00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

131,108 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-07 19:10:01

errrr, oookaay. Thats not really related to club but ill let you off with a warning. Anyways me and and skater have made a deal. I cannot enclose the details yet, until the competition is over. Now this is extremely important go to this link and vote for skatin's preloader fairly. . Be nice and critizim is highly approved, that way he can make the complete and improved preloader before the competition ends.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-07 20:21:29

hey im just wondering... are you allow to post your storys in the writers thread?

The Lack of content here, Is suprising.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-07 20:23:48

of course! Thats the very blood and soul of this club. Expecially now since they banned bbs storys, it seems this is the only place besides the writers guild where anybody can post storys anymore.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-07 21:06:36

Prophesy: The Chosen One, the 3rd chapter is done

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-07 22:13:28

wow, ever since they banned bbs storys, this place has been busy and rolling

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-07 22:24:15

i would think so...

tell you what ill be a temporay member cuz no one wants to go to my page.

hey i also got a idea.

what do you think about this. we make setting that who all would agree on, then all the writers would write storys with the same setting.

let me make a example:

a easy setting: Zombie invasion.

so maybe one writer would write about a swat team that surviveing, while another one is writeing one on about the tenage boy on his own surviveing a few blocks down. except that we will make a better setting that zombie invasion

whadya think?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-07 23:17:25

already got those. They're called contests. We havent had one in a while. And btw what site are you talkin about?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 00:08:58

I'd be up for a contest actually. Gives me a chance to write someone else's idea I suppose.

Can someone set one up?

Keep in mind there needs to be judges as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 00:40:27

well im farely busy. Anybody can set thier own up. However, if its not me, monkeyv, or phantom who sets it up, it means there will be no reward.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 02:04:59

At 8/7/07 03:32 PM, gunground wrote: lol, its just that 90% of everybody in this crew IS 13 or 14. Why, even phantom is 13 or 14!

How dare you insult me in such an offending manner, my profile age is correct and I shall slaughter all who fail to believe me.

Regardless of the imbeciles who don't believe me, I can now write again and I might try to soon enough, so thou shall see how I write when I actually feel like it.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 03:40:01

At 8/8/07 12:40 AM, gunground wrote: well im farely busy. Anybody can set thier own up. However, if its not me, monkeyv, or phantom who sets it up, it means there will be no reward.

Oh I'm not interested in any reward or anything, as I'm sure others would agree. I'm more just interested in competing against others I suppose. Gives me incentive to write better stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 04:18:25

what have you switched from story writing to poet writing phantom? Lolz. Okay for the contest, there will be no reward. The genre is survival in the woods. You have wrecked your only means of transportation (plane,car,train, etc) and are now stranded in the woods with 3 other people. You must write a MAXIMUM one page story on what happens next (you do not need to have a ending wether or not they make it out, simple thier first month they are there)

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 07:55:20

WWWAAAAAHHHHH I started making the story and then I had to re-format my pc because of some errors I mentioned in it before and now I lost the story I made for the contest. WWWAAAAHHHH. I have so much work to do besides it that I'm fucked, also, when's the deadline on the story? I need till tomorrow at least with all the shit I have going on.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 12:50:32

Anyway I restored everything and finished the story, I hope you like it, it's short but sweet.

"To bear or not to bear" By "Phantom"

A loud sound rumbles a tree in the cold snowy woods of Colorado. "Aww, great work Jake; now we're stuck in the middle of nowhere where no one ever goes and we'll die out here, thanks a lot Jake".

"Well it's not my fucking fault I lost control of the steering wheel Jason".

Patrick, Jason, Mike and Jake were out on a road trip to see a basketball game in Denver but halfway through in the snowy roads the wheel stopped working and the group smashed into a nearby woods.

"Look you whiners, this isn't about to help any of us, now the plan is to..." Mike started to say when they heard a loud bear growl. Mike panics and climbs a tree while uttering "Shit" over and over again. Jason takes over and speaks up, "Ok, don't freak, let's get in the car and hide for a bit, the bear will go".

"Oh, great idea; get in the car where all the food is, great idea Jason..." Jake says.

Out of the white snowy woods a bear hungry for meat appeared growling and sniffed around the area. Patrick was on a tree and Jason, Mike and Jake were exposed in front of the bear, Jake fell down pretending to be dead and Jason just remained standing there shocked by the massive animal, Patrick simply started running to the road and didn't stop till he reached Mexico. The bear growled again and clawed Jason, ripping him apart and slowly killing him, Jake watched with one eye open praying he won't end up the same, and after the bear turned around to take a few bites out of Jason he took off, the bear heard the running sounds and ran after, the beast quickly caught up and bit his leg, it was broken at once.

The angry animal then neared his face and snapped Jake's neck like a twig, all whilst Mike looked on with horror from the tree he was on and the bear failed to notice. But then the branch he was on broke and he fell with a loud rumble, to which the bear reacted by nearing Mike. The angry, hungry and ferocious animal neared Mike, and backed away, leaving the area. Mike can't believe his luck and runs into the open road, where out of nowhere, a massive truck hits him and kills him, out of it comes a worried driver, and Mike's friend, Patrick shocked that his friend died before his eyes. And so it was that out of a horrible car crush and a bear attack, the one who simply ran the fuck off, survived, may that be your lesson.

THE END.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 13:09:24

At 8/7/07 07:10 PM, gunground wrote:

Now this is extremely important go to this link and vote for skatin's preloader fairly. . Be nice and critizim is highly approved, that way he can make the complete and improved preloader before the competition ends.

k, i will go and vote for skatan then. go tool!

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 13:50:54

At 8/7/07 03:56 PM, MonkeyV wrote:

im gonna guess your 19. (no reading previous posts)

oh, and SHAPOW.

Close. I'm 18. ^-^ You gets a cookie!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-08 17:23:36

At 8/7/07 11:17 PM, gunground wrote: already got those. They're called contests. We havent had one in a while. And btw what site are you talkin about?

I didnt mean for it to be a contest... but ok i give it a go! oh and my newgrounds userpage. NG 4EVAR
(wilderness aint my strong suit...)

------------------------
------------------------

"We've been out here for two weeks now"
"I know Shelia, it just so... unreal."
i looked up at the stars, there were lovely as always. they seemed like the only thing left I could enjoy with Shelia. yet is seem to be the only thing I needed. sitting on that cliff, with water below,
it just seemed like nothing else mattered.
"Axin?" Sheila said after awile.
"Yes?" I replied.
"Are going to make it out of here?"
"I Promise."

I took one last look at the stars, then we both stood up, and headed back to the shelter I made.

-----------------

"Axin wake up. I need you to catch me a fish to eat. and the fire died last night so you will need to fix that."
"Ugg... James, you have done nothing to help us survive for two weeks, make your own d*mn fish. I can't do everything."
"But i'm rich" he replied I snooty tone, "I dont dirty my hands with such work."

"Ok, you know what?" I said, standing up, " I am tired your "I'm rich" excuse. Shelia's done more that you and shes a girl!" and with that, I picked him up from the collar and his back belt buckle and walked him to the edge of cliff we sat last night.

"What are you doing!? put me down!" James exclaimed, but I just swung him back and said.
"One..."
"Wait you don't possibly mean to..."
"Two" and I swung him farther back."
" No please don't!
"Three!" and with that I let go of him and watched him fall of the cliff. I heard him scream all the way down, which i must say, was very amusing. plus his face, Priceless.

SPLASH!

I saw him go under.

"Don't you think that was a little harsh?" Sheila ask, who was work on getting the fire started .
"Nope!" i said in return.

I looked back down and saw that he came up. James looked at me and gave me the finger. I could tell that he was furious with me.

I yelled down to him,"Thats what you get for Being a whiny windbag!

I walked away from the cliff, checking the camp. everything seemed in order, so i said to Shelia, "Im heading up to the upper lake to sling some fish. When James comes up, tell him to check the bearbags. If he complains, kick him of the cliff again."

------------------------

I stood perfectly still, didn't make a sound. I had my target unaware marked. i just had to wait for the right moment.

not yet...
not yet...
NOW!

i thrust the wooden stake down forcefully, and a got a satifying resistance. i pulled it out of the water to have a fish firmly stuck on the end.

"SCORE!" I said outloud. and with that I started to walk happly back to the camp.

-----------------------
more later cuz im tired

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 01:58:30

Family emergency, so im on high alert. I leave monkey and phantom in charge until 2 hours from now when im sure everything is okay.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 02:01:22

what kind of writing?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 02:55:19

Everythings calm down and alert system is now on yellow. So the deadline is tommorow *24 hours from this post*

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 03:18:21

Hello, everyone. My names Ryan and i just created a new account. I swicthed from my old one because i wanted to start fresh for when i start to release my writing. I'm a screenwriter and i attend Ex'pressions college in Emeryville Cali. I've been writing since i was about 8 but didnt really get better at it until about middle school. I wrote all through High school, I have stories , works in progress and even just ideas written on the backs of lecture notes, stacked up to the ceiling. Also just to let everyone who cares to read this know that i'm looking for voice acting talent and an artist. Both jobs are difficult but if you think you have the skill plz contact me for more info...thanks. I look forward to working with everyone.

I write stories for life. I sit and i write...Its Quite now... No sound but the pencil on the paper and your thoughts running wild... Is there anything better in the world?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 03:35:51

Welcome to the club *no pun intended*. Right now most of are pretty busy in various projects. Right now i have been elected temporary leader of a "allied" site. And i have been granted gold membership to the rpg group on a rpg site. which coincedently i have been nominated for admin status.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 05:20:02

At 8/9/07 03:18 AM, SouleMan86 wrote: My names Ryan

He stoled my name!

...Site...Still...Down...Can't do...anything...about it.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 05:35:43

Ops, sry i gave wrong link. here is the right one.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 12:18:47

Well I posted part of my story The Schlachter Project on the website where I work. I got some nice reviews and some tips. If you want to see it go to www.myarcadeplanet.com and you'll see it in the Blues Bar.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 13:42:57

At 8/9/07 05:20 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 8/9/07 03:18 AM, SouleMan86 wrote: My names Ryan
He stoled my name!

...Site...Still...Down...Can't do...anything...about it.

Well, I been here since 2003 on my other account, so technically you stole my name. But you can call me whatever you want.

I write stories for life. I sit and i write...Its Quite now... No sound but the pencil on the paper and your thoughts running wild... Is there anything better in the world?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 15:44:24

well currently theres a small writing contest. if you want you can sumbit a entry for it that be nice. the theme is wilderness survial.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 15:47:30

At 8/9/07 02:01 AM, Bloodspade wrote: what kind of writing?

any kind of writing

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 18:11:54

At 8/9/07 03:47 PM, naruto-ninja999 wrote:
At 8/9/07 02:01 AM, Bloodspade wrote: what kind of writing?
any kind of writing

Yeah anything I've written is too big to fit in the forum. I'll try writing something to do with wilderness survival that would be small enough to fit in here. When does the contest end?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-09 18:33:08

At 8/9/07 03:44 PM, naruto-ninja999 wrote: well currently theres a small writing contest. if you want you can sumbit a entry for it that be nice. the theme is wilderness survial.

we already did a wilderness survival contest, i have no problem with another one happening, but i tried and i won by default. honestly i didnt do so good and it wasnt very fun writing it, so unless im really bored, i think im going to sit this one out.

oh and gunground, how are you doing on the bios for the raidforce mania project?

BBS Signature