00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

3d Artists Over Here!!!

112,140 Views | 1,138 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-12 09:45:01

well guys hopefully soon i will be able to post some stuff on here, my uncle is tranfering his brice licence to me!

sig by myself

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-12 15:01:24

I plan to get blender, but for now only use endorphin LE and anim8or.
Smiley!

3d Artists Over Here!!!

At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:

: I have no sexual orientation

: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-13 00:06:04

Spose I could share a revolver made in 3ds max. It's 2,790 tris with a 1024 texture

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-13 14:47:02

meet my extremely modified Railgun!

3d Artists Over Here!!!

My Artworks | DVF Arms Developing | Red Triad Dynasty (RTD)

Join the NGPD today! Simply PM TailsPrower! To Blam & Protect!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-13 14:49:49

and a SMG of mine^^

WTF? another double-post???

3d Artists Over Here!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-13 14:51:19

but the SMG is pretty old so I decided to give it a rusty and old look, too

3d Artists Over Here!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-15 09:33:17

Nice stuff!

Oh, and I found this. O.o
Blender's getting some crazy stuff done to it. Someone managed this:

"ZanQdo writes:

I'd like to proclame a new record of number of polygons ever rendered in Blender: 1.15 billion tris with blurry reflections. Rendertime 23 min, Mem 200 mb

Can anyone top that?"

In this thread somewhere:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthre ad.php?p=1400923#post1400923

1.15 BILLION...

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-15 15:40:11

that's awesome... I'll have to check that out

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-17 16:10:53

It's Gundam time!

3d Artists Over Here!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-19 09:37:21

Wayhey! Art portal is out!

And guess what. 3D art is one of the five categories!

Yeah, that's probably because of you guys so faithfully contributing your stuff to this thing. Great job!

Oh, and nice helmet Sanchez, can we hope to see the rest some time soon?

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-21 11:42:05

Hey all, here's a little something-something I've put together over the weekend in my spare time. This little guy isn't finished just yet, still gotta rig him and add fur effects. But couldn't help myself...

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-06-23 16:40:38

Something more simple, but I was playing with water effects in Blender.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

When duty calls, you're kicked in the balls!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-03 17:20:38

This is a composite (I cloned the hair out of laziness) but everything else is straight zbrush render.

btw how long do the NG guys normally take to do that scouting for the art portal? I tried putting some stuff up a couple days ago but nothing has happened yet.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-03 18:54:38

At 7/3/09 05:20 PM, J-D-S wrote: btw how long do the NG guys normally take to do that scouting for the art portal? I tried putting some stuff up a couple days ago but nothing has happened yet.

well, you need at least 4 pieces to be scouted. and as you only have three....

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-06 13:35:39

Ali G, Borat, Bruno

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-06 14:00:55

Hi, I've been looking through the art forums a bit recently and though I'd share some of my work.
I created these pictures at a Maya course I went to for a few months. The project took quite a while and we were set to a specification so some of the created models and stuff were quickly created to cater for this.
Anyway they were created in Maya 7?? I think, not sure which version. :P
I created everything apart from the woman and the statue in the centre of the room, which were given to us for the project. I haven't used Maya since, so this is my most recent work, which is about 2 years old now.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-12 15:01:06

update, working on Ali G's clothing right now. I'm going to make a triptych with each one in an appropriate pose. Does he look too baby faced to anyone?

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-18 15:05:51

update

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-19 04:00:14

hey im sorta new to 3ds max but i thought i might as well show some of my work. this one is just some character i came up with. i had him move about as well but no audio has been added link for it is here.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-25 09:33:03

HI, I'm new to 3d this first one is only my 6th project rendered in maya using mental ray. PLZ tell me what you think !!!

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Newgrounds Gallery: click image.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-25 13:59:53

Ive been told by countless mods my stuff is crap and not fit for the portal and it seems this is the last place left I am allowed to post to show off my work. The architecture, shapes, design, nodes, brushes, lines are by me, some of the textures used are from the 3d render engine. The room features an interactive electric generator which is part of a puzzle. The generator is scripted to lift out of the floor in 3 stages and various electric effects are used to show at what stage the generator is at. I am sure you are wondering .... NO prefabs were used in the making of this scene!

The style is designed to be medieval (old) but features modern idea machinery made from wood/metal/glass materials. Any feedback is welcome, you can't really offend much more than I have been already! :P

Inactive Generator

Dormant Power
Crackling coils
Switching current

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Well he was evil, but he did build alot of roads. - Gogglor

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-25 14:31:39

At 7/25/09 01:59 PM, simonoc wrote: stuff

Looks great that^

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-25 17:17:38

Here's one of my favorites for 3-D artwork. I use 3ds Max for pretty much everything...hope you like it!

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-25 22:03:51

At 7/25/09 01:59 PM, simonoc wrote: Ive been told by countless mods my stuff is crap and not fit for the portal and it seems this is the last place left I am allowed to post to show off my work. The architecture, shapes, design, nodes, brushes, lines are by me, some of the textures used are from the 3d render engine. The room features an interactive electric generator which is part of a puzzle. The generator is scripted to lift out of the floor in 3 stages and various electric effects are used to show at what stage the generator is at. I am sure you are wondering .... NO prefabs were used in the making of this scene!

The style is designed to be medieval (old) but features modern idea machinery made from wood/metal/glass materials. Any feedback is welcome, you can't really offend much more than I have been already! :P

Inactive Generator
Dormant Power
Crackling coils
Switching current

Hey man, i saw some of your stuff in portal before. Dont worry too much about whatever it is they said to you, it doesnt matter in the long run. I think your level designs are pretty cool, but you could improve the way you present them. With such a close quarters kind of level design it is difficult to understand how the rooms are fitting together, even when you post multiple screenshots. I would actually advise against posting the multiple screenshots - instead maybe show us a floor plan so we can see the layout and have an idea what we are looking at. If you do want to show multiple views select a few of best ones and display them with a nice layout together. Dont be discouraged and keep working :)

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-26 06:39:39

@J-qb: Cool thanks, is there anything you don't like about the images? Things that look odd? Anymore details that could be added? Images too dark?

@KalasMibari: Very nice finish to the image, I would personally make the wood less shiny/specular and maybe have some of the keys on the piano pressed down in a specially choosen chord? The back of the keys and wood edge looks too sharp at the moment, maybe needs more detail so when the keys are depressed you will see something underneath the top wood area.

@J-D-S: Wow thank you for the encouragement :D

Yeah it has been a disheartening week but it taught me something I did not realise that some people really have no clue what level design is about and how different 3D engines work. What annoys me the most is that I was told vague excuses and really it just boiled down to my stuff not being welcome in the special friends and family art portal. I checked through the portal and there is loads of stupid exceptions going on, with unreal map models, sketches and various strange levels of 'art'. I really feel I am being singled out and burnt at the stake because I was honest enough to declare all my sources and not be ashamed of it.

I came to this site because of the music portal, which is vote/review based. The good stuff stays at the top (via votes) and the bad stuff drops down the top x list. People are creating amazing stuff, remixes, original, concept, short, long, loud, the list is endless. The whole music portal is vibrant and alive with people submitting tons of cool stuff. It seems very strange to throw that working model away and create a specially choosen gallery only.

@VictoriaGoldsmith: Thanks for the comments. :D

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-26 18:03:40

wow i invisible X3 oh well...i know my art isnt grand but at least tell me what I could do or something..I accept all critique as helpful

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-27 10:46:25

At 6/12/09 09:41 AM, Krayon wrote: To those wondering about a good free program. The best out there is Blender.

http://www.blender.org/

Yeah, I am planning to get Blender as well. Since, I was looking for free 3D programs for ages.

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-27 14:28:39

At 7/27/09 10:46 AM, Zoidz wrote:

Yeah, I am planning to get Blender as well. Since, I was looking for free 3D programs for ages.

A good place to start for tutorials is http://blenderartists.org/cms/. They use a consistent format and downloadable in pdf format for offline use.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-27 14:48:26

hi i dont know how to skin models but i do know how to put a bunch of shapes together and import it into halo 2 on xbox

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2009-07-27 19:00:45

@KalasMibari: Very nice finish to the image, I would personally make the wood less shiny/specular and maybe have some of the keys on the piano pressed down in a specially choosen chord

Thanks simonoc ^_^ ill try to fix my renderings up