00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

tri-achnid tricks and chalanges

32,540 Views | 213 Replies

tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-09 02:13:08

this game rules so much if you haven't tried it check it out here
Tri-achnid
and some other links that might be fun
bata
video
so I keep checking for tri-achnid 2 but till then I found some ways to pass the time.
spin walking is the first thing you should learn you pick up the foot farthest from where your going and kind of throw it forward, by the time it lands you should have the next foot doing the same thing, doing this you can roll across level 6 without any webs.

heres 2 funny bugs to launch the egg sack (or other a few other objects):
this one I call the knee rocket: it's done by holding the egg sack on the ground so it's pointing at the knee of the foot thats holding it with your other 2 legs stretched out flat, I think it shoots it because the foot and your knee squeeze it out, but watch out with this trick because sometimes the egg sack will just kill you when you try to launch it.

this one I call the one way pulley: the one way pulley is a really long loop that stops at the same place as it starts like a really long v you can make it by starting a loop at a high place then grab the web at your mouth and pull it out a bit release the mouse first then the space bar this will stop you from attaching it to a wall, take the 2nd foot and grab the web at your mouth again and do the same thing then go back to the foot thats holding the first bit of web, after you pull it out really long stick the web to the spot you started it at, go to the bottom and CAREFULLY put anything but yourself (unless you want to restart that level) on to the bottom of the web, this will shake down anything hiding up in high places.

the foot web: you can use this to catch fleeting pulmie quickly- if you hold you foot out in the air and press control 2 times you will get a web thats stuck to your foot then lunge it at a pulmie as it files away it will most likely get caught by the web.
the foot webs will stay stuck to your feet as long as your arn't holding the mouse button when you touch the ground if you do the web sticks to the ground and your foot isn't holding it anymore, so you can even hold the pulmie to your foot with a web and still walk around, however this is a bad way to fly because it will just fly down and land most of the time.

challenges:
find the "wind!" written in the sky it's in normal text not in the couds or anything. (if you find it don't post where it is you will know if you found it)
hold a larva in your mouth.
make perseus boots by putting a plumie on each foot with a web.
I was going to list beating the hart without grabbing it (get it 'beat the hart'?) but no matter how many rock you hit it with it dose nothing the only way to do it is by grabbing the orbs around the hart, not the hart itself, so don't suggest that one I tried.
the last challenge I have I can't do myself one time on level 2 I got the door button to fall out, I was to slow to get a screen shoot :( but I got it to fall out by stretching my legs around the rock with the button like I was giving it a hug it killed me and the little green orb fell out, if you get it to work try to get a screen shoot please and post it here.
try beating the game without any webs:
level 3 is a bit hard I would just skip that, but if you really want to try I got it my first time playing before I knew about webs with any trouble just by luck, the other time I played through without any webs I got it to go into the crack in the wall on the left after a long longtime.
the trick to level 6 is spin walking
if you get it going good you can do level 6 without in a few seconds.
if thats not to hard try getting all the larva with webs:
you can shake the larva on level 3 down with a one way pulley, it not to hard to fly there it's getting down thats hard.
the larva on level 6 without webs it's really really tricky instead of using the web to guide you and your pulmie have to use one foot and your wasd keys, it takes working with 2 hands at the same time but the real trick it getting down again, the wind blows your pulmie the other way so it's not helpful anymore you might want to try throwing your egg sack up there beforehand and holding it in your mouth to protect you but I didn't try that and don't know if it's helpful, other that thatthe only thing I can say is good luck you'll need it.
beating the game without your jaw:
you can mostly get around holding things in your mouth by using the foot web so it's not that hard except for getting the larva on level 6 it took my a good few hours buy I'll let you know it can be done with a well controlled jump off the spikes, thats right the first spike is like a normal wall up to the point, I also flung a pulmie up there and it got stuck on the spikes when I jumped up there I carefully grabbed the pulmie and tied it to a foot web and it flew me down safely, it was really hard and not all that rewarding.

hope you all have fun and post if you have and more challenges I would like to try them.

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-09 02:14:14

that games really poorly made i mean at least use the arrow keys. i hate when faggots make games that they suck at

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-09 02:23:16

At 5/9/07 02:14 AM, GTFO wrote: that games really poorly made i mean at least use the arrow keys. i hate when faggots make games that they suck at

and i hate when idiots try to look cool by putting other people down. except when it's funny.

like flaming YOU, for instance

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-09 02:29:44

At 5/9/07 02:14 AM, GTFO wrote: that games really poorly made i mean at least use the arrow keys. i hate when faggots make games that they suck at

The amusing thing about that statement is that Tri-Achnid is one of the best games on this website. And the fact that you're either an ignorant fuck, or a shitty, unfunny alt.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-09 02:37:05

oy.......
please stay on topic
and need I remind you all of the rule Chasing / harassing / flaming other users ect.
so far the only one thats made a resonable post is GTFO.....

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-09 02:46:20

up till you said the thing about the hart the what GTFO said about the arrow was the only thing that came close the discussing the game

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-09 02:51:42

for real
the way you walked was the bigest part of this game

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-09 03:15:09

Flash by GTFO:
-None-
lets see you make a better game

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-10 17:06:19

new chalange see pic below

also I found that you can pull the door button out a bit with a web but it clicks into place outside the rock, when I got it to come out it was still glowing and it might be that it only worked like that because I died, oh well I'm going to keep trying.

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-10 21:45:32

heres a funny example of the one way pulley in use:

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-10 21:46:58

Flash
-none

You don't need to be saying that when you have NO flash skill, no reasonable facts, and no aspect of the forum rules.

So you can't not like a game if you don't use flash?

What - the - fuck.

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-13 22:32:29

I found this thingy in the first level it spins to the right and past the flag befor you can see it normaly I was thinking it was like the egg sack because you don't have one it would let you into the next level without it but I can pass the flag without the thing so it's not that, post if you have any ideas

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-13 23:38:01

I've always sucked at the game, though I appreciate that it is a programming masterpiece of actionscript.

Also makes me think, why aren't there more topics like this in the NG BBS about games, flashes and challenges...

"It isn't that democrats are ignorant. Far from it. it's just that they know so much that just isn't so"

Ronald Reagan

Proud supporter of the Dinosaur Conspiracy Theory

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-05-15 23:27:11

hey thanks for the reply, if you find anymore cool games like this maybe I'll make some more posts like this.
but it would also be nice to know if people are putting this junk I made up to use.

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-19 09:58:23

the game is so good that it should be made on cd's when the other episodes are made. It's denying fact when u say it's bad.

anyway, some discussion about the game. There are 2 places in the game where u can do something that u didn't list at the top post. both where u fight the birdies at level 5 and when u dive for the blue key inside the large monster. Fishing!

First when u fight the birdies, u put a web to the lower left of the spawn thing, then go across the room to the other side. there u stick one foot at the rock sticking out, then reel in the web with the other 2 foots. the birdies would stick to the web, and when you have reeled them close, akte one foot, grip it and eat it. Barbarian style.

And in the belly of the big creature, u stick a web in the roof before u go down to the pool (if u want put your egg sack in the web to make things easier), then dive down and lay the blue key in the web line. then u climb up again before u run out of air, climb upp to where u put the web, hang in one foot and reel up picking upp all your catch.

The greatest mystery of the whole universe: Women.

Come those who love tri-achnid. This is TOUCHING :')

my gunning prowd.

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-19 09:59:17

At 5/9/07 02:26 AM, Mr-Anderson wrote:
Flash
-none

You don't need to be saying that when you have NO flash skill, no reasonable facts, and no aspect of the forum rules.

agree with that statement lol

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-21 11:11:28

Watch me fishing up the glooms at level 5.

my gunning prowd.

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-21 12:21:53

Also, check out a fast web combo that i use to quickly disarm incoming glooms.

I just strech out one leg, put out some web and swing the leg around the gloom. On impact with the web, the gloom looses its course against me. I keep on swinging the leg until i hit a surface, then i stick the web to it. now the gloom will be stuck, but it can still reach out to me if it tries. Therefore i grip the web that is till in my mouth and put it at the wall to the side of the gloom, before i cut it.

Now it won't be to much trouble.

Alternatively, i either keep it as an emergency food storage, or if the gloom got reinforcements, il just grab them with the leg and put it in the web at the side of the trapped one .

my gunning prowd.

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-29 18:31:26

wow I thought this thread die long ago, I gave up and forgot about this when all anyone said anymore was: "it sucks!" or "it rulz!" or my fave "you suck!".
But ElMicha thats a good one I guess I did forget fishing so heres a new chalange:
let the larva on the last level fall then get them back.
and now I'll leave you with this funny pic.

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-29 18:42:14

thats not to hard, all you have to do is stick some web on the wall(after they fall) go a little bit away from it, the cut your web, then go back and riel em in

i'm an asshole

this is my asshole page

thats my asshole signature down there

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-29 18:45:51

Wtf is wrong with you? This is one piece of amazing programming which even TomFulp approves it.

He had it in a news post. I do believe it was in the Halloween conetest winners post.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-29 18:49:57

At 5/9/07 02:29 AM, MadCow wrote: The amusing thing about that statement is that Tri-Achnid is one of the best games on this websiteAnd the fact that you're either an ignorant fuck, or a shitty, unfunny alt.

And I love how everyone flaming him insted of sticking to the point.

Grey power.

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-29 18:55:57

That's one of my favorite games. I always found it too time consuming though.

00110000001100000011000100110001001 10000001100010011000000110000001100 00001100000011000100110001001100000 01100000011000100110000

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-29 19:04:31

I've always found that I can never complete the game. I played it through one time, but that was it. it is just fun for me to get to the second level where the rocks are suspended in the air and make a huge web....it is alot funner than it sounds, actually

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-30 12:58:23

At 8/29/07 06:42 PM, snapper5 wrote: thats not to hard, all you have to do is stick some web on the wall(after they fall) go a little bit away from it, the cut your web, then go back and riel em in

U dont realy need to do that either. u can just stick the web on one side of the entrance, then go to the other side and pull the hanging thingy. the larvas will fall into the web (which is still hanging from your mouth) and then they will get to you when you climb up.

also, there is one thing that ive read people may not know. the way to get the larvas at level 2 and 6.
I think some people are lucky and just rumbles the ground with stuff for the larva to fall down, but there is another way to get it, cause where do it come from?

the smal blue brids that is around the stages, they got a good lifting power. so if u manage to trap one in the web, u can then put it into your mouth to hold it, while it also tries to flee from u (it still flies). so after that, get to a high point and release all the legs from the ground to allow the bird to fly both you and it into the air. Well in the air, take the bird out of your mouth and hold it into the direction u want to fly it.
the floating isle that u come to is where the larva was originaly.

heres a picture of me flying above the floating isle. (I am flying in so low angle because of the wind. if i was straight up, the wind would pull me to the right.)

my gunning prowd.

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-30 13:35:46

Oh, ive also found a new style looking attack method.

Know how to do use the web as an whip? (it stands in the first post)

To make the achnid more combat like, add some more webs to the same foot. That makes the foot like a web-flail! (Warning: Better use this on a good computer, cause if u make to many webs, the pc may begin to lag cause of all the data added for each web.)

Also, a challenge. Can you find the place where it stands "Wind!" and "Tersound!"?

my gunning prowd.

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-30 14:10:40

I know it's a secret, speaking about wether I'm OK but, I don't see any insperation in big lies... and that's all I say. You think it's crazy, but I got these papers that prove I'm only sick.

I don't see any insperation in clear skies so I sleep all day.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-30 14:35:16

SPAM WITHOUT MERCY!

BAN WITHOUT MERCY!

this guy really needs to get a life

to the point of the game, i can't complete it now for some reason, my comp always replaces the screen with something else (as i have to use the popups)

i'm an asshole

this is my asshole page

thats my asshole signature down there

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-30 14:44:15

At 8/30/07 02:35 PM, snapper5 wrote: to the point of the game, i can't complete it now for some reason, my comp always replaces the screen with something else (as i have to use the popups)

try going to www.triachnid.com. the same game is on its own screen there.

my gunning prowd.

BBS Signature

Response to tri-achnid tricks and chalanges 2007-08-30 20:18:13

I was disapointed to find that the flail dosen't work on the hart in the last level.
as hard as I beat the hart with rocks and stuff it never dies it's only when I grab on to it that damage is done. :(
on the plus side I feel pritty powerful when I crash the game hitting the hart (by useing the one way pully) even thought I can't kill it with a rock I can kill the game with one.