00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Destiny2Lover2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Bbs Houserules

9,156 Views | 46 Replies

Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:04:57

This is a collection of threads NG BBS moderators have gathered, that hold usefull information about various "houserules" Newgrounds BBS have maintained over time. Some of the links are just guidlines, while some are a more detailed explanation of the BBS rules, and might have been created before they were actually in the rules. Also, over time this thread gets old as well, so keep in mind when viewing the following threads.
If you know of any threads that aren't represented here but should be, feel free to post links to them in this thread.

If you find this usefull, it might be a good idea to bookmark this page for future references!

Happy BBS posting!

HOUSERULES
§ Post all videos here and About the video thread.

- Due to alot of videos cluttering the BBS, this collection have been created.

§ Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution Mk2

- If you have ideas for NG, this is where to post them.

§ I made <insert photo subj.> look...

- Regarding photoshop threads and posts, and worn out "bandwaggons".

§ New Story Rule. =O

- Regarding story threads, especially the ones where readers gets to choose what's coming next.

§ Nested Quotes

- Regarding overused quoting

§ Pics or it didn't happen

- Regarding an overused comment

§ "Rape her" is not a valid post.

- Regarding an overused comment

GUIDELINES FOR POSTING ON THE BBS
§ Improve your subject titles!

- Self-explanatory title

§ Guide: what is and what isn't spam?

- Self-explanatory title

§ Invade our forums with intellect!

- Pretty much self-explanatory title :)

FURTHER EXPLANATION/DISCUSSION OF EXISTING BBS RULES
§ Guide to Bumping Topics.

- Self-explanatory title

§ Parody Topics

- Self-explanatory title

§ --> No More Sig Threads <--

- Self-explanatory title

§ New Rule: English only

- Self-explanatory title

MISCELLANEOUS
§ Whistle Points & Level FAQs

- Regarding NG-profile and stats

§ Voting Power FAQ & Rankings

§ Blam / Protection Points & Rankings

§ Newgrounds FAQ II

- Regarding NG-profile and other interesting stuff

Wakka wakka

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:07:15

Teachers pet!
>:(

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:08:38

Heh! You missed my newer and more relevant 'No ABCD Story thread' topic ;-)

*grins*

because they are rubbish and spam centres!

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:08:45

At 5/6/07 05:06 PM, CitricSquid wrote: general is beyond help.

i think you're right... especially during the daytime... night time ppl are better and usually older

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:09:02

Thanks I didn't know a lot of stuff about the BBS before i saw that list.

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:09:51

At 5/6/07 05:06 PM, CitricSquid wrote: This was useful how? This'll just get a 100 "VEWY GUD" and then die. You wasted your time, general is beyond help.

well, some users are serious enough to bookmark loads of these links, so why not help out the ones who are a bit more lazy and have them all collected in one thread, so only one thread needs to be bookmarked? :)

Maybe it'll just wither and die, we'll see :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:10:36

At 5/6/07 05:08 PM, Sarai wrote: Heh! You missed my newer and more relevant 'No ABCD Story thread' topic ;-)

*grins*

Hey, I see no link to it? ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:11:07

At 5/6/07 05:10 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 5/6/07 05:08 PM, Sarai wrote: Heh! You missed my newer and more relevant 'No ABCD Story thread' topic ;-)

*grins*

Hey, I see no link to it? ^^

Because I guess I am not a mod anymore, and therefore 'guidance' I made, doesn't count? :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=46 9893

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:12:57

This should definitely be made into a sticky, or added to the existing one. Otherwise it'll just fade into obscurity :-(

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:14:24

At 5/6/07 05:06 PM, CitricSquid wrote: This was useful how? This'll just get a 100 "VEWY GUD" and then die. You wasted your time, general is beyond help.

You're right about the thread eventually dying and people missing it, but it still can be searched. I think the biggest problem was using "Houserules" in the topic title instead of "House Rules," because some users may search 'rules,' but I doubt any of them will search 'houserules.'

It is, however, a very well constructed thread.

Who knows, maybe they'll could post a link to this thread in the Official BBS Rules. I'm going to bookmark this page in case someone needs referral.

At 5/6/07 05:07 PM, DanimeB wrote: Teachers pet!

Pay attention.

Ng Bbs Houserules

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:16:53

At 5/6/07 05:11 PM, Sarai wrote:
Because I guess I am not a mod anymore, and therefore 'guidance' I made, doesn't count? :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=46 9893

how did you manage to get demodded?! i wasnt even aware that you could get fired... can i take your spot? hehe

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 17:27:16

At 5/6/07 05:16 PM, MissingNYC wrote:
how did you manage to get demodded?! i wasnt even aware that you could get fired... can i take your spot? hehe

I think she stepped down. "I think" is the key word there.

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:16:28

Either this is some good reading or I'm entirely bored.

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:18:05

So is this the 'List Of Fun Things We've Killed' thread?

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:22:28

At 5/6/07 07:18 PM, WilliWowza wrote: So is this the 'List Of Fun Things We've Killed' thread?

Basically its a list of all the mods saying: no fun >:(

Eeeyup~

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:27:10

One day I'm going to find a way to break all if not most of those rules.

A Bedtime Tale | 1 | 2 | 3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:28:28

All of those are moot because they remain an homage to mods who had to stick their cocks where they don't belong, and remain disreguared until they're eventually ignored entirely.

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:30:00

At 5/6/07 07:28 PM, MidnyteRayne wrote: All of those are moot because they remain an homage to mods who had to stick their cocks where they don't belong, and remain disreguared until they're eventually ignored entirely.

Newsflash: I can't spell "Disreguarded"

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:31:54

You forgot Dobio's response to the question of whether or not story threads can still be posted, after they seemed to become illegal on NG.....

"You can still post stories, as long as they're not Gay." - Dobio.

(I think that pretty much says it all).

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:35:41

If i was to make a topic breaking every single one of those 'rules' (I use that word loosely, because they're all bullshit in my opinion.) what's the maximum you personally would ban me for Rucklo? Are you man enough to keep updating my ban? Or is it simply overboard enough to get my account deleted?

Serious question btw. I've always wondered what the answer would be, not just from you, but others as well.

You know this topic is going to be forgotten about in less than a week, which is kind of sad considering it appears you took a lot of effort and time on it. Here's hoping it's not.

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:36:52

At 5/6/07 07:30 PM, MidnyteRayne wrote:
At 5/6/07 07:28 PM, MidnyteRayne wrote: All of those are moot because they remain an homage to mods who had to stick their cocks where they don't belong, and remain disreguared until they're eventually ignored entirely.
Newsflash: I can't spell "Disreguarded"

Can you spell disregarded?

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-06 19:41:05

Errr....
I'm gonna stay out of this one.

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-07 01:51:11

At 5/6/07 05:11 PM, Sarai wrote: Because I guess I am not a mod anymore, and therefore 'guidance' I made, doesn't count? :)

Those guidlines are still valid. I never saw that thread before. And if anyone have any more hidden treasures, please go ahead and post a link to them here! :)

At 5/6/07 07:35 PM, Slightly-Crazy-Dude wrote: what's the maximum you personally would ban me for Rucklo? Are you man enough to keep updating my ban? Or is it simply overboard enough to get my account deleted?
Serious question btw. I've always wondered what the answer would be, not just from you, but others as well.

If you do something that horrible that I belive I should keep updating your ban, then sure, I will. In that case it's boarderline to getting your account deleted anyways. I mean, if I'm man enough? It's just the internet, I'm not gonna have nightmares from such a thing. ;)

You know this topic is going to be forgotten about in less than a week, which is kind of sad considering it appears you took a lot of effort and time on it. Here's hoping it's not.

Oh yeah, it's already fogotten (4 pages bump right here:). However, the ones who have seen it might remember it and have some kind of use for it, and then somone slips a link to somone else, and a third one just remember the topic name good enough to be able to search for it. Some have bookmarked it.

At 5/6/07 05:12 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: This should definitely be made into a sticky, or added to the existing one. Otherwise it'll just fade into obscurity :-(

I will try to keep a link in my sig to it for a while. But sure, it's not a thread that's gonna stay bumped forever with a good discussion, it's a resource that's out there simply :)
But yeah, it would be nice to get a link to it from the BBS-rules themselves, for recommended reading, if one have had a bad childhood with little rules or so ;)

Wakka wakka

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-07 01:55:26

At 5/6/07 05:04 PM, Rucklo wrote:
§ Invade our forums with intellect!
- Pretty much self-explanatory title :)

That was always my favorite one. Like taking out your megaphone and yelling "STOP BEING SO STUPID" to a crowd of people is going to accomplish something.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-07 01:58:46

you forgot that unwritten rule that every member is required to flaunt their utter detachment from reality and complete absorption in idiotic underground internet culture in every post they make, making this forum essentially a showcase of the painfully unfunny humor of pathetic losers who are too awkward to function in the real world!!!!!!! yeh thats about right

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-07 02:01:19

i think the only rule that really needs following is, use some common sense when posting, however this seems far to complicated for the majority of people here.

threads like these that come up, are pretty pointless.
most of these threads were included in the rules page in some form last time they were updated.
if the mods collectively feel the rules do not cover everything they wish them to they should have them updated once more.
this thread will be forgotten and outdated within days.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-07 02:09:26

At 5/7/07 02:01 AM, madknt wrote: i think the only rule that really needs following is, use some common sense when posting, however this seems far to complicated for the majority of people here.

threads like these that come up, are pretty pointless.
most of these threads were included in the rules page in some form last time they were updated.
if the mods collectively feel the rules do not cover everything they wish them to they should have them updated once more.
this thread will be forgotten and outdated within days.

you're missing the point with this thread. Sure it will be forgotten in a few hours, but some might remember it for it's collection of links, and be able to locate it when needed. Also, some of these links are only help and guidlines of how to post on this BBS.
I've found myself reading through old threads, like the ones that are linked to from here when there have been a lock with a proper link.
Also, yes, the rules could very well be updated, but some of the links are only guidlines etc.

At least you have seen the thread, so when time comes you might be wondering where the thread is and actually search for it, rather than trying to find a "houserulthread" with a topic title you can't remember :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-07 02:12:45

At 5/7/07 01:58 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: Wow, Sure is a lot of mods make their own rules.

of course!! i mean a cop can speed down a highway and not get a ticket, but someone who goes just over 10 gets one... its always the same... ppl with power over do it...i say mods get rotated... like every 6 months they get replaced... that would be fair

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-07 03:58:42

D:<

illegal text

Response to Ng Bbs Houserules 2007-05-10 09:52:56

Great start here, I'll add what I know and didn't see posted already.

Warning

This is about raiding other sites on newgrounds

About Roms

Pretty much covers roms completely by bigbadron

There was also a bomb thread he issued a warning about, but not able to find at the moment.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature