00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help Judge New Submissions!

8,258 Views | 73 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 01:56:04

yay, I finally underctand these "Blam" points!

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 03:11:39

seriously problems on the file size (protect = 1000kb or more, blam = less than 1000kb), i hope everything clears up when the new servers come in :), kinda frustrating to see perfectly good flashes get blammed and crappy stick fighting flash movies to get protected =/ just because of uncompressed music

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 05:43:52

At 5/18/03 05:35 AM, FireBall-X wrote: hey wade could you post a list which shows all the blam/protect ranks in the right order with the % extra voting power and the amount of blam/protects needed to get to each rank?
please

Go to the Where/How to forum and look for the blam/protect list.
I still need 28 more points to advance to Captain.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 06:10:34

i would hand out stickers at school but they cost money, so if they were free.....

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 07:06:46

hope you'll fix every thing soon.... damn errors

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 07:28:52

Bit ironic, ain't it? about three weeks ago or something, Wade posts on the front page, saying:

' We still have a lot of users frequently showing up on our "Naughty Voter" list. Again, this only pertains to "Under Judgment" submissions. ... Again, this is only for brand new submission that come into the Portal's Top 50 most recent list that are still "Under Judgment". ... Once a submission is past judgment you can then use your acquired voting power to shift the score up or down by voting 0 through 5. This will help keep you off our s-list and will increase your chances on getting more voting points.'

etc etc. And now he's trying to get everyone who he scared off voting on the 'Under Judgement' submissions to get back to voting on them. Make up your mind - if you want lots of people to vote on 'Under judgement' submissions, some decent one's are going to get blammed even if they fit all the NG rules, just cause different people like different movies.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 07:39:42

At 5/18/03 07:28 AM, random_scribble wrote: Bit ironic, ain't it?

not really
his first thread: stop voting only 0 or 5 he said that becouse allot of people were doing that =(
second post: vote more on new submisions

not really that ironic =)

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 08:22:15

At 5/18/03 07:39 AM, _lightning_ wrote:
not really
his first thread: stop voting only 0 or 5 he said that becouse allot of people were doing that =(
second post: vote more on new submisions

not really that ironic =)

Not ironic AT ALL actually. He told people to stop voting 0's on entries. He told people to vote fair. He said to vote 0 and 1 ONLY in entries that have no effort. If a person doesn't like it BUT the submission had effort put into it, that's no reason to blam it. If it was a movie review it would be no problem if you gave it the lowest score. But voting a flash submission in NG a 0 makes it be removed. So if you don't like it but it's decent vote a 2. It doesn't have to be blammed.

Now he told us to vote more. That doesn't mean he wants us to blam left and right. If anyone does that, the rules still aply and he's going to remove the users from NG. At least that's what I think. But if Wade replies he's probably going to say the same.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 09:44:18

At 5/17/03 09:34 PM, Metalman_RM wrote: Concerning Wades Post:

Is it just me, of shouldent ng account users already know this if they have read the history of ng, or simply browsed the site?

Considering less than 1% of our daily visitors sign into a NG user account each day I'd say NO! The people you see actively using NG, voting, reviewing, etc, make up less than 1% of our daily traffic. We usually log around 3,000 unique users who took the time to vote on something each day. We know we have been getting 150,000+ unique visitors each day. So what are the other 147,000 visitors doing? Well, they aren't signing up for accounts, logging in, and voting.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 09:55:40

Uh, no. I never told people to stop voting. I had asked people to vote more carefully. This new post isn't for existing users, it's to try and encourage NG visitors that don't have NG accounts to create an account and help vote. Or did you miss the part where I was telling people to "SIGN UP"? If you have an account than that doesn't really apply to you now does it?

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 11:22:43

i feel like i have read this before...

Maximus Decimus Meridius

BBS Signature

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 12:19:46

Yea your right. I seen a movie called RIVAL 2 that should have been on the front page cos of its score but it wasn't. Also that custom rides on the front page should have disapeared ages ago. Why is it still there?

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 13:17:49

At 5/17/03 09:04 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

Just be careful taking them to school as one of our users got himself a detention from passing them out at school! :)

Detention? Just for passing stickers out? heh. I could understand if they put it on the principals car or something, lol.

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 14:21:19

lol they got a detention. i guese i dont remember that part. but i spose they would i mean with all these ads on here. jeese. i would prob get suspended or sumtin at my stupid school.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 14:24:19

lol again. i just saw ur sig ryan. u found waldo huh? im still wondering where he is.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 14:45:17

Hey Wade! I got a new game out on the Portal. Check it out if you got the time please :)

I was never really here.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 15:08:29

At 5/17/03 09:14 PM, Patricoo wrote: Good to know the basics. Has anyone thought of having somthing that says how your ranked in most reviews? like my profile says I'm about #125 on most viewed profiles because it's so awesome, could there be somthing like that for reviews?

Yeah, your profile rocks... *sigh*

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 16:10:48

At 5/18/03 01:27 AM, DaFreaK_B_ wrote: Vote fair, people!

That's a crazy idea... but I like it! =)

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 16:19:50

Wow, thanks for the numbers Wade, I like em! Wow, 150 000 dayly, that's a lot. Hey, you know, there really should be a "numbers and stats " page on Ng, for all the numbers freaks. Like, dayly hits on ng, proportion of people who watch only 1 movie per visit, you know, that kind of useless numbers.

or not. And it's cool that whenever you say "vote" in any post, someone bugs you!

BBS Signature

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 16:51:18

Now at what amount of Blam and Protection points do you need to achieve the next level? Or is there a certain amount? I have always wondered that.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 18:49:01

At 5/18/03 04:51 PM, Evil1666 wrote: Now at what amount of Blam and Protection points do you need to achieve the next level? Or is there a certain amount? I have always wondered that.

You must have 1000 points for Police Captain.

You need 2500 points to reach the level I'm reaching in a few days.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 19:06:01

I just have one thing to say wade, be prepared to recieve a big, FAT envelope! I have some cash and i'm thirsty for stickers, I LOVE NEWGROUNDS. I don't care about detention anyways, i'll put stickers everywhere!

BBS Signature

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 19:33:56

you can try disabling viewing more than 2 movies if you don't have an account! THat'l encourage people to sign up and VOTE

BBS Signature

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 20:30:10

Don't worry Wade, I did that almost everyday !!! That's why my ranking rose from civilian to police lieutenant within two months !!! Btw, I vote fair !!!

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 21:28:01

hey that was awsome im gonna gety me those NG stickers c ya

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-18 22:41:17

dude thats a lot of money just 4 stickers. especially 4 the ppl that go to school and are unemployed. like me. noooooooo. well summers coming so i think ill get a job and next year buy a ton of stickers. thas what im hoping.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-19 00:07:39

Remember, blam it if it says "Music Video" in the description.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-19 00:53:58

This message is only for those new users on NG.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-19 01:03:22

I want to order a bunch of stickers, just hate using money orders, its all such a pain..
going to the store.. getting a money order.. sending it.. meh.

either way i plan on doing that this friday, i'm gonna make iowa one of the top buyers.

Response to Help Judge New Submissions! 2003-05-19 01:26:36

I oredered stickers and didnt get shit.

JWQLKSNDMAOGLDKENQHAPELWKDMCAJMENAL DJKEIUBABELANDKHMYEFAS

LAMSNDKHFWLJKQRNZXPAPALEJDFHGNSXNCM ANQOEJFLSKDQNDASKQJRWG

QODMXNCBVJDKEWKQUAYSHWWMSKFHANXASKF LWMENSKFHSKALEDNASEWI