made only for them). Im making it alot better this time. On the forums you can chat with members of your group color to discuss storys, tips, advice, and also non members can go there to fill out an application to try to get a better rank/group.

Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 08:55 AM Reply

Good news people, the computer repair guy comes soon and I'll probably have Office 2007 back and I came up with a great new scene for the story "Face in the Sand" which I'll begin very soon.

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 11:34 AM Reply

At 7/23/07 08:55 AM, Phantom wrote: Good news people, the computer repair guy comes soon and I'll probably have Office 2007 back and I came up with a great new scene for the story "Face in the Sand" which I'll begin very soon.

that sounds cool! ( :

also, it doesn't log you in whenever i go on the forum anymore so i think were all good.

BBS Signature
Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 7/23/07 11:34 AM, MonkeyV wrote: also, it doesn't log you in whenever i go on the forum anymore so i think were all good.

That's good, that aside the repair guy didn't show up today, may he go to hell and back. Hopefully the bastard will show up tomorrow and I could finally work because I have another scene for the story...

BBS Signature
Dr-Roxo
Dr-Roxo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 7/23/07 04:23 AM, gunground wrote: Alright, ill acept him in. But i might wanna warn you ahead of time, there are very few song writes in the club. Most of us ether make poems or make storys.

Cool, thanks. Do you need me to post a sample of the work I do?

Jylmu Raouls

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 7/23/07 05:02 PM, Dr-Roxo wrote:
At 7/23/07 04:23 AM, gunground wrote: Alright, ill acept him in. But i might wanna warn you ahead of time, there are very few song writes in the club. Most of us ether make poems or make storys.
Cool, thanks. Do you need me to post a sample of the work I do?

that would be very helpful concerning the ranking system needs at least one sample. I dont care what you make the story about, just try to keep it clean

Slawter
Slawter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 05:45 PM Reply

How many years have you been writing: 10 - 11
How many flash story's you have written: none
How many real life story's you have written: 1 novel (not published yet) and too many short storys to count
And your name (optional): Sam

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 23rd, 2007 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 7/23/07 05:45 PM, Slawter wrote: How many years have you been writing: 10 - 11
How many flash story's you have written: none
How many real life story's you have written: 1 novel (not published yet) and too many short storys to count
And your name (optional): Sam

welcome to the crew, im a bit busy to give you a tour, but if you need anything just pm me