New Topic Respond to this Topic
1Housefan
1Housefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 26th, 2007 @ 03:45 PM Reply

Okay so my writer's block is partially gone, unfortunately it's only for my Harry Potter fanfiction, and the info I need is on HP-Lexicon (since I don't have book 6 with me) and the Lexicon is having issues. I also have a story involving a woman trying to find the killer of her entire family.

gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 26th, 2007 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 7/26/07 03:45 PM, 1Housefan wrote: Okay so my writer's block is partially gone, unfortunately it's only for my Harry Potter fanfiction, and the info I need is on HP-Lexicon (since I don't have book 6 with me) and the Lexicon is having issues. I also have a story involving a woman trying to find the killer of her entire family.

A harry potter fanfiction? fanfictions are not a very good idea, cuz if you do publish it, you have to give a huge chunk of your profit to the writer of the original harry potter books

Francesko
Francesko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 04:13 AM Reply

Yooo guys gunground wanted me 2 post here i mite join pretty soon.

gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 05:29 AM Reply

well me and monkey are swamped with work and are extremely busy. Phantom, im putting you in charge until we finish off these remaining projects

Phantom
Phantom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 06:00 AM Reply

At 7/27/07 05:29 AM, gunground wrote: well me and monkey are swamped with work and are extremely busy. Phantom, im putting you in charge until we finish off these remaining projects

Sure, I'll take care of anything that might come up, but only till Sunday because then my pc is getting fixed and even I won't be around... Not to mention I can't write even I did feel like it, which I don't because my new Office 2007 doesn't have spell check and whenever I try to write I feel this awkward feeling like I've misspelled something and can't go on... Some thing I see "Francesko" doesn't have problems with...By the way I'd discourage anyone from letting him join, the word mite just mad my head ache.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC
NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.
I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature
TigerEyes
TigerEyes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 06:13 AM Reply

Hey guys,

I am a writer, everything about the art is addicting. For the most part I write screenplays, I've made a few short films, and made a full length screenplay I've been editing for a while, never have been happy with it as a whole.

I write a lot of short stories, sometimes poetry, and an idea for a novel exploded into my head recently.

My main question, as I think questions forward discussion, is "Have You Ever Tried to Write a Screenplay, what challenges did you face, did you like the visual format better than a novel or were the freeform perameters of a page more fulfilling?"

BBS Signature
TigerEyes
TigerEyes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 06:22 AM Reply

Oh, and I forgot, what I suppose is the most imporant part.

How many years have you been writing: It depends, how long have my hands been developed enough to hold a pen. Say, 16 years,
How many flash story's you have written: Well, I haven't written anything for newgrounds, but I've written countless screenplays for "The Movies Online" which seems to be flash-like.
How many real life story's you have written: I have written a few short films, had a short story published once, nothing major. I am learning, getting better I hope.
And your name (optional): Eric, but you can call me Eric.

BBS Signature
blamninja1
blamninja1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 12:52 PM Reply

Screenplay Update!...

Lucern is much quicker in his strides than Karnalgio. As they close in on each other, Lucern rapidly begins to circle around Karnalgio like a vulture. Him quickly swoops in and slashes at Karnalgio, but only cuts sections of his cape. Karnalgio blindly swings his morningstar, with unsucessful results. After a few strikes, Karnalgio connects a blow on Lucern's thigh, Lucern yelps in pain and stumbles to the ground, trying to crawl away as blood sprays onto the arena sand. Karnalgio smashes Lucern's right arm and hand, blood flies, the crowd gasps. Lucern rolls onto his back in submission.

Lucern: (gasping for air, eyes wide) Please, mercy!

Karnalgio: ( harshly stares at Lucern) If you want mercy, earn it, you coward.

Karnalgio slowly raises up his morningstar.

Lucern: ( whimpers) No!

Karnalgio slams the morningstar into Lucern's face, tearing flesh and instantly slaying him. Blood splatters from the deep spike wounds as arena workers rush onto the field and remove Lucern's body with a strecher.

Announcer: ...and the victor is, Karnalgio the Mace!

Crowd boos, but with much less enthusiasm than before, as Karnalgio walks toward the arena exit.

Thats just scene one, hope you liked it.

To be or not to be....
You get the idea.

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 01:39 PM Reply

nice blamninja! i think that this would make a great flash. i like reading your screenplays and i look forward to scene two.

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 7/27/07 06:00 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 7/27/07 05:29 AM, gunground wrote: well me and monkey are swamped with work and are extremely busy. Phantom, im putting you in charge until we finish off these remaining projects
Sure, I'll take care of anything that might come up, but only till Sunday because then my pc is getting fixed and even I won't be around... Not to mention I can't write even I did feel like it, which I don't because my new Office 2007 doesn't have spell check and whenever I try to write I feel this awkward feeling like I've misspelled something and can't go on... Some thing I see "Francesko" doesn't have problems with...By the way I'd discourage anyone from letting him join, the word mite just mad my head ache.

Dont wry, i should be plenty done by then. Also about that france guy, hes a flash maker im working with, i asked him to say something on topic to bring up a conversation with whoever was on, more people who are having a conversation about this, the more people join. obviously it failed miserably :p.

As for tiger, welcome to the club. I c from your credentials that you and blam are highly active writers in the writing community, and there is a great chance you will be accepted into the 2 black books crew, that is, if you want to.

Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 06:25 PM Reply

Hey! I am back. And have been working bit by bit on the new chapter. It's only like a few lines everyday, though.

I have found quite a respect for Edgar Allan Poe's works as of late.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 27th, 2007 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 7/27/07 06:25 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Hey! I am back. And have been working bit by bit on the new chapter. It's only like a few lines everyday, though.

I have found quite a respect for Edgar Allan Poe's works as of late.

Weclome back! ALot has happened since you last posted here. So far we're hitting the jackpot and im getting applications from people every day! So far we're working on four projects, not including the fact that im helping make a series!. You know if you want you can still join in on the fun :)

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 28th, 2007 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 7/27/07 06:32 PM, gunground wrote: Weclome back! ALot has happened since you last posted here. So far we're hitting the jackpot and im getting applications from people every day! So far we're working on four projects, not including the fact that im helping make a series!. You know if you want you can still join in on the fun :)

yes, that would help out a lot. im trying to get in one story basis for gunground a day (i have to do it for the raidforce project) and i bet either he or i could use help.

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 29th, 2007 @ 09:44 AM Reply

At 7/28/07 10:52 PM, MonkeyV wrote:
At 7/27/07 06:32 PM, gunground wrote: Weclome back! ALot has happened since you last posted here. So far we're hitting the jackpot and im getting applications from people every day! So far we're working on four projects, not including the fact that im helping make a series!. You know if you want you can still join in on the fun :)
yes, that would help out a lot. im trying to get in one story basis for gunground a day (i have to do it for the raidforce project) and i bet either he or i could use help.

Well i have massive writers block right now *i have only got 4 bios done and i already am having problems* so it would be greatly appreciated if you help make the bios out. Im a bit behind. *link to forum is on page 4)

1Housefan
1Housefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 29th, 2007 @ 03:41 PM Reply

At 7/26/07 03:53 PM, gunground wrote:
A harry potter fanfiction? fanfictions are not a very good idea, cuz if you do publish it, you have to give a huge chunk of your profit to the writer of the original harry potter books

I'm not writing the fanfiction with any plan to publish. It's just a side project, i add a little bit to it every now and again to help flush out ideas for my stories. Right now I'm working on a World War 2 series and a stand alone novel about a female Nazi member. History yay

Skilla
Skilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 29th, 2007 @ 04:38 PM Reply

WTFFFF!!?!?!?!?!?!?! I MADE A CLUB CALLED WRITERS/ANIMATORS/AUDIOISTS club & it was like the illest theme thing ever & THIS lasted by mine didn't im pissed but u know wat man GJ show

Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 29th, 2007 @ 04:55 PM Reply

Crap!

The site where I host my stories is down for maintanence. Which is annoying, because it seems to do that every 2 days. *note to self, move stories to a better site*. What I was planning on doing was revamping my earlier stories, which, frankly, have the writing skill of a dog.

My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 29th, 2007 @ 11:22 PM Reply

Sorry guys, my computer's fucked up and for now I'm leaving MonkeyV in charge for the time being until my computer is OK. So don't PM me if ur PMing me, PM Monkey.

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 30th, 2007 @ 01:31 PM Reply

At 7/29/07 11:22 PM, gunground wrote: Sorry guys, my computer's fucked up and for now I'm leaving MonkeyV in charge for the time being until my computer is OK. So don't PM me if ur PMing me, PM Monkey.

thank you. i was banned yesterday for posting in a spam thread, but im back now, so until gunground can get his computer up and running, ill be excepting all of your pms that would go to him and ill welcome new people. it wont be too different.

now, i better keep workin' on them raidforce things...

BBS Signature
Rague
Rague
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 31st, 2007 @ 02:47 AM Reply

It's mind-boggling. 417 views, 35 replies minus mine. " I'm losing inspiration...and slowly becoming drowned in a pool of depression from where Lucifer once drank.... "

~ Hail Jimson

Was the best quote I could find to describe my dissapointment with the responses in this.....

1Housefan
1Housefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 31st, 2007 @ 03:24 PM Reply

I got a job writing game descriptions on myarcadeplanet.com! I would appreciate it if you guys came to support me there.

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Jul. 31st, 2007 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 7/31/07 03:24 PM, 1Housefan wrote: I got a job writing game descriptions on myarcadeplanet.com! I would appreciate it if you guys came to support me there.

all right. and the guy that posted before you...

so, do you need help or something?

BBS Signature
Rague
Rague
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Aug. 1st, 2007 @ 04:02 AM Reply

At 7/31/07 09:58 PM, MonkeyV wrote:
At 7/31/07 03:24 PM, 1Housefan wrote: I got a job writing game descriptions on myarcadeplanet.com! I would appreciate it if you guys came to support me there.
all right. and the guy that posted before you...

so, do you need help or something?

A review, a proper one. I've got only 2 proper, a few deleted, and the others "nice story" and "liked it".
It's just, when I don't get constructive criticism, I go nuts.
Nothing I write is perfect, and I've gone into mental relapse which is preventing any good ideas from flowing.

NightCrawler
NightCrawler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Aug. 1st, 2007 @ 04:44 AM Reply

I didn't see this before, and I'm very eager to join this club. Let's get down to the mini-questionaire so to say.

Now remember,To join the Writers club simply post
How many years have you been writing:

For as long as I can remember. I'd say over a decade.

How many flash story's you have written:

One, even though it's in three parts. I did write a story that Luis was interested in animating, but it never worked out. :'(

How many real life story's you have written:

Pretty much all my stories are some kind of variaton of my own experience. Whether it be something I dream, or something that just happened to occur to me.

And your name (optional):

Travis.

That should be all. To start off, here is a link to an unfortunately locked thread that contains a story I wrote. I would highly appreciate any criticism.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/7462 49

Thank you for your time.

BBS Signature
MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Aug. 1st, 2007 @ 09:50 AM Reply

At 8/1/07 04:44 AM, NightCrawler wrote: That should be all. To start off, here is a link to an unfortunately locked thread that contains a story I wrote. I would highly appreciate any criticism.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/7462 49

Thank you for your time.

welcome to the club! enjoy your stay. also, i read that topic before it got locked, and i liked the story. you got some talent.

and rague, i will read your story and leave criticism. (:
thank you everybody. everything settled?

BBS Signature
blamninja1
blamninja1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Aug. 1st, 2007 @ 10:45 AM Reply

That's a very good story. Nice job, NightCrawler!

To be or not to be....
You get the idea.

gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Aug. 1st, 2007 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Congrats. I have a few minutes on the computer at my sis's house so ill try to pick where i left off. Good luck 1house, your on your way to the big leagues. Finding a sponsor is a very important step. What was the sponsors name?

pointydagger
pointydagger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Aug. 1st, 2007 @ 10:24 PM Reply

sorry i havent been on in a while. I told you that i would probobly not be on enough to help with the project!

Ive had sex with grandma, apple pie, and baseball. That means that i have had sex with america.
I N V U 4 U R A Q T < You really are. ;)

gunground
gunground
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Aug. 1st, 2007 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 8/1/07 10:24 PM, pointydagger wrote: sorry i havent been on in a while. I told you that i would probobly not be on enough to help with the project!

It's alright. the same for me, its a long story and id prefer not having to repeat it seven more times. anyways if you have any questions ask them verys soon, for i wont be able to answer them til friday

1Housefan
1Housefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club Aug. 1st, 2007 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 8/1/07 08:41 PM, gunground wrote:
Congrats. I have a few minutes on the computer at my sis's house so ill try to pick where i left off. Good luck 1house, your on your way to the big leagues. Finding a sponsor is a very important step. What was the sponsors name?

Sponsor? I guess one of my friends offered me the job judging by my posting ability on the site's forums. But yeah I'm basically still unknown but it's something to put on my resume. I might see if I can write for my college's paper too.