00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

130,314 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:09:21

alright then your still okay :). Lol so many people use school storys as examples and then i misunderstandingly give them good ranks thinking that they actually are a constant writer and have heavy and solid credentials. As a matter of fact...

New rule, when you put your credential "statistics" and put on real life storys, dont include school storys. Thx everyone

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:17:33

So, how will I operate in this club? Will I be doing the editing, writing, both?

Yes, um, hello there.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:19:57

im still undecided until i can get the results from phantom. But there is something right now i desperately need. I got a forum i made a few days ago but both me and phantom lost the link. The forum was on invisionfree.com and it was entitled 2blackbooks or twoblackbooks. Could you find the link for me plz?

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:22:00

Okay, I'll give it a try. Give me a few minutes.

Yes, um, hello there.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:26:36

Do you remember when you made it, or what section it would be under? Like Arts & Literature, or Clans?

Yes, um, hello there.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:30:15

it was clans i believe

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:38:58

Thank you, that'll help a lot. Which kind of clan?

Yes, um, hello there.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:41:50

nothing. i just click clan. Thats all

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:48:16

Okay, I'm looking through about 2000 forms. It'll take a while. So, I may not be responding.

Yes, um, hello there.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:52:46

well i just checked over 7 pages. I didnt find it. And there is no way i made one way back like a month ago so it dont even try looking for it anymore. Obvoisly im gonna have to do this the hard way. You keep this forum active until i get back (just plz dont bump or double post tho)

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 19:58:00

Okay, good luck with finding it. I got too page 28, so you could start there if it helps. And I'll try and keep this place alive.

Yes, um, hello there.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 20:04:04

meh just forget about it. Ill make another

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 20:09:05

Okay GunGround.

Yes, um, hello there.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 20:31:04

So, what to do..

Yes, um, hello there.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 21:44:02

I'd say this seems pretty interesting, Ive always wondered about writing a short story, and i have in a couple writing classes :D

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-21 22:00:11

At 7/21/07 04:59 PM, gunground wrote:
At 7/20/07 09:10 PM, Rubbershoes wrote: Great. As for the fantasy story, I am writing a fantasy/sci-fi novel (though its more on the sci-fi-ish side) would an excerpt from that do, or would you rather have a full-blown fantasy story?
actually a short summary about what its about will do. Go ahead, im not picky :)

Great. My joint-novel Zero is about a person fresh out of college. The main character, Xeral who suffers from amnesia, is questioning his life. He and his roommate Reneld are jobless and every aspcet of their life is pure, unadulterated, boredom. While on a walk to meet Reneld downtown, Xeral is confronted by a strange man who claims to have known him before he lost his memory, and that he is not Human, but a race of shape-shifters known as Zero. The man continues on to state that his home planet is in the middle of a civil war, and he believes that Xeral shold be the one to lead the Zero. Skeptical at first, Xeral eventually agrees to travel with this man to reclaim his planet, (though at first Xeral's only reason for tagging along was to escape his boring life) and takes part in a war to take the throne.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 00:44:09

i like the story description rubbershows! ive been pretty busy helping with raidforce, and i comepletely forgot about the contest, so i really am going to start right now.
"begins typing 5000 character limit survival based story"

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 01:56:33

===================Helpless in the Dark=====================
=========================by MonkeyV=========================
===============submittion for survival contest==============

years ago, in the jungle of a far off planet...
A boy named Zane awoke from a terrible nightmare in the middle of the night. Though it was freezing outside, Zane was drenched in sweat. His heart seemingly beating at a million miles an hour, he took a few deep breaths and looked up at the full moon. "I'd better head to the pond and get some water." Zane thought.
He silently ran through the dense trees without crushing a twig. Zane knew better than to make noise durring a full moon. The beasts always came out during full moons. The beasts are horrible but blind creatures that will chew at you, legs first up to your head then play with your body until you die, if they can find you.
Finally, Zane reached the pond. He took long, quiet sips until he was no longer thirsty. Zane got up to leave but stopped in horror. A beast was standing not twenty feet away in the trail he had used to get to the pond. He noticed a tall tree to his right. "Queitly, slowly climb the tree..." Zane thought.
"One branch at a time..." Zane just kept climbing up and up, one branch at a time. "Just keep climbing." he thought to himself. Almost at the top! when suddently, Snap! The branch under Zane's left foot broke, falling to the ground with a loud "Thud!". Immediately, the beast let out a blood curdling scream, signaling to the rest of them.
He quickly scurried to the top of the tree, terrified. The beast came over and started pounding at the tree, howling to all his friends. More and more of the horrid creatures came and smashed the tree. Then finally, Zane fell. He landed about five feet away from the first beast he saw. They all stopped hitting the tree. As Zane attempted to get up to run away, he felt a horrible pain in his pelvous. It was broken!
He fell over and rolled down the gentle slope, beasts chasing after him. Zane rolled straight into a bush of thorns, extremely paiful, but safe. The beasts had appeared to have stopped following him. It was silent. Zane looked out through a hole in the thorns, but something blocked his view. He was looking into the enourmouse blind eyes of a beast and smelled its terrible breath, and he realized that the beast could also smell his.
The creature was going to yell out to his comrades at any moment, so Zane picked up a jagged rock and stabbed it into the beasts eye. Distracted by aweful pain, it allowed him to escape and hide inside a nearby hollowed out tree trunk.
Waiting out the hours in the trunk, the rotten smell of beast blood got fainter as the sun rose. Zane had survived the terrible night.
========================================
====================
much shorter than the limit of 5000. how do you like it?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 03:13:47

At 7/21/07 05:18 PM, MonkeyV wrote: does that mean just the black group or everybody?

Black group only.

At 7/22/07 01:56 AM, MonkeyV wrote: much shorter than the limit of 5000. how do you like it?

Good, but few notes, never repeat same word in beginning of sentence more than once, be a little more original than that, I know it's hard on action scenes but try. Also, spell check. That's about all, now you just have to learn how to stretch good ideas like that so they cover more space.

Oh and Gun, I don't know where the forums are, but maybe it's for the best, I think we shuld use ForumCircle forums anyway. I could make one if you approve.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 05:35:06

thanks for the advice phantom!

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 07:52:13

At 7/22/07 05:35 AM, MonkeyV wrote: thanks for the advice phantom!

lol nobodys saying anything so you may win by default! lol.

Anways rubber that storys sounds pretty interesting. Can't wait til it hits the shelves. I'm surprised so many people are writing storys and novels :). I myself am writing a short zombie survival novel (has nothin to do with my zombie obsession when i was a child :p) called last survivor. I made a story for a flash game a long time ago and i liked the story so much i started making a novel based on my story :p. So far im on page 3 lol XD. I don't really have time to write anymore with all these projects and this crew and stuff. What page you on rubber?

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 08:15:17

Holy shit it's been ages since i've posted here.

I hope i'm still a member, i'll be posting alot more as of now, since i need to get my post count up...i mean i love you all, so much.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 08:17:06

At 7/19/07 05:40 PM, gunground wrote: kk im basically done with the forum. I have already preregistered an account for you where when you log on you can change your settings. Ill private message your password over ng. I laid out the basic ground work so basically all you gotta do it place in the rules and some topics.

Me. Pre-register an account for me, and PM me the details. Or else no collab!

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 08:22:04

At 7/22/07 08:17 AM, Searp3nt wrote:
At 7/19/07 05:40 PM, gunground wrote: kk im basically done with the forum. I have already preregistered an account for you where when you log on you can change your settings. Ill private message your password over ng. I laid out the basic ground work so basically all you gotta do it place in the rules and some topics.

umm well *feels a little embarassed* yesterday we lost the forum link and the forum magically disapeared from the forum directory (stupid invisionfree...thats the third time you did this this year!) so im gonna make a better one on a different forum

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 08:25:08

At 7/22/07 08:22 AM, gunground wrote:
At 7/22/07 08:17 AM, Searp3nt wrote:
umm well *feels a little embarassed* yesterday we lost the forum link and the forum magically disapeared from the forum directory (stupid invisionfree...thats the third time you did this this year!) so im gonna make a better one on a different forum

You guys are so, fucking clever. Seriously. Haha, i'm downloading AIM again, something fucked up, i got a virus. Ok, i'll download it. Bastards.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 08:28:26

guh *read the rules* on page one or 2 (not the first post but later on my posts say a rule). Try not to swear too much :p. So far we've gotten over 200 posts so i dont wanna screw it up :p

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 09:40:04

At 7/22/07 08:28 AM, gunground wrote: guh *read the rules* on page one or 2 (not the first post but later on my posts say a rule). Try not to swear too much :p. So far we've gotten over 200 posts so i dont wanna screw it up :p

You can sign up on the forum I made, here. and I'll make you an admin so you can do whatever you want with it.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 09:57:26

At 7/19/07 05:08 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 7/19/07 04:03 AM, 1Housefan wrote: Well I think I have posted all I can think of. I leave you with this image...
Isn't that Hugh Laurie? And I'll assume the image relates to his t.v show, House. In which case the statement would be justified.

Yes to both.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 10:02:19

So I'm average red. What's that mean exactly? And I also have more stories. Is there another forum for this clan or what? Be gentle I'm new. :D And I've been reading fanfiction lately but haven't written anything unfortunately. I have a bit of a House fanfic, but I have a feeling this clan is interested in original work.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-22 10:33:59

At 7/22/07 10:02 AM, 1Housefan wrote: So I'm average red. What's that mean exactly? And I also have more stories. Is there another forum for this clan or what? Be gentle I'm new. :D And I've been reading fanfiction lately but haven't written anything unfortunately. I have a bit of a House fanfic, but I have a feeling this clan is interested in original work.

average red means that your rank is ether 3 or 4 (expert novelist or novelist). This means your a very important writer in the group, yet your still not high enough rank to make any real big decisions four your group (2 and 1 are the ranks you need). Right now i've got ALOT of applicants and alot of work, and i need all the help i can get. I've put up a reward to volunteers, that every volunteer that helps shall be given AT LEAST one rank up. And so far monkey is the only person who wrote a story for the contest, so by default he wins (seroisly people lol, at least try!) so that means he will be given a average rank in black group (he volunteered alot,is an active member, did a favor for me, AND he is currently the only person helping me with these projects). So if you volunteer, ill temporarily give your red leader positon (rank #1 in red group). So...how bout it?