00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles

5,042 Views | 83 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-03 19:30:16

At 6/3/07 06:40 PM, crazerfish50 wrote: dude, why?

because I dont like to think that people over 13 draw that bad. I am only 14 and I draw ten times better than you, so I hope really badly that you are not older than me because that would be fucking pathetic.

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-03 20:38:36

cmkinsac: Dude, while I'm glad you visited my thread, if all you're gonna do here is be an internet tough guy, I may have to ask you to leave and make your own thread. Nothing wrong with a good flame war, just don't do it here, please.

Crazer: Understand that there is no point in being emotionally invested in internet flame wars. You can argue back, but taking everything from people you have never met in real life so seriously and personally is silly. And stop inviting more flames by asking "why".

TheSnakeSkull: No. No proving anything here.

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-03 20:42:47

At 6/3/07 07:30 PM, cmkinsac wrote: because I dont like to think that people over 13 draw that bad. I am only 14 and I draw ten times better than you, so I hope really badly that you are not older than me because that would be fucking pathetic.

Let the wee children be they don't need to be flamed and more then they have, they just wanted to see someone with ALOT of talent draw there characters, and since she agreed I don't see why you are so mad. Just leave the kids alone.

Also cmkinsac im the same age as you and i can draw ten times better than you, so you have no reason to talk. So just stop.

To Illu : omg im from Canada Too, Steel town, the armpit... ok its Hamilton xD. Also i love your work, you have perfect proportions and the lines are so clean... im so jealous!

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-03 21:05:47

At 6/3/07 08:42 PM, StoneColdSoul wrote: To Illu : omg im from Canada Too, Steel town, the armpit... ok its Hamilton xD. Also i love your work, you have perfect proportions and the lines are so clean... im so jealous!

Haha, thanks. I'm flattered. Those skull pictures you have made for your band are very impressive. Also, AWESOME HAIR.

:The Canucks are running amok in this place!!! :O

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-03 21:11:38

At 6/3/07 09:05 PM, Illu wrote: Haha, thanks. I'm flattered. Those skull pictures you have made for your band are very impressive. Also, AWESOME HAIR.

The Canucks are running amok in this place!!! :O

Thanks i did the skull pics before i got my tablet, so they were done with one of those old laptop mouses. You know the little dot? Yea took me 2 hours.

I love my hair, its so weird it's awesome!

Canadians are gonna take over! lol

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-03 21:16:18

At 6/3/07 09:11 PM, StoneColdSoul wrote: Thanks i did the skull pics before i got my tablet, so they were done with one of those old laptop mouses. You know the little dot? Yea took me 2 hours.

I love my hair, its so weird it's awesome!

Canadians are gonna take over! lol

You did that with a mouse? Holy crap that is some dedication. Those things are a pain to draw with. I guess I'm just spoiled by the tablet.

With the exchange rate the way it is, it is a high possibility.

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-03 21:22:30

At 6/3/07 09:16 PM, Illu wrote: You did that with a mouse? Holy crap that is some dedication. Those things are a pain to draw with. I guess I'm just spoiled by the tablet.

With the exchange rate the way it is, it is a high possibility.

Yea not even with a real mouse =P, i did it when i didn't know what a tablet was so i had nothing to compare it too. But lately im realizing how hard it is to draw with a mouse, since i lost my tablet pen like 2 weeks ago. But my dad finally gave up and let me use his credit card to order a new one. $60 Canadian >_>.

yea 94 cents ^_^

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-03 21:32:28

At 6/3/07 08:42 PM, StoneColdSoul wrote: Also cmkinsac im the same age as you and i can draw ten times better than you, so you have no reason to talk. So just stop.

you have never seen any of my drawn art except maybe two that I posted like a week ago(they were done maybe 2 months ago, though) and I have yet to get used to my tablet, so you dont know at all how good I draw. I've seen what you have drawn and personally, no they are not better. I will see what I can do with my crap camera and photoshop (to try to get rid of the blurriness of the pics) to get some hand drawn images up.

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-03 21:35:07

At 6/3/07 09:32 PM, cmkinsac wrote: SOme baby whining about how im better than him.

Didn't I tell you to leave?

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 19:50:28

For no reason at all, I have colored Skull's picture. I am too lazy to do a decent background (because it's not my forte and would take me forever) and the rest of the job is rushed. I suppose I should refine it or even add more texture and details, but I'm too impatient to do it. My impatience is one of my problems that I have trouble overcoming. I lose interest in things too quickly to do a decent job :|

The remaining requests will not be done any time soon, as I'm trying to find a way to fit both characters in one pic and to do my reading for my courses. I also want to draw something else for a while, women perhaps. Have to balance all the masculinity out.

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 20:27:24

Like everyone else, I'm loving your stuff.

Daaaamn, your coloring is extremely impressive. Am I allowed to call it sexy? Yeah, it's pretty damn sexy=P

I've never asked anyone this before, anyone is allowed to answer it if they want, but how do you figure out what colors to use for skins? I'm colorblind, so I have a rather hard time deciding for myself=[

btw, that's not masculinity, it's more like action-atmosphered, or something. Female characters can be in a action-atmosphered thing too=]

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 20:55:21

No wai! Im in toronto too! All of your work is really amazing, and I guess your ability to deal with twelve year olds comes with the 19yr-old-ness... but either way, most users here would be like, "STFU n00bage!!!! grr!!!! lvl 14 avatar! " and then everyone would freak out and start flaming.

Anyway, I got pretty off topic there... just wanted to remark on how amazing your stuff is, and that its cool that your from toronto. Are you checking out luminato? if your planning on it, I recommend going down to the distillery district, there are a few art galleries with pieces for like, $36,900. No joke.

:power to the torontonians. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 21:02:59

At 6/4/07 08:27 PM, JepMZ wrote: Like everyone else, I'm loving your stuff.

Daaaamn, your coloring is extremely impressive. Am I allowed to call it sexy? Yeah, it's pretty damn sexy=P

I've never asked anyone this before, anyone is allowed to answer it if they want, but how do you figure out what colors to use for skins? I'm colorblind, so I have a rather hard time deciding for myself=[

btw, that's not masculinity, it's more like action-atmosphered, or something. Female characters can be in a action-atmosphered thing too=]

Thanks, dude :D

Personally, I think any color can be used for the skin. Blue, green, red, yellow, orange, peach, brown...you name it. It all depends on the mood and the lighting of the picture.

For "normal" humans, I start off with a base color. For the fairer skinned, I use a peachy color, more yellow if the subject is Asian, more pink is Caucasian. For the darker skin, I use browns. Whether the brown should be warm (reddish) or cool (bluish), again, depends on the mood, character and lighting. The fairer skinned are easier and safer to color for me, but the darker skinned has more...impact? Punch? Anyway, it's more dramatic.

For shading, under normal circumstances, I use a darker shade of the base color. Not just darker in value though, but also with a slightly different tint, to add depth and make it more interesting. For example, if I used yellowish-beige for base, I use a slightly more orangey and darker color for shading. Of course, if you prefer, you can also use a more blueish of greenish tint, it's all up to you. Just make sure you're NOT DOING IT ON MS PAINT because you really need a tool that can blend colors well for this.

One other popular technique is to move the shading colors into the grays. It gives a more ethereal feel to the picture. A well-known artist who does this is Hyung Tae-Kim , and you will see in his pictures certain parts of the character fade into gray when they're further from the background, or if he doesn't want them to interfere with the focus.

Finally, there is the ambient lighting, but I don't know enough about that aspect to give any decent advice. All I can say about it is that it is a second, softer light source coming from the background, and its color will affect the way you shade. If you do it right it can make your coloring look pro. You can probably look up some tutorials for that online.

Hope that helped.

BTW, I wasn't talking about the action-oriented aspect of the male pictures. I'm talking about...curves. You know, boobs. They are fun to draw, easy to please, and you don't see too much of those on men. Unless it's moobs. But no one likes moobs XP

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 21:04:02

leik 15 mins above Toronto-in aurora :D

Noice! usally i say things like ANIME SUXxORS (cus of whinny -12 year olds and thinking that they are awesome and try to defend themselves) but this stuff is really refined! i like, i like!

continue please :D

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 21:10:37

MorrowDays: Thanks. I really want to check out Luminato, some of the events sound really cool. It's just that I have a couple of assignments I need to deal with, so I'm not sure. Thanks for the tip though :)

HahaBears: Thanks. Glad you like my pictures.

HIGH-FIVE CANUCKS.

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 21:35:52

At 6/2/07 03:19 PM, Illu wrote: "Pro"?

Yeah, I'd say this stuff is professional grade work. Very crisp and clean, neat with attention to details despite its Anime style.

Keep it up, I like ^_^

Just one thing I noticed.. on your "3rd of four pics:" on the first page the girls ear looks too high.

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 21:39:30

At 6/4/07 09:35 PM, Vortex00 wrote:
At 6/2/07 03:19 PM, Illu wrote: "Pro"?
Yeah, I'd say this stuff is professional grade work. Very crisp and clean, neat with attention to details despite its Anime style.

Keep it up, I like ^_^

Just one thing I noticed.. on your "3rd of four pics:" on the first page the girls ear looks too high.

Thanks! You've got a sharp eye there, was hoping no one would notice the ear. I was originally going to make her head tilt lower, but I couldn't make it work, so I just did the face-front thing and I've forgotten to reposition the ear.

Now that you know this, I may have to kill you. *sharpens pencil*

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 21:43:16

God, people are messing up his thread with their pictures.

THIS IS ILLU'S ART THREAD!!!!!

And if you're so much bothered with making a request, at least post a link to the picture, not post it here. That just mess up the entire point of an art thread.

GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 22:29:17

Hi there!
I'm glad to see someone actually puts some effort into drawing something good (or totally pro-grade stuff in your case!), way to go girl!!
Also, God praise you for your patience and good will towards everyone.
And, OMG....such....clean...lines!!!
(BTW you feeling old makes me feel like my grandpa :P )

up up down down left right left right B A

BBS Signature

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-04 23:28:16

I'm amazed you actually draw the crap noobs tell you to draw.

Good art.

9/10

BBS Signature

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-09 22:18:32

At 6/3/07 12:40 AM, Illu wrote: AwesomeSaurus: Thanks :D I'll be honored if you color my pictures, if you feel like doing it, that is.

Thank YOU sir for the opportunity! This is still a WIP, after about an hour and a half's work! I'm really having fun coloring it, and gain much more respect and awe of your skill when I see the fine details whilst zoomed in, especially in the flowers, its ridiculous! Hopefully i will get to finishing this in a few days!

sorry if its low quality, i had to reduce it to post :(

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-10 02:27:56

AwesomeSaurus: Woah, thanks a lot!!! I'm so touched that you spent all that time on my picture. Even as a WIP it looks really good, especially the interesting use of colors. I really like how they pop out at you so vibrantly. Very cool. Great job :D

Had reference photos for flowers.

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-10 13:52:38

aw I was gonna ask to colour something too : ( but AwesomeSaurus being as awesome as he is got there first.

I like your line art Illu, please may I have one to colour :P

or maybe we could do a totally new piece or something?

Just a thought

BBS Signature

Response to Illu's Drawings, Wips And Doodles 2007-06-10 14:40:01

draw this guy :D

Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature