00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

SPA - Sprite protection agency

35,215 Views | 580 Replies

SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:28:28

All things Sprite are under Attack, and we want YOU to help protect them!

Welcome to SPA:
Sprite
Protecton
Agency

If you got an PM like this:

"SMBZ is under attack, and as if that's not enough, all things sprite are threatened! But I'm doing something about it! If you want to join me find "SPA - Spite Protection Agency" in the general forums. We want YOU to protect all things sprite!"

Or are Alvin Earthworm, Then I have invited you to protect the sprites personally! but even if not invited, feel free to join the club! We need all the help we can get! If you want to join, simply put in a post saying so, and POOF! you're in! If you want to quit, just say so! couldn't be easier than that! Even those invited must make a post saying they want to join.

The goal is simple: figure out ways to protect sprites from the leigons of assholes trying to slip them up! Even if the spites are safe once more (best-case scenario) we can still chat and stuff, united by our love of sprites!

Note: SMBZ=Super Mario Bros. Z, for those who didn't know that!

I'll check here tomorrow to see who signed up.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:33:15

Sorry about double-posting, but The-Great-One has Important news:

"Shrums is going to make a The Pixel Theory 4 by trashing one of the Super Mario bros Z movies. I don't know which one though, but tell anyone and everyone to keep an eye out for it in the portal, once spotted move swiftly and quickly, if we want it blammed then we have to move fast or else the sprite haters will get there and protect it."

SPA, Move out!

Btw The-Great-One, consider yourself a member!

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:33:45

Those "assholes" will always think that sprite movies are shit and they will always go with animating movies the hard way, which is drawing your own graphics. You can't change their minds. Some people will still always enjoy sprite movies, some won't.
I still don't understand how can you protect sprite movies.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:35:07

Hopefully the haters won't worm themselves into this thread.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:42:34

At 6/10/07 10:35 PM, Alvin-Earthworm wrote: Hopefully the haters won't worm themselves into this thread.

Yeah, we have to come up with some kinda security system. Btw, I'm guessing you're in, Alvin?

Also, "verycoolguy" the main objective of this string (for the moment) is to unite all sprite lovers, and get them on the lookout (blams at the ready). THEN we'll come up with a bigger attack plan.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:44:47

At 6/10/07 10:33 PM, verycoolguy wrote: Those "assholes" will always think that sprite movies are shit and they will always go with animating movies the hard way, which is drawing your own graphics. You can't change their minds. Some people will still always enjoy sprite movies, some won't.
I still don't understand how can you protect sprite movies.

I know there are people who don't like them. But it doesn't mean they can make abusive comments or even make hate flashes about them. They should just ignore it and move along with their daily lives. But instead they insist on being jerks.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:45:28

At 6/10/07 10:42 PM, CEOofCra-Z wrote:
Also, "verycoolguy" the main objective of this string (for the moment) is to unite all sprite lovers, and get them on the lookout (blams at the ready). THEN we'll come up with a bigger attack plan.

Blamming movies against sprites will not do anything, trust me. Attack plan against who? How are you going to protect sprites?

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:50:41

Yerycoolguy, just shuddup. If you don't like this, just go away and stop being a phillistine on the sidewalk.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:50:51

I wonder if the mods will do anything about the hate flashes that made it past judgement if enough of us complain to them about it?
Then again. That might be classed as spamming and we might get penalised instead.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:52:00

At 6/10/07 10:50 PM, CEOofCra-Z wrote: Yerycoolguy, just shuddup. If you don't like this, just go away and stop being a phillistine on the sidewalk.

He wasn't being offensive or abusive. He's just asking how you plan on accomplishing your main objective.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 22:52:55

At 6/10/07 10:50 PM, CEOofCra-Z wrote: Yerycoolguy, just shuddup. If you don't like this, just go away and stop being a phillistine on the sidewalk.

How are you going to protect sprites?

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 23:07:47

At 6/10/07 10:52 PM, verycoolguy wrote: How are you going to protect sprites?

Collective power. It's what made USA great.

Btw, Alvin, I'm going to sign you up as a member. you cool with that?

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 23:12:35

At 6/10/07 11:07 PM, CEOofCra-Z wrote:
Btw, Alvin, I'm going to sign you up as a member. you cool with that?

Sure thing

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 23:34:24

Okay that makes 3 members so far:

*CEOofCra-Z (Me)
*The-Great-One (Btw, where is he?)
*Alvin-Earthworm (Quote: "We sprite lovers gotta look out for each other")

And it's barely been an hour! Maybe I'll be famous in NG for this, like Psychojunglecat's "Choose your own adventure thread"!

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 23:35:25

can i join?

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 23:48:54

Sure thing, that makes 4 of us.

Oh By the way,

Sorry Verycoolguy, but your consant doubting us just doesn't help. We don't need a critic. So please stop naggging us.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-10 23:57:52

I wasn't doubting you, I wasn't being a critic. I was just asking how is this going to work out because you didn't give enough info on the starting post.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 00:12:39

At 6/10/07 11:57 PM, verycoolguy wrote: I wasn't doubting you, I wasn't being a critic. I was just asking how is this going to work out because you didn't give enough info on the starting post.

I don't know how it will all work out. If I had it all figured out already, I probably would have done it myself. Truth be told, I'm kinda making This up as I go. That's why I need help. That's why I'm making this Thread.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 00:25:42

Well, i'm in. I love sprites, and sprite movies.

Speaking of which, i'm looking for some sprites...anyone know where i can find decent Street Fighter sprites?

BBS Signature

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 00:32:06

Yay! 5 of us now!

I have no Idea where to get SF sprites, sorry

I think I'll add everyone in the club to my portal buddies. then It'll be easier to keep track of everyone, and contact them when neccesary. I recommend everyone else do the same.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 00:42:59

I just got a PM calling me a know-nothing fag from Fat Badger.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 00:44:11

Can i join?

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 01:16:38

Sure thing!

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 01:22:02

Everyone in the club, expect me in your buddy pending list. If you don't have me in there, tell me.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 01:24:13

Ok i really like sprites and sprite movies im an noobie sprite creator as well

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 01:48:13

Hey! I have an Idea for getting the flack off SMBZ in particular; make a tribute that's basically the same thing, but in a diffrent media (Claymation, for example). Then Sprite haters would see how good SMBZ is under the pixel, and leave it alone! It's not total salvation of all sprites, but it could really get us hitting the ground Running! I'd be willing to do a claymation tribute (With Alvin's permission of course)...exept...I don't have any clay...or a webcam...

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 02:01:59

At 6/11/07 01:48 AM, CEOofCra-Z wrote: Hey! I have an Idea for getting the flack off SMBZ in particular; make a tribute that's basically the same thing, but in a diffrent media (Claymation, for example). Then Sprite haters would see how good SMBZ is under the pixel, and leave it alone! It's not total salvation of all sprites, but it could really get us hitting the ground Running! I'd be willing to do a claymation tribute (With Alvin's permission of course)...exept...I don't have any clay...or a webcam...

That couls work or.... we could just be mocked called asswhipes faggots other names we could be aqused of spamming the portal, alot of bad shit can happen.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 03:39:21

if you ask me a movies a movie sprite or animated so if a bunch of asshole wanna f*ck with something good i'm in. sprites or animation either one takes talent to make something good. whos to decide to screw one of them over sprite movies are great! some of the best flashes ever made are sprite films.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 04:01:14

Hey, guys, i found a few links to amazing sprite sites!

GSA - Game Sprites Archive

Well, only one link...but check their affiliates. It's full of sprite sites. And the sprites on GSA are single, meaning there is no sprite sheet, meaning there is easier animating!

BBS Signature

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 04:10:54

Why don't all of you just go and join the Sprite Club.

Other than the 'ZOMG SAVE SPRITES' thing the Sprite Club has all of that covered. Same thing, same subject, different thread.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature