00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Contests, Opportunities, etc.

9,156 Views | 68 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Contests, Opportunities, etc. 2001-03-09 17:47:23

Redesign:

Like the idea of getting rid of the infernal chaos on the site, converting to a startup page with 3 choises is goodie!. But i'm not too thrilled about the design...

If I had it my way, I'd make it look less like a web page, if you know what i'm getting at... Pretty hard to explain this. But how's about just having a dark grey background, whith some blured objects representing each category joined in some way, with text appearing when you move the cursor over it?? I feel that newgrounds today has kind of a kindergarden look to it (no offence).

This is maybe just the artist in me speaking, but what the hey... I'm just shaering thoughts...

-squabbish

Response to Contests, Opportunities, etc. 2001-03-10 06:55:29

OK in response to toms design questions i think the current site is brilliant, but the flash one is also very good. The only advantage to the one your using now is the frames its alot easier to get around.

But this really does depend because the all flash on a busy day would load alot quicker than the front page ur using now.

AM i helping? nah i dont think i am....lol erm i like both and dont mind what ya do.

Response to Contests, Opportunities, etc. 2001-03-10 12:19:03

Check out my web page at http://www.thepeskyone.homestead.com

Response to Contests, Opportunities, etc. 2001-03-10 13:27:04

the new home page would look good, and loads faster, and i like the idea of todays best coming from the tank mans mouth. i would like it. but would the other pages be changed?

Response to Contests, Opportunities, etc. 2001-03-11 03:25:59

That proposed layout is really neat. I think that everything except the giant background movie is cool. The background movie was crappy just because it slowed the hell out of my crappy computer.

For the sections, I don't really care, as long as you leave an option for each part of the site on the front page.

The frames I don't like that much, although I LOVE the new (well, almost new) Portal feature that makes a new window for movies (because for a while some movies were too big to fit in the middle frame), just because my screen resolution is 800x600 and they take up too much space. That's just because my computer sucks though. But, there are probably a lot of other people that have old computers. That's always a problem to think about. That's all from me though.

-Zach

Response to Contests, Opportunities, etc. 2001-03-12 18:04:49

OK, the new design is..okay. I like the current layout but I think new people coming to newgrounds would feel a little overwhelmed if they came here right now. I mean theres music here, a movie there, news here all on one page. Some guy earlier had a really good idea which i hope you do: have the cannon on the tank point to the items when you rollover them. Move the daily portal entries...and make an easter egg we miss them!

Response to Contests, Opportunities, etc. 2001-03-12 22:52:25

I like the Newgrounds main page you got going but I dont like the whole 3 sections thing. I think it would be better if you did something more like the original Newgrounds layout but with the whole tank newgrounds logo you already have going.

Response to Contests, Opportunities, etc. 2001-03-13 06:27:28

3) Everyone can help me with this one - I am doing an article about character crossovers in Flash cartoons. Examples would include Pico making a cameo in NG Sticks 2, or Eskimo Bob appearing in The Final Slayer.

Uh oh, just what we need, more Eskimo Bob fans voting my movies down!

I like the new site design, the explosion looks like osmething out of Metal Slug. I especially agree with the top movies!!

-Ben

Response to Contests, Opportunities, etc. 2004-08-28 15:31:17

to think that's still political