• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 6th, 2007 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 7/6/07 07:43 AM, Phantom wrote:
Blood & Thunder

“By Daniel "Phantom" Shirer”

that is some good writing, you are an awesome writer!

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 6th, 2007 @ 06:55 PM Reply

At 7/6/07 10:25 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 7/6/07 08:50 AM, gunground wrote: This itself is not a guild, Think of it as a training center for beginnin writers and a area where advanced righters can enhance thier skills
The writer's guild isn't really a guild either, the founder just chose that name 'cause it sounded good. Hell, we've never even had a members list as such.

Now, as for writers improving etc, I'm afraid that is what the Guild was created for....well it was actually created for flash scripts, but it evoved into a general 'lets improve' place.

At the moment I can see no difference between this place and the Guild. If you can explain where there is a difference then do so, otherwise this place may end up getting locked by a mod for being a duplicate club.

When i said help out other enhance thier writing skills there is a second part to that. the fact is, this is more of a recruitment club than a actual crew. Im making a "society" of writers where we work together to form some of the best storys ever shown on newgrounds. As i said earlier, it is coded into 4 groups, novie(green), Intermediate(yellow), expert(red), and elite (the two black books). Now we have contests to not only have fun and strut our stuff, but to help the clan members uprank themselves in the "society" and have a bigger influence on the rest of the club.

I have had many contacts who would gladly take another story from me, so the fact is, think of this as like the "kitty krew" for writers. Now i keep this forum up so that the members of this "kitty crew for writers" to work, talk, and train together. Now just because thier in the "kitty crew" doesnt mean they cant be in the writers guild too. In fact, we encourage it.

So think of this more like a meeting place between other members where we work together to become one of the most famous crews on newgrounds, maybe the most famous for rpgs, and even might help prepare future writers accomplish thier dreams. That is the difference between the writers club and writers guild

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 6th, 2007 @ 10:16 PM Reply

well that is good and all, but i know of only one kitty krew, and they are a symbol of people that do almost nothing good for Newgrounds. they make crap all the time and they know it. they sometimes even spam the portal just for fun! i dont want to be like them!
you are talking about the flash crew right? the [KK]?

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 6th, 2007 @ 11:05 PM Reply

dont get me wrong though, i wont be leaving or anything.

BBS Signature
Ass-Crumb
Ass-Crumb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 02:35 AM Reply

How many years have you been writing: Well, if you include writing for school, about 5 years, otherwise, probably a year and a half-ish.
How many flash story's you have written: None.
How many real life story's you have written: And what do you mean by that? If you mean how many I wrote that weren't for the BBS or something? Well, lots, probably 20-30 small little anecdotes, 3 actually large stories, and one of them I'm making into a book (It's actually going to be fairly long, 40-50 pages) although I'd think it's pretty obvious you're not going to read it as a book, rather, on a web page should I choose to show you.

Also, this club sounds alot like the Writer's guild, and the Kitty Krew isn't really a good comparison, maybe Clock Crew would be a better thing to compare it to, given the kitty krew mainly only create spam, and never really improve, unless you consider being able to post 1-2 spa flashes a day to 3-4 spam flashes a day adecent improvement, then by all means, compare.

Good Threads: 1 2 3 4 5
I can't see shit

BBS Signature
Sexylegs
Sexylegs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 02:59 AM Reply

Who was banned? By the way, i'll be writing a story pretty soon, not for the competiton, just for fun. If you want too actually see a story i have written on the BBS, i'll give you a link too it. It was over/a year a go, so yeah. My writing skills improve halfway.

A BBS Life

BBS Signature
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 05:27 AM Reply

At 7/6/07 06:55 PM, gunground wrote: So think of this more like a meeting place between other members where we work together to become one of the most famous crews on newgrounds, maybe the most famous for rpgs, and even might help prepare future writers accomplish thier dreams. That is the difference between the writers club and writers guild

Cool. Looks like there is a difference, so you should be okay :-)

Sorry for wasting your time with that.

Anyway, I'll join up. I'm always in the mood for competitions and the like :-)

How many years have you been writing:

God only knows...6...7?

How many flash story's you have written:

Not to many. One or two probably.

How many real life story's you have written:

Too many to list...

And your name (optional):

Steve

Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 05:39 AM Reply

At 7/6/07 02:13 PM, MonkeyV wrote: that is some good writing, you are an awesome writer!

The story is complete and I've decided to rename it, I'll post it here if you approve. It's now called Mafia- Confrontation, as a sequel to an older story called Mafia - Reincarnation. I can post both if you approve.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC
NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.
I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 7/6/07 10:16 PM, MonkeyV wrote: well that is good and all, but i know of only one kitty krew, and they are a symbol of people that do almost nothing good for Newgrounds. they make crap all the time and they know it. they sometimes even spam the portal just for fun! i dont want to be like them!
you are talking about the flash crew right? the [KK]?

lol dont wry :p. i was just making a hypothetical comparison from the two different clubs/guilds. So anyways Welcome all new-comers! Today is Writing contest #2! and since we have many more competitors it's time to increase the benifits of winning. I will select the 2 best storys and put them permanantly on the red team! (dont wry you can still hang out with your buddies who are lower and stuff...and you can still enter in contests). Todays subject is zombies.

So whoever can come up with the best story about zombies will be permanently put on the red team(expert team). Remember keep it short and sweet...Good luck!

(for all those newcomers) Rules for entering contest
#1 dont use somebody elses work
#2 although your buddy can help, you are writing the story, not him
#3 even if you dont win the contest, you can always try to impress me with your talent, and if i believe your writing skills are at the right magnitude, i will uprank you to ether yellow or red depending on your ability.

Congrationalations to phantom and monkey, as monkey has been upranked to yellow and phantom to red. Keep up the good work.

Ps...the person who was banned was centurion-ryan.

10over6
10over6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 02:00 PM Reply

Zombie story you say?

Not that long. Zombies aren't my favourite subject in all honestly.
---------------------------------------------
--------
The Hunger

‘Shit, shit, shit!’

The shotgun shell dropped to the floor as Chris dived back under the cover of the upturned ice cream cart. Why oh why had he run into the mall? Sure there was a gun shop in there, but the bastards just kept on coming. It didn’t matter what he did. They just kept on coming.

It had been three weeks since the dead had started to rise. Chris didn’t have a clue as to what was causing it, for all he knew it was the apocalypse as told by which ever of the disciples in the book of revelations. It didn’t matter anyway. All that mattered was finding somewhere to hide. Somewhere defensible, somewhere with food. That’s why he ran into the Mall. Get in, grab some food, run into the gun shop, make it a base. When the food ran out just grab some more. There was enough food to last for months.

‘Fucking Romero,’ Chris growled to himself as he popped another round of shells into the shot gun, ‘never thought that the fucking Zombies might get hungry for stuff other than brains did you?’

He breathed deeply to calm himself down, sprang up fired off two shots and fell back to the floor. The approaching mob of zombies was getting closer. What was it now? 100? 150 feet away? What did it matter? Chris was trapped between a horde of man eating monsters and a fire escape that was blocked off by a dumpster. It had seemed like such a good idea to barricade off all the other exits…

Chris glanced a look over the top of the cart. The bastards had been distracted by a hot dog stand that had been turned over earlier. Gorging themselves on the meat, they huddled round like piglets on a sow’s teat, gnawing away at whatever they could get their hands on. Bread, sausage, the fingers of other zombies, it didn’t matter to them. All they felt was the hunger. It was the first sign that a person had been afflicted by…whatever it was that turned them into the walking dead. An insatiable hunger that ate away at the afflicted till all they could focus on was filling their stomach. It explained the somewhat bloated appearance of the zombies. All they did before they died was eat. All they did after they died was continue to eat, as though some kind of parasite was keeping the brain alive and forcing them eat so that it could continue its egotistical existence.

The time was now. Chris sprang up form his hiding place. Shot two zombies in the chest, sending blood and guts all over the floor. Before they even hit the floor their comrades began to cannibalise the rotting meat.

Another zombie fell to the floor from a second shell as Chris ran for the door, diving over boxes he had placed in the corridor to slow the zombie down if he needed to get out. They were single minded creatures. With no thoughts of anything other than their hunger, a simple obstacle in the way could slow them down indefinitely as they tried to destroy it with their bear hands. The few that had enough brains to turn and go around tended to find themselves eaten by their comrades.

They were getting closer.

‘Don’t fail me now,’ panted Chris as he loaded up another round of shells, firing them at the first group of zombies that blocked his path. The group fell before him. He jumped. The exit was in sight. Freedom! He felt something clasp onto his ankle and he came crashing down onto the floor. Immediately he felt the gnawing teeth of the monsters pierce his skin. He kicked at the zombie chewing his foot only to find that another two had begun to work on his arms.

Eventually the pain began to dull. All Chris could think about was how hungry he was. And just how appetizing the hell spawn that was currently chewing his hand looked…

The end

:-)

Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 7/7/07 02:00 PM, 10over6 wrote: Zombie story you say?

Not that long. Zombies aren't my favourite subject in all honestly.

Wooops! Wrong account lol.

Yeah, 10over 6 is my alt :-)

gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 02:15 PM Reply

cool :). pretty good story (you have a good chance of winning :) ). Don't wry, the topic will be different next contest. Anyways it was very good except for one thing. A new rule from now on, in storys it's frowned if you swear more than once in a story. I'll forgive this one cuz i failed to mention it before but from now on plz dont have too many swears in your story. Gore is okay i guess.

I will uplift this rule once i find time to make a forum for us to put our stories on.

P.S. , our very first crew prodject may be not very long from now. Even tho the guys ive made stories for previously haven't finished thier new flash yet, we have a flash crew who Might work together with us to make eachothers first official "crew" prodject.

Im still waiting for the answer from them.

Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 7/7/07 02:15 PM, gunground wrote: cool :). pretty good story (you have a good chance of winning :) ). Don't wry, the topic will be different next contest.

I'm not worried about the topics :P

I relish a challenge. Gimme whatever you want and I'll write something for it just for the sake of writing.

And I'm glad you enjoyed it. Not bad for 20 minutes, running off the top my head with no planning at all :P

Anyways it was very good except for one thing. A new rule from now on, in storys it's frowned if you swear more than once in a story. I'll forgive this one cuz i failed to mention it before but from now on plz dont have too many swears in your story. Gore is okay i guess.

Heh, apologies. If I'd known the swearing would have been looked down upon I wouldn't have included it in such amounts :P

gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 02:39 PM Reply

its okay :). Anyways so far i've gotten a old partner of mine to sponsor me again. You prolly all know qui games (they make some VERY VERY good games) and he said that he'd be happy to sponsor us again. (i made the storyine for mobs down, you should check it out :) ) He says he's not sure when his new games coming out but im sure he will still let us write storys for him (so begins the expansion of the 2 black books productions!)

A new poll is up. please vote for which you would rather have for a name

2 golden books productions
2 black books productions
The three writateers (meh i don't really like this name :p)
Writers Revolution
Or
the www (world wide writers)

Any other candidates for names are welcome. All votes and entries to both the poll and contest will not be accepted any later than 24 hours from now.

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 04:36 PM Reply

i say either the 2 black books or the www, they both sound cool.

well heres my submittion for the competition. This story is based on the fact that today is 7-7-07. such a number must mean a good thing. right?

Day of God (sarcastic title.)

7-7-07. One would think this to be the most holy day in all of eternity. One would be wrong.
It all started many, many... um... seconds ago. today. Far far away, in the woods, an evil colt of devil worshipers planned an attack. What better day to strike society with an evil terrorist attack!

nobody would suspect a thing. the plan was to raise an evil army of the living impaired, what you and I know as zombies. As you may have guessed, these guys are absolute nut cases, so one would think that this would never work. One would be wrong. again. They may be nutty like a banana-muffin, but there is one thing these people are not, and it is stupid. They had been planning it out for years, magic books, sacrificing animals, making potions, drinking blood, the whole works.

Now the plan could be put into action. This had to be executed perfectly. Everybody had to be dead by the end of the day (Saturday) for one reason: many people go to church on Sunday as you probably know. Zombies are very stupid. They might wander into a church on accident and instantly be vaporized.

One member of the colt was stationed at every graveyard, all over the world. Everybody's watches were syncronized to beep at the same time, and at that time they say the magic words. At 1:30 P.M., the watches beeped, known as the beep heard 'round the world (or thats what i like to call it. sounds catchy right?). The colt members chanted the magic words. The ground started shaking, and within minutes all carnage was let loose. Building were burned, mountains toppled over, and brains were eaten. By the end of the day, everybody was dead, except for a small group of Newgrounds.com BBS users who survived to tell the tale to eachother, and would one day fight back against the zombies and the colt.

The End???

wow! i think it sounds kind of like the prelude to a movie or game, but thats just me maybe.

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 04:42 PM Reply

i kind of feel like i rushed that one. i didnt read the thing about the 24 hours untill about right now. am i aloud to write another one? will it be eccepted into the contest?

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 04:49 PM Reply

2 golden books productions. It sounds very prestigious.

I've decided not to write a story, as I can't write zombie stories for crap. I'm better at Fantasy and War.

Sorry.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 04:52 PM Reply

why dont you just write a war story? humans versus zombies!

if you wont i probably will.

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 7/7/07 04:42 PM, MonkeyV wrote: i kind of feel like i rushed that one. i didnt read the thing about the 24 hours untill about right now. am i aloud to write another one? will it be eccepted into the contest?

Aight. Everybody can have two storys (however if you make a second one, your first one doesnt count). Btw tommorow after the contest im accepting requests from people to uprank yourselves including the ones i've already upranked (for instance red can uprank to black)

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 7/7/07 05:08 PM, gunground wrote: Aight. Everybody can have two storys (however if you make a second one, your first one doesnt count).

thank you! i will get working on that then.

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 05:21 PM Reply

At 7/7/07 04:52 PM, MonkeyV wrote: why dont you just write a war story? humans versus zombies!

if you wont i probably will.

Didn't the author of the Zombie survival guide already do that?

But, if you insist.

(gets story face on)

Heroes Know No Glory

Peter Fatum ran to the centre of the trench. There must have been 50-60 zombies pursuing him. "Sarge! Sarge!" he yelled, in a paniced manner. "Private! Get your ass over here! We've got about a hundred zombies assaulting the trench's right flank!" Sergeant Parker replied, aggravated. "Well, we've got another fifty coming the other way!" Peter replied, feeling worried. The Sergeant cursed under his breath, then tossed Peter a flamethrower. "Hold them back for as long as possible! Go!" he yelled, shoving him in that direction.

His comrades' muffled and slightly faint screams of pain and agony sent shivers down his spine, but he continued on, regardless. He positioned himself in the middle of the trench, awaiting the undead horde. They came almost immediately, shuffling ereily towards him, he pressed his finger to the trigger, and a huge jet of flame erupted from his weapon, burning ten or so zombies, killing them for good. The others stared absent-mindedly and continued walking towards Peter, despite the majority of them having their lower bodies on fire.

When Peter was out of fuel, and still about twenty zombies remained he cast away the flamethrower and took off in the opposite direction, he wondered how the Sergeant was doing, then, oblivious to the world because of his thoughts, he stumbled and fell face down upon the ground. The zombies behind him were not that far away. All that was, and could go through Peter's head at that moment was 'I am going to die. I am going to die.'

However, a surge of courage came through him. Realising that all was not lost, he noticed a H&K G36 lying on the ground, beside a fallen soldier. He noticed that the soldier's body and hands were beginning to twitch. Closing his eyes, he stomped on his fallen comrade's head around three times, eliminating any hope of him becoming one of the undead. He picked up the rifle, and aimed it over his shoulder.

One word escaped his lips "Hope..." and he fired upon the horde. Hitting their heads when possible, one by one they fell, all giving defeaning moans when doing so, but Peter did not care, he just focused on killing them. Only ten were left, when he heard a crunch, crunch coming from behind him. It was the zombies that Sergeant Parker and his squad were trying to hold off. Though said squad and Sergeant were among the shuffling undead.

Peter reloaded, and took care of the initial zombies. He reloaded once more, turned around, and found himself face to face with the zombified Sergeant Parker. He muttered, "I've always wanted to do this." and hit the zombified Parker with the butt of his rifle. It sent his head flying away, and his body crashing to the ground. He then set his focus on defeating the other zombies, when a terrible realisation came to him. He was out of ammo.

He felt like screaming 'NO!" at the top of his lungs and taking to his heels, but he decided against it. With tearful eyes, he shouted, "For humanity!" and ran towards the zombies, crossing his arms towards his belt. When he was nearly in front of them, he pulled the pins on all 4 gernades in his belt and gripped one of the zombies with his arms. It was about to sink its teeth into his shoulder, when there was a ringing sound...And finally, the eternal darkness. Though also, an escape from this twisted fate of constantly feeding upon the flesh of other humans, friends...family. It was finally over for the zombies. Heaven awaited.

But not for Private Peter, as there were no Earthly remains of him, he was assumed to have escaped. His name was on no memorial, no ingraving, not in the concerns of his friends or family. He was a forgotten soul, that may have saved many people's lives. But they would never know his name. Through no fault of their own. But of Peter's own heroic actions. It may have put his mind at ease. But being a hero brought no glory.

A tad long, but I had to write something. I felt compelled to do so.

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 05:26 PM Reply

And it didn't have much to do with zombies, I know. It was really more of a moral story. Informalized, that moral would be, "Don't be a hero. Leg it."

But as the proverb goes: It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 05:28 PM Reply

even with the awesome story i have yet to write or think up, i may have just lost the contest by suggesting that you write this war story.

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 7/7/07 05:28 PM, MonkeyV wrote: even with the awesome story i have yet to write or think up, i may have just lost the contest by suggesting that you write this war story.

How so?

If anything, it's be counted as your story because you gave me the idea.

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 7/7/07 05:31 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: How so?

If anything, it's be counted as your story because you gave me the idea.

yeah maybe, but you thought of the entire storyline. its not like every story is counted as gunground's because he gives us the topic to write on, witch is basically what i did for you.

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 06:06 PM Reply

sry for the late comment back. My comp crashed a few times in a row :p. Anyways you did very good. You may be the first person i know who would put morals in a zombie story lol :). So in my mind thats a 9 in originality. Bravo, you and tri are in the lead. Better catch up monkey :)

Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 08:56 PM Reply

Contest? Huh?

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 7th, 2007 @ 08:56 PM Reply

k. im writing it right now.

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 8th, 2007 @ 02:41 AM Reply

ok this has got to be better than my first zombie story above (not the first story above, the second one!) cuz if its not, thats a complete waste of time! since i still have a large amount of time. i think... yeah i do. i have to do this right since i been given much motivation by gunground

better catch up Monkey :)

you could add the V at the end you know!

your so mean! :,(

just kidding
enough stalling, here i go.

Dead Boy Walking

It was the last day of school. Johnny was so excited to finally go home for the summer! "So are you going to my house for the party after school?" Johnny's friend Tom asked. "Yeah!" answered Johnny, "I'm so happy! I think I'm going to take the shortcut behind that back alley to get there faster." "I don't know..." Tom responded, "That alley is very dangerous to go through, lots of people get hurt there." "Relax! I'm going to be perfectly fine!" Johny shot back.

So, after the bell rang, all the kids cheered and departed for their buses and parent's cars. Johnny, of course, headed for the shortcut through the back alley of the school. Before he stepped through, Johnny remembered what Tom had said and decided to ignore it. He walked into the alley. It was quiet. A little too quiet... Then, all of a sudden, Johnny heard screeching tires, then laughter, then gunshots, then blood-curdling screams coming from a woman. He became very frightened and started to run. Johnny then saw to bright lights, right in front of him! He tried to run away but it didn't work. He heard three loud bangs, then he fell on the ground. Johnny felt air rush by him as the car sped past. He lay there for a few more minutes, in such bad shock and losing so much blood that he hardly knew what was going on, and then, silence.

Johnny saw nothing. He was in complete darkness, and it felt like he was inside a box. Claustrophobia started to settle in... "Help! Help!" Johnny screamed! But nobody came. He started kicking and punching at the top of the box. After about an hour of doing this, the wood started to break! He was set free of his small confining only to be covered in dirt. So Johhny began digging. After hours and hours of swallowing dirt, being crawled on by worms, and falling back in the box, he saw light! Johnny pulled himself out of the deep hole and stood up. It was night-time. Confused and frightened, Johnny walked home and collapsed on his bed in his dark room...

When Johnny awoke, he thought the whole thing was a bad dream. He went into the bathroom and looked at his face in the mirror. "Wow! I look more pail than usual..." Johnny said. He also had slightly dark rings under his eyes. This whole thing was getting very strange... Johnny's mother wasn't home. "She must have already went to work..." he thought. Johnny then waited six hours until his mom got home.

Johnny's mother, Lisa, stared at him with a blank look on her face. "Mom, are you OK?" Johnny asked with concern. Lisa didn't respond. Before her son could ask again, she collapsed onto the ground. "Oh my god!" Johnny said as he ran over to his mother, but then his back started hurting. He fell down on one knee and shouted curse words in pain. Johnny put a hand on his back and felt something out of the ordinary, three holes. "What the hell?!?" Johnny thought. He walked over to a mirror and saw something he hadn't noticed before. Johnny wasn't wearing the same clothes as he was on the last day of school, he was wearing a suit. Had he even gone to the party after class? No. He suddenly remembered everything that happened, the alley, the car, and the gunshot. Johnny felt his chest. No heartbeat. "What is going on???" Johnny thought.

After hours and hours of thinking, Johnny came to the obvious but painfully strange idea that he is dead. He looked over at his passed out mother, whom he had completely forgotten about. "She will wake up eventually." Johnny thought, and walked outside. "What to do, what to do?" He asked himself. Johnny got the idea to call his best friend, Tom.

"Hello?" said a female voice. It was Tom's mom. "Is Tom there?" Johnny asked. "I'm sorry, Tom doesn't want to talk right now, he is very sad because of the death of his friend. He feels so guilty for not stopping him from... never mind. Who is this? Can i take a message?" she responded. "Yeah." Johnny said. "Tell him it's not his fault." "Wait! Who is th..." but before she could finish, Johnny hung up. He was saddened by his mothers strange reaction towards him, and his friend's unwillingness to even communicate because of his death. "What is the purpose of my resurrection?" He thought. As a living corpse, society would never except Johnny, so he would have to go where no-one would ever find him. His body would eventually rot anyways, leaving him nothing but an invisible spirit. So, Johnny went back to the graveyard, climbed inside his grave, and reburied himself, where nobody would ever see him again.

What is the point of Johnny's life after death? Even to this day he does not know the answer to this and other questions such as: Will he ever seek revenge on the ones who killed him? Will he ever become used to his new conditions? and will Johnny ever get a real afterlife? The answers to these questions may never be revealed.

Not The End?

---------------------------------------------
----------------------------------
Woo Hoo! eight paragraphs! i know that doesnt really count towords the quality, but i find this much better than my last zombie story. i said "Not The End" because it may just be just the beginning of his zombie life. its a cliffhanger of sorts.

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 8th, 2007 @ 03:07 PM Reply

Nice story monkey eeerrrm i mean monkey v lol. Its alot better than your last one (no offense lol) and it was a close match between you and ryan. However, unfortunetly you made a ghost story and not a zombie story so i have to hand the reward to ryan. But not is all bad.

I have a surprise for all those who contended. All of you will get an increase of rank even if you didn't win. Phantom, for winning, you are now advanced into the black book group. CONGRATILATIONS! Ryan, for winning second place, you are put into the red group. And monkey, for 3rd place, you will be advanced one rank. Welcome to the red group. Congrats contenders!