Be a Supporter!

VGDC Arnie Contest

  • 6,581 Views
  • 106 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Yoshi-1up
Yoshi-1up
  • Member since: May. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Musician
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 21:24:44 Reply

ARNIE IS HILARIOUS. CUZ HES RETARDED LOLOLL RETARDED PEOPLE R FUNNY HAAHHAAH CUZ THEYRE RETARDED DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

hardcoreBUM
hardcoreBUM
  • Member since: May. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 23:09:39 Reply

At 6/25/07 09:24 PM, Yoshi-1up wrote: ARNIE IS HILARIOUS. CUZ HES RETARDED LOLOLL RETARDED PEOPLE R FUNNY HAAHHAAH CUZ THEYRE RETARDED DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Epic win.

You're my hero.

Thread stops after that.

I'm out.

-DariusR


Sex for booze.
Sex for post count +1000.

BBS Signature
swiftstylerX
swiftstylerX
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 00:26:46 Reply

Okay, first thing I want to say is this: I HATE sprite flashes.

You guys seriously need to calm down on Randy. The guy has bills to pay and also works for another job, so why can't he make some god damn little flashes as a hobby?

Sure he makes money off of advertising, but who cares? You're telling me you wouldn't make a site with advertising? IT'S FREE MONEY, WHICH IS AWESOME, SO SHUT THE HELL UP.

Randy's flashes take just as much time and effort as any vector-based flash does. The only difference is that he uses a character owned by somebody else. He doesn't make any money off of that character so why does it matter?

He makes money off of donations and advertising, not direct selling of the fan movies he makes. Which is NOT illegal, and in no way should be interpreted as something offensive to others.

Besides, this guy has gotten laid more than any of you crappy computer nerds. (Yes I am also a nerd, but the word doesn't offend me so don't even try, you'll be wasting your time)

Why should Randy be punished for having a hobby? Because he banned some people at his forums? Jesus Christ, grow up. It's a forum, he's paying for it, he created it, he administrates it, and he can do whatever the f*ck he wants with it.

Just grow up and stop acting like a bunch of retards. I dare any of you to walk up to Randy, and actually try to win a fight against him. The guy is ripped and could knock your head through a block of cement.

Also: lololololol spitres wiht dA f4rts arz awsum!

Yoshi-1up
Yoshi-1up
  • Member since: May. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Musician
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 01:30:28 Reply

Haha. This guy is so cereal.

swiftstylerX
swiftstylerX
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 02:16:46 Reply

At 6/26/07 01:30 AM, Yoshi-1up wrote: Haha. This guy is so cereal.

Not just any kind of cereal, I'm Cap'N Crunch, b*tch.

FloppyDiskClock
FloppyDiskClock
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 03:02:42 Reply

If Randy was to actually reply in this thread without making fun of a retard or insulting someone then maybe people would actually be nicer to the idea as a whole, because right now you are coming along as a ignorant person.


BBS Signature
Sonucais
Sonucais
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Programmer
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 09:53:14 Reply

This thead is turning gold!

Lilmario
Lilmario
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 10:47:13 Reply

Ahhh these threads indeed rock. Much love to the clocks :D

::I am such a fucking hypocrite for making sprite movies but I've never profited or whatever from any of them, and I make some drawn movies too =(

Incognitus
Incognitus
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Animator
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 13:46:54 Reply

It's toodles.

That is all.

Randy-Solem
Randy-Solem
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 17:26:14 Reply

At 6/26/07 01:46 PM, Incognitus wrote: It's toodles.

That is all.

no my friend, since I love bathroom humor so much I was leaving you with soft, little farts.
Tootles.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tootles

Randy-Solem
Randy-Solem
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 17:28:10 Reply

At 6/26/07 10:47 AM, Lilmario wrote: Ahhh these threads indeed rock. Much love to the clocks :D

I am such a fucking hypocrite for making sprite movies but I've never profited or whatever from any of them, and I make some drawn movies too =(

Indeed. It is only I who get 100s of replies from haters (and lovers thanks guys!) My forum has gotten 100s of signups since the post as well.

LordOfKetchup
LordOfKetchup
  • Member since: May. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 18:14:30 Reply

At 6/26/07 03:02 AM, FloppyDiskClock wrote: If Randy was to actually reply in this thread without making fun of a retard or insulting someone then maybe people would actually be nicer to the idea as a whole, because right now you are coming along as a ignorant person.

This is true. So, Randy, why don't you address any of our arguments instead of striking back with stupid comments?


.

BBS Signature
Randy-Solem
Randy-Solem
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 18:23:13 Reply

At 6/26/07 06:14 PM, LordOfKetchup wrote:
At 6/26/07 03:02 AM, FloppyDiskClock wrote: If Randy was to actually reply in this thread without making fun of a retard or insulting someone then maybe people would actually be nicer to the idea as a whole, because right now you are coming along as a ignorant person.
This is true. So, Randy, why don't you address any of our arguments instead of striking back with stupid comments?

what's do you want me to address? more importantly, if you hate my movies why do you still watch them? that's what i really want to know?

dusted-brain
dusted-brain
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 19:14:58 Reply

At 6/26/07 06:23 PM, Randy-Solem wrote: what's do you want me to address? more importantly, if you hate my movies why do you still watch them? that's what i really want to know?

We don't watch them. That's the whole point. We've seen a few, sure, but no more than that, because they're all shit! I admit, when I was a n00b (and that was actually two years ago, I'm just Lv. 1 here because the Clock Crew BBS is way better than the NG one so I spend all my time there), I used to watch them, and they didn't even really impress me then. I just watched them because I didn't bother checking the author and I'd seen a few funny video game parodies (but not very many). We don't still watch them. So you can take your swollen, ignorant opinion of yourself and shove it up your ass.

Your antics do not amuse.

Randy-Solem
Randy-Solem
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 19:20:12 Reply

We don't still watch them. So you can take your swollen, ignorant opinion of yourself and shove it up your ass.


Your antics do not amuse.

oh yes you do. simmer down there fella

dusted-brain
dusted-brain
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 19:29:03 Reply

At 6/26/07 07:20 PM, Randy-Solem wrote: We don't still watch them. So you can take your swollen, ignorant opinion of yourself and shove it up your ass.

Your antics do not amuse.
oh yes you do. simmer down there fella

Sure, I amuse. What I am saying is that you do not amuse. If you want to make sprite movies, that's fine, but do Newgrounds a favour and try to come up with a new, original idea every once in a while without ruining it by trying to squeeze every bit of publicity out of it. I would actually support that. Also, you are not the Supreme Overlord of Super Nintendo Land. Stop acting like it.

Lilmario
Lilmario
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 20:35:35 Reply

In related news, who did this?

shawnhoude
shawnhoude
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 21:40:36 Reply

Why are all you guys hatin' on Randy Solem? I think what he does is brilliant! Before Randy Solem I would just stare (and jerk off LOL) at Mario animated gifs. I would always wonder if someone could animate Mario dancing and farting.

When did the "I hate Randy Solem" club begin? I know Jeremy Lokken and I (with help from Stamper) used to just hate on him back in the day because of how shitty his flash cartoons were. Being 35 and living at home with his mom didn't help his cause either.

Yoshi-1up
Yoshi-1up
  • Member since: May. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Musician
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 23:38:56 Reply

At 6/26/07 08:35 PM, Lilmario wrote: In related news, who did this?

LOL OMG

That is a small pen0r :\

Lisha-Phunk
Lisha-Phunk
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 23:44:39 Reply

Yeah, i'm not into the retard or fart jokes.
Let's make fun of negros and chinks in a Mario parody! Then make a contest.
I've seen some of the contest entrys. They're all the same!!
Just don't forget the fart joke!

Incognitus
Incognitus
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Animator
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-27 00:29:40 Reply

*adds 'tootles' to dictionary*

D-SuN
D-SuN
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-27 05:00:47 Reply

sprite

Golden-Fox
Golden-Fox
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-27 13:35:33 Reply

At 6/27/07 08:08 AM, TheSPA wrote: u r all just jealous of the amaing Solem. For those new to sprites, if you thought Alvins dbz parody was original take u should see the original farting mario. gr8 stuff truly an inspiration

Yeah you're right. I am Jealous of the AMAZING Solem. After all, he gets front page on every movie he makes, including toilet humor[/sarcasm]

dusted-brain
dusted-brain
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-27 16:19:04 Reply

At 6/27/07 01:35 PM, Golden-Fox wrote:
At 6/27/07 08:08 AM, TheSPA wrote: u r all just jealous of the amaing Solem. For those new to sprites, if you thought Alvins dbz parody was original take u should see the original farting mario. gr8 stuff truly an inspiration
Yeah you're right. I am Jealous of the AMAZING Solem. After all, he gets front page on every movie he makes, including toilet humor[/sarcasm]

Yeah, what's the deal with that? VGDC can get away with mass voting but Clocks can't?

Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-27 18:11:43 Reply

At 6/27/07 04:19 PM, dusted-brain wrote:
At 6/27/07 01:35 PM, Golden-Fox wrote:
At 6/27/07 08:08 AM, TheSPA wrote: u r all just jealous of the amaing Solem. For those new to sprites, if you thought Alvins dbz parody was original take u should see the original farting mario. gr8 stuff truly an inspiration
Yeah you're right. I am Jealous of the AMAZING Solem. After all, he gets front page on every movie he makes, including toilet humor[/sarcasm]
Yeah, what's the deal with that? VGDC can get away with mass voting but Clocks can't?

Ha ha, idiots.. VGDC doesn't need to play with cheap ass tactics such as mass voting to earn an award on NG unlike the clocks here who would have more than half of there movies blammed if it not for it..

BigMike-Sidelka
BigMike-Sidelka
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-28 00:39:31 Reply

Lol, I love this thread! First off let me say that this. Sprite haters are gay. If your as so ignorant to bash on a style of animation so harshly just because they don't draw customs? What about people who draw custom sprites? Thats takes alot of effort in it self. The reason Randy is posting his comebacks as such, is because he couldn't care less what you guys think, nor is he going to waste his time bitching out a bunch of in-pubic little bitches that will do nothing but cry to there computer screen. Maybe if you guys go outside, and get some fresh air. Maybe even play some football, you guys wouldn't feel so obligated to bash and people who prefer to use sprites to make tributes to there childhood.

Fattyboy
Fattyboy
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-28 10:14:14 Reply

lmao, I love how most people making fun of this thread, saying he is unoriginal or gay, all have CLOCK in their name. IMO, that's the gayest fad on this site, and its not funny at all. Every single thing is becoming a clock, yet no one is laughing. The only clock that warrants a spot in Newgrounds is Strawberry clock, because he was the first, and only one.

gg

BigMike-Sidelka
BigMike-Sidelka
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-28 13:47:34 Reply

At 6/28/07 09:04 AM, Jullus wrote:
At 6/28/07 12:39 AM, BigMike-Sidelka wrote: Lol, I love this thread! First off let me say that this. Sprite haters are gay.
woweee buddy spirte haters are gay and sprites are now a style of animation.

Anyhow i'm going to quote Sinister here for two reasons. 1. I cannot be bothered to argue this shit with you morons again and 2. I myself couldnt articulate it better.

" Fact; Ripping sprites from a videogame is harder than animating with sprites.
Fact; Finding sprites ripped from videogames is easy as shit.
Fact; Bitmap tracing and animating sprites is easy as shit.
Fact; Making custom sprites based off an existing character model is easy as shit.
Fact; The only people that would use pre-existant graphics to animate are either people who can't draw, or people who are seriously lazy
I've worked some with low-definition pixelized graphics myself, and I can guarantee that it's much harder to do stuff from scratch in comparison to just making slight edits to sprites stolen from classic videogame no. 3246. However, that still doesn't make it hard work; It just takes a bit longer than drawing it with vector based tools, and is actually EASIER because you have more control and because errors are easier to both detect and fix."

So we have established that sprite animations are easier to make. Big fucking deal. They still take effort and time. I myself can't draw so I stick with sprites. Not everyone has the talent to draw. Drawn movies are not better than sprites at all. Some maybe, but I enjoy watching sprites more than fresh drawn. Never in my argument did I ever say that it was harder with sprites. I know its easier, no reason to bash it. Thats like saying techno is worst the rock just because techno uses computers to make shortcuts where rock is all instrumental. Your argument is void and retarded. No go cut your wrists.

Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-28 16:51:09 Reply

Who gives a fuck, sprite animators ( most of them) are just in this to have a bit of fun, most of us don't give two shits about getting the small reward icon. We just need a place where we can show what we can make with these old gaming gems. So I really don't know why people make such a big deal about sprite animations. Are you angry because sometimes they score higher than a drawn movie? Its too bad because its your own NG community that gives the ratings these movies can somtimes get. Maybe these other artists just aren't trying hard enough if a sprite animator can beat them, who gives a fuck if they can draw real nice they need to make sure that the story they put in the animation can keep hold of the viewers interest if they ever want to go somewhere with their art talents.

Yoshi-1up
Yoshi-1up
  • Member since: May. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Musician
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-28 21:06:42 Reply

Yeh, it's just for fun. Tiny hobby. We don't make bank off of it :P Just enough for 1 meal a day LOL.

And this thread isn't about sprite haters and stuff, its about DURRRRRRRRR contest

I already made one! I hope i win!! DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR