Respond to this Topic
TwistedMouth
TwistedMouth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 03:33:03 Reply

Personaly I took no offence, but I can see why these kinds of things offend people. When Steve Erwin died a game was made with him avoiding(or killing) stingrays, a tad suss indeed. But in all, a game's a game. If everyone took offence too the killing of others, there would be no WW2 or Vietnam type games, shooters or otherwise.

Jesse-Ray
Jesse-Ray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 03:49:07 Reply

At 5/18/07 01:47 AM, PiGPEN wrote: THIS THREAD IS JUST A WAY FOR THE NEWGROUNDS STAFF TO PROMOTE THE GAME WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE THEY PROMOTE THE GAME.

Haha yeah you have to admit Newgrounds would be getting a lot of unique hits from your game, I never knew the game existed untill I read this thread, hasn't been in the West Aussie media. The games not even bias its the equivalent of watching a documentary or news report on the incident just in a narrative form.

BBS Signature
Dark-Serpent
Dark-Serpent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 05:00:48 Reply

At 5/15/07 04:54 PM, Ross wrote: Does this game have any merit, or is it strictly an exercise in poor taste? Are you offended by it? Did you enjoy playing it? Should it be taken down? What do you think?

EXTREME POOR TASTE....This is a Disgusting display in very poor taste that has no place here in my opinion!!!
Nuff Said

Jokez
Jokez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 05:01:55 Reply

if you fucking take that game down i'll f

Crowler
Crowler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 05:24:01 Reply

its fucking awesome. keep it

BBS Signature
Mawxter
Mawxter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Reader
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 07:05:40 Reply

im not reall sure if it should be taken down or not.

but what really sickens me is how Pigpen said that if enough people deposit money into his account THEN he'll take the game down.

he sounds like an asshole

when LIFE gives you lemons, make lemonade. then find someone who's LIFE is giving them vodka, and have a party

BBS Signature
Therman
Therman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 08:16:30 Reply

for everyone who doesnt like this game can shut up. they dont need to play it. it shouldnt be taken down at all. let it stay. and if anyone pays him to take it down they must be retards. DONT PLAY IF YOU DONT LIKE!!!

HAcoreRD
HAcoreRD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 08:28:28 Reply

Yet it's not on the Front page. And ppl whine about this, but the 9/11 games got no backlashes. Oh how about Madness School 2. That was like VA tech too. Sorta.

BBS Signature
Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 08:28:29 Reply

At 5/18/07 06:55 AM, Aci6 wrote: Mate, :) its giving me my deity whistle!

Read the authors comments. He's asked that you guys stop flagging reviews.

Fora
Fora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 08:38:21 Reply

Read the authors comments. He's asked that you guys stop flagging reviews.

whyyyy

Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 09:19:08 Reply

At 5/18/07 08:38 AM, Fora wrote: whyyyy

If you really want to know, send a private message to the author, rather than continuing to spam up this thread.

Advent1NC
Advent1NC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 10:00:08 Reply

Well, it really isn't anything differant from the other "offensive" flashes around the internet, as well as newgrounds. I say it should stay. If the creator want's to take it down, fine by him.

Ross
Ross
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 10:13:08 Reply

At 5/18/07 01:47 AM, PiGPEN wrote: THIS THREAD IS JUST A WAY FOR THE NEWGROUNDS STAFF TO PROMOTE THE GAME WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE THEY PROMOTE THE GAME.

No... this thread exists because, if there's somethng especially noteworthy (which V-Tech Rampage is, for better or for worse) happening in the NG community, we want to give everyone a place to discuss it on the frontpage. Would you rather be ignored?

Ross Snyder - PHP Juggler
If you find a problem on the website, send me a PM.

Mogly
Mogly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 10:25:09 Reply

At 5/18/07 10:13 AM, Ross wrote:
Would you rather be ignored?

Blatantly he wouldn't..

PigPen, serious question - how do you feel now? Are you sorta feeling a bit eary that all this has happened from a little jokey game, are you proud, trying to hide your face a bit, what?

WEBSITE
BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~
NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature
satsukirebel
satsukirebel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 12:17:34 Reply

The problem with this is that if the ball starts rolling where does it stop. The KKK currently still exists and they have a right to be idiots if they choose to be. I think as far as gameplay this is fairly normal for some of the ones I see online. Yes, its unoriginal and a pile of steaming crap. Still, he has a right to make it. Then again I think his greed is what makes this different. He's not just doing it to prove any feelings. He using it as a scam, a creative one though. Should we support it? No. I think it should be brought down for that reason alone. Thats like mailing the victims relatives pictures of the event, saying you'll stop if they pay up. His morals are shot. He doesn't deserve to profit from others misery. Sounds to me like he needs to get out of his dingy little comp chair more often.

Bardock4
Bardock4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 13:08:54 Reply

I wonder when this forum is going to be locked or disappear ??

illeaturmom22
illeaturmom22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 13:23:43 Reply

best game I ever played keep it or I will cry

Bardock4
Bardock4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 13:25:14 Reply

At 5/18/07 01:23 PM, illeaturmom22 wrote: best game I ever played keep it or I will cry

Lol to be honest who knows whats gonna happen with the game but i reckon you will not be crying.... because if it gets removed from this site it's gonna spawn some were else. It always does.

Maus
Maus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 13:34:38 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:17 PM, satsukirebel wrote: Thats like mailing the victims relatives pictures of the event, saying you'll stop if they pay up.

That's a bad analogy. If anyone found the game, it's because they looked for it, not because it was delivered specially to their emails.

Nightstrik
Nightstrik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 14:00:35 Reply

Why even try to argue about this on an intellectual level? This is the internet. If something offends you, click the little x in the corner. I'm pretty sure this doesn't break any laws so why should it even be an option that it be taken down?

Bardock4
Bardock4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 14:19:48 Reply

At 5/18/07 02:00 PM, Nightstrik wrote: Why even try to argue about this on an intellectual level? This is the internet. If something offends you, click the little x in the corner. I'm pretty sure this doesn't break any laws so why should it even be an option that it be taken down?

Well true i don't think it has broken any laws either, but i heard the federal government might of stepped in on the taking down of his personal website. That or the website provider took it down. Who knows neither can be confirmed thought and i heard this through the news but do you always believe what you read and see?

And your right this is the net and there is a little X button.

X-Buster88
X-Buster88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 14:22:33 Reply

I can see why people are making a big thing about this game. But i don't see a reason to take it down. Knowone is forcing anyone to play it. It's just a matter of time before this slides out of the media eye and they'll be talking about something else.

Man..I've been gone a while o.O..

BBS Signature
MAsterXantricks
MAsterXantricks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 14:27:54 Reply

ok it will be taken down if there are enough ppl who hate it so let it up it will still end up dead .

Bardock4
Bardock4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 14:43:39 Reply

At 5/18/07 02:36 AM, wan-tan-soup14 wrote: I felt awful to even clicking that link to it.

Take it off.

If you felt awful then why did you click it why didn't you just ignore it you had to click it didn't you, you went out of your way to make your self ill... silly

turningthekey
turningthekey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 14:49:40 Reply

Free speech is vital to the survival of our country. It should not be illegal to create or distribute a game like Rampage, and the day our government tries to throw someone in jail for doing so is the day I start burning it onto discs and handing it out. But with that said, how much we ought to be able to do things like that is an almost altogether separate issue from whether or not it is morally right for us to do those things.

One question is that of when we should be allowed to do wrong, and the other is that of if it is wrong. Think about smoking. Should a person be allowed to smoke? Absolutely. But does that mean that it is healthy for them to do so, or that it is the right thing to do? Absolutely not. People have a right to dig themselves a grave one pack at a time, but that doesn't make it healthy or moral.

Whoever made that game has a right to make it, but that doesn't mean that they are justified morally. The harm they are doing by making that game is emotional rather than physical, and so they have a right to cause it, but that doesn't make it any more right. While to have a government that works we need to have our laws based on physical rather than psychological protection, that doesn't have anything to do with what is moral.

Newgrounds isn't a government organization, and so they aren't obligated to give everyone a platform. And I hope that everyone at Newgrounds realizes that for me to support free speech I don't have to give everyone equal access to my personal megaphone or printing press. I am not the government and so I am personally responsible for any message I print or otherwise relay. And every person on the Newgrounds staff that has the power to delete that game but doesn't, is personally responsible for the hurt that it causes people.

I hope you all listen to your conscience, and keep in mind that how guilty you are has nothing to do with how many others are also guilty.

MooniniteBombSquad
MooniniteBombSquad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 14:50:42 Reply

Anyone have the music in the game? it's pretty catchy

If anyone can resize this sig picture so it works, and can make it so it looks like a regular signiture, please help me :(

BBS Signature
Addict18
Addict18
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 14:56:02 Reply

At 5/15/07 04:54 PM, Ross wrote: Does this game have any merit, or is it strictly an exercise in poor taste? Are you offended by it? :Did you enjoy playing it? Should it be taken down? What do you think?

I think it should be kept up.

TheSovereign
TheSovereign
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 15:08:06 Reply

I don't know what the big deal is. But, hey! It's better than the Colembine RPG, at least you get to shoot people in this one!

BBS Signature
Cheekyvincent
Cheekyvincent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 15:23:33 Reply

wanting money- how greedy is he?

TheBlackDahliaMurder
TheBlackDahliaMurder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 15:35:29 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:22 AM, Abcde123 wrote: May God have mercy on your soul.

I'm atheist. Nice try though.

I still don't care about the dead.

BBS Signature