New Topic Respond to this Topic
bigexplosions
bigexplosions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 10:18:42 Reply

At 6/24/07 03:14 AM, KJ-Freakish wrote: Clearly you know quality with your sub-par clock flashes right? I mean really, when tweening sprites was clearly to hard for you why did you think that you could handle drawing and coming up with a story line. I can prove my point with a link to your "Movies".

Woah am I stuck in 2001 or something?

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature
Lilmario
Lilmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 10:42:28 Reply

omg liek ill t0tally join :D::D:D:D::D:DD: LOEW U RNADY<33333333333<£

CalamityClock
CalamityClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 10:54:13 Reply

For every poor clock movie links you can provide I can provide you with double the amount of good clock movie links.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa

soupflavoredsoup
soupflavoredsoup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 13:50:53 Reply

If entries made before the contest began count as entries, then I'm entering a sprite movie I made back in the early 1980s called Super Mario Brothers. Nintendo only made the sprites and did the programming and sound effects. But I did the animation, because I'm the one who moved Mario to the right and made him do funny things like hitting his head on bricks and jumping on enemies. It was an 8-scene epic movie in which Mario met up with Arnie at the end of every castle sequence, and Arnie kept saying the same thing over and over. It's a classic. Lots of people have tried to remake it the way I did, but mine was the definitive version of the Super Mario Brothers animation where Mario does things for 24 levels and eventually finds the princess. I'm sure you've heard of it.

hardcoreBUM
hardcoreBUM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 14:02:22 Reply

At 6/24/07 11:18 AM, chubbthehippo wrote: hey, um you know how first place is a PS2 game or XBOX game... or 2nd place is a guide, instead can we just get the prizes in cash, like 1st place $20 and 2nd place $15 like can i have a choice. Cuz i have a 360. and i dont need any guides. so yeah...

How about not joining this gay contest and work for some damn money?

Sex for booze.
Sex for post count +1000.

BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 14:40:31 Reply

At 6/24/07 02:02 PM, hardcoreBUM wrote: How about not joining this gay contest and work for some damn money?

Quit teasing him, nerds can't get jobs. Remember?

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
hardcoreBUM
hardcoreBUM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 17:20:54 Reply

At 6/24/07 04:43 PM, SeanJoystick wrote: fukk offf spryte h8ers

randi ur te playa u ttle pwned those n00bs

Here, people, is a prime example of Randy Solem's fans. Notice the unnecessary use of a BRAIN.

Rofl, talk about lack of spelling and grammar.

The only word you spelled right was "those". Lmao.

Sex for booze.

BBS Signature
JonBro
JonBro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 18:38:51 Reply

At 6/24/07 04:43 PM, SeanJoystick wrote:
fukk offf spryte h8ers

randi ur te playa u ttle pwned those n00bs

I agree with you!

At 6/24/07 05:20 PM, hardcoreBUM wrote: Here, people, is a prime example of Randy Solem's fans. Notice the unnecessary use of a BRAIN.

If you used your brain, you would realize the amount of effort Randy puts into his Flashes. He puts in loads of little details, he edits sprites to make them do things they would never regularly do, he thinks of an idea, sticks to the point, and adds onto it... Randy's works are more elaborate than you think.
If you really just hate the graphics, why don't you put your mind past that? If you payed more attention to the timing and presentation of Randy's works, you might appreciate them quite a bit more than you do now.

~

Golden-Fox
Golden-Fox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 18:47:56 Reply

At 6/24/07 08:29 AM, Sonucais wrote: I just have a comment: '... No thanks'

LOL!

LordOfKetchup
LordOfKetchup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 19:08:08 Reply

At 6/24/07 06:38 PM, JonBro wrote:

:: If you used your brain, you would realize the amount of effort Randy puts into his Flashes. He puts in loads of little details, he edits sprites to make them do things they would never regularly do, he thinks of an idea, sticks to the point, and adds onto it... Randy's works are more elaborate than you think.

If you really just hate the graphics, why don't you put your mind past that? If you payed more attention to the timing and presentation of Randy's works, you might appreciate them quite a bit more than you do now.

putting effort into a movie doesn't decide the quality of it.
sure, he spends a lot of time on his movies, but the truth is, Randy Solem is a sell out.
He lathers his webpages in ads and popups, and he destroys all his good ideas by beating them into the ground, using them over and over again. ROTMK was great, the first ones. But then, when he decided to have them continue and have it all as a dream? what the fuck is that? It's a shameless move to try and overmilk a successful idea. And now with this Arnie. I liked him better as a simple little eegg in the movie, but now that Randy has learned some of his fans liked it, he needs to overmilk this idea. He can't just let something go, oh no, Randy needs to get all the publicity he can out of every idea.
Randy, I liked you in the beggining, with your first ROTMK movies and your Mario vs Sonic, but now you've just reached an all time low with your movies. They're stupid retard and fart jokes, and you just beleive that everyone else loves them too. Well they don't, Randy Solem, and you're not the flash god that you think you are.

BBS Signature
CatSpider
CatSpider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 19:33:47 Reply

hey guys dancing and farts lololololololololololol

PatriotClock
PatriotClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 19:54:27 Reply

At 6/24/07 07:33 PM, CatSpider wrote: hey guys dancing and farts lololololololololololol

What a great idea! We need a movie about this.

BBS Signature
KingDavid
KingDavid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Animator
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 21:43:42 Reply

I hate sprites, but I don't hate randy. I hate Randy' movies however and don't tell me I'm pissed because I'm banned from that hellhole you call a forum, I left on my own free will. I am still technically a member, but I'd shot myself in the face before returning. I may whip something up out of hate for this contest actually.

darkcatwoman13333337
darkcatwoman13333337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-24 21:44:25 Reply

jus so all u loserz know this n stop calling ppl nerds
girls think sprites r HOTT

if randy was a girl I would totally fuck him like i fucked my GF last night

shawnhoude
shawnhoude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 01:04:49 Reply

Fuck, I love sprite animations soooo much! They are so creative and entertaining! I love it when you make Mario dance! How do you come up with such amazing flash animations!? Never in a million years could I come up with something so original. Please make a movie where Luigi dances too. OMFG THAT WOULD BE SO FUNNY!

Bubanka
Bubanka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 01:16:40 Reply

At 6/24/07 09:44 PM, darkcatwoman13333337 wrote: jus so all u loserz know this n stop calling ppl nerds
girls think sprites r HOTT

if randy was a girl I would totally fuck him like i fucked my GF last night

And the forums IQ has broken the record bar and made Arnie himself seem intelligent,
personally, I am looking forward to this, Randy is 1 of the few good sprite artists on Newgrounds.

Accana
Accana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 01:26:55 Reply

not that im planning on entering... but it'll be funny to watch all the entries... and how they'll be made fun of...

I'm a member... i've participated in about 4 contests or so from his site, i won once... and now sprites are kinda boring to me... i hope to be a cartoonist one day maybe for like character design or something... but i dont hate sprites...

you guys really need to try and stop being so tough with a keyboard...

its like being in the special olympics... even if you win your still retarded...

let randy do what he wants dont badger him because he runs the site the way he wants to... since when was the internet a dictatorship?

SupaMarioFan
SupaMarioFan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 06:42:56 Reply

Lol. I know how to solve this problem between two types of flashers.

Sprite-haters - _get out from this thread_ . If you don`t like sprite-movies, why are you writing here? You may continue your working on normal vector-movies.

SupaMarioFan
SupaMarioFan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 06:46:51 Reply

At 6/24/07 07:08 PM, LordOfKetchup wrote: putting effort into a movie doesn't decide the quality of it.
sure, he spends a lot of time on his movies, but the truth is, Randy Solem is a sell out.

Everyone getting money how they can. The adverts on Randy`s site - isn`t a displayer of his selling out and other things like that. Think before post your message =)

Hello from Russia ;)

Ying-yong
Ying-yong
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 11:15:09 Reply

Mom, I want to grow up to be like Randy Solem.

I want to make leigons of flashes about my favorite Nintendo and Sega characters farting. Don't worry about me not making a profit off of these, I've got a nice job at Wal-Mart and I will brush off anyone's helpful comments so I can continue to make what I've always dreamed of doing as a child: making video game characters fart

Yep.

hardcoreBUM
hardcoreBUM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 12:39:33 Reply

At 6/25/07 01:26 AM, Accana wrote: since when was the internet a dictatorship?

Since Al Gore invented it.

And also, we're not in this thread because we hate sprites, we're in it because we hate Randy Solem's jokes and movies, and hating it doesn't give us a reason to leave. We can post whatever the hell we feel and I feel like that a person who animates fart jokes and retarded toads shouldn't deserve so much recognition and the priviledge to post his shitty material on the front page.

And furthermore, I feel like shit since I got banned from VGDC. I think I will go cut myself because a newspaper editor who lives in NJ doesn't allow me to post on his stupid messageboard.

Pssht. Yeah right. Banning people doesn't make you look like a king, Randy.

If Arnie started animating sprites of you and made you look retarded, I'd give all of Arnie's movies a 5.

Sex for booze.

BBS Signature
MetalDart
MetalDart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 14:32:20 Reply

Oh man, the Clocks are great. They're actually doing a great job proving out points and flaws and I just love all of you guys so much. ^_______^

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777
http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.
My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature
Randy-Solem
Randy-Solem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 17:11:26 Reply

Man I love posting here. Each time I do, the same people over and over again just HAVE to post in my threads. You can't help it you just HAVE to don't you? I love getting a stir out of you guys. So other members see what you're writing and say, "what's this all about" and go and visit my site, so I thank you. Flame on.

Randy-Solem
Randy-Solem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 17:12:58 Reply

At 6/25/07 04:51 PM, Bendo wrote:
At 6/24/07 12:25 AM, Randy-Solem wrote:
At 6/23/07 11:54 PM, Monodi wrote: Can I tween a sprite all around other bitmap with the Arnie movie clip all flushed down a giant toilet.jpg? It would be the same.
waaaaaaaaaaaaa!
haha, thats probably what I would have used for a comeback too.

waaaaaaaaaa!

hardcoreBUM
hardcoreBUM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 17:47:28 Reply

At 6/25/07 05:11 PM, Randy-Solem wrote: So other members see what you're writing and say, "what's this all about" and go and visit my site, so I thank you. Flame on.

Everyone, I think we made one publicity-whore really happy.

Hmm, i'm gonna try this.

WAaAaaAaaaaaa

Sex for booze.

BBS Signature
Golden-Fox
Golden-Fox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 18:34:38 Reply

At 6/25/07 05:47 PM, hardcoreBUM wrote:
At 6/25/07 05:11 PM, Randy-Solem wrote: So other members see what you're writing and say, "what's this all about" and go and visit my site, so I thank you. Flame on.
Everyone, I think we made one publicity-whore really happy.

Hmm, i'm gonna try this.

WAaAaaAaaaaaa

ROFL!

dusted-brain
dusted-brain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 19:33:33 Reply

At 6/23/07 08:51 PM, JonBro wrote:
At 6/23/07 08:44 PM, Randy-Solem wrote: or whaaaat, you gonna bust on my movies more? whhhhaaa
lol
Nice one, Randy.

Nice what? What the hell did he say? You call this "humor"?
Ha! Now that's something I find humorous!
"That" being the fact that you call the previous post (or anything created by the miserable sack of monkey shit called Randy Solem) humor! So? What's your "clever" comeback this time?
Tell me when you develop something beyond that vestigal, if existant, sense of humor.

The same goes for all you VGDC fanboys. If something wasn't funny the first time, it's not likely to be funny the next 37 times. Get that through your thick skulls.

And don't criticize me for being a Clock. At least we develop our own individual styles and don't have delusions of grandeur, fame, and power.

hardcoreBUM
hardcoreBUM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 19:48:12 Reply

Yeah, clocks pwn.

And Golden-Fox, say something instead of just "LOLOL".

And you know who I am ;-)

Sex for booze.

BBS Signature
dusted-brain
dusted-brain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 20:21:22 Reply

Damn right.

Golden-Fox
Golden-Fox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-25 21:21:28 Reply

At 6/25/07 07:48 PM, hardcoreBUM wrote: Yeah, clocks pwn.

And Golden-Fox, say something instead of just "LOLOL".

And you know who I am ;-)

You let me worry about that. I say whatever the hell I want. There aren't any rules against someone saying but a bunch initials that represent somone laughing their asses off. I find this funny because Randy knows that there are a bunch of haters out there now and he can't handle it.