00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash ni- uh.. CS3?

7,827 Views | 48 Replies

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-26 16:55:46

Well, now that playing Flash games on the Wii has gotten pretty damn popular, you need to downgrade all of your games to Flash 7 to be supported on the Wii anyway, so that's sort of a disincentive to bother upgrading in the first place.

I've been behind the curve anyway. I'm only just now starting to upgrade to using AS 2.0 (kinda wish I did it sooner, though), although my code has been Flash 8 compatible for about a year now (and thus some of my games can't be played on the Wii until I downgrade it :/).

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-26 17:45:37

At 4/26/07 04:55 PM, cableshaft wrote: Well, now that playing Flash games on the Wii has gotten pretty damn popular, you need to downgrade all of your games to Flash 7 to be supported on the Wii anyway, so that's sort of a disincentive to bother upgrading in the first place.

hopefully the opera browser will be updated soon with a newer flash version, now that they see how popular it is

BBS Signature

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-26 17:49:02

At 4/26/07 10:43 AM, Tafari-dh wrote: by the sounds of it, this new flash cs3 has it going on!
i just hope actionscript 3 isn't too different from as2

It is very different going by what I read. Looked like a completely new language. All for the best I'm sure...

I'm really liking the sound of Flash CS3, a while back people were complaining cause they thought the only new feature was AS3, but some of those other new features sound fantastic. I'll definitely be upgrading...after I finish of the stack of half-finished games I've got going on in 8.

Stating the bloody obvious here but isn't it kinda dumb calling it CS3 when there's no CS1 or CS2. They should've just thought up a new name for the whole package (eg Flash CX, Photoshop CX etc).

BBS Signature

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-26 19:18:14

From what you've said about Flash CS3 it seems like it's gonna be good!

c

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-26 19:24:56

At 4/26/07 05:49 PM, ChromeShark wrote: Stating the bloody obvious here but isn't it kinda dumb calling it CS3 when there's no CS1 or CS2. They should've just thought up a new name for the whole package (eg Flash CX, Photoshop CX etc).

CS: Creative Suite. There was an Adobe CS and CS2, Flash is now part of Adobe's CS3. You can buy CS3 as a complete package, or seperately. Wish I could afford to buy them all, but I'll most likely just be upgrading photoshop.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-26 20:52:34

I'm still using Flash 6 (MX). What have they done for character animation since then? Nothing.

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-26 21:03:01

W00t!! I wanna upgrade to CS3 so bad now after looking at all those screenshots ...

D:

BBS Signature

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-26 21:24:42

At 4/26/07 08:52 PM, touched wrote: I'm still using Flash 6 (MX). What have they done for character animation since then? Nothing.

filters ^___^
blends too, but does anyone even use those?

BBS Signature

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-26 23:05:28

I will most definitely NOT be checking this out. I hardly program anything unless you count making buttons... yeah.

If they can't make a figure move like a marrionette and keep joints together for me, they've got nothing I'm interested in.

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-27 10:55:36

I still have my Flash 9 Beta upgrade, and from the looks of it, there's basically no difference between the products (at least not $200 worth).

I think you can still get it
here .

Got relationship questions or problems? Ask the Relationship Crew.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-27 21:00:08

At 4/26/07 08:52 PM, touched wrote: I'm still using Flash 6 (MX). What have they done for character animation since then? Nothing.

You want animation? You have to do it yourself.You want the software to do it for you? You'll need to start using 3D. You've obviously used Flash, how in hell would it be possible to make animating easier? Fact is that Flash wan't made for animating, yes it's good at it, but that's not it's purpose. If all you do is animate with Flash, then I'd recomend Flash4 over MX. It had the best layout. Though that's a personal opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-28 00:23:31

At 4/27/07 09:00 PM, eggatron wrote: You want animation? You have to do it yourself.You want the software to do it for you? You'll need to start using 3D. You've obviously used Flash, how in hell would it be possible to make animating easier? Fact is that Flash wan't made for animating, yes it's good at it, but that's not it's purpose. If all you do is animate with Flash, then I'd recomend Flash4 over MX. It had the best layout.

I do in fact know what I'm talking about, I know very well about doing it myself, and I am not a fan of software that "does it for you." And no, it is not necessary to go 3D to make improvements in character animation. Do you really want me to list off ALL the ways they could have improved it? It would be quite a list, and I don't think it's worth the time. Haven't you seen all the other 2D animation programs out there? You're quite right that Flash wasn't made for character animation, which was rather my point. I disagree about the Flash 4 interface, though. That was the first version I used, and I thought MX was a huge improvement.

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-28 18:33:59

If it's basically an upgrade for programmers then I'll stick with my Flash 8. I want to animate, not make games :)

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-29 11:36:23

What I was wanting to be changed was the sound envelope editor. If they let you scale that box I would have been happy...

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-29 18:49:04

Have they added more images to be dynamically controlled by flash yet?

just having jpegs being importable at run time seems a bit week by todays standards. ^_^

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-29 18:53:53

I just upgraded to it and I have to say I love the new interface and I like how the pen tool matched illustrators. I haven't checked out actionscript 3 but hopefully its not that different. I love it although it took forever to install.

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-29 22:09:19

thats cool

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-30 09:15:36

Actionscript 3.0 ftw. As for Flash CS3 for animators... yeah, just some minor upgrades for the drawing tools I guess. But otherwise Flash CS3 is 1337. :P

Response to Flash ni- uh.. CS3? 2007-04-30 20:48:15

It looks a lot like Photoshop :)