00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Call To Arms (bbs Story)

38,477 Views | 533 Replies

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 09:41:07

Damn you killerjeff...

lol one line.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 09:46:16

Hopefully I'm the main bad guy!

rjhreilly@hotmail.com

STEAM: _frizzyskernip_

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 10:19:50

killerjeff..

What mischief will you cause next?

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 10:39:47

Good chapter (especially if you actually did write that while drunk), and hey, I got a line, woot.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 11:19:00

Nice story, i'm fapping to it.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 11:26:25

I have an idea of who's on the other side of that phone line, but I'll keep it to myself until we find that out.

Me at: FA | Telegram

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 11:45:00

At 6/8/07 09:46 AM, Doom-Fan wrote: Hopefully I'm the main bad guy!

Well, your name might be a fit with what is going on! But I'm not quite sure... Anyway, poor Canas, chained up and marched away as some kind of traitor and inside spy... It's almost like being a mod again :)

kidding Canas :p

Anyway, if you wrote that when drunk, very well done. If you wrote it when sober, well done. You lose the very for the changes in tense at some points in the chapter! Heh, also dialogue, we need some sassy dialogue with whips and stuff...

personal preference

Being serious though, good going!

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 12:20:17

Yay, I got a line! ^_^

Even though, it was one small little tiny line where I die.... Oh well :)

Yazar the toot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 13:57:23

Ive had a lot of people asking me about the intervals in between chapters. Ill just say that I will post them regularly every 2-3 days unless something were to come up. If that happens ill let you know.

-------------------
D-Lucks Edition: Changing your name is no problem ;D

-----------------
Sarai: I know that the last chapter was lacking dialouge. I have a tendency to stray sometimes with that. Ill be trying to work out the kinks in these next few chapters.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 15:41:05

goddamn, i'm running out of adjectives for the chapters.
this one was...orgasmic? or would that be the one between this one and the previous one?

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 16:12:49

You know how I know you're gay?

You wrote a BBS Story.

spice runs the universe, faggot

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-08 23:37:52

AHHH! I died...from food poisoning! What a horrible and crappy way to die!

You Are Free To Sever The Chains That Bind You.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 03:38:28

I want new chapters. Now.

plz?

"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 04:28:29

I don't to read.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 04:34:22

At 6/9/07 04:28 AM, xxLOGIKxx wrote: I don't to read.

You dont to write full sentences as well

Or perhaps you dont know how

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 04:41:09

At 6/9/07 04:28 AM, xxLOGIKxx wrote: I don't to read.

Apparently you don't want to learn the English language either.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 04:45:13

At 6/6/07 04:38 PM, sean5892 wrote: God damnit, 36 and your suspense :[

Who the hell's the dark figure and what the heeellllllllllll

i guess bedn, someone deleted, or a channer

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 08:20:09

Good work 36Holla. I just got a question, what happens if you die in the NG area? Do you die in the real world as well?

Asian Users Club, Fighting racism since 1882.

Sig made by: InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 08:37:38

Rather epic story. What happened to TheDoctor though? I'm going to assume get a sex change to a man to fix your mistake from chapters ago.

kidding 36

I can't wait for the rest of the story to be included.

spoiler alert: I'm in it. :D

Keep up the awesome.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 17:35:58

At 6/9/07 08:20 AM, ForcedDj wrote: Good work 36Holla. I just got a question, what happens if you die in the NG area? Do you die in the real world as well?

reminds me of the matrix

the body cannot live without the mind

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 17:37:47

At 6/9/07 08:20 AM, ForcedDj wrote: Good work 36Holla. I just got a question, what happens if you die in the NG area? Do you die in the real world as well?

Secrets >_>

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 20:20:25

BIG FUCKING DISCLAIMER
I've debated whether I should post this next chapter today or tomorrow, but I decided on today (probably to the approval of whoever reads this)

This next chapter is going to require a bit of an explanation.

It will have four parts (A, B, C, and D)
Each part tells the story of a different squad and thier actions in the upcoming events.

Doing this will be an interesting process, and I'm still waiting for some info from certain people. So the last two parts may come out a bit slower than the first two.

Ok we good? You all ready for this? Ok here it is.
---------------------------

Chapter 11A
Part 1 of 2

Base Battle

07:00
36Holla’s Squad.

I woke up, not to the sound of the normal wake up call, but to the wailing of air sirens. Not a few seconds had gone by when all of a sudden a loud explosion was heard somewhere very close by. It shook my bed as I hurriedly got up and looked around. Everyone else in the squad looked confused as well. We heard yelling and screaming outside the tent. Wordlessly, we all ran outside and emerged to see tons of people running every which way, and hearing the sound of explosions and gunfire in the distance. We didn’t have much time to take it in as Dobio suddenly came running up to us carrying one of the sticks we had seen the mods carrying in Fulpton.

“All of you, get to the armory over there! Get weapons and I want you to defend the west gate!”

“Wait, what’s going on!” exclaimed McJesus.

“The crews have gotten past the defenses! No time to explain! Just make sure you don’t let them into the interior of the base!”

With that Dobio ran off in the direction of the north gate. We all started running to the armory where about 25 other soldiers were, trying to get equipped. There was enough weapons to suit 200 people if needed, so me, Shoe, Reaper, Crue, and Joodah took our usual weapons. D-Lucks decided on mainly C4 explosives and grenades, but he also took a 38mm handgun. McJesus simply walked up to the RPG’s and mounted it on his shoulder. He also made sure to take plenty of shells for the weapon. We also took plenty of frag grenades.

We exited and started towards the west gate. As we got closer, the sound of the gunfire was getting louder. We had to clear a small row of buildings before we got to the main gate. The gate itself was fairly narrow and the crews were not able to dispatch all of their soldiers through it at once. That gave us somewhat of a break because we could easily concentrate our fire on one area. We were also on an elevated plane, overlooking the gate giving us somewhat of an advantage in sight. I stopped everyone right before we passed the buildings so we could come up with a plan.

“Crue, get on top of this building and give us cover. Reaper, D-Lucks, and Shoe, you two can only use your weapons in close range, so stay at the back end of the battle behind cover and pick off anybody who gets close. McJesus, you also stay back and use that RPG sparingly when there is a very large group of people going through the gate. Me and Joodah will get a little closer and try to hit as many with our rifles. Everyone got that?”

Everyone nodded, and we started running out to the battle. The battlefield itself was already covered with various bodies of dead soldiers. There was a large group of enemy soldiers, representing all of the various crews, who kept pushing forward despite being cut down by the constant gunfire from the small group of Newgrounds’ soldiers who had already gathered there. They enemy was carrying semi auto rifles that also had a sword bayonet on the end of it.

There were various pieces of cover strewn around. Reaper, D-Lucks, and Shoe positioned themselves behind a large truck while me and Joodah hid behind a metal crate to the right of that. Meanwhile, McJesus had stayed behind, and was in a position in between the crate and the truck, on top of the hill, and was laying on his stomach making him very hard to see from the bottom.

Peeking around the corner of the crate I aimed my gun and started firing at the mass of people coming through. Most of my shots hit home and the incoming troops seemed more concerned about getting inside the base than firing at us, giving us easier shots, but the stream of soldiers coming through seemed endless. And, even despite the help from Joodah, and the occasional shot from Crue, it didn’t seem to be stopping them.

“There’s no end to these guys Holla!” said Joodah.

“Yeah no shit! Just keep firing!”

Suddenly there was a whooshing sound followed by a large explosion near the gate and a large number of their soldiers were obliterated. McJesus had fired his first shot. Despite this the stream of soldiers didn’t stop.

Reaper, Shoe, and D-Lucks were not having an easy time, as the truck they decided to hide behind was not fully containing all of the bullets being fired at it.

“Shit! The bullets keep getting through the truck!” exclaimed Reaper

“We can’t stay here much longer lads!” said D-Lucks

“Fine.” Yelled Shoe. “On the count of three we move over to Holla’s spot. One..two..three!”

They broke cover, and ran full speed to our spot using the various cover to avoid getting hit. Me and Joodah were concentrating too hard on the enemy to notice them running. So when they came up on us, we were very surprised.

“Damn guys!” I said as I just noticed them running up. “What happened over there?”

“The truck wasn’t giving us good enough protection.” Said Reaper.

“Ok then. Me and Joodah will shoot around the sides. You guys shoot over the top! And Reaper, there’s a turrent gun a few yards to the right. We’ll give you covering fire to get over there!”

We suppressed the crews just enough for Reaper to get to the turrent and start using it himself. He started firing, but the angle at which he was limited his view of the gate and the amount of enemy soldiers that he could aim at.

With renewed resolve we kept up our barrage, but still the other troops kept coming.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 20:24:13

Chapter 11A: Base Battle
Part 2 of 2

The fighting went on for awhile like that with neither side making much progress. Ammo was starting to run low too.

“Damn it! Is there no goddamn end to them?!” yelled D-Lucks as he kept shooting.

“Not that I can see!” I said. “I wonder how these guys were able to find the base! I thought they said that the crews weren’t able to come within miles of this place!”

Just then, in the middle of firing, Shoe suddenly had a confused look on his face. He ducked down in cover and started putting his hand to his head as if he was thinking.

“Shoe what’s wrong?!” I asked.

“I know how the crews were able to do it.” He said. “This base had a defense system that activates if it senses any unauthorized person within a few mile radius of this whole base. If they had encountered that, then there would’ve been no chance that they could have gotten this far.”

I looked at Shoe with a very confused look on my face.

“How do you know this?”

“I...I don’t know.” He replied. “I just suddenly remembered all this information about the defense system, and how it’s set up. Somebody must have disabled it since the crews are here. But it makes sense that it hasn’t been reactivated because nobody else knows how to set it up. But…just now I realized that I know how to do it.”

Now I was even more confused as I sat there searching for an explanation. Then the answer came to Shoe.

“My copy! That must be how I know. My copy must have been the one who set up the defense system for this base!”

“Of all the freaking luck.” I said. “So you’re saying that you know how to fix the problem?”

“Yea, I think that I can.” He replied. “I just need to get to the defense system which is at the back of the base. Getting there should be easy. Since there is no entrance to that side, so there’s less of a chance that the crews would try to get in that way. I just need you guys to cover me.”

“Ok deal. Guys! We’re gonna lay down some covering fire for Shoe. On my mark! And Go!”

We started firing our weapons wildly, and Shoe was off running as fast as he could away from the battle. He made it past the building at the top of the hill without getting harmed, and he was off to the building where the defense system could be fixed.

Meanwhile, that last burst had almost totally depleted our ammo. We wouldn’t be able to hold out for much longer. We needed to find a way to block them. Then an idea came to me.

“D-Lucks! If you used the C4 on the towers overlooking the gate, do you think that you’d be able to make it so the rubble from the towers fell in a position that blocked the gate?!”

D-Lucks took a good look at the towers before nodding his head.

“Given the right time and angle, I could definitely make that happen. Heck, I could even do it by just destroying one tower. All I would need is the proper covering fire to make sure a good sport like me doesn’t end up dead and all.”

I nodded. The ammo we had wouldn’t be enough. We’d need something more powerful. I looked up at McJesus’s position, raised my hand, and held up my fingers asking how many shells he had left. He held up one finger. I gave him the thumbs up, and then turned to D-Lucks.

“When McJesus launches his shot, that’s your cue to get in position to set up the charges. Do you understand?”

“Clear as day.” Was D-Lucks’ response.

McJesus took aim and launched the shot right into the middle of the enemy position, and D-Lucks was off running. He quickly made his way to the tower and was in a position where the crews wouldn’t immediately notice him. Once there, he quickly set up the charges. It only took him 15 seconds, before he signaled that he was ready to come back. We lay down the last of our ammo trying to give him the proper cover. While dodging bullets he ran back and was able to do it without a scratch. Once he was back at our position, we had all just run out of ammo. Quickly D-Lucks took a detonator out of his pocket and pushed the button.

The explosion rocked us, sending our bodies sprawling backwards. But more importantly the explosion had been too much for the tower which crumbled and left a large wall of rubble blocking the narrow gate. That would at least hold them off, but there were at least five enemy soldiers who were inside the gate and had survived the explosion. Quickly they got up and started charging our position.

“Guys, we’re gonna have to fight them off by hand. Reaper, get your sword ready.” I said. “The rest of you, use your guns as a blunt object and whack any crew member who comes within range.”

“Lets go guys!” said Joodah, as he broke cover and started charging.

We followed suit, and we all clashed in the middle of the battlefield. Reaper took down two Robot Ranger soldiers as he dodged their attacks and then cut through their bodies with ease.

Joodah was busy holding off a Star Syndicate soldier as they both used their guns to try and land a blow on the other. Meanwhile, I charged up to a Kitty Krew member and using the butt of my gun, whacked him in the face. The kid in the yellow cat suit fell down stunned bleeding from the temple. Joodah was finally able to land a blow on the SS member and then followed that with a vicious crack to the head with his gun.

I was just recovering from attacking the KK member when an UU member starting bearing down on me from behind. I turned around and saw that I was about to get stabbed with a bayonet. Instinctively, I closed my eyes waiting for the impact and the pain. But it never came. A gun shot rang out and the crew member had a look of surprise on his face as he fell to the ground dead from the snipers bullet. I opened my eyes, with just enough time to notice the direction from where the kid was shot.

With a surprised look on my face, I noticed that it wasn’t Crue who had sniped the last crew member since the angle didn’t match up. If it wasn’t him, then who did it?

“I must have a great guardian angel.” I said.

My thoughts were interrupted from figuring out who saved my life as we all heard a giant voice rise across the sky.

“IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!”
WTF?! Whats charging its lazer? Guess we'll find out later ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 20:36:53

At 6/9/07 08:20 PM, 36Holla wrote: McJesus simply walked up to the RPG’s and mounted it on his shoulder. He also made sure to take plenty of shells for the weapon.

Represent.

That's how I roll. Nice and simple. ;D

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-09 22:07:47

Why must you leave us in such anticipation?

Me at: FA | Telegram

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-10 01:16:48

At 6/9/07 10:07 PM, Sunglasses wrote: Why must you leave us in such anticipation?

It makes us continually bump the thread and hundreds of page views, praying for the next chapter. :3

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-10 01:19:03

At 6/10/07 01:16 AM, McJesus wrote:
At 6/9/07 10:07 PM, Sunglasses wrote: Why must you leave us in such anticipation?
It makes us continually bump the thread and hundreds of page views, praying for the next chapter. :3

You must do that to my thread or you die a shameful death in my story >:D

rjhreilly@hotmail.com

STEAM: _frizzyskernip_

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-10 04:20:47

At 6/3/07 05:49 AM, 36Holla wrote: and the competing Kuro’s Lolicon and Guro Warehouse

I was going to comment on this statement, but then I remembered this, so I'll retain my silence.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-10 05:50:14

At 6/10/07 04:40 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: C4 brings joy and happiness to everyone. Mostly.

I guess so!

A bit too little description for my liking through, generic battle scene!

Hope the other view-points don't just repeat the same words :)

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-06-10 11:00:57

At 6/9/07 08:24 PM, 36Holla wrote: “IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!”
WTF?! Whats charging its lazer? Guess we'll find out later ;D

it's sean isn't it?