Be a Supporter!

V-Tech Rampage

  • 51,791 Views
  • 931 Replies
Respond to this Topic
heliarc
heliarc
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 09:27 AM Reply

At 5/18/07 09:46 PM, edylpagaza wrote: lol, USA is fulled with insane people thanks to bush
someday, USA will fall like rome...
huahura

LOL @dipshit, yea it's Bush's fault that there's uncontented fags that shoot up shools.You fucknut.

heliarc
heliarc
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 5/21/07 03:00 AM, scahkruhtees wrote: Personally, the game seems mediocre. Personally, I also believe it's in bad taste.

However, it was apparently playable enough to pass judgment, earning the right to remain.

Just because you can play it doesn't mean it should stay.I mean theres hundreds of those damn quiz games that get blammed but are still playable.

Still even though this game kinda stinks there's alot of worse ones here.

Satanist-Lock
Satanist-Lock
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 09:57 AM Reply

Wow this is one fun topic! If people gets offended so easily, they shouldn't have any media around them at all! Frankly I don't see the problem of this submission, as it's simply computer graphics... a binary code damnit... 10011000100111101101010 . Did that offend you? The only problem here are the people who for some reason thinks that making a game about this episode is morally despicable. And as the great keepers of morale they start ranting about that "the game is evil!!!"

Then the author says that by getting paid he will remove the submission. I can understand that, wouldn't you like to get paid when something you worked on gets removed because someone didn't like it... You wouldnt assume that a car mechanic would fix your car for free would you? However that the submission stays is reward enough for most amateur artists.

And finally removing a submission because some people simply doesn't like it? That would be the start of the demise of Newgrounds, as I see it.

Renpeacock
Renpeacock
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 12:36 PM Reply

At 5/21/07 04:39 AM, Megaaussie wrote:
Well that makes your opinion a bit biased, doesn't it?
There's the fact that if you weren't a student at that school then you wouldn't give jack shit about the game. If it were about some other tragic day you wouldn't care either.

call my opinion whatever you want...the game should be taken down...other tragedies have happened and i do care and i dont think there should be games about them either...so dont tell me what i would or wouldnt care about...you dont know me or what i would feel about anything

Renpeacock
Renpeacock
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 5/21/07 02:11 AM, ViperMask wrote:
LOL. Learn to fucking spell. And if you have learned to fucking read, then you would of read that you're to blame cause you are part of the people who grew up in Virginia and bullied him. Or is part of that race. I know nothing about your school, that's is true but I don't fucking want to learn about a school home to White and Black racist American pieces of shit. So fuck you, you retarded piece of shit. By the way, tell everyone in Virginia that Hokie is not a real word, ASSHOLE.

this isnt english class and i dont have to spell shit rite if i dont want to...its a fucking blog...and no..i didnt bully cho..how the hell can u bully someone u never met..dumb fuck..and how the hell do u know if i grew up in virginia..i didnt grow up there dipshit...so y dont u learn something about that bitch...and by the way..hokie is a word..look it up on dictionary.com ...get over urself and shut the hell up

Ziggedy
Ziggedy
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 01:38 PM Reply

It shouldn't be removed because freedom of speech and the chance to make anything is what makes the internet (including NG) so good. Even if it is bad taste in some people's opinions that dosen't cancel out free speech

sheilafr
sheilafr
  • Member since: May. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Please help Gear Live in Convincing NewGrounds to ban this game.
sheila franklin

V-Tech Rampage

Inferno42
Inferno42
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 5/21/07 03:38 PM, sheilafr wrote: Please help Gear Live in Convincing NewGrounds to ban this game.
sheila franklin

Fuck Gear live. It's staying, and that's a fact.


read my blog, posta commenrt, and I'll read yours!

BBS Signature
Maus
Maus
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 5/21/07 03:38 PM, sheilafr wrote: Please help Gear Live in Convincing NewGrounds to ban this game.
sheila franklin

Hi Sheila. :)

Please do not use these forums to recruit our forum members to your boards. This thread is a place to sound off about your feelings regarding the game, not a 'collect your petitioners here' thread. Thanks! :)

Mr-Destruction
Mr-Destruction
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 05:22 PM Reply

I think the game was funny.


BBS Signature
Abcde123
Abcde123
  • Member since: May. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 5/21/07 05:05 PM, Maus wrote:
At 5/21/07 03:38 PM, sheilafr wrote: Please help Gear Live in Convincing NewGrounds to ban this game.
sheila franklin
Hi Sheila. :)

Please do not use these forums to recruit our forum members to your boards. This thread is a place to sound off about your feelings regarding the game, not a 'collect your petitioners here' thread. Thanks! :)

At least it brings me some relief to see that not everyone likes to say "fuck you stop being a pussy" or "fuck those that died"...you are acting with courtesy and respect. Thank God that at least a few people are sane on here!

Net-terrorist
Net-terrorist
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 07:44 PM Reply

Ha, this topic reached 32 pages!


BBS Signature
Microset
Microset
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 07:45 PM Reply

Newgrounds is a safe haven for objectionable material, ever been to assassin? let it stay because if you ever put up anything objectionable, weather it be a disaster, religious, political, racist -- it'll be safe on NG. SO GET OVER IT!

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 07:56 PM Reply

At 5/21/07 07:45 PM, Microset wrote: Newgrounds is a safe haven for objectionable material, ever been to assassin? let it stay because if you ever put up anything objectionable, weather it be a disaster, religious, political, racist -- it'll be safe on NG. SO GET OVER IT!

ahh your my kind of guy. JUST GET OVER IT. vote 5 on VTECH RAMPAGE everyday.

fivepoint
fivepoint
  • Member since: Apr. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 08:05 PM Reply

i can't believe someone made a game about this, let alone one where you kill people who have actually died (lol, had to think about how to say that...)

take it down >:U

V-Tech Rampage


Where did all the kool kids go?

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 08:12 PM Reply

At 5/21/07 08:05 PM, fivepoint wrote: i can't believe someone made a game about this, let alone one where you kill people who have actually died (lol, had to think about how to say that...)

take it down >:U

or how about not. fucking noob.

misterdog
misterdog
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 09:00 PM Reply

I actually laughed at the game. It's not so different from an assload of flash games already present on Newgrounds. If anything, this game is actually less offensive than a lot of material here. The only thing making it so horrible is the fact that it was based on an event that happened RECENTLY. Everything looks awesome when it's new, but pretty soon, it grows old and few people

Other than those affected

will care anymore.
Nothing can appeal to ALL people, get over it.

tbh hat hat hat.
heliarc
heliarc
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 10:14 PM Reply

Well wait, I am offended about one thing.

That NG is a haven for all sorts of stuff be it something that has no real quality and pisses people off or not.

But you tell it like it is in your reviews and you get a ban?

That game isn't the worst here though by far...I could stay.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 10:17 PM Reply

At 5/21/07 04:27 AM, Zen444 wrote:
At 5/21/07 02:11 AM, ViperMask wrote: LOL. Learn to fucking spell.
Way to get trolled, moron.

And your point is???????????????????

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 5/21/07 12:43 PM, Renpeacock wrote: this isnt english class and i dont have to spell shit rite if i dont want to...its a fucking blog...and no..i didnt bully cho..how the hell can u bully someone u never met..dumb fuck..and how the hell do u know if i grew up in virginia..i didnt grow up there dipshit...so y dont u learn something about that bitch...and by the way..hokie is a word..look it up on dictionary.com ...get over urself and shut the hell up

Your poor spelling makes you look insignificant. That's why. :P

And from I can tell, even if you did grew up with Virginia you would of still treated Cho like shit cause he was Asian, and he would of shot you in the V-Tech (it's kicking in, yo!) shootings.

And hokie....Hmmm...emotional? Basically emo. And from what I've been seeing, that's what you and the rest of the V-Tech students are acting basically, EMO OVER THIS GAME. Dumbass emo kid!

TheMetalmaster
TheMetalmaster
  • Member since: May. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 21st, 2007 @ 10:31 PM Reply

Listen! Play the assassin games they are the same thing there is a reason it did not get blammed

Ihatechavs
Ihatechavs
  • Member since: May. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 22nd, 2007 @ 03:03 AM Reply

Ever heard of freedom of speech?

Zen444
Zen444
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 22nd, 2007 @ 03:52 AM Reply

At 5/22/07 03:03 AM, Ihatechavs wrote: Ever heard of freedom of speech?

Yeah, it's pretty gay.

V-Tech Rampage

KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 22nd, 2007 @ 05:46 AM Reply

You know this kind of thing's big when your coworker asks you about it, knowing you spend most of your lunch hour on these forums.

I agree with him though. The game's not even that good.


...

BBS Signature
Musclemanjr
Musclemanjr
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 22nd, 2007 @ 08:15 AM Reply

I believe NG 30% disrespect and 70% water. What my point is, NG is all about disrespect and pointless games. I mean look at their britney spears section. Throw darts at britney? You think Britney Spears would like that? Probably not, but we still have that up dont we?
Well my conclusion is that V-Tech should stay.

vatechstudent
vatechstudent
  • Member since: May. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 22nd, 2007 @ 09:38 AM Reply

I am posting the same thing I did before, but if you already saw it in the other forum, I apologize. I am only repeating it here because I see the same flawed freedome of speech argument.

I'm not going to rant about the bad taste of this game because that would be redundant. I will mention that this guy has no right to freedom of speech. He is Australian. The Australia Constitution does not explicitly protect freedom of speech. In 1992 their High Court did protect freedom of speech with regards to politics so that people could be free to discuss Parliament, etc. This right does not go on to include non political issues. That is why Austalia is investigating the creator and game. Essentially, he could find himself in legal trouble in his own country, because he does not have a right to freedom of speech outside of the political arena, and the va tech tragedy does not count, as an event. It would be different if the game were designed to show his view on gun control, but it doesn't. So end rant. Just a little thought. So the creator may be legally forced to take the game down in the end anyway. Not including the fact that he is illegally using copyright music without permission or payment for the right. Thanks, have a good day. :)

hellsmaw18
hellsmaw18
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 22nd, 2007 @ 10:00 AM Reply

if he just put this up for attention and profit, his animations should be deleted, his account should be cleared and he should rot in jail :|. its sick to use the harm of others in a real life situation for a persons own gain.

Necropolis123
Necropolis123
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 22nd, 2007 @ 10:32 AM Reply

At 5/22/07 10:00 AM, hellsmaw18 wrote: if he just put this up for attention and profit, his animations should be deleted, his account should be cleared and he should rot in jail :|. its sick to use the harm of others in a real life situation for a persons own gain.

He was joking about the money thing and taken it down.

dscream1
dscream1
  • Member since: May. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 22nd, 2007 @ 11:41 AM Reply

Theres a freaking game of 9/11 and they didnt care
why care now?
what goes in newgrounds stays in newgrounds

-D.scream


BBS Signature
CogSpin
CogSpin
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage May. 22nd, 2007 @ 04:51 PM Reply

I just played the game for the first time. It really is a masterpiece. I'm not just saying that to look like a cool jerk or similar Newgrounds stereotype. It's actually an entertaining, well-programmed game with some funny speech if you talk to people before shooting them. An example of the good programming: you can talk to people calmly, but if you shoot in the same area as them, they'll start to flee from you.

I could have easily opened up Flash, made a poorly programmed game, and got the same attention as Pigpen, but this guy actually put some effort into making it a quality game.

That quality is respresented by the high score the game gets, despite being hugely offensive. I mean, to get over 3.0/5 for such a mass-offending game is really quite remarkable.

And that's why the game is at the top of my favourites list on NG ;)


cogspin