New Topic Respond to this Topic
PastryMan
PastryMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 13:02:45 Reply

I like D&D. I played it several times before with friends. I have a few pretty awesome programs to keep organized with D&D on my mac. Now, I want to play....but I have no friends, lol. I tried searching for chat rooms, but couldn't find any. Also, playing D&D on forums is gay as well.

I dont know why Im asking you, cause about 8% of you have played it before, but do any of you know any good sites for such a thing? I want to get back into D&D, and I want to do it over the internet.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 13:16:12 Reply

Thank you for the laugh buddy.

XChainsawX
XChainsawX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 13:27:25 Reply

At 5/3/07 01:02 PM, PastryMan wrote: I like D&D. I played it several times before with friends. I have a few pretty awesome programs to keep organized with D&D on my mac. Now, I want to play....but I have no friends, lol. I tried searching for chat rooms, but couldn't find any. Also, playing D&D on forums is gay as well.

I dont know why Im asking you, cause about 8% of you have played it before, but do any of you know any good sites for such a thing? I want to get back into D&D, and I want to do it over the internet.

text gaming sucks.
i can't say i don't enjoy D&D sometimes, but it's not the same without some good graphics.
if you're willing to pay money, buy a copy of neverwinter nights, and search "NWN modules"
on google.
there's plenty of free campaigns on the web and you can build your own and play online.

J3bus
J3bus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 13:54:55 Reply

At 5/3/07 01:02 PM, PastryMan wrote: I dont know why Im asking you, cause about 8% of you have played it before.

Did you know 57% of statistics are bullshit?

And isn't there a new D&D game coming out at some point? On some console, I forget which.

The door is a jar.

BBS Signature
VespeneGas
VespeneGas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 14:01:06 Reply

At 5/3/07 01:16 PM, Ryan wrote: Thank you for the laugh buddy.

This post's sheer quality made me cum.

Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 14:12:28 Reply

Well, there's D&D online. I've not checked it out my self, but apparently it's quite good. NWN and NWN2 are good as well.

If you meant that you wanted to find people to meet up with and play D&D with, then I can only suggest the Wizards of the Coast D&D forums. Other than that, I'm not too sure. Sorry if that didn't help at all. ^_^;

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
XannyBarz
XannyBarz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 14:14:44 Reply

I bet my ePenis can beat your ePenis.

dalmo
dalmo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 14:15:14 Reply

is d&d any good? im not a jerk who calls people nerds but isnt it kinda like that?

Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 15:17:32 Reply

At 5/3/07 02:15 PM, dalmo wrote: is d&d any good? im not a jerk who calls people nerds but isnt it kinda like that?

Well, it depends. I mean, what most people think of as "D&D" (Dice rolls Etc.) is actually the D20 system. D&D is just the setting. For instance, D&D is like High fantasy, Swords and sorcery, where as the Game Master could run a game set in modern times, with guns and explosive or whatever.

So if you think the dice rolling is nerdy, then you won't enjoy it very much, but if it's just the setting that you don't like you could still have fun with it.

God I'm a dork...

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
PastryMan
PastryMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 18:50:31 Reply

At 5/3/07 03:17 PM, Trambamboline wrote:
At 5/3/07 02:15 PM, dalmo wrote: is d&d any good? im not a jerk who calls people nerds but isnt it kinda like that?
Well, it depends. I mean, what most people think of as "D&D" (Dice rolls Etc.) is actually the D20 system. D&D is just the setting. For instance, D&D is like High fantasy, Swords and sorcery, where as the Game Master could run a game set in modern times, with guns and explosive or whatever.

So if you think the dice rolling is nerdy, then you won't enjoy it very much, but if it's just the setting that you don't like you could still have fun with it.

God I'm a dork...

Well put. The medieval swords and dragons are just the presets. Anyway, I knew that you would all be like "oh thats dorky", cause it is, but thats fine. D&D is a fun you wont experience until you actually play it.

Now Im guessing no one can answer my question...

AwfulAwful
AwfulAwful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Reader
Response to D&D Chat Online 2007-05-03 18:51:37 Reply

Gongar the warrior walked up the narrow dirt road towards the quiet forest when suddenly...

BBS Signature