Be a Supporter!

Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair.

  • 7,746 Views
  • 160 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Some-Stupid-Idiot
Some-Stupid-Idiot
  • Member since: Mar. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 00:42:48 Reply

Well I am not a metal head, even though I like the genre, that description somewhat fits me: I still wash my hair and I don't have any facial hair. I would consider myself a classic rocker before that.

Lost-Thought
Lost-Thought
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 01:24:25 Reply

I am a metalhead, I don't have a problem with the establishment, I wash and comb my hair, I do not have acne, I wear glasses and I am slightly overweight, but I plan to lose weight soon, and I am a Christian who doesn't really fit into a certain sect of the religion, and I refuse to cut my hair or do any of the other stuff you mentioned, why? because I am an individual and I do not want to


Did you just put your balls on my sandwich?
Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 01:49:44 Reply

At 7/10/07 01:24 AM, Lost-Thought wrote: and I refuse to cut my hair or do any of the other stuff you mentioned, why? because I am an individual and I do not want to

So, in this state of supposed individuality, you're essentially conforming to the code previously established by "metal" guys?


BBS Signature
Bovineoverlord
Bovineoverlord
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 01:51:58 Reply

Guys with long(ish) hair are hot, so screw you Bolo.


Every thread I touch, dies.

Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 02:05:55 Reply

At 7/10/07 01:51 AM, Bovineoverlord wrote: Guys with long(ish) hair are hot, so screw you Bolo.

If you were a real female, you'd have been modded by now, so I'm just going to have to assume that you're speaking as a homosexual.


BBS Signature
Bovineoverlord
Bovineoverlord
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 03:22:49 Reply

At 7/10/07 02:05 AM, Bolo wrote:
At 7/10/07 01:51 AM, Bovineoverlord wrote: Guys with long(ish) hair are hot, so screw you Bolo.
If you were a real female, you'd have been modded by now, so I'm just going to have to assume that you're speaking as a homosexual.

They won't mod me because I'm not mod material. And how DARE you assume I'm a guy! After all, you're just insecure because you were listed as a girl on your birth certificate.


Every thread I touch, dies.

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 05:46:33 Reply

hey guys

I have my own personality, not one that conforms to any idiot's stereotype. Both girls and me like the long hair. So fuck you.

KyleTheMadcap
KyleTheMadcap
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 10:05:36 Reply

At 7/10/07 12:35 AM, Bolo wrote: How very idealistic, and unrealistic of you. As much as you may indulge in your fantasies of such a life, barring total nuclear war, it's an incredibly unreasonable outcome for the future of humanity. I seriously doubt you could give up technology, food, and clothing that you take for granted and use every day, in exchange for a primitive, individualistic structure of old. The fact that you spend enough time on the computer to be a regular Newgrounds user betrays this symbiotic dependence on technology, and society.

Don't tell me what I depend, and do not depend on. You're not going to win this argument.
I'm anti-establishment.
I think for myself.
I have opinions.
People are different.
Live with it.

So you're showing your disregard for "society" and "rules" by implementing a dress code of sorts? It's pretty hard to find T-shirts with metal bands on them when you're living by yourself in the traditional nomadic sense, far removed from the society that feeds you.

"Feeds" me?
Ha.
I've lived in rural areas half my life, on a farm.
I know what it's like to grow my own food, and hunt for any amount of meat I get.
In fact, it's people like us that feed you.
I have nearly no dependency on technology, on the count of I've lived without it half my fucking life.
I watch zero, to two hours of T.V. a week.
I spend a normal day at school, then I get high at a park, then I go to work, get home, and maybe spend a half hour on the computer before I go to bed.
Obviously, my regular order of things is distorted, now that school's out.
And as for my clothing choice... None of your fucking business.
I'll wear whatever the fuck I want.

I'm sorry to hear that.
I pity you. I really do.

Until you do them, don't judge them.
I've spend half my life suffering depression. The real shit, not that "I'm emo, I pretend to be sad all the time" I was on two pills a day for nearly a year and a half.
If I wanna smoke something that helps me relax, numbs the pain of my miserable life, (which is mostly miserable because of your fucking establishment), and get in touch with my spiritual , and creative side, I fucking will.
No government, and no closed-minded pieces of shit are going to tell me otherwise.

I'm dubious of what Pro-pot websites say, as I find it exceedingly likely that the authors of such a site are puffing joints all day, and don't particularly know what they're saying and doing, other than a fundamental "knowledge" that pot must be good for you—no doubt induced by consumption of pot itself.

It's been medically proven.
By doctors.
By medical researchers. It's been prescribed to people with eye-sight problems.
Shut your fucking mouth about shit you know nothing about.
I smoke dope.
I still get good grades in school.
I'm still going to collage.
And, drugs or no drugs, I'm finishing high-school.
Dope just keeps me from slaughtering my annoying teachers in the mean time.

Hey, I'm not saying all of you guys have to conform to every rule. There are always exceptions / deviations, perhaps yourself in this instance.

Indeed.

Obviously, given the response to this thread, and the many replies stating that I've pretty much profiled them dead-on, indicates that people do, in fact, care about what I've written. You must care about what I've written, as you gave a shit enough to respond to the topical post.

Well, I suppose.
But what I meant by that, was that no matter what you say, it's not going to change anything.

There's a step in the right direction. Now convince all your "metal" friends to follow you're example and the world will be a happier place.

Meh.
I still don't see how other people not showering inconveniences you to such an extreme.
I find it hilarious when I see people who don't shower, and in most cases, insult them publicly.
But the people I tend to see not showering, are people who listen to Simple Plan and draw anime porn all day.
I've never actually seen a stereotypical metal head, unless it's at a concert.
And even then, the dirtiest metal head people I've seen, are like middle-aged, and wear denim jackets... In which case, they shouldn't bother you...

Unless I'm much mistaken, Satanism is an investment or belief in the Christian demon known as "Lucifer".

You are mistaken.
That's only a "comic book", Slayer, Venom perception of Satanism.
The actual philosophies state he doesn't exist, to be perfectly honest, with the exception of all that Norwegian shit... But no one's arguing the small percentage of Satanic Norwegians who burn down churches aren't extreme.

As I explained before, it's mostly spiritual.

Believing in demons is tantamount to "spiritual advancement"? Maybe in the middle ages, but not today.

In the middle-ages, you were burned for it, because that's all Christians ever do.
Burn things they don't agree with.

Again, you have no clue what you're talking about.
My philosophies all originate back to India.

And until you read up on it, I'm not arguing with you.
Because, as I read your posts, I find repeatedly, you're full of shit.

Hinduism involves many different deities, unlike Satanism, which essentially focuses on one figure, thus the term "Satanism".

No.
Satanism does NOT focus on Satan at all.
Only Anton LeVey made that grim connection.
Satanism is just atheism with an attitude, really.
Believing there is no God, and that you should live life how you want... It's referred to in Satanism, as the Left Hand Path.

Anton LaVey is the poster child of Satanist philosophical teachings. He pretty much founded the modern church of Satan, and brought about a renaissance of sorts for that religion. His beliefs coincide with that of his followers. End of story.

He DID found the modern church of Satan.
He's the high-priest.
I know my shit.
You're not going to win here.

Anyone can look on Wikipedia and find some random facts and pass off as a "know-it-all".
I've been into this shit my whole life.
I know what I'm talking about.

It's very spiritual, in a similar sense as Hinduism.
The actual concreteness is different.
But the basic principals and beliefs are the same... Again, only to people who know what they're talking about.

But, you must admit, strikingly accurate.

Not in the least.


BBS Signature
Changes
Changes
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 10:10:15 Reply

At 5/25/07 12:42 AM, McPaper wrote: What about metal guys with short hair?

My pet peve is people who think im a "metal/goth/grunge/skater" because of my hairs appearance.

Yeah though, I agree with you on some points.

I need pictures of said hair.

JJAGoodfella
JJAGoodfella
  • Member since: May. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 10:12:53 Reply

You change your topic title to "Attn kids in highschool with long hair who listen to pop punk rock"

TheBigLemon
TheBigLemon
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 10:18:26 Reply

At 5/25/07 12:44 AM, Total-Havok wrote: I'm a metal dude with long hair. I don't fight establishment, I don't wear morbid shirts, I don't have acne, I don't have black or auburn hair, I don't have stubbles, I don't have bad eyesight.

I can relate to everything in thi spost, except for the eye sight. I have bad eyes.

I wear contacts though.

I take great pride in my hair, and I wash it regularly. I hate the feeling of greasy hair sitting on my head.

But Bolo, fuck off. You can't just lump us all into one giant category and call us the same thing. it pisses me off when people tell me to cut my hair and shit, because they don't like it. Let me tell you something, I don't give one fuck if you like my hair or not. I don't care if you find the Led Zeppelin shirt I'm wearing right now 'dumb' or 'gay'. And i don't care if you think my whole existence is a waste. You know why? It's MY fucking hair, it's MY fucking clothes, it's MY fucking life, and you have no control over it what-so-ever.

So the next time you are even thinking that someone should change their life/attitude/appearance, think to yourself 'what if they said this about me? What if some random asshole I don't even know told ME to GROW OUT my hair, and called me a fag? What if some random person down the street ridiculed me for wearing the shit I wear?'

So fuck you. Have a nice fucking day, and think before you start slamming people for their appearance and what-not.


"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature
capitaI
capitaI
  • Member since: Jun. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 10:18:30 Reply

people who follow fads are no lower than those who can't accept that there will always be people who follow fads.

meh..

send me seven, or even nineteen PMs!!!
sig pic by Spartan204

BBS Signature
Crue
Crue
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 10:37:35 Reply

Nothing you said said is true about me with the exception that I am a metal head with long hair.


Better Days | "If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." | The Hookah Lounge | Merry Christmas Cocksmokers! |

BBS Signature
gibleto
gibleto
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-10 10:42:42 Reply

At 7/10/07 10:05 AM, KyleTheMadcap wrote:
At 7/10/07 12:35 AM, Bolo wrote:
He DID found the modern church of Satan.
He's the high-priest.
I know my shit.
You're not going to win here.

...actualy he WAS a high priest. he is dead now. but more importantly, i am into almost every type of metal, excluding grind-core because the songs are too short. my hair ends below my shoulder blades and my wardrobe is pretty nothing but band t-shirts (even one hoodie) i am NOT a non-conformist, i think the government and society as a whole is pretty cool (but expensive) i am not morbidly obece OR skinny, but i'm getting kind of chubby, i won't deny it. my eyesight is fine, and my opinion is that there's not a god at all, so fuck off you steriotyper. the people you describe aren't metal heads, they're POSERS. real metal heads aren't into that shit, they just listen to metal (hince the name "metal head.) so go do some actual reasearch and you will see that metal heads actualy are just like normal people, save what they wear and how long their hair is. and metal is probably one of the more complicated types of music. hell I will rate them for you

CLASSICAL
JAZZ/BLUES
METAL/ROCK
RNB
COUNTRY
DOGSHIT
THE FLIES ON THE DOGSHIT
RAP

Lost-Thought
Lost-Thought
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 02:15:13 Reply

At 7/10/07 01:49 AM, Bolo wrote:
At 7/10/07 01:24 AM, Lost-Thought wrote: and I refuse to cut my hair or do any of the other stuff you mentioned, why? because I am an individual and I do not want to
So, in this state of supposed individuality, you're essentially conforming to the code previously established by "metal" guys?

what part of, "I don't want to cut my hair" did you not understand? If I cut my hair I'd just be conforming to another code established by someone else, I like to pick what I conform to


Did you just put your balls on my sandwich?
Metal Hell

BBS Signature
TheBigLemon
TheBigLemon
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 02:19:54 Reply

At 7/12/07 02:15 AM, Lost-Thought wrote: what part of, "I don't want to cut my hair" did you not understand? If I cut my hair I'd just be conforming to another code established by someone else, I like to pick what I conform to

Thank you. I have my hair the way I want it, and no one can change that :)


"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature
Radam
Radam
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 02:27:17 Reply

At 5/25/07 12:40 AM, Bolo wrote: You are my pet peeve.

Can't put my finger on it; for some reason, I want to elbow drop this guy.


>:C

KentuckyFriedCorpses
KentuckyFriedCorpses
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 02:34:04 Reply

I'm a metal guy, i sometimes wear offensive shirts, but i like the designs, boohoo!
Not really against the establishment either.
And i brush and wash my lovely locks every day.
So, shut up. and stop being so stereotypical just because you've seen one guy that bugs you.

sqrage
sqrage
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 02:37:38 Reply

You try to act all "Anti-establishment" and hardcore shit, without realizing that without the "establishment" that you so heavily despise, you would have no food, clothing, or shelter, or money.

That's more punks and squatters.

Total-Havok
Total-Havok
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 02:49:48 Reply

I don't understand why you despise metal heads, that judgement isn't always true, yes there are people who fit into that stereotype, but most of us don't.
I love metal, deathmetal, black metal, metal core, and all that.
I wash my hair everyday.
I don't have acne.
My eyesight is fine.
I am fat though so lul you got me therez.
And I don't plan to cut my hair till I'm in 11th grade, which is 2-3 years from now.

Don't judge metal heads as a whole by a few of em. <3

Yep

BBS Signature
hukedunfonikswork
hukedunfonikswork
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 02:56:58 Reply

At 5/25/07 12:40 AM, Bolo wrote: You are my pet peeve.

ok, fair enuff, i hate the anime kids wearing naruto headbands, i'll give you your pet peeve


You try to act all "Anti-establishment" and hardcore shit,

Wrong retard, though i don't necessarily enjoy everything our everything our government does, i appreciate all it gives me (fucking free speech ftw ass hat)
Also, its not metal heads that are super "down with establishment", that was the hippies my friend, the dirty, smelly hippies, we usually just have a subtle dislike for it

without realizing that without the "establishment" that you so heavily despise, you would have no food, clothing, or shelter, or money.

You wear T-shirts that infallibly include some reference to an obscure, drug-addled has-been band from the mid-eighties, and try to pass it off as socially acceptable.

oh my dumb-dumb friend, compare metal with disco, pop, or techno, is it really that not "socially acceptable". Oh, and if i can't appreciate the roots of metal, you can fuck off.


You are generally either an overweight loser with bad eyesight, or an underweight loser with bad eyesight, and you make no attempt to even try to tame your unruly locks of black or auburn hair—or even to wash this hair, as is painfully evident when I pass you every day during my routine.

lets see, i lift weights at my gym every day, have 20/20, gee i must be some kind of fucking miracle. Yes i have long black hair, that i wash every day. I personally hate people with strong body odor, IT ISN'T RESTRICTED TO METAL HEADS.


And for the love of whatever God you worship—assuming you're not an avid follower of Satanist philosophies, of course— shave off the fucking stubble.

Jesus Christ STFU, wait no, you know what, my favorite album of all time is "Number of the Beast", (GOD DAMN THAT 80'S METAL, DAMN IT TO HELL)


Invest in some acne cream. Find yourself a haircutter. Laser eye surgery isn't such a bad idea. Regular exercise is healthy.

Oh, and about ending up like the loser, i'm going to be an engineer, look up my guitar thread and you'll see i'm not talking out of my ass, i'm probably much more prepared for life after high school than u.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=71 6065
end of rediculously overlong thread

Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 04:18:09 Reply

I just love it how everybody who got offended at my original post fits the description contained therein.

Nice going, guys.

Let's make a deal; I'll stop stereotyping you, when you stop fitting the stereotype.

Attn:


BBS Signature
Total-Havok
Total-Havok
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 04:24:42 Reply

Fag.

Nuff said.

Yep

BBS Signature
TheBigLemon
TheBigLemon
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 04:26:33 Reply

At 7/12/07 04:18 AM, Bolo wrote: I just love it how everybody who got offended at my original post fits the description contained therein.

Nice going, guys.

Let's make a deal; I'll stop stereotyping you, when you stop fitting the stereotype.

I don't fit the stereotyped attitude at all, except I am a tad aggressive. So, how about you stop being a douche-bag, and we'll all be happy, k?


"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 04:27:10 Reply

At 7/12/07 04:24 AM, Total-Havok wrote: Fag.
Nuff said.

Because ad hominem makes you look smart, funny and cool in the eyes of others.

I wish I could express to you how much credibility you just lost.


BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 04:29:08 Reply

At 7/12/07 04:26 AM, TheBigLemon wrote: I don't fit the stereotyped attitude at all, except I am a tad aggressive. So, how about you stop being a douche-bag, and we'll all be happy, k?

I'm performing a public service, here.

We're all tired of smelling you guys.


BBS Signature
Total-Havok
Total-Havok
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 04:32:47 Reply

At 7/12/07 04:27 AM, Bolo wrote:
At 7/12/07 04:24 AM, Total-Havok wrote: Fag.
Nuff said.
Because ad hominem makes you look smart, funny and cool in the eyes of others.

I wish I could express to you how much credibility you just lost.

I don't care what others think of me, I'm saying what I want to.


Yep

BBS Signature
TheBigLemon
TheBigLemon
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 04:33:58 Reply

At 7/12/07 04:29 AM, Bolo wrote:
At 7/12/07 04:26 AM, TheBigLemon wrote: I don't fit the stereotyped attitude at all, except I am a tad aggressive. So, how about you stop being a douche-bag, and we'll all be happy, k?
I'm performing a public service, here.

We're all tired of smelling you guys.

Hey fuck head, did you read my post? I actually take care of myself. And again, before you go stereotyping people and shit, make sure that EVERYONE like that is the same, unlike us. I am fucking different. I am not generally an ass. I take care of myself.

Fuck you.


"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature
Insert-Pie
Insert-Pie
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 04:34:11 Reply

But how could I be a fat, stupid brute?

I mean, look how intellectual I am.

Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Attn: "Metal" guys with long hair. 2007-07-12 04:36:16 Reply

At 7/12/07 04:33 AM, TheBigLemon wrote: Hey fuck head, did you read my post? I actually take care of myself. And again, before you go stereotyping people and shit, make sure that EVERYONE like that is the same, unlike us. I am fucking different. I am not generally an ass. I take care of myself.

Fuck you.

That's great to hear. Now run along and convince all your little "metal" friends to follow your lead, clean themselves up, and the world will be a much happier place.


BBS Signature