00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

3d Artists Over Here!!!

112,137 Views | 1,138 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-10-13 13:32:34

nice work zandoid, my rigging skills need to be updated terribly :)

another wip render, I wish I had more time to work on it. I remade the clothing, now I need to improve the body mesh and uv layout because there are alot of artefacts.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-10-14 16:07:37

Whoa! You guys make my lake of blood look like trash.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-10-15 03:12:15

For all you ladies out there... here is an extra uterus for ya.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Helpful hints encourage growth, and I think you are good enough to continue growing. If i say nothing to help you improve, how does that help?

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-10-17 01:25:26

At 10/15/08 03:12 AM, AmberNicole404 wrote: For all you ladies out there... here is an extra uterus for ya.

ewwww :)
how did you do the cross section?

more small updates
I definitely need to make him a shiny scalpel

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-10-17 22:03:41

Haha! Nide idea, although that hand/ shiny thingo is a bit wierd, I can't see what it is, reflections and whatnot lost the detail.

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-10-19 22:18:54

At 10/17/08 10:03 PM, Krayon wrote: Haha! Nide idea, although that hand/ shiny thingo is a bit wierd, I can't see what it is, reflections and whatnot lost the detail.

o that was a 5 second sketch of a scalpel, I was more concerned with how it would effect composition over anything else.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-10-21 04:51:07

i did an animation. its only six seconds but its my first. i hope you guys like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9BjBWBrl gs

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-10-21 12:55:31

I also made an animation recently, pretty much the same quality but longer...My animation

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-10-24 03:13:37

At 10/21/08 12:55 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: I also made an animation recently, pretty much the same quality but longer...My animation

that was pretty cool man, must have taken a long time

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-04 09:10:43

Nice going raveninskyprime. You gonna make a movie out of it?

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-04 16:14:09

Did the cross section with some opacity maps originally, but my professor didnt like it, so this one is composted and erased away in photoshop. (I also used deep uv and deep paint) Your skin is looking tons better. Ive been working on some skin procedural. Ill post them soon. And if you are lucky and ive some free time, ill post how i did them too.
Just for your info, Neal Blevins has some nice reflection tutorials. They are AMAZING.

At 10/17/08 01:25 AM, J-D-S wrote:
At 10/15/08 03:12 AM, AmberNicole404 wrote: For all you ladies out there... here is an extra uterus for ya.
ewwww :)
how did you do the cross section?

more small updates
I definitely need to make him a shiny scalpel

Helpful hints encourage growth, and I think you are good enough to continue growing. If i say nothing to help you improve, how does that help?

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-05 05:20:04

And I have never noticed this thread because.... d'oH!

A lancer for my parody animation that I'm doing. Meant to have a 2d'ish look to it.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-05 15:18:03

Let's see if I have that shitty Newgrounds bg I made ages ago lying around somewhere...
oh yep, here it is. not much, I'm a noob with 3D programs.
done in Cinema 4D.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-06 07:21:18

Wow! Nice stuff PeterSatera, keep that up and you'll be going far fast!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-06 11:05:27

At 11/5/08 05:20 AM, PeterSatera wrote: And I have never noticed this thread because.... d'oH!

A lancer for my parody animation that I'm doing. Meant to have a 2d'ish look to it.

It looks good. I hope that you submit that parody to NG.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-08 13:20:18

Thanks guys! I went to apply to work within studios and they were all great for taking me in until they found out I work with lightwave. They wanted maya animators and modo modelers. However in the States Lightwave is extremely popular. I mainly do freelance animation now, so it doesn't matter what I use.

Anyway... Yeah I'd love to submit it to NG but I dont know if they would accept it due to the fact that it's 3d and not flash created.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-08 20:06:04

At 11/8/08 01:20 PM, PeterSatera wrote: Thanks guys! I went to apply to work within studios and they were all great for taking me in until they found out I work with lightwave. They wanted maya animators and modo modelers. However in the States Lightwave is extremely popular. I mainly do freelance animation now, so it doesn't matter what I use.

Anyway... Yeah I'd love to submit it to NG but I dont know if they would accept it due to the fact that it's 3d and not flash created.

Many people submit 2D animations that are done on paper, some do stop-motion.
The only real requirement you need is for it to be in the SWF format.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-08 22:32:40

At 11/8/08 08:06 PM, PaperBagMask wrote:
At 11/8/08 01:20 PM, PeterSatera wrote: Thanks guys! I went to apply to work within studios and they were all great for taking me in until they found out I work with lightwave. They wanted maya animators and modo modelers. However in the States Lightwave is extremely popular. I mainly do freelance animation now, so it doesn't matter what I use.

Many people submit 2D animations that are done on paper, some do stop-motion.
The only real requirement you need is for it to be in the SWF format.

Yeah, PaperMask has it right, I've seen 3D here before, just transfer it .swf format and upload! You'll probably get the frontpage along with it!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-08 23:23:24

Procedural Skin textures done in 3dsmax. I used the subsurface deformer that comes with it for the front skin ball, the back one is one i came up with on my own just playing around.

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-08 23:31:21

fabric tests. Back one is a double sided material with a dark blue denim beneath it and an embroidered lace on top material. Front one is a nice warm silk and wool blend. that one is really simple

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-08 23:35:06

Sorry... didnt like the last one's size... re-loaded

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-08 23:37:30

umm... laminate and asphalt

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-09 03:50:12

Hey guys,

This is a little character I created for an animation assignment for class. Modelled/UV'd/Textured him in a day and Rigged/Skinned him in another day.

Modelling and Rigging done in Maya 2008, - UV'd with RoadKill and rendered with Mental Ray. Texturing and Post-work in Photoshop CS3.

You can view original size here

3d Artists Over Here!!!

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-09 07:41:02

Nice stuff Zandoid. The skin looks a bit like the leather on our couches Amber, you might want to think about subsurface scattering for skin.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-09 10:25:39

At 11/8/08 11:23 PM, AmberNicole404 wrote: Procedural Skin textures done in 3dsmax. I used the subsurface deformer that comes with it for the front skin ball, the back one is one i came up with on my own just playing around.

Do you have a tut on this? It looks great.

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-09 11:15:32

Nice stuff there Zandoid, I like the character and textures. The render almost has a hazy effect though instead of looking crisp, have you added a filter?

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-09 17:32:32

At 11/9/08 10:25 AM, DooDooMeaT wrote:
At 11/8/08 11:23 PM, AmberNicole404 wrote: Procedural Skin textures done in 3dsmax. I used the subsurface deformer that comes with it for the front skin ball, the back one is one i came up with on my own just playing around.
Do you have a tut on this? It looks great.

no standard tutorials or anything, just toooonnns of reading on the sub surface thingie... here are some of the readings i did,
"A Practical Model for Subsurface Light Transport" by Henrik Wann Jensen, Stephen R. Marschner, Marc Levoy, Pat Hanrahan at Stanford University and www.NeilBlevins.com and look at stuff by Zap Andersson. And it isn't a far away view of skin, its a close one, since I do medical stuff, so I take a lot of histology into consideration. If i get some time, due to requests via messages and here, I will see if i can post the settings of what I did in smax to get this... but Im not so good at describing it. Ill see if i have time.

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-09 17:35:25

At 11/9/08 07:41 AM, Krayon wrote: Nice stuff Zandoid. The skin looks a bit like the leather on our couches Amber, you might want to think about subsurface scattering for skin.

Yeah, that's what I used. And skin does look a lot like leather, especially close up, which is what im most concerned with. You got any more articles on it, besides what i said I read?

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-10 06:54:12

At 11/9/08 05:35 PM, AmberNicole404 wrote:
At 11/9/08 07:41 AM, Krayon wrote: Nice stuff Zandoid. The skin looks a bit like the leather on our couches Amber, you might want to think about subsurface scattering for skin.
Yeah, that's what I used. And skin does look a lot like leather, especially close up, which is what im most concerned with. You got any more articles on it, besides what i said I read?

The only thing I saw wrong with your skin was that it was too shiny and maybe a bit deep with the bump mapping. Skin is shiny in small areas when it is usally stretched across bone. Like the forehead, or nose. Thats when the specular hits. Which is the reason why textures for faces and skin are painted usually, not just a procedural texture. They are painted to give the impression of tight skin in areas as well as slacker off in other parts. Like the nose, which is a tight area compared to under the eyes. When skin textures are made its best to also remember to give the impression of muscle underneath, so depending on the way the skin sits on a person you will see hints of red through it, in some cases greens to show vein structure.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Artists Over Here!!! 2008-11-10 08:19:04

At 11/9/08 05:35 PM, AmberNicole404 wrote:

Might I recommend this?
http://features.cgsociety.org/story_cust om.php?story_id=4006