00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun?

4,045 Views | 8 Replies

Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun? 2003-05-23 12:13:51

Whats the difference between the two? Is the latter REALLY just a shotgun that you have taken a saw to?
The reason i ask is because in Pico's Cousin Two you find a shotgun and i was thinking that later if you find a saw it becomes a sawed off shotgun...lol, like i said i don't know much about guns...
P.S. I have implemented a Inventory system that works JUST like Pico's school and Pico's Mansion! And yes, the bosses will be better, and more challenging.

Response to Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun? 2003-05-23 12:19:12

I think they actually do saw off part of the barrel so the pellets spread more.

BBS Signature

Response to Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun? 2003-05-23 12:19:40

Normal shotguns are long and therefore when they fire it makes it more precise cos it travels down the barrel. Sawed-off shotguns are lighter so you can turn around real fast and blow someones face off and cos they're shorter they spread the shot out more, so you can hit stuff without trying.

Response to Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun? 2003-05-23 12:19:55

For a sawed off shotgun you saw the barrel shorter and then put a smaller grip on it, like a pistol grip..."sawed off" just describes the barrel of the gun... this makes it easier to conceal than a normal shotgun

Response to Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun? 2003-05-23 12:24:20

A sawed off shotgun has most of the butt of the gun sawed off, it is useful for concealment of the weapon.

BBS Signature

Response to Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun? 2003-05-23 12:54:32

Ok, so you can literally just take a regular shotgun and saw the barrell with a saw? And whats the difference between a rifle and shotgun?

Response to Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun? 2003-05-23 13:00:47

When you, and IF you saw off your shotgun, make sure you use Hoppe's barrel oil, so that you make a clean cut on the barrel(s). Though, this is used to clean the metals of your firearm, it's a good idea to make sure you don't lose metal shavings down your barrel, and fuck up the rifling. Be aware, that if you use buck shot, the bb's spread will be immediate after it leaves the barrel, because you have made the barrel shorter. It's not a good idea to saw off the barrel of an Over/Under.

Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun?

Response to Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun? 2003-05-23 13:23:37

ShotGuns shoot either Bird Shot, (Pellets) or slugs (Big round balls of doom).
When doing such, you need to take off one barrel and replace it with another, in this instance the bird shot barrel is smooth as to allow the pellets to pour out in one blast.
A slug barrel (Or any rifle actualy) has grooves which turn the bullet in order to make it fly faster, longer.

Sawing off the bird shot barrel does three things, makes the spray wider and chops the hell out of the distance in bird shot, and add a whole bunch of kick.
Pretty much the same for slug only take out the spray.

There you have it.

Response to Shot Gun and Sawed Off Shotgun? 2003-05-23 13:58:14

Hey thanks guys! Wow, another first post in my topic :-)