Respond to this Topic
Maxxor
Maxxor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 05:38:41 Reply

Oh man, this hag gotten pretty huge. I read about this in a swedish newspaper. :O

I think it's pretty tasteless, but it shouldn't be taken down IMO.

Doors. You'll know when they're appropriate.
dA

BBS Signature
Bunzi
Bunzi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 06:11:00 Reply

At 5/19/07 02:18 AM, Anti-pie wrote: Take it down? No.
To soon? Yes.

pfft, I made this like a week after the whole shootings.

Boltgun
Boltgun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 07:29:09 Reply

It's poor taste but I wouldn't want Newgrounds to start filtering that way.

However the author is asking money to take it down, this is ridiculous. "Haha I'm making a movie making fun of a recent tragedy. I'll remove it for cash!"
The movie should be deleted before we start seeing another stupid money trend in this site. Especially one this stupid.

PandaMime
PandaMime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 08:30:44 Reply

At 5/19/07 03:24 AM, klonnicus wrote: no. Cry me a river.
1 no one made you click that link.
2 your whining is personally offensive to me, so you have to stop. Thats the way it works? Right?

At 5/18/07 02:36 AM, wan-tan-soup14 wrote: I felt awful to even clicking that link to it.

Take it off.

Oh my god.
klonnicus, you're so fucking stupid.
For one thing, quote the correct way, with the quotes FIRST so we know what the hell you're talking about.
And, if you beleive that if something is personally offensive to you it has to stop, and the V-Tech game is offensive to people....
Right?

BBS Signature
DESOLATER4
DESOLATER4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 09:09:03 Reply

I say...gun that game down,get it the heck off NG

newkidonng
newkidonng
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 10:11:53 Reply

Does this game have any merit, or is it strictly an exercise in poor taste? Are you offended by it? Did you enjoy playing it? Should it be taken down? What do you think?

take it down

V-Tech Rampage

BBS Signature
Steven-M
Steven-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 10:34:58 Reply

At 5/19/07 10:21 AM, NEOEvgenii wrote: Pot: Kettles are negroes.

Fixed. Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but this site is full of flash movies and games focusing on all kinds of offensive subjects. Removing the VTech game for the sake of 'decency' would just be hypocritical - we're talking about Newgrounds here, the home of Teletubby Fun Land, 9/11 DDR and Rats on Cocaine.

madhatterfinalcut
madhatterfinalcut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 10:40:38 Reply

At 5/18/07 01:00 AM, SickDeathFiend wrote:
At 5/18/07 12:59 AM, madhatterfinalcut wrote: i think the guy is crying out for attention, it should be taken down it mocks what happened. freedom of speech is ok until it mocks a tragedy.
fuck you douche

buddy, your an idiot. you cant even respond with a proper arguement? what an idiot

PicoZX
PicoZX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 10:45:32 Reply

Take it down!
I'm so offended!

( Not to be rude but I can't believe someone would do that! )

//Newgrounds Anti Spam Petition//Brawl Friend Code: 1934 2126 9747/ Wii Number: 4796 8198 3995 9066

BBS Signature
madhatterfinalcut
madhatterfinalcut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 10:50:49 Reply

At 5/18/07 01:00 AM, ViperMask wrote:
At 5/18/07 12:59 AM, madhatterfinalcut wrote: i think the guy is crying out for attention, it should be taken down it mocks what happened. freedom of speech is ok until it mocks a tragedy.
Would you like the Columbine Games (especially Pico), and the 9/11 flashes taken down too?

you i will respond to nicely, yes the Pico and 911 games offend me but 911 happened in 2001 and columbine in 1999. soon after i believe a month after columbine, the great tom fulp released Pico's School. Although i do not like the fact that this game was released soon after Columbine happened. There is shit that can be done about this and anything else, such as the V-Tech Game.

vthokiemv2be
vthokiemv2be
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 10:53:58 Reply

I think this is RIDICULOUS!!! I am going to be a freshman at Virginia Tech and I don't want some jerk creating a game that glorifies that tragic day when my best friend lost a close friend. I personally think that this is obscene and needs to be taken off. Who cares about freedom of speech? This has gone WAYYYY to far.

There's a place for people like the creator of this game, it's called insane asylums.

TheBlackDahliaMurder
TheBlackDahliaMurder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 11:00:30 Reply

At 5/19/07 10:45 AM, PicoZX wrote: Take it down!
I'm so offended!

You're a hypocrite with an alias like Pico. That school shooting game came out a month after Columbine. Think before you speak.

At 5/19/07 10:53 AM, vthokiemv2be wrote: Who cares about freedom of speech? This has gone WAYYYY to far.

People that live in a democracy. His right to make this game trumps your bad feelings about it.

There's a place for people like the creator of this game, it's called insane asylums.

Making a game like this does not constitute sending him to an insane asylum.

BBS Signature
VespeneGas
VespeneGas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 11:02:23 Reply

Boo fucking hoo.

Blommestein
Blommestein
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 11:04:49 Reply

At 5/19/07 12:24 AM, ViperMask wrote: Anyone notice how that after people respond to Blommestein with the facts and the truth, that he completely shut the fuck up? LOL PWN3D. Blommestein is just a ignorant insecure piece of shit how tried to bring God into this so called "argument".

...Or that I simply don't spend all of my time on a forums like some of you, and consequently was offline. By using 'LOL PWN3D' you made any opinion of yours invalid in my eyes. Also its notable that my comment wasn't arguing anything (in that post), but it was merely a comment. This further invalidates your opinion, since you showed that you are a total dumbass.

And fuck you to all of you Virginia Tech students here. Take some responsibility and take some of the blame, bitches.

Oh right I forgot that if a few people provoke a psycho its acceptable and expected that he is to kill a mass number of people and it becomes our fault. Once again, you're a dumbass. In my view, there's nothing argue here. VA Tech killing was wrong, and if you challenge this statement than you're fucked in the head. But there certainly are a number of ignorant people here indeed even supporting the VA massacre, and encouraging and reinforcing each others ideas, since its just a majority of idiots. The fact that someone would say 'Ha-Ha' followed by <Insert tragedy or Massacre here> is just ignorant beyond belief. Thats all I have to say, but expectedly the same mass of idiots will come and say shit back, and encourage each other, and enough of the idiots will agree, and someone will say 'LOL PWN3D' or something to that effect. Wash, rinse, repeat.

TheBlackDahliaMurder
TheBlackDahliaMurder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 11:16:16 Reply

At 5/19/07 11:04 AM, Blommestein wrote: Wah.

Wrong? Yes.

Moral in making it? No.

Does he have the right to? Yes.

End of argument. Wah.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 11:35:43 Reply

KEEP THE GAME UP!!! you pussies just keep it up christ the 9/11 games are up and is anybody pissed about them?

CAPTAIN-COW
CAPTAIN-COW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 11:48:31 Reply

Freedom of Speech means nothing on this website. Freedom of speech does not matter on this website because it is privatly owned and he is not one of the owners. Its the reason that his website has been taken down. Freedom of speech is the right to make the game and put it on the internet but if it breaks the terms of service with the place hosting it then it would be taken down. Also since newgrounds does host it they can take it down if they want its just their decision. Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with it being on this website.

Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 12:05:34 Reply

At 5/19/07 11:35 AM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: KEEP THE GAME UP!!! you pussies just keep it up christ the 9/11 games are up and is anybody pissed about them?

Yes, people have expressed displeasure over the fact that NG hosts those games, so please stop posting if you're just going to make wild assumptions like that.

For Blommstein, in no way am I defending the actions of school shooters. What I was pointing out was your cavalier attitude towards the manner in which kids (not just bullied ones) today think, feel and then act on those feelings. Bullied kids aren't just wallflowers anymore. With the way the media works itself into a frenzy whenever one of these events happens, a lot of them see violence on a grand scale to be the one way they can be in control and be remembered for it in perpetuity.

schneelocke
schneelocke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 12:12:09 Reply

Keep it up. If this is the most offensive thing somebody'll ever see, they must've lead a very sheltered life (not to mention that they must have a very thin skin).

Newgrounds shouldn't get into the business of censoring stuff that's passed into the portal for content reasons unless it's required to do so by law (e.g. libellous flash movies).

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur
Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit
Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

biophage
biophage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 12:16:39 Reply

Yes, it's true that Newgrounds has the right to take down any content on their site that violates the user agreement. However, freedom of speech is still quite relevant to this argument. It is viewed as one of the fundamental rights of man, and should be respected. In keeping with this respect for others, I personally would not support taking this game off the site. While this content is undoubtedly offensive, it is not clear if the creator's sole purpose in creating this game was profit or publicity, and the use of authority to silence people is very heavy-handed and authoritarian. If the game offends you, don't play it.

homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 12:40:32 Reply

like some guy on page 25-26 said, these argueements are just going around in circles.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Bunzi
Bunzi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 12:53:11 Reply

At 5/19/07 12:40 PM, homor wrote: like some guy on page 25-26 said, these argueements are just going around in circles.

you spin me right round baby right round, like a record baby, right round, round round!

TehreTard
TehreTard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 13:02:48 Reply

At 5/19/07 10:45 AM, PicoZX wrote: Take it down!
I'm so offended!

( Not to be rude but I can't believe someone would do that! )

Seriously, fuck you. Newgrounds is known to have controversial flash movies/games that make fun of current events. If you don't like it, THEN LEAVE.

BBS Signature
CUBErt
CUBErt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 13:12:16 Reply

Oh the horror!

Why do people care about trivial things such as this?

BBS Signature
boydman18
boydman18
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 13:39:16 Reply

Freedom of speech . . . it can be a pain in the ass at times, such as now, but you have to let drivel like this slide or else it weakens the concept as a whole, which has far more frightening implications.

Tokugawa-2006
Tokugawa-2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 13:49:26 Reply

Plenty of freedom of speech arguments here. Quite funny actually. All of us reacting so strongly to a flash that I personally find neither offensive (nor notable). Plus, it's recreation of the events are surprisingly inaccurate. For all I know, only the names have anything in common (heck the character you played wasn't even really Asian, let alone an image of the killer). If it wasn't for that, it could easily be mistaken for something fictional. Obviously a cheap (and effective) attempt to get some attention.

Also, I would like to add two other bits of information to the rest of you who claim absolute freedom of speech.

1. Does anyone recall the yelling "Fire!" in the theater house argument? Not very applicable to this case, but it does point out we do need to understand self-limitation. If you're too dumb to figure out what it is, then try it at your local theater! (No really don't just think about it.)

2. From what I did see in the game, it almost seems like a vague simulator. Oh! How easily could we could cross the line from 'offensive game' to 'training aid' for future shootings. Yeah, we have the right of free speech, but the government has the right to arrest those who 'promote terrorism' and crap. A slippery slope argument, yes, but recall what happened in March 2003 (and still today).

In retrospect, I guess argument 2 isn't completely true, since there is a 'suicide bombing' game somewhere on this site as well. Hmm. I'm almost tempted to see how many games like this can be made on the site before the FBI takes notice and begins operations to investigate. Maybe we are innocent, but I'd rather not have my life interrupted.

To make a long story short, I vote take it down. If it does get taken down or not, I don't care.

Well, have fun demeaning each other and spouting your arguments, I got better things to do. Man why do I waste my time typing this? Not too many people will read it (nor understand it :P)

N0VA64
N0VA64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 13:58:01 Reply

O.K. For one thing, this game is sick and wrong. if you were part of the family of or a friend of one of the people who died in that incedent and you saw this game making fun of the death of a loved one or friend, what would you think? I understand that making fun of current events is something newgrounds has done in the past, but a game making fun of a shooting done by a real person who was mentally troubled and killed his fellow classmates, just isn't funny, it's sick. Do you really want Newgrounds to be a site that supports that kind of content? I hope the answer is no.

Pico's School was very offensive and sick but it was just on the border line of ok because it wasn't reality. It wasn't a real event. (yes I know it was inspired by columbine the point is it wasn't directly referring to columbine.

Also I'm not sure any of you understand that it's games like this that give gamers a bad reputation among the rest of the world. It's games like this one that make some people hate video games and make them think they're a terrrible thing and deestroy a persons mind and nature. Often these school shootings are blamed on video games and the reason is because of games like V-Tech rampage. Would you like Newgrouinds to be amplifying this view of gamers? Do you want tthe world to hate gamers? Personally I don't. I think videeo games should be regarded as a respectable form of entertainment like Movies, Music, or TV. V-Tech rampage certainly isn't going to help.

SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TAKE IT DOWN! In respect for those who died in the massecre and for the reputation of gamers everywhere. I don't think we should be laghing about a horrible tragedy. However, I can understand if Newgrounds keeps it up for sake of free speech, but that doesn't mean we as users don't have the right to blam it.

supyohos123
supyohos123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 14:08:06 Reply

At 5/19/07 01:58 PM, N0VA64 wrote: Old

Make a new fucking argument people!

deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 14:11:19 Reply

Crying shame one faggot from VA I really hate didn't get brutally slaughtered. I'm still hoping he gets hit by a train, but that's one hell of a long shot.

In regards to the original post... I have no opinion.

#coys

BBS Signature
xxwtfpeoplexx
xxwtfpeoplexx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-19 14:38:54 Reply

how the fuck will he get hit wit a train he is dead aint he