Be a Supporter!

V-Tech Rampage

  • 52,681 Views
  • 927 Replies
Respond to this Topic
Abcde123
Abcde123
  • Member since: May. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:42:11 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:40 AM, supyohos123 wrote:
Check out the rest of the Bastard section. This is actually nothing compared to some of the other flashes here.

If that is so, then I must decline. Seeing what people think about this one flash is horrific enough.

Erathun
Erathun
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:42:28 Reply

At 5/17/07 08:52 PM, TheStarSyndicate wrote: I like how all of you people believed that cartoons making fun of the Prophet Muhammad were funny, and are offended to hell by this stuff.

Don't you guys see that there is no difference? If you're going to try to enforce freedom of speech in insulting billions of Muslims, you can enforce freedom of speech in this case too. Or are you all too afraid to?

Prophet Muhammad is a historical figure, as well as jesus, buddah and other religion people. They are purposly pushed into the mainstream. None of the kids that died that day asked to be put out on the news.

Jesse-Ray
Jesse-Ray
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:42:36 Reply

$2000 to take it down? madknt lives in Sydney I'm sure he'll hunt him down for less.


BBS Signature
ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:44:04 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:18 AM, hokieproud wrote: As a Virginia Tech student it disgusts me that anyone would even be sick and cruel enough to create or play a game like this. As we are trying to remember our loved ones that we lost that day and try continue on with our daily lives, a reminder like this is so inhumane that I really cannot begin to express the sadness that the creation of this game has caused the Tech community. To the creator all I can say is that I hope that God has more forgiveness in his heart than I do because increasing the pain caused by this event for the families and friends of the victims is unforgiveable. To me you are no better than the man that killed my friends and teachers that I loved, and if it were up to me you would rot in hell for eternity because the fact that you are so callous about this tragedy makes me sick to my stomach and it really makes me terrified for the future of humanity, which until seeing this had not been in question at all. It saddens me that people really want to profit from this because the loss of human life is nothing to joke about. Also, for those who allowed him to post it I also hope that you do some serious soul searching and realize how great this mistake was because there is a limit. So, to anyone who thinks this is funny or enjoyable try to imagine it being real and how you would feel if you were to be in the middle of it, if you still think it is funny then I really hope that you seek help because I would not wish the pain that we are going through on anyone.

Virginia Tech, Class of 2007

Wow, talk about uneducated. Maybe you should of realized that he did it cause YOUR PEOPLE and PEOPLE LIKE YOU in the racist state of Virginia told him to "go back to China" while he was growing up, bullying him cause he was different. Your own racism and the racism of your people is unforgivable too. You should of realize that this could of been avoided if you didn't treat him like an outcast. And the game only got posted cause PEOPLE VOTE ON EACH FLASH GAME OR FLASH MOVIE AND THE PEOPLE VOTED TO KEEP IT ON. It's not the staff's fault that the game is up.

I hope you open your own eyes and mind someday and realize that your people could of avoided the shooting and fuck you for your racial backlashes against Asians. By the way, hokie isn't a real word. :P

Maus
Maus
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:45:17 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:30 AM, Abcde123 wrote: I know...it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about how messed up some of these people are. It is hard to be optimistic in a society where the death of another is nothing more than a statistic.

Have you ever considered that one of the drawbacks of living in a global society is that you become a statistic?

Maus
Maus
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:46:59 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:38 AM, Abcde123 wrote: I was browsing the forums and read about the game.

This is really the only thread about the game. he thread was spurred by the media coverage. So yes, you heard about the game because of media coverage.

trigun66
trigun66
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:52:23 Reply

Far worse things end up on newgrounds, so why should this be removed? There's a collection of flash that remind us of 9/11. So what if it's a different point of view? Even if the game is taken down school shootings will happen still, it won't change a thing. Leave it be, eventually people will realize they have more important matters to take care of. That, or something else will come out that everyone will bi*** about as they have so many times in the past.

On a side note, gameplay wise, I've seen worse but I've also seen far better.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:53:01 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:22 AM, Abcde123 wrote:
At 5/17/07 04:09 PM, TheBlackDahliaMurder wrote:
At 5/17/07 01:51 PM, Abcde123 wrote: Wah...
I really couldn't give less of a fuck about those that died. I really don't fucking care.

Grow a set.
It is people like you who plague our society. People like you who don't care about others, who have no compassion and sympathy...people like you who really show what true evil is in this world.

You may tell me to "grow a set", but you are the one who really needs to grow a heart. You say you don't care, and it really shows just how pitiful people can be.

Something is really wrong with you if you don't sympathize for those victims. Families lost their children...swept out from under them with little reason or warning. They were shot and killed while attending their classes in college by a deranged maniac who cared little about their lives, their families, their experiences, their loves, their hopes, their sorrows, and their future. He ended it all.

And you say you don't fucking care? You don't care about those who died? What the hell is wrong with you? That mindset was the exact same one shared by Cho who killed those people. Everyone one of their lives are gone forever...smited in a single instant by a person who was filled with hatred for others and cared little about their lives. People like YOU breed this hatred and violence, people like YOU are the ones who make this world such a sorry place, people like YOU are the ones who make a mother cry when she realizes that her daughter will never come home again because she has been shot in a tragic incident.

May God have mercy on your soul.

He doesn't care cause he had no involvement or family involved with the shooting that's why. It's double standards that everyone has, INCLUDING YOU. And Cho's mindset was completely different. He was out for REVENGE for being bullied by racist people in White and Black America like YOU. So don't give me that "Cho didn't cared" bullshit. And ohhhhhh you're bringing religion into this now huh? Trying to act all high and mighty? Well then let me point out something that you are too ignorant to know or even research. Cho was raised to be a Christian, but his fellow Christians bullied him for being different. And your faith preaches about love and respect for others? Hypocritical bullshit.

By the way, may God have mercy on my SOUL :P

SupersonicII
SupersonicII
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:55:45 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:18 AM, hokieproud wrote:

:As a Virginia Tech student it disgusts me that anyone would even be sick and cruel enough It saddens me that people really want to profit from this because the loss of human life is nothing to joke about. Also, for those who allowed him to post it I also hope that you do some serious soul searching and realize how great this mistake was because there is a limit.

Virginia Tech, Class of 2007

Let me say again, if you wanna criticize PiGPen or whatever the loser's name is, you gotta criticize Tom Fulp too. The loss of human life is plenty to joke about. You just don't have the balls to swallow it. You shouldn't even be on NewGrounds. This is site for people with a sense of humor about horrible tragedies like Columbine and VTech.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:56:48 Reply

At 5/17/07 08:52 PM, TheStarSyndicate wrote: I like how all of you people believed that cartoons making fun of the Prophet Muhammad were funny, and are offended to hell by this stuff.

Don't you guys see that there is no difference? If you're going to try to enforce freedom of speech in insulting billions of Muslims, you can enforce freedom of speech in this case too. Or are you all too afraid to?

Thank you for showing mankind's double standards once again! Finally someone with common fucking sense. I'll never blam another SS flash again. Even if it has lemon party.

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:57:51 Reply

Wow, what is with all the idiots on high horses?
again I say, your all douches.
stfu, its not worth complaining about.
if you dont like it, dont watch it, end of story. if You want to implement a censorship on hurting peoples feelings due to subject matter, leave ng right now. or atleast only watch E rated movies/games. fucking retarded douche bags.


Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

madhatterfinalcut
madhatterfinalcut
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 00:59:10 Reply

i think the guy is crying out for attention, it should be taken down it mocks what happened. freedom of speech is ok until it mocks a tragedy.

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:00:00 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:59 AM, madhatterfinalcut wrote: i think the guy is crying out for attention, it should be taken down it mocks what happened. freedom of speech is ok until it mocks a tragedy.

fuck you douche


Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:00:26 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:59 AM, madhatterfinalcut wrote: i think the guy is crying out for attention, it should be taken down it mocks what happened. freedom of speech is ok until it mocks a tragedy.

Would you like the Columbine Games (especially Pico), and the 9/11 flashes taken down too?

Chakra-X
Chakra-X
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:06:16 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:55 AM, SupersonicII wrote:
This is site for people with a sense of humor about horrible tragedies like Columbine and VTech.

Not necessarily. Those types of movies and games may have given Newgrounds its initial popularity, but I think things have matured a bit since then.

Eh, a lot of people who tend to make fun of tragedies just seem like opportunists to me.

LoveandGuns
LoveandGuns
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:23:32 Reply

At 5/18/07 12:22 AM, Abcde123 wrote:

May God have mercy on your soul.

Preachers of the internet. lol

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:24:42 Reply

By the way hokieproud (whatever the fuck a hokie is) didn't you see that the author of that flash made fun of Cho Seung too? Oh, then again you wouldn't cause you're too blind to see that the author is making fun of everyone involved in the shootings. And by your logic we can make fun of Cho Seung even though he was the first victim in all of this (victim by bullying) before he took others with him. :P

Parasoul
Parasoul
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:26:46 Reply

It would be a rather cowardly move on the part of Newgrounds to take this off. There are probably thousands of movies on here that use copyrighted music, so that is a lame excuse. I would just let him resubmit it with different music and let it stay here forever.

As far as the quality of the game goes, there were misspelled words, which makes the game worse automatically. The engine was OK and I was fine with the graphics. The missions were interesting but very glitchy, especially in the school where students would randomly disappear and I couldn't win because of it. The cutscenes could be a little flashier. Overall, the game was OK. There are thousands of worse games on this site. With new music it should be allowed to stay.

Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:27:51 Reply

I love how people overreact at some stuff.

I can't wait to see people's reaction when my novel will be out.

Making people react... sells.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:38:32 Reply

HOW DO I SHOT STUDENTS?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:44:06 Reply

its funny how people get their panties in a wad over some pixels in a flash document.


Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:47:30 Reply

Lol you guys still arguing?
This isnt a REAL debate thread...newgrounds would never take down something just because its controversial.

THIS THREAD IS JUST A WAY FOR THE NEWGROUNDS STAFF TO PROMOTE THE GAME WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE THEY PROMOTE THE GAME.


BBS Signature
LoveandGuns
LoveandGuns
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:50:58 Reply

At 5/18/07 01:47 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Lol you guys still arguing?
This isnt a REAL debate thread...newgrounds would never take down something just because its controversial.

THIS THREAD IS JUST A WAY FOR THE NEWGROUNDS STAFF TO PROMOTE THE GAME WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE THEY PROMOTE THE GAME.

Hey, PiGPEN! How have you been throughout this entire ordeal? :)

supyohos123
supyohos123
  • Member since: May. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:52:08 Reply

At 5/18/07 01:47 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Lol you guys still arguing?
This isnt a REAL debate thread...newgrounds would never take down something just because its controversial.

THIS THREAD IS JUST A WAY FOR THE NEWGROUNDS STAFF TO PROMOTE THE GAME WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE THEY PROMOTE THE GAME.

It's brilliant! I wish there was a sequel. :'(

I notice that they put unemployed and not in school next to your name like 500 times.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:52:37 Reply

PiGPEN YOU'RE MY HERO! Did you get my messages by the way?

player0ne
player0ne
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 01:59:44 Reply

It is not enough to say freedom of speech 'unless' what is being said offends someone. That was the nature of free speech, people couldn't punish you for stating an opinion, or making a statement, or expressing yourself. When did our freedoms acquire strings? Ok, yeah this game is probably a stunt to gain attention, and it is a pretty crappy stunt. But where are we going to stop? Over the last year I have seen careers destroyed because of someone being offended. How far away are we really from being in a state where what we say can have us thrown in jail? I believe we as a country have gone too far in trying to keep everything 'politically correct'. Why should political correctness matter? Why should somebody be punished for saying what is on their mind? Why are we so determined to censor them? Where are we going as Americans? We are supposed to be the ones preaching Democracy and Human Rights. When did we decide that our own was no longer necessary? This game, yes is pretty low, and the creator should be ashamed. But why should this be taken down? Why do we want to censor it? Who are we to censor someone's expression when we preach freedom of speech?

PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Member since: May. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 02:06:08 Reply

At 5/18/07 01:52 AM, supyohos123 wrote: I notice that they put unemployed and not in school next to your name like 500 times.

Well its true but theyre really trying to push my loner status. My friend is pissed everytime they leave out the fact that he came up with the donation idea.


BBS Signature
Maximus-DM
Maximus-DM
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 02:48:40 Reply

This game should not be removed.
Every reason that I have thought of has been said already in this tread for the reasons it should stay.


Maximus Decimus Meridius

BBS Signature
Sparks-0
Sparks-0
  • Member since: May. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 03:06:19 Reply

Reasons for staying up
it's killing and killing is fun.
Most things on NG are offenceive to somebody.
Nobody would know about this if pepole cared .

reasons for coming down
This guys a douch for making it a ransome

Random thing
More pepole were murdered in America during the hours that the rampage was going on then the rampage it's self


Pain is Funny, this is to prove it.

BBS Signature
Austerus
Austerus
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-18 03:13:04 Reply

The game should stay and be available.

1. People always brag about protecting the freedom of speech even if that offends others. This seems to be ok only when those offended are not from the west or don't agree with the power-that-be. If freedom of speech is such an universal value, then this should be accepted.

2. The US as a state always preys on other people's misfortune, they've went to great lengths to even destroy two countries, I don't see why people are complaining when someone profits from the misfortune of the americans. Grow up and live with this.