Be a Supporter!
Cyan60
Cyan60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Oblivion Apr. 30th, 2007 @ 06:17 PM Reply

Im not sure what Major skills to choose since I want to go for useless majors like athletics, so i can take my time practicing magic and combat so it doesnt get too hard to fast does anyone know how this will affect my lvl uping?
Is there a truly perfect combination of sighn, class and race?

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!
It's alot more beautiful than it sounds.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 05:52 PM Reply

faqs.ign.com search oblivion, select ign guide and ur sorted

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 05:54 PM Reply

Athletics is a great major skill because it goes up simply by your walking. So just walking around and swimming can make you level up that way.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.
Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature
Killarfromspace
Killarfromspace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 05:55 PM Reply

you should be imperial and use magic or assassin i think its the best or you can use the Bad way
Down

down

down

down

Modpca "speed" 100
Modpcs "athletics" 100

I'm better than you.

PastryBaron
PastryBaron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 05:57 PM Reply

You suck!

If I had that game I would've given up on it by now.

BBS Signature
Syloan
Syloan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 05:58 PM Reply

athletics and acrobatics are good for getting around, just get skills your going to use, you can still develop skills even if you didnt pick them so don't worry about that just go with what your using whether your getting a sword or a shield or just a claymore you would want blade and block since you can block with a claymore but it wouldn't deflect arrows.

Be lost in the confusion of your own reality

Killarfromspace
Killarfromspace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 5/4/07 05:57 PM, PastryBaron wrote: You suck!

If I had that game I would've given up on it by now.

you're stupider than i tought i dont cheat i just said if he didnt want to use 7 hours to train athletics. i did it and i will never cheat

I'm better than you.

Gunga-Din
Gunga-Din
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 06:06 PM Reply

I dont have Oblivion .... but im hardcore Morrowind fan so....... Its prty much simply said.... There is no perfect combo. Every1 has their strengths and weakness's.... It all depends on how u want to play.

Your a bad person if you laugh at that pic...... ppl died man.
92%of Kids/teens have changed to rap music. If you are one of the 8% who still rock out the put this in yur sig.

BBS Signature
coconut-ddd
coconut-ddd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 5/4/07 05:58 PM, Syloan wrote: athletics and acrobatics are good for getting around, just get skills your going to use, you can still develop skills even if you didnt pick them so don't worry about that just go with what your using whether your getting a sword or a shield or just a claymore you would want blade and block since you can block with a claymore but it wouldn't deflect arrows.

Um yes it would deflect arrows, and you want to look at your style of play. The game will actually recommend what you should choose based on your play style through the Imperial City Dungeons.

Syloan
Syloan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 06:17 PM Reply

how do you know he doesn't have xbox ver, in with the pc ver i cheated like hell but he is asking for advice, ath and acro are good minor skills,(i guess i shoulda mentioned that) because they build up so much you can level pretty fast, thats why they were good but really, yeah nothing perfect choose what you want.

TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 06:18 PM Reply

Minor skills don't effect your leveling. They just give you the abilities that they come with as they level up.

BBS Signature
3tard
3tard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 06:19 PM Reply

if you want useless skills, pick the thief skills (excluding sneak) and the magic school you will use the least.

HandsomePete
HandsomePete
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Filmmaker
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 06:21 PM Reply

As far as major skills, pic stuff that's really easy to raise, like blade, armor, destruction... DO NOT pick stuff like alchemy, speechcraft... you'll get reeeeally stuck on levels that way.

BBS Signature
TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 5/4/07 06:21 PM, HandsomePete wrote: As far as major skills, pic stuff that's really easy to raise, like blade, armor, destruction... DO NOT pick stuff like alchemy, speechcraft... you'll get reeeeally stuck on levels that way.

Alchemy is really easy to raise up. Just pick shit from plants and make potions. I always pick alchemy as one of my major skills and I level up really fast.

BBS Signature
Syloan
Syloan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 5/4/07 06:18 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: Minor skills don't effect your leveling. They just give you the abilities that they come with as they level up.

oh yeah... well they're good for getting levels like that one guy posted, and... cant remember if a claymore can deflect arrows but im not reinstalling oblivion it would take 30 mins.

Gunga-Din
Gunga-Din
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 5/4/07 06:23 PM, TacticalShoe wrote:
At 5/4/07 06:21 PM, HandsomePete wrote: As far as major skills, pic stuff that's really easy to raise, like blade, armor, destruction... DO NOT pick stuff like alchemy, speechcraft... you'll get reeeeally stuck on levels that way.
Alchemy is really easy to raise up. Just pick shit from plants and make potions. I always pick alchemy as one of my major skills and I level up really fast.

Dude i dont care wat elder scrolls yur playin..... alchemy sux! It doesnt do anything usefull until u get 50+ lv in it!

92%of Kids/teens have changed to rap music. If you are one of the 8% who still rock out the put this in yur sig.

BBS Signature
Doom-Fan
Doom-Fan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 08:29 PM Reply

Buy the game guide and all your questions will be answered. (Trusts me, I have it, It covers absoulutley EVERYTHING.... with the exception for The Shivering Isles)

rjhreilly@hotmail.com
STEAM: _frizzyskernip_

BBS Signature
Gunga-Din
Gunga-Din
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Oblivion May. 4th, 2007 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 5/4/07 08:29 PM, Doom-Fan wrote: Buy the game guide and all your questions will be answered. (Trusts me, I have it, It covers absoulutley EVERYTHING.... with the exception for The Shivering Isles)

It probably does... but as i alrdy said.... there is no perfect class..race...sign combo. You should always choose based on your playing style!!!

BBS Signature