- Castle Crashers is an adventure game with rpg elements under develpomement. You play up to four players at the same time. At your place with your buddies next to you, or online. It is a well balanced game completely in 2-D, as a counter to all the 3-D games that flood the market nowadays.
- The game is about four knights, who are seeking revenge for the abduction of their idol. The world where the adventure takes place is a completley handdrawn fantasy world, with all kinds of wondorous monsters, magic and treasures.
- This contest is your chance to get noticed by console video game developers, The Behemoth. Although it's important to know that there are no promises that any audio from this contest will be used in the complete game, it still is a great opportunity to test your skills. Who knows, maybe your song and your style is exactly what would fit Castle Crashers!
- You can make your audio about practically anything, but all audio will be judged according to the Castle Crashers theme and feel. Read up on the guidelines given further down, check out all the links, and visit this thread once in a while to see if there is any new reference material, pictures or other info.
- If you decide to participate, try to give this your very best shot! The whole Behemoth team will be listening to the audio submitted!
- An important part of this contest is to get You, the audio artist, more understanding and experienced in making an audio in a large scale and professional project such as Castle Crashers. Hopefully this will also encourage collaborations between flash and audio authors on a higher level on newgrounds.com!
#1. $300, a T-shirt and stickers
#2. $200, a T-shirt and stickers
#3. $100, a T-shirt and stickers
#4 - #10 a T-shirt and stickers
- Front Page Spots for the #1&2 songs.
- We'll continue the tradition with the custom-made BBS signature picture, crafted by Metalcan.
- The winners will be announced by the friendly radiogrounds.com DJ PsychoGoldfish as usual!
- Once again it is pointed out that there it is fully possible that no audio will end up on the final game. This is entirley up to The Behemoth!
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what's OK to upload and what's not, check this thread. Basically, you must not submit material that include samples you have no copyright/permission to use.
2 - Make a song according to these rules! Your song can be no longer then 2 minutes. Its recommended that you keep the length within 1-2 minutes. This because the game is to be released on XBOX Live Arcade, and file size is limited. The Behemoth wants many different songs on the game. A loopable audio is to prefer.
3 - Submit the song to the NG Audio Portal.
4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage. You risk of not being in the contest if you do not post links to your songs. Also include the audio title.
5 - For this contest, we have no limit of the amount of songs you can submit. It is strongly suggested that you work hard and long on your song(s) before submitting it to the portal (we don't want the AP to be filled up with halfway done crap, right?). Collaborations are allowed, but please notify LJCoffee or Rucklo if you intend on doing so! Do know that if you submit audio that's not up to standard, your submission risk being neglected for the contest.
6 - Do not break any of the rules stated in this thread. If you intend on submitting with different profiles, notify LJCoffee or Rucklo about this. If we find out that you break the rules, there's a great risk that you will be disqualified from this contest. Depending on how serious your medevil actions are, you might get banned from the contest for a time. Basic BBS rules apply in this thread too, of course. If there are posts that are irrelevant for the contest/spam, a moderator will clean it up. This mean your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk getting banned from the NG BBS. All according to the BBS rules and the forum specific Audio Forum Sticky.
7 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread by . If you cannot post for one reason or another, PM or e-mail Rucklo, enter a valid reason why you can't do it yourself, and we'll see to it that your contest entry is in. To make it even clearer; - No submissions will be accepted from 12:th August.
8 - There will be NO changing/re-submitting of contest audio, unless there have been a mistake one way or another. If that is the case, PM/e-mail LJCoffee or Rucklo, and explain what the deal is. Make sure that you're satisfied with your contest entry before submitting it!
9 - Ten songs will make it to the final and actually receive judgment and get scored. The fewer the songs the judges have to judge, the more fair the end result is going to be.
10 - It is strongly recommended that you keep your original song, uncompressed and at least 16-bit 44.1kHz. If The Behemoth decides that Your song is exactly what they´re looking for, it would be quite shameful if you´ve gotten rid of your project and can only provide an mp3. The quality of mp3 encoded audio is not enough for most professional projects.