00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

COW#25 - Voting!

1,269 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 12:32:25

On time with the voting for once! Just so you know, you don't have to take part in COW in order to vote, everyones welcome! I'm not sure if people knew that or not..

I decided to try re-writing the rules, and just sum them up better

COW#25 Thread

Rules
1 - Only vote for one user (highlighting their name with bold is helpful)
2 - You can't vote for yourself
3 - A reason isn't necessary but is welcome, along with C+C on other entries too
4 - This is concept art, so don't just vote on art quality
5 - Keep discussion over votes down, arguing over reasons is pointless, nobody so far has changed someones elses mind, so don't bother trying
6 - You don't have to participate to vote!

Entries for COW#25 Hipple!

Entries that weren't accepted this week:

ultim8dude: Didn't get past a WIP
Father-of-Death: It was a spot, and the topic was Hipple, not Himple

Close to being rejected:

Razac: You did say it was incomplete but it looked like an almost finished image so I included it.

Last Weeks Voting

Total entries: 15
Total votes: 27

In 4th place, Orchidaceae and JohanL with 3 votes!
In 2nd place, The-Ninja-Monkey with 4 votes!
And in 1st place, with 13 votes, Razac!

COW#25 - Voting!

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 12:49:32

At 4/30/07 12:36 PM, Volit0 wrote:

:that Hipple looks like Havyosunu XD
Lol!

5 - Keep discussion over votes down, arguing over reasons is pointless, nobody so far has changed someones elses mind, so don't bother trying

Bah

I vote for Zach , concept's great and everything I said in the thread. Was close to choosing fuzz though.

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 12:58:44

I really like razacs one.
So, thats razac from me.

Well done for last week : )

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 13:10:19

At 4/30/07 12:49 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I vote for Zach , concept's great and everything I said in the thread. Was close to choosing fuzz though.

Thanks! And the discussion rule is hard to sum up, so still not sure if I've wrote it right.

To me, there was two ways of taking the word hipple, one was a fat hippo type creature and the other is a small rodent, so I'm going to vote TurkeyOnAStick. I think you've got a realistic interpretation of Hipple because it's a kind of hamster creature, but you've also added in a fun side picking out the word hip, and adding some disco fever.

TarThoron, you've done a good job on trying something different, it'd be good to see the source pics you used because it makes it hard to tell how much work you put into it without them. But on the concept side, you've gone for the fat hippo creature and designed it very nicely, apart from the neck, which I think shouldn't so long and thin, it doesn't look like it'd support the head too easily. I do like the skin texture and fat flaps though!

There is something very appealing about Fuzz' picture, I'm not sure what it is though, the colours are texture are great.

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 13:17:31

At 4/30/07 01:10 PM, Zach wrote:

think you've got a realistic interpretation of Hipple because it's a kind of hamster creature,

Thats not true, a hipple is what you make it

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 13:25:38

I vote for TOAS. Good concept and pic.

>.< Soooo cuuuuuute

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 13:33:09

At 4/30/07 01:17 PM, Monkey-Boy wrote:
At 4/30/07 01:10 PM, Zach wrote:
think you've got a realistic interpretation of Hipple because it's a kind of hamster creature,

Thats not true, a hipple is what you make it

I know, wasn't the best choice of words, but what I meant was hipple sounds small, and sounds cute and cudly to me, so in my opinion TOAS interpretation is the best.

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 13:45:19

TOAS So much awesomeness in one picture.

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 14:22:39

Hum so what's the prize for winning?
I mean, I never bothered to check these threads, but if you're asking people to vote every week, what's the point if there's no prize?

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 14:26:24

At 4/30/07 02:22 PM, poxpower wrote: Hum so what's the prize for winning?

There isn't a prize. It's all for shits and giggles.

And getting better, I guess :P

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 14:57:17

I gotta say TurkeyOnAStick, its really detailed and its cool how the lights in the "dancepad" looking thing came out, also his description was nice

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 15:27:59

I'm voting for Zach, though TOASt comes in a close second. I also like Nathaniel's, but it just doesn't say "Hipple" to me, same with Razac's.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 15:29:48

I vote for Zach, I love the colours and the depth in it. Great job

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 15:33:33

I vote for NathanielMilburn!
Thanks for all for using my topic idea! I didn't think you would. =/

I disagree with Zach's statement that a hipple is either a small squirrely thing or a large hippo-like one.

Mine, for example, (which I never got to finish because of my L.A.H. class, goddamnit) was a 3-eyed creature with melting wings and a smile with a perfect and transparent cylinder for a body that eventually goo-ified into a boat like object that exhaled smoke and rectangular prisms.
It was on a river with it's boat thing being chased by a giant alien chef that was shooting eyes at it out of a tentacle.

Duh.

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 15:46:23

I'm gonna vote for Zach because it really reflects what "hipple" meant to me.For me, it is small and a nice creature.Although your creature was a bit mean since it killed its prey and stuff, I am still voting for you because it is a great piece of art, their environment is awesome and fits with the creature, and I really like the flowers(lol).

I also liked TOAS' and Razac's.

TOAS : I liked the small creature and the guy almost stepping on it but I didn't like the disco thing, I know that it is part of the creature but I think it does not fit in (it's only my opinion)

Razac : As I said before, "hipple" is for me a small and nice creature and even if your creature doesn't have a descriptions, it looks really agrresive.Although the art is great as always, I am voting for Zach because it best fits with my idea of a "hipple".

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 16:39:00

At 4/30/07 12:49 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Was close to choosing fuzz though.

My vote goes to Zach, great textures

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-04-30 17:10:27

my vote is for UnderARock.

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-05-01 02:42:47

I came in at 2nd place last week. Awsome!

Btw im gonna have to vote for ZACH this week.

Was very hard to choose between TOAS and zach and i think its going to be a narrow finish, But overall i just enjoyed zach's more

Sorry TOAS. lol

-[DeviantArt]- ~The-Ninja-Monkey

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-05-01 04:17:23

At 4/30/07 01:10 PM, Zach wrote: TarThoron, you've done a good job on trying something different, it'd be good to see the source pics you used because it makes it hard to tell how much work you put into it without them. But on the concept side, you've gone for the fat hippo creature and designed it very nicely, apart from the neck, which I think shouldn't so long and thin, it doesn't look like it'd support the head too easily. I do like the skin texture and fat flaps though!

Just saw this now, and I'm taking it as a compliment. Thanks!
I posted the source pics in the design thread this afternoon, in case you didn't notice. I was looking at them and comparing to the finished product myself, and figured others may want to too.

As for the neck, I would say it's more proportionate than various long-necked dinosaurs supposedly were.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-05-01 12:15:31

It was a compliment, I really like that you've done something new and done it well! I saw the source pics, guessing other people will check them out too. That's a good point about the comparison between your creature and dinosaurs, the sizes are quite similar, but I think it's the arch in the neck that make it look weaker.

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-05-01 12:51:20

You know it's got to be Razac out of them.

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-05-01 17:32:32

Well this was a tough one.

VOTE: TurkeyOnAStick

Razac I really liked yours, its a ferocious looking beast of very impressive digital quality. But the problem I had with it is that it IS so ferocious. Possibly due to my own interpretation of Hipple, i found it too scary to fit with the name, but overall its an amazing piece of work as always. You really should add descriptions, maybe I am wrong about how much of an angry beast it is? Could just be a protective mother or something.

Zach Yours was very close to being my number one choice this week, I was about to flip a coin! Its cute, beautifully drawn, colored perfectly in a non-common color scheme, and just gives a warm feeling of being incredibly Hipple-ey. Great work, and thanks for setting up these great voting threads every week!

TOAS Hipple, very hip indeed! The theme of your character, its little pudgy legs, and the fact that you actually have it in the act of dancing and moving around is amazing. Not only was it the only entry to make me laugh, but I had to double take to see the shoe in the background at first, which is a great added quality to the piece, great job!

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-05-01 18:10:12

Zach, your creature resembles what I think of when I hear the name 'Hipple' the most. I get the feeling more people think so :)
My vote is yours.

Razac, I think this is one of my favourites amongst your work. It's because I like the idea of such a brutal beast having such a cuddly name, but more so because it's a good picture. I'm glad you didn't get to drawing the body, since the mouth is now one of the focal points, and I think that's a good thing - it migh not have been if you developed the rest.

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-05-01 18:22:43

lol i could have made it a little fuzz ball with dinky legs with its mouth all folded in, and then it unfolding its fangs when its threatened or somthing...hmm too late now :P

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-05-03 12:51:26

razac, (unless it was too late) if it was then zach.

Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to COW#25 - Voting! 2007-05-04 22:17:43

Just bumping this becuase we need more people to vote,

So yeah.

-[DeviantArt]- ~The-Ninja-Monkey

BBS Signature